Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #16  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, I appreciate your posting and I agree -- stay OP as long as you can. I had no cravings while OP and then when I had some carbs, it's really hard to not get those cravings back. My main mistake was that I felt comfortable with my loss, I DO look good, and I didn't phase off properly because I didn't know it would matter (DUH!) Newsflash: It does! LOL But not only didn't I phase off properly, but I've been having less veggies etc. "taking a break" to have some things I hadn't had for awhile, not realizing how quickly the weight will creep back on. So this has been GOOD for me to realize that the maintenance plan is long term. I'm really interested now in people who are thinking long term, like Hgamroth who's "pinning" PALEO recipes for "later" and things like that. I don't have a 'long term plan' but I realize I have a 'for now' plan that I haven't been sticking to. So back to "for now" I go -- IP-- till I get more towards my goal. But I know now why people stress about the 'maintenance' part as that really is where the mental challenge comes in.
I hear Wuv saying "just stick with the paper-it works". Ok Wuv! I hear ya!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lisa, I appreciate your posting and I agree -- stay OP as long as you can. I had no cravings while OP and then when I had some carbs, it's really hard to not get those cravings back. My main mistake was that I felt comfortable with my loss, I DO look good, and I didn't phase off properly because I didn't know it would matter (DUH!) Newsflash: It does! LOL But not only didn't I phase off properly, but I've been having less veggies etc. "taking a break" to have some things I hadn't had for awhile, not realizing how quickly the weight will creep back on. So this has been GOOD for me to realize that the maintenance plan is long term. I'm really interested now in people who are thinking long term, like Hgamroth who's "pinning" PALEO recipes for "later" and things like that. I don't have a 'long term plan' but I realize I have a 'for now' plan that I haven't been sticking to. So back to "for now" I go -- IP-- till I get more towards my goal. But I know now why people stress about the 'maintenance' part as that really is where the mental challenge comes in.
I hear Wuv saying "just stick with the paper-it works". Ok Wuv! I hear ya!
Lots of people ask me how long it will be until i can eat "normal" again. I tell them that I AM eating "normal" for me right now. I will NEVER eat like I used to. I am going to have my fun day but as far as the junk, bread, pasta, and pizza go, not part of my long term plan. Start planning IP43! Look forward to maintenance! It is funny how excited I am to try coconut and almond flour. I am more excited about greek yogurt and fruit. I am not even thinking about junk and fast food. You can do this!

Last edited by Hgamroth; 11-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #18  

Last time I lost weight, I went from 275 to 175. I was still 30 lbs overweight and I quit.

I have already started talking with my coach about that. I don't want to repeat the past. I don't want to be complacent when I look "pretty good" but my BMI is still overweight. I'll never be "skinny" but just to be in a normal BMI is pretty important to me, and then learning how to STAY THERE.

My coach and her chiropractor husband eat paleo. She has ideas that are closer to that for Phases 3 & 4. It relieved me to hear there is a plan that sounds like I can live with. It'll be a while before I get there but its never too soon to know what happens "next"
Old 11-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Good morning! I stepped on the scale this morning at it said 191.5. Last Sunday it said 199! Unbelievably excited that simply reducing my carbs before I start IP for real on Monday has worked out so well. I am so motivated to change my life!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I lost another 3.3 which means I made my goal by my six month anniversary - to lose 70 pounds. Next week will be six months. I hope to lose 14.5 pounds by the end of the year, which will make it 85 pounds lost this year. This goal may be unrealistic as my weight loss has slowed, but I will stay on plan and hope for the best.

I learned long ago that you have to start from where you are - it is so much harder to lose weight and stay on plan if you think your starting weight is lower than your current weight. I agree with Lisa, others' weight gain is scary to me because I don't want to do that again. Every day I think about how I will eat in maintenence, not about junk food, but about the healthy meals I will eat. I hope that spending a year (or more) eating on phase 1, combined with this visualization will encourage me to not binge, or go back to my comfort foods.

