Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Long time no chat - hope everyone's well!

Molly, so sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it feels better soon!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
Today I'm rock'n my new size 14 jeans! I get to see my family this weekend for the first time since I started Ip. Can't wait to see their faces!
Congrats, warmheart! Isn't it an awesome feeling? Keep up the great work.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Good afternoon everyone. Today is my first day. So far so good! Of course I have a question....about the salt. Probably silly, but do you guys just measure out a half tsp to make sure you get it all throughout the day or what? I am just blindly shaking my shaker and wondering...LOL
Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I pray that this is the last time I will say that I am back. I started IP last June and lost about 30 pounds in 2 or 3 months. Since then, I slowly gained it all back plus another 15 lbs. So now I have to lose 40-45 lbs about. I didn't phase off correctly or do any sort of maintenance. I have been trying to do alternatives off and on but with no consistency. Today, I am back. I was miserable all summer. I don't want to feel that way again.

I am doing alternatives again, but I need to have some sort of accountability. I am still trying to figure that one out.

But here is the question of the day for me:

What are the best type of miracle noodles? Are those really ok in phase 1?

I don't think my body really does like carbs/gluten. Even though I love it. Has anyone been able to maintain their weight using a paleo type of diet?

Thanks for the recipe threads, I don't think I will be as bored as last time. All I ate was cucumbers and hamburgers from the grill.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Great losses!!!

As for different manufacturers/different cuts of women's clothing ... don't you just hate it? I don't see why a 16 isn't a 16 isn't a 16???? That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Salt ... I salt my veggies and my whole protein, and seem to be doing okay getting it all in. It feels weird to me to be using that much salt since pre-IP, I didn't salt hardly ANYthing.

Just turned down Chinese buffet for lunch at my favorite place. But since the t-shirt I wore to work today is noticeably baggier (to me anyway), it didn't seem as difficult to say no!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #36  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

ok I just joined the gym. How many days are we allowed to work out? I used to work out every day before IP alternating my cardio days with my strength training days. I know I need an extra packet within 20 minutes after but are we restricted to how many days?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Default Ladies only!!

I forgot I wanted to ask about this. The birth control my doctor has me on makes me not have TOM (darn the luck). But does your body still go through the water retention and all that jazz, even if it's not, you know? I was just curious as I'm headed into the placebo week for the first time since I started IP.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Me too on the salt! I hardly ever used salt so I am afraid I won't get it all in. I had some people here in the office from out of town and sent them away to lunch with my co worker. I ate the chicken soup today and it was really pretty good to me.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #39  

Hello everyone! I am asking for some help or maybe for someone to listen. This last week was very hard but I am NOT making any type of excuse. I am struggling with deciding where I want to be goal-wise. I am in a comfortable size 10 but still in the overweight category. I am happy with where I am but I guess I still need to lose. This week classes were rough, work was rough and my little boy was sick and ended up having surgery yesterday in Colorado to remove tonsils and adenoids. He was in recovery much longer than what was expected and I was so exhausted and by myself (hubby home with other kids) and I ended up falling off the wagon and letting the surgery center staff feed me. I am worried that I have lost my focus. I have been 100% since April and I am so proud of what I have accomplished. I do not understand where my focus as gone. I don't measure anymore and have goofed 2 times now and had 2 restricteds in a day. I am not making serious mistakes like drinking or eating the way I used to. Is it normal to lose focus after 5 months? How can I be so good then lose it? I really want to keep on Phase 1 until November then phase off for the holidays and my birthday but really don't want to gain. I also feel like it is maybe time to start losing with exercise too and toning up. I am confused an unfocused. Anyone have some advise?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #40  

Hello all,

I just joined 3fatchicks today. I am on day 5 of the IP diet. I am excited to hear great things from you all....and maybe share some encouragement with you all, as well.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #41  

Default Great day today

I started my journey on the 25 my birthday. This is my gift to me. I started at 229 I am down 5 lbs. I have a no exercise job so need and am getting our and walking a little each night. Baby steps first. Have a great day all.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Long time no chat - hope everyone's well!

Molly, so sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it feels better soon!
Hi divajen, I am so impressed with your success. Can you give me some pointers. Dr has me trying the South Beach Diet. I just started the 25 and need some good pointers. Thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #43  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hello everyone! I am asking for some help or maybe for someone to listen. This last week was very hard but I am NOT making any type of excuse. I am struggling with deciding where I want to be goal-wise. I am in a comfortable size 10 but still in the overweight category. I am happy with where I am but I guess I still need to lose. This week classes were rough, work was rough and my little boy was sick and ended up having surgery yesterday in Colorado to remove tonsils and adenoids. He was in recovery much longer than what was expected and I was so exhausted and by myself (hubby home with other kids) and I ended up falling off the wagon and letting the surgery center staff feed me. I am worried that I have lost my focus. I have been 100% since April and I am so proud of what I have accomplished. I do not understand where my focus as gone. I don't measure anymore and have goofed 2 times now and had 2 restricteds in a day. I am not making serious mistakes like drinking or eating the way I used to. Is it normal to lose focus after 5 months? How can I be so good then lose it? I really want to keep on Phase 1 until November then phase off for the holidays and my birthday but really don't want to gain. I also feel like it is maybe time to start losing with exercise too and toning up. I am confused an unfocused. Anyone have some advise?
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. But you've come a really long way in 5 months!
I'm also planning to phase off beginning in another 2 or 3 week...even though I'm not at goal. Like you, I'm feeling pretty good where I am now (comfortable size 10). And I know I won't have the focus to stay on plan thru the holdiays. I think the real struggle will be keeping the weight off. So phasing off will give me a chance to test drive maintaince and then hop back on plan after the first of the year.
Whatever you decide, I think it's real important to phase off correctly. Otherwise, it's too easy for the pounds to pile back on.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #44  
Started IP 9/25

S/C/G: 190/173.2/145

Hello everyone! I'm new here, just started on Tuesday. This place is awesome! I've been on web forums before but never for weight loss. What an amazing source of inspiration!

Anyone know if I can either cut the potassium/calcium pill in half or find a smaller substitute? It gets stuck in my throat and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up for about 30 minutes after.

Any tips to judging 2 cups of veggies?

I am really finding that I have to force myself to eat a full 2 cups of veggies with my lunch and dinner meals, that is A LOT of food! Loving that this diet doesn't make me feel hungry!

45lbs until I can have a glass of wine.

Jodi

Last edited by OneofThreeGirls; 09-28-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added name. :)
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #45  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I cut the potassium pill in quaters.
Closed Thread