Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #16  

Oh and Gordito, the only carbs I am having is what is in the 3 NR packets and the one R packet.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Omelet for breakfast tomorrow then! Let's see if that will help. Also going to have faith that this will work. I am having hubby hide the scale so I don't look at it and become obsessed with it. My nutritionist says all 8oz at one time. Yes, she says 8oz not 5. I cannot barely stand 8oz of any protein, its just too much. 6 is do able so I will adjust and have 2 at lunch. I bet that will fill me up better. Better adjust my attitude! THX SO MUCH for all of the SUPPORT!!! I was ready to chuck the plan this morning and go eat cereal for breakfast
That's interesting that she says not to split it up. Wonder what the reasoning is behind that. I don't remember seeing anything in the IP information about having all the protein at once or splitting it up.

I would think that if splitting your protein during the day will keep you on plan, then it's better than just giving up. I hope I'm not giving you bad advice. I've been having the egg whites in the morning and have been losing between 2-4 lbs a week consistently. I'm on week 14 now.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #18  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's interesting that she says not to split it up. Wonder what the reasoning is behind that. I don't remember seeing anything in the IP information about having all the protein at once or splitting it up.
Ignorance is the only reason I can think of.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #19  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Here is another vote for just hiding the scales.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Omelet for breakfast tomorrow then! Let's see if that will help. Also going to have faith that this will work. I am having hubby hide the scale so I don't look at it and become obsessed with it. My nutritionist says all 8oz at one time. Yes, she says 8oz not 5. I cannot barely stand 8oz of any protein, its just too much. 6 is do able so I will adjust and have 2 at lunch. I bet that will fill me up better. Better adjust my attitude! THX SO MUCH for all of the SUPPORT!!! I was ready to chuck the plan this morning and go eat cereal for breakfast
There's no nutritional benefit to having the protein all at once versus splitting through the day. As long as your daily intake is on target, HOW you get it in is really up to what works for your schedule in Phase 1 . You DO want to make sure you are paying attention to your body when it comes to food - no mindless snacking, eat when you are hungry, remember that thirst sometimes masks as hunger. I'd be curious what your nutritionist's reasoning is, but you really do have a bit of freedom with WHEN you have your meat and veggies - you have to make the diet work for you!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Yup, drinking all of my water plus extra. I love water and it really was the only thing I drank before starting the program. No more monthly cycle, had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, and 1 extra, crystal light. Its a long day when you wake up at 5:15am and cannot eat after 8pm. If I eat dinner at 7pm then I'm not hungry at 8 plus I'm out of choices besides lettuce. Used to love salads but now I can barely stomach getting so much lettuce in one day.

Maybe next week will be better. I sure hope so! I'm so tired of being hungry all day long every day. I thought this feeling was supposed to go away after ketosis. Guess not for me. Thanks for the support!
I eat after 8pm, sometimes I eat dinner after 8 and don't have my snack til like 1030-11pm. It is RECOMMENDED that you have your 8oz together but not mandatory, you can split it up. The program of course was written for it to be eaten at one sitting but you have to make it to your lifestyle and do what works for you.

As you can see, you coming to post on here, you have LOTS of support along with ideas to help you get through this. We are all on the same journey at different paces. We have all been in your shoes with disappointment BUT we all stuck it out, believed in ourselves and in the program. If you aren't losing weight then you are doing something wrong, just give your body time to get adjusted to what you are doing and the weight WILL melt off....PROMISE you THAT!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #22  

Quote:
Oh and Gordito, the only carbs I am having is what is in the 3 NR packets and the one R packet.
you are also getting carbs from the veggies and the meat you are eating...just an FYI
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #23  

Quote:
You can have 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites as a protein (according to latest phase 1 sheet).

You can try splitting that protein up between breakfast and lunch, since that seems like the times you are hungriest. Try 2 whole eggs in a morning omelet and then half a protein portion with lunch. You can save the 2 egg whites to eat as a snack when needed (2 hard boiled eggs minus the yolks).

Also, wait until you start to feel hungry before having your IP packets/bars.
Is there a PDF somewhere with the latest IP sheet? My sheet says 2 egg yolks and 4 egg whites.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #24  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
Is there a PDF somewhere with the latest IP sheet? My sheet says 2 egg yolks and 4 egg whites.
I attached it but it is also in the stickies I believe. I think WUV posted it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ideal protein Phase_1.pdf (53.3 KB, 21 views)
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #25  

Quote:
I attached it but it is also in the stickies I believe. I think WUV posted it.
Just found it. Thank you.

I am getting stuck on protocol. My coach is saying that only iceberg lettuce is free. I've been counting 1-2 cups of Romaine as my veggies all week.

I see other threads that people are saying that cucumbers are free. Well, I've been counting those as my veggies as well.

And she is going off of the older phase sheet, so I am limited to 2 egg yolks and 4 egg whites.

I'm getting a bit freaked out that I am doing this all wrong.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #26  

Is she a new coach? its ANY LETTUCE that is unlimited, as far as cukes go, I still count mine toward my veggies. It has worked for me this long so I am not changing it. Some clinics say they are free others don't
Quote:

I am getting stuck on protocol. My coach is saying that only iceberg lettuce is free. I've been counting 1-2 cups of Romaine as my veggies all week.

I see other threads that people are saying that cucumbers are free. Well, I've been counting those as my veggies as well.

And she is going off of the older phase sheet, so I am limited to 2 egg yolks and 4 egg whites.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Just follow the latest protocol sheet. It has been all carefully planned out for you.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I'm wondering why you are still having 4 packages after the first week on program (unless of course you are starting at quite a heavyweight).
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #29  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Me too - I only lost 1.5 in my first week - tomorrow is my second weigh in so we will see how that goes.

I felt like such a failure. :-( The only 2 things I could think of were not enough water - which I've really increased this week; and while I didn't cheat in the first week I really struggled with both the IP and real food - I threw out a lot of meals because I just could not handle the taste and I think I may have thrown off my body chemistry - if that even makes sense.

I was SOOOOO HUNGRY every minute and I think if anything I underate because of everything I threw away.

I've done MUCH better this week with all the food and actually enjoyed the meals. I am chalking the first week up to experimenting with the program and needing that week to get things sorted out.

I also know with only having 12 pounds to lose and having been on WW for a few months that my body was already used to a low cal diet and this wasn't as much of a shock as it may be for some people.

So perhaps you are experiencing some of these things too. Hang in there and here is hoping we both have better Week 2 weigh ins!!

Last edited by slow2lose; 10-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #30  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

don't lose heart! I only lost .6 at my first weigh in, and I was REALLY discouraged! I've been doing fine since! I would separate your protein without any guilt! Also, the clinic I was going to (just went to alternatives) let us have all the lettuce we want plus cucumbers and celery... Maybe you can look at other people's menus and get some ideas. How are you preparing your shakes in the morning? I blend mine with about a cup of ice and it makes more... Don't give up..it will work. Be patient. Also, give yourself a goal..something like "I will stay on IP for ---- weeks. I gave myself 6 weeks or something like that! Then you will see the needle move and get more motivated!!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote