Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #76  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Awesome! I went to NSU for college. I know they had homecoming this weekend. I love Natchitoches.
Hi cajunlady! I teach at NSU. I've been there for 6 years and I love Natchitoches too!

Have a great day, all of you LA and MS Ipeeps!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi cajunlady! I teach at NSU. I've been there for 6 years and I love Natchitoches too!

Have a great day, all of you LA and MS Ipeeps!
What do you teach? My son just took his comps for graduate school last week. Working on his thesis now.....
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4513455]Congrats!!on that weighin......YOU got LUCKY to still lose after eating the cake.....DON"T make it a habit

Oh! Definitely not! It's been easier. My family baked cookies last night and although they smelled amazing, I didn't want any. I just had some herbal tea and watched Friday the 13th Part 2!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Been sticking to the diet and on Day 9!
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #79  

Hey, friends. Quick question: Can I substitute a IP packet (non restricted) for my 8 oz of meat? I'm going to a Halloween party tonight and don't feel like cooking - but they are serving red beans and rice - all no-no's - so I thought I'd just cut up a cucumber and bring a RTU to drink. Thoughts????
Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #80  

CONGRATS, Wuv! I just saw on the daily thread where you hit the 200 lb pound weight loss - WAY TO GEAUX!!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible accomplishment - I am in awe. You should definitely splurge on something pretty for your new body!!!
Love the witch costume in your video!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #81  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
What do you teach? My son just took his comps for graduate school last week. Working on his thesis now.....
I teach music education, which includes all those who want to be or are music teachers. It's great fun! (except correcting papers, which I need to do tonight...) what is your son studying?

sstw1 That's a hard one. It might be a good idea to have some hard boiled eggs OR cold turkey meat in your fridge for times like this. Have fun at the Halloween party anyway!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Default I cheated!

Well, I feel bad. Tomorrow is my 20th wedding anniversary, and my husband and I are out of town for the night. We went to dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse, and the menu got the best of me. I finally decided to cheat for tonight, knowing I would be kicked out of ketosis and take a few days to get back into it. The first thing I ate was lobster bisque, and after a few bites I decided it wasn't worth cheating over, and I had a filet and lobster with sweet potato soufflé coming behind that. After the soup was gone, I felt bloated. I couldn't finish my steak or lobster, but that soufflé was to die for. The rest of it I could've gone without. Anyway, I'm committed to IP, and wanted to let everyone know that usually the menu reads better than it taste! I'm hoping to lose at least 12 lbs by 11/30, which is my birthday. I thought I'd be ready to stray for the day and eat a bit of birthday cake then jump right back on, but the guilt I'm feeling now may not let me!
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #83  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
what is your son studying?

sstw1 That's a hard one. It might be a good idea to have some hard boiled eggs OR cold turkey meat in your fridge for times like this. Have fun at the Halloween party anyway!
He's graduating in sports administration. Still waiting to hear the results of his comps....nervous nelly! How many eggs can be substituted for the protein allowance? BTW: I ended up putting some left over roast in my mini processor and mixed in some WF BBQ sauce and took it with me along with my cucumbers! It was really tasty! Of course, everyone looked at me like I was nuts when I pulled it out while they were all eating Red Beans & Rice, coleslaw, and cheese biscuits...along with wine and petit fors.........not to mention all the chocolate candy...but I held strong. (Not too easy when your cousin is trying to entice you to "just one glass" and "just one petit for isn't going to kill ya!!!!) I am a major candy lover, but resisted, and was so proud of myself....mini victory! Now, if I can just get through tailgating this weekend for the LSU-Bama game......
Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #84  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

BR peeps, I went to the farmers market @ Pennington this morning. They had spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers. I'm having the best fresh salad for lunch!!!! I also picked up some okra. If you haven't been, you should go next Thursday! They don't have as much selection as the Saturday market, but they have 10-15 vendors.

SST--great job handling food at the party! Geaux Tigers!!!
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #85  

GEAUX TIGERS! BEAT Bama!!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

WUV, can you post your Thanksgiving recipes? I saw a mention of rice dressing on another thread, and I'm liking the rhubarb pie idea. Thanks!

I'm having so much fun and success with LizRR's purée recipes. If anyone has not tried them, you MUST!
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #87  

Where is everyone finding rhubarb? I cannot find it in Baton Rouge!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Default NOLA & Oysters

Hi Everyone,

I am not from New Orleans, but travel there often. It's my favorite food in the country, so it will be like staring straight at my dragon. Does anyone have any suggestions of good restaurants where I can still stay within IP protocol? Also, are raw oysters OK on the diet? My coach said she never had that question before.

Great inspirations here!
DakotaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #89  

others may be able to recommend restaurants better than me but raw oysters are fine! its the sauce that you use that may be a problem. New Orleans burgers and seafood in uptown on st. charles has some wonderful, IP friendly, meals. Also Superior Seafood is awesome and will cook anything you would like the way you like it
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
others may be able to recommend restaurants better than me but raw oysters are fine! its the sauce that you use that may be a problem. New Orleans burgers and seafood in uptown on st. charles has some wonderful, IP friendly, meals. Also Superior Seafood is awesome and will cook anything you would like the way you like it
Thanks maezy! That is GREAT news. I can give up the Beignets if I canhave the Oysters!
DakotaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote