Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default new with a few questions.

So I am on day 5 of my first week ok Ideal Protein and I am struggling with getting my oil in each day. How do you get yours in each day?

Do you always have a salad or at least lettuce with each meal or is it ok to just have your 2 cups of veggies?

Also, did anyone lose any of their hair while on the diet?

Thanks so much!
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #2  

I add oil to my soup (and also braised pureed veggies)
If I haven't had enough oil, I add it to my dinner veggies too.

I haven't any more hair loss than usual. Some people do. It is REALLY important to get all your oil & take the omega 3s as well.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #3  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! Get the oil in any way you can - I usually get in my oil & vinegar dressing... Add it to a shake if that works better.

You do not have to eat salads - it's more for filler, I think. If I eat salad, it's a spinach salad, which counts as a veggie - never been a big fan of salad.

7 weeks and no hair loss yet!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 09-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a big fan of salad to get in my oil - at least one meal I have a salad, and I almost always dress it with oil, lemon juice and salt. If I'm having two salads I'll do one with WF dressing and one with the oil and lemon.

RE: Hair loss - It can happen with rapid weight loss. Best advice - take your Omega 3, and Biotin. I noticed a little thinning at my hairline, I've always taken fish oil supplements but adding the biotin seemed to help.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

Sometimes to get my oil in, I add it to my veggies while I am cooking them. It makes them super tasty!

As for hair loss, I haven't noticed any.

Good luck!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

Oil on Zucinni grilled on BBQ is awesome !!
paulfromport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #7  
IP rebooting

Thank you all !
I think I will add the biotin in and hopefully that will help a little.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Thank you all !
I think I will add the biotin in and hopefully that will help a little.
I have always be afraid of missing the oil so every morning I take 1 tsp plain just as if I was taking medicine . I know it sounds gross but is easy for me to make sure I get it in.
Also, I have had noticable hair loss for about 4-5 months now even with the biotin daily. I also bought some biotin shampoo and that seems to help . I just deal with the loss and look forward to maintenance in hopes that it will grow back
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
I have always be afraid of missing the oil so every morning I take 1 tsp plain just as if I was taking medicine . I know it sounds gross but is easy for me to make sure I get it in.
Also, I have had noticable hair loss for about 4-5 months now even with the biotin daily. I also bought some biotin shampoo and that seems to help . I just deal with the loss and look forward to maintenance in hopes that it will grow back
Congrats 125 lost that is AWESOME!!!!!!!
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #10  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
RE: Hair loss - It can happen with rapid weight loss. Best advice - take your Omega 3, and Biotin. I noticed a little thinning at my hairline, I've always taken fish oil supplements but adding the biotin seemed to help.
Wow... I have been worried about my receding hairline lately wondering what was going on and I never even clued in to all the posts about hair loss! (IP43 runs to fridge quickly to grab her OMEGA 3) At least now I can consider that it's diet related, and I know it will come back (thicker and better than ever??)
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #11  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
So I am on day 5 of my first week ok Ideal Protein and I am struggling with getting my oil in each day. How do you get yours in each day?

Do you always have a salad or at least lettuce with each meal or is it ok to just have your 2 cups of veggies?

Thanks so much!
You can add your oil in as salad dressings (oil + apple cider vinegar), add it in with your veggies (if you roast/bake/fry - just drizzle over after cooking, if you puree - pour it in the blender), mix it with WF dressings before you marinade your meats. Honestly, I didn't count the oil I would spray over veggies when I prepped them before baking/roasting though - the spray amount was so small and hard to measure and the cooking process can break it down, you need that oil for helping your body with fat soluble vitamins, etc. I errored on the side of more oil than less.

I did salads for a while - but honestly - I am just NOT a salad person (or a raw veggie person for that matter). I did blend in 1 cup lettuce with 1 cup spinach in my breakfast smoothie each morning for a little extra bulk - lettuce is not mandatory though - but it can help if you have constipation or hunger. Just personally with my appetite/schedule I had more trouble getting in 2 cups veggies at lunch, but spreading it out over 1c@breakfast & 1c@lunch helped me - and I needed the extra filler 1c lettuce@breakfast to get me through the morning (plus it just made my smoothie 'richer').

And I did start losing hair ~month 3 to ~month 5, but not nearly as much as my post-partum hair loss. The hair grows back, the pounds are gone FOREVER!

Last edited by LizRR; 09-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

I have been having a luttuce / spinach salad for lunch each day with the 2cups of veggies. The variety at lunch is the IP packet. I have started to add the oil to the salad with alittle vinegar for dressing. Otherwise I don't get the oil in. I don't like it on cookied veggies or meats as much but this seems to work. At least until I get tired of salads.
ddpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #13  
IP rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
And I did start losing hair ~month 3 to ~month 5, but not nearly as much as my post-partum hair loss. The hair grows back, the pounds are gone FOREVER!
I can handle that. Nothing can be worse than post-partum hair loss- felt like I was going bald.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Thanks so much!
Try a spinach shake if you have trouble with lettuce and veggies. You just put in a cup of each lettuce and spinach into a blender, and add a drink or pudding packet with water. You could also add oil to it.
Add some stevia if you like it a little sweeter.
Good way to get in extra bulk through lettuce.

BTW, I have not had any hair loss.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I like mixing a bit of olive oil with some Mrs. Dash, salt, pepper, and garlic. Then I dip some chicken in it...mmm.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote