Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #46  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all!

Last day of week 5 here, and my weigh-in is this afternoon. Got my new, smaller belt one notch tighter, so I will be happy even if I lost just inches, but no pounds. I think I will break out the new dress I bought a few weeks ago, but wasn't quite ready to wear. Polka dots have a way of making me feel happy!!

I had a friend at work who was on IP - lost quite a bit of weight - other people told me they were afraid to ask him about it in case he had cancer or some other kind of illness... (Good thing I wasn't shy - or I wouldn't be here!) If you are noticing and feeling good about it, that's what really matters!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #47  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good thing about having an OFF week, is that it's over in a week...
bring on the NEW WEEK!!

posted a 1.7 gain this past week...real bummer...

stayed OP for the most part, a few extra packets and a few more "extras" than usual, but otherwise my week was not much different than the past 15 weeks, so not exactly sure why the gain. i didn't over exert, i think i got in most of my water

Phmmmmmp.....so bring on the new week....its a NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK, A NEW ME!!

thanks sewingmama...i think it was you who said once, zero loss this week so bring on next week!! thanks for helping me have that mentality!!

I understand completely.... I posted a 0 loss for the first time... sad panda. But it's ok.... look at the quote I posted earlier. It defiantly applies to both of us. You can do it... get through today 100% then we will tackle tomorrow when that day comes. You are an awesome person my dear and someone who I would love to cook with someday. I could show you a few things and you could show me a few things. Have a wonderful day.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #48  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
After a very long weekend where I struggled with life and food. It is back to basics for me. I am going to do a boot camp this week and go back to the first week I had OP. That is my goal for today. Basics, simple... measuring and reading the sheet. Planning meals and not risking a lick or a bite. Whew..... this will be a great week.
The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
of you.
The past is gone; the future is distant.
Today you CAN succeed.
Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours.
Quote:
I understand completely.... I posted a 0 loss for the first time... sad panda. But it's ok.... look at the quote I posted earlier. It defiantly applies to both of us. You can do it... get through today 100% then we will tackle tomorrow when that day comes. You are an awesome person my dear and someone who I would love to cook with someday. I could show you a few things and you could show me a few things. Have a wonderful day.

BACK TO THE BASICS BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!! YES!!!! YES INDEED!!!!!!!!

thanks tiger
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I had a GOOSE EGG for two weeks and the whoosh, I had a great loss!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #50  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps! My dad decided to come up for the week, so happy! Looking forward to cooking healthy meals for him & the family this week - I love my mom, but she is really not in the right mindset. When they were both here it was "Where are we going out tonight?" EVERY night - I actually stayed home with the baby 2-3x because it was just TOO much! My dad is much more open-minded and relaxed about food. I think it explains how even after gastric bypass my mom is closing in on her 'before' weight 2 years later - she never really got past her food issues. And the rest of my family is obese - she's a BIG food pusher, I think she does it to feel better about her own food choices. That's one thing that I think IP has over the surgical competition - you really have to change your habits and during the time you are in Phase 1 really work on and examine your menus and recipes and attitudes.

I'm roasting a whole chicken today, along with turnips & celery and a side of braised mushroom & celery 'gravy'. And since my dad is here he can babysit the oven AND the baby while I go off to the gym & shower afterwards while everything is cooking! I made a double batch of my Phase 3 breakfast for me & dad this morning and he was AMAZED that this was a required part of my "diet".

And for the folks losing their resolve - remember, don't stop because you are 'tired' or feel like you are at a place that is 'good enough' - go until you are COMPLETELY, 100%, THROUGH THE ROOF ECSTATIC with where you are at! IP is very, very unique - you can reach your REAL goal (not your half goal and not your almost goal), and if you stick 100% through the end you can do it QUICKLY. And phasing off is really great, at least I can say that in Phase 3 so far - Phase 1 isn't forever, but it's a lot quicker if you stick to it and it's a lot easier if you learn to experiment and try foods outside your comfort zone.