Stay strong and think about how healthy your body is getting!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default lisa32989

Almost everything you said sounds like me!!! (Cept I'm an RN) I lost over 50lbs on my own about 6yrs ago. (following a low carb, diabetic diet plan)I got PG (one of my Dr friends said it could have been one of the reasons I got PG at my age so easily.) and once I had my daughter I was at one of my lowest weights since HS. (my lowest was 165) Gradually, I talked myself back into eating and it took almost 5years to put it almost all back. I was kind of like the HS football player constantly reliving the past and feeling down about.

Finally, I realized my life was a lot different back then. I only had me and my husband to worry about. I was in a job with normal hours. We had freedom to to whatever we wanted. (I loved bike riding!!)

Right now, I need the structure of IP because it's forcing me to take time for ME to get it back together.

Trust me and ask Scorbett, I am a little nutty looking at everyone's weekly weight loss, I was upset I had only lost 6.6 last week. It's one thing I have to stop myself from doing.

I am glad to have S and this board to help me through. Stories like yours and others make me realize I am not the only one
Old 11-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #22  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

im thinking about ordering from Nashua Nutrition...any suggestions or what should I stay away from lol they have sooooo many different brands!!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
im thinking about ordering from Nashua Nutrition...any suggestions or what should I stay away from lol they have sooooo many different brands!!
There is a whole alternative thread about this. People there will help if you don't find the info you are looking for in the thread
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Here's the thread! Good luck, it's helped me tremendously.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...se-1-talk.html
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Is there a thread on Tastefully Simple spices?? I am confused about some of them. I know it's 000 BUT some of their 000 products have sugar in the ingredients and some of their no's have less than 1 carb (and maybe no sugar).
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #26  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NSV sort of.... I changed my ticker (sadly, having to add weight ON--sigh). I have been off-plan and have put on (gulp) almost 10 pounds since my lowest weight in September. I was avoiding doing it for so long since I hoped I'd be back to that weight "next week"... I think acknowledging that this is where I am at TODAY and making plans to move forward is a good step back on plan. I put a "heart" ticker there as I want to be on maintenance by Valentine's day, but also as a 'visual' to me to keep making heart healthy choices. And I left my Can Can man as my visual "kick in the butt" if I need it! LOL. Have a good day everyone! As Arnie would say: "I'm baaa-aaa--ck"
Glad to have you back IP43, you can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Reading about people gaining weight scares me.

If it is you, it is not that YOU scare me. It is that I scare me.
Weight has been an issue all of my adult life (looking back at my teen pics, I wasn't fat, just curvier than my stick-thin friends, but it contributed to my poor body-image).

I'm sure this is why I'm so adamant about staying 100%. I just don't trust myself. I'm not sure if I can have one bite, lick, or drink of anything off-plan without going hog-wild. It took me too long to get to a point where I could string more than a few days on ANY prescribed eating plan together. I HAVE had a few days that were borderline on-plan, mostly due to the chosen dinner protein (higher fat than on the sheet) and I also had a couple of days of more than 1 restricted. So I'm learning I am trustworthy to get back OP and I do my best every day with the choices I have.

I'm a teacher. When I returned to school this year, I didn't tell anyone I had started this plan. Mostly it was b/c I still didn't trust myself. I told someone in one of my social circles that I was on a diet and she said, "again?"

I just don't want that to be my life: Starting weight loss programs and not getting to goal, starting and re-starting diets b/c I cheated, never knowing what size clothes to buy because I'm never the same size from one season to the next.

I'm so glad you are all here. I really don't think I could have stuck with it without all of the recipe ideas, without all of the encouragement to stay OP and to be happy with ANY loss ("only" is a four-letter-word in relation to how much weight I lost in any given week)

I can easily look at the speed at which others are losing and if I'm not careful, I start comparing (of course, always looking at the people losing faster than me). I learned a LONG time ago not to compare my insides to someone else's outside. You all help me with that, as well.

This is a daily battle and a daily struggle.
All of you make it easier.
THAT. is why I keep hanging around here.
I know just what you mean Lisa. I am sure most of on here have lost and gained many times including me. I am so scared of maintenance and adding foods back in. I have been getting lots of comments now that I don't need to lose anymore but my BMI and weight are still at the high end. AND I am afraid to go off phase 1 especially with the holidays coming up. I do feel different this time with this diet in that it has taught us how to eat healthier and to love veggies. Going back to eating how we use to is never an option if we want to keep the weight off. So I do feel pretty confident but have felt that before... This forum is a Godsend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Lots of people ask me how long it will be until i can eat "normal" again. I tell them that I AM eating "normal" for me right now. I will NEVER eat like I used to. I am going to have my fun day but as far as the junk, bread, pasta, and pizza go, not part of my long term plan. Start planning IP43! Look forward to maintenance! It is funny how excited I am to try coconut and almond flour. I am more excited about greek yogurt and fruit. I am not even thinking about junk and fast food. You can do this!
I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I lost another 3.3 which means I made my goal by my six month anniversary - to lose 70 pounds. Next week will be six months. I hope to lose 14.5 pounds by the end of the year, which will make it 85 pounds lost this year. This goal may be unrealistic as my weight loss has slowed, but I will stay on plan and hope for the best.

I learned long ago that you have to start from where you are - it is so much harder to lose weight and stay on plan if you think your starting weight is lower than your current weight. I agree with Lisa, others' weight gain is scary to me because I don't want to do that again. Every day I think about how I will eat in maintenence, not about junk food, but about the healthy meals I will eat. I hope that spending a year (or more) eating on phase 1, combined with this visualization will encourage me to not binge, or go back to my comfort foods.

Stay strong and think about how healthy your body is getting!
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Almost everything you said sounds like me!!! (Cept I'm an RN) I lost over 50lbs on my own about 6yrs ago. (following a low carb, diabetic diet plan)I got PG (one of my Dr friends said it could have been one of the reasons I got PG at my age so easily.) and once I had my daughter I was at one of my lowest weights since HS. (my lowest was 165) Gradually, I talked myself back into eating and it took almost 5years to put it almost all back. I was kind of like the HS football player constantly reliving the past and feeling down about.

Finally, I realized my life was a lot different back then. I only had me and my husband to worry about. I was in a job with normal hours. We had freedom to to whatever we wanted. (I loved bike riding!!)

Right now, I need the structure of IP because it's forcing me to take time for ME to get it back together.

Trust me and ask Scorbett, I am a little nutty looking at everyone's weekly weight loss, I was upset I had only lost 6.6 last week. It's one thing I have to stop myself from doing.

I am glad to have S and this board to help me through. Stories like yours and others make me realize I am not the only one
Let's all continue with this forum way into the future!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

Cold, rained hard last night and then froze...snow on top of it today. I think when I was out watering my chickens it was a whopping 12 degrees.

Don't know who all is a USMC vet on here other than USMCVet, but Happy Birthday Marines! And to all my other fellow vets on here, thank you for your service.

Going out of dinner again tonight to celebrate another birthday. This is so strange for us...3 meals out in one week. I am not sure where we are going tonight yet and it is killing me. I hate not being able to plan. ggrrrr

I hope everyone has a happy, safe and productive weekend. Don't forget to thank a vet or better yet if you are so inclined, attend a Veterans Day even in your area!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Lisa32989: exactly I could not have put my thoughts together so elequently, but ditto.

This is the first diet I have ever committed to, because I knew what to do...I just chose not to do it!!

The program has given me the boundaries to work with and this forum has given me the support, ideas, kicks in the axx, and abounding compassion to actually make it work.

So, yea! to Diane for stepping back and deciding what you need to do for your life to work the way you want it to and remember you are worth it...aren't we all

BTW I am going to play in the snow with the kids...and my snowpants fit for the first time in 4 years

Last edited by Im escaping; 11-10-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Can anyone tell me how to embed pictures? I put them on flickr and tried to embed the urls but it just comes up with red x's in the boxes. Is there a thread on how to include pictures? I've searched and can't find anything, and I've tried several things but nothing worked so far. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #30  

Ready for the party. Got my veggies all cut up for the veggie tray. Taking my southwest cheese curls and my selzer water.

I can do this (again)!
It's only food and beverages. I don't need them.
I had enough already
Closed Thread