Quote:
After a very long weekend where I struggled with life and food. It is back to basics for me. I am going to do a boot camp this week and go back to the first week I had OP. That is my goal for today. Basics, simple... measuring and reading the sheet. Planning meals and not risking a lick or a bite. Whew..... this will be a great week.
Good for you for getting back on track! We all have had those times, there was also a point for me where I got very "loose" on my weights & measures and really had to gather my strength & resolve. And we all have those few days at least 1x/month where the hormones come a callin' and really test us. The more you flex that willpower muscle, the stronger it becomes, and the stronger YOU become!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
good morning hubby is doing good on diet lost 8 pounds his first week .12 more pounds for me to lose untilI reach goal..I can do it..I can do it..I can do it.. reach goal
You are SO CLOSE!!! Way to go!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good thing about having an OFF week, is that it's over in a week...
bring on the NEW WEEK!!

posted a 1.7 gain this past week...real bummer...

stayed OP for the most part, a few extra packets and a few more "extras" than usual, but otherwise my week was not much different than the past 15 weeks, so not exactly sure why the gain. i didn't over exert, i think i got in most of my water

Phmmmmmp.....so bring on the new week....its a NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK, A NEW ME!!

thanks sewingmama...i think it was you who said once, zero loss this week so bring on next week!! thanks for helping me have that mentality!!
You have the best attitude and are a great support! Bring on the new week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps! My dad decided to come up for the week, so happy! Looking forward to cooking healthy meals for him & the family this week - I love my mom, but she is really not in the right mindset. When they were both here it was "Where are we going out tonight?" EVERY night - I actually stayed home with the baby 2-3x because it was just TOO much! My dad is much more open-minded and relaxed about food. I think it explains how even after gastric bypass my mom is closing in on her 'before' weight 2 years later - she never really got past her food issues. And the rest of my family is obese - she's a BIG food pusher, I think she does it to feel better about her own food choices. That's one thing that I think IP has over the surgical competition - you really have to change your habits and during the time you are in Phase 1 really work on and examine your menus and recipes and attitudes.

I'm roasting a whole chicken today, along with turnips & celery and a side of braised mushroom & celery 'gravy'. And since my dad is here he can babysit the oven AND the baby while I go off to the gym & shower afterwards while everything is cooking! I made a double batch of my Phase 3 breakfast for me & dad this morning and he was AMAZED that this was a required part of my "diet".

And for the folks losing their resolve - remember, don't stop because you are 'tired' or feel like you are at a place that is 'good enough' - go until you are COMPLETELY, 100%, THROUGH THE ROOF ECSTATIC with where you are at! IP is very, very unique - you can reach your REAL goal (not your half goal and not your almost goal), and if you stick 100% through the end you can do it QUICKLY. And phasing off is really great, at least I can say that in Phase 3 so far - Phase 1 isn't forever, but it's a lot quicker if you stick to it and it's a lot easier if you learn to experiment and try foods outside your comfort zone.

Good for you for getting back on track! We all have had those times, there was also a point for me where I got very "loose" on my weights & measures and really had to gather my strength & resolve. And we all have those few days at least 1x/month where the hormones come a callin' and really test us. The more you flex that willpower muscle, the stronger it becomes, and the stronger YOU become!
I love all of your advice. I have a friend who wants to do gastric because she thinks it will be so easy. You are so right when you said you have to be in the right mindset and change your bad habits. You have to deal with the issues that caused obesity. There is no easy way out. Thanks again for all of you motivation and ideas.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Just completed one full month!!!! My stats are 25lbs and 10in. So happy. I can't wait to get the next 25 off. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
-April
Congrats!!! Yay! I love to see the positive results posted.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #53  

It's a gorgeous day here in South Louisiana. I've been sitting outside sipping coffee/working/playing on 3FC for a couple of hours. Congrats to all of you reporting losses, to everyone re-committing and to everyone who is OP today. I can't say this enough... those of you who post encourage me every single day to stay OP. In reponse to the comment that people aren't noticing weight loss.. I agree, I think people just aren't comfortable commenting on anyone's weight one way or the other. But, yesterday, I had a sweet older lady in church hug me and whisper to me, "You seem like you've lost quite a bit of weight, I just want to be sure you're ok". I said oh yeah! It's been completely intentional. Whether they say it or not, people are noticing all of our losses! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Happy Monday! I haven't been on the site in a week or so and I have missed reading everyone's updates so much! I am feeling remotivated already heading into month 2.

I am hoping you all would share your best advice for dealing with the Big C! I have been having this issue since I started and I can't stand it anymore! Thanks!
I use the Smooth Move tea, and it works best for me. 1 cup in the morning or at night and it does the job daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I roasted a whole chicken the other night with two bricks (wrapped in foil) laying on top of the chicken as it was roasting. I found the recipe on a paleo blog, and it was so yummy. You split the chicken and by placing the bricks on top it weighs down the chicken and makes it very juicy. So good! Tonight it's steak and roasting some zucchini and yellow squash.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #55  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a great OP day.

I was away for a long weekend visiting relatives, and was proud to stay 100% throughout. It was a busy weekend, with lots of activities, and we ate out for about half of our meals. I took some RTDs and extra veggies with me, and always asked in advance what the eating options would be at our destination. I planned everything pretty carefully. Some of my relatives were laughing a bit at me for carting around my WF salad dressing (and a small pair of scissors to open it but everyone also complimented me on my motivation to see this through. I faced down BBQs, yummy looking desserts, a locally made variety of ice cream that used to be my absolute favorite (in fact it was one of my favorite 'go to' foods when frustrated/sad/bored/happy/depressed)... wine, and cheese curd... and I stayed firm. I think the ice cream and wine were the hardest to 'show the hand' to.

Out of curiosity this morning, I stepped on the scale... and it looks like I may be able to record a -2 lbs when I do my official WI this Wednesday! Fingers crossed that the scale cooperates and still shows that loss on WI day. And I'll be able to add another little 'Happy Clapper' figure as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #56  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I found a treasure! "The Simply Bar" 150 cal. 3.5gfat, 10 g carb - 4 g fibre (=6grams carbs? Is that right?0 3g sugar

Do you think this would be a "non-restricted" item with those numbers -- works out the same as a shake on the list I have. I may be doin' a "lemon coconut" happy dance!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #57  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in...
Day 4 on the plan for me. I know I'm losing! Just hope it's not ALL water. My offical "weigh in" is on Friday. So far I'm all on plan except for some pesky carrot shavings in my pre-cut/pre-washed coleslaw mix.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a great OP day.

I was away for a long weekend visiting relatives, and was proud to stay 100% throughout. It was a busy weekend, with lots of activities, and we ate out for about half of our meals. I took some RTDs and extra veggies with me, and always asked in advance what the eating options would be at our destination. I planned everything pretty carefully. Some of my relatives were laughing a bit at me for carting around my WF salad dressing (and a small pair of scissors to open it but everyone also complimented me on my motivation to see this through. I faced down BBQs, yummy looking desserts, a locally made variety of ice cream that used to be my absolute favorite (in fact it was one of my favorite 'go to' foods when frustrated/sad/bored/happy/depressed)... wine, and cheese curd... and I stayed firm. I think the ice cream and wine were the hardest to 'show the hand' to.

Out of curiosity this morning, I stepped on the scale... and it looks like I may be able to record a -2 lbs when I do my official WI this Wednesday! Fingers crossed that the scale cooperates and still shows that loss on WI day. And I'll be able to add another little 'Happy Clapper' figure as well.
Wine was the hardest for me to resist on my vacation this week too! I enjoyed my MIO in a wine glass and my strawberry wafers. Nice job!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

Agree with Wuv and who are we doing it for...Just saw this, and really fits what we need to do everyday, just for some of us not so easy. I did lose 4 lbs in first week, so happy about that.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #60  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Burnt my first batch of zuchinni chips yesterday so bought some more today and will try again. The kale in the store was all leaf and really tiny stalks-- not sure how people make kale chips but maybe it was young kale or something.... Bought turnip too (a first, believe me) for the turnip fries

I used to tease my healthy friends for eating all their "bulgher balls" etc. ... Oh if they could see me now! These are big "firsts" for me IP friends -- I'm not a weird veggie kinda gal (givin' myself a clap since there is no "pat on the shoulder or "Yay me" icon -- hee hee)
Closed Thread