Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Yesterday I started adding vanilla drink to my tea instead of milk. Hope to see results on Saturday's WI. Want to break the 210 mark. I have 3-5 teas a day so i expect it to.

I also had a great time at the in-laws saturday night. They were going to do take out from the italian restaurant we also go to and they really don't have anything I could eat. So my father in law suggested we try a new italian restaurant that he got a menu from and they had 2 items that I could have. It was hard seeing everyone having pasta and pizza but I stuck through it and had my salmon with steamed veggies. But then I had to handle the cake cutting and it was so damn hard not to lick my fingers after. BUT I SURVIVED! So proud of my 11 yr old son as he did not want to take any cake home because it would not be fair to me. So damn cute...but i told him to take it because it is reality and if I can't do it now with that stuff in the house I will not survive when I am on maintenance.

I was also told by my coach that she wants me to be the poster child for them. I was one of their first to sign up in May and they now have over 20 people who joined. I really like my coach but she just can't understand everything i am going through. She only had to lose 27 lbs and she did it in just over 2 months. I think it is hard for someone who has not had the life-long battle with being overweight to understand why we think and feel the way we do.

I told her I would think about the offer. I just don't see myself thinner yet but hope to when I get to my first goal of 180.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy day all. Its a dreary Monday here in Northern VA. Its my birthday and my work day is stacked to the ceiling with paperwork. At least it will go by quick!
My boss brought in donuts...my weakness. sigh. I had the top half of one. I normally can resist. Well- its going to be gum chewing all day to continue to resist. I should not have given in. Sorry all.
But I will brush off and more along...and stay IP for lunch(which I brought with me) and dinner out. Chicken breast in a lettuce wrap and broccoli at Red Robin. Yum!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #18  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

I think people don't always want to say you look like you have lost weight for fear of embarrassing themselves or you. At least that is the way I feel. Kind of along the same lines of asking someone if when they are due when they aren't even pregnant. That happened to me last summer. I had lost about 30lbs and someone asked me when I was due. A real bummer.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Happy Birthday dizzyjean !
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Happy birthday, dizzyjean! Hope you have a fantastic day - enjoy that chicken wrap.

Margaret, sorry to hear you're just not feeling 100%. I hope you get some answers soon. I'm having issues in my joints in two places - my right shoulder and my left hand middle finger. Wonder if it's related to the weight loss? On my list of things to talk about next time I see my doctor. Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy your event!!!

As for people commenting, I think too often we/they're conditioned to not comment on weight, even if they notice it. Especially if they've never had a weight issue themselves. I find the most vocal folks about my progress are those who have also battled the chubby dragon.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Marvelous Monday morning

Now, if only there were a dancing symbol for sarcasm

As mentioned previously, people are sometimes fearful of commenting on weightloss, until they are really sure! I know, I also was asked if I was pregnant...after dropping a few pounds. I blame it on the baggy shirt!! But it has made me very aware of what i say to others, especially if I don't know them well.

Sooo, I just finished a licensing exam sat pm and am now set to pack our house, we move on Thurs. AND the movers called at 10 pm last night to change the move to wed!? Now, this is my fifteen minutes of sanity today, before I completely freak out, so thank you 3fc's, and aaahhhh!!

Have a great day everyone and stick to it, I personally look forward to the less backfat compliment. ( maybe the stomach fat will come after that!!)
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #22  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

After a very long weekend where I struggled with life and food. It is back to basics for me. I am going to do a boot camp this week and go back to the first week I had OP. That is my goal for today. Basics, simple... measuring and reading the sheet. Planning meals and not risking a lick or a bite. Whew..... this will be a great week.

Here's today's installment of

Brandy's Feel Good Quote of the day:

The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
of you.
The past is gone; the future is distant.
Today you CAN succeed.
Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #23  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday IPers! I'm on day 5 now and really feeling great on this program. I know I shouldn't, but I've been peeking at the scale every morning and just watching the numbers go down, down down - I love this, it's so motivating!!! Can't wait for weigh-in on Thursday to post an official loss.
Someone brought fresh bread to work today, and it's not really bothering me at all, and I've been preparing meals for my family with it bothering me that I can't have something. I can have it again one day, but not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Just completed one full month!!!! My stats are 25lbs and 10in. So happy. I can't wait to get the next 25 off. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
-April
Yeah!!! That's awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy day all. Its a dreary Monday here in Northern VA. Its my birthday and my work day is stacked to the ceiling with paperwork. At least it will go by quick!
My boss brought in donuts...my weakness. sigh. I had the top half of one. I normally can resist. Well- its going to be gum chewing all day to continue to resist. I should not have given in. Sorry all.
But I will brush off and more along...and stay IP for lunch(which I brought with me) and dinner out. Chicken breast in a lettuce wrap and broccoli at Red Robin. Yum!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day, and enjoy your Red Robin meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I have been such a slacker lately. I think part of it is that I think, "30 pounds is awesome, I don't need to lose the next 20 so fast"..... I'm really going to try harder starting today. I've been stuck right around 190.5-191.5 for a few weeks, so my goal this week is to get in the 180's.

This is really selfish, but I'm going to say it anyway. I'm bummed that more people don't notice my weight loss. I know I shouldn't be bummed about that because at least I know!!
You're at the point where so many of us lose our resolve. When the going gets tough, you HAVE to get tougher to reach your goal, don't settle!

Don't be bummed about people not noticing, they likely do, but may not feel comfortable saying anything, or intend to at some point? Maybe because your tall, it may not be as noticeable as someone who's short. Anyway, don't let what others think determine how you feel. You know you feel better, you are getting healthier, your clothes fit better, and you have more energy.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #24  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, I won't tell you to stay off the scale as long as you don't let it bother you IF or when it goes up. Its your choice, I just like the surprise I get every week when I weigh in. I am at my clinic everyday and still don't weigh every day...I wait til my WI day on Wednesday!

I see a lot of you saying people aren't noticing so I have this question for you....WHOM are you doing this for? Are you doing it for YOU or are you doing it for THEM? That is the question, Remember this is YOUR journey I know we all look for acceptance from everyone and we want that positive feedback but it should be how YOU feel about yourself that matters. I found this on FB from a clinic and thought it would be fitting to post for today.....

It's important to recognize how well you are doing...even if you are not at your ultimate destination. Give yourself credit for your accomplishments and for your determination. I found this "challenge" on a facebook page today and think it's a great one.

~By Taking it off 1lb and 1 step at a time.

I want to challenge all of us — myself included — to be kind to ourselves today.

I don’t mean to sound hokey, but really, how often do we give our bodies some love?
We might talk about our insides — like our big hearts, our compassion, our determination, our smarts, our perseverance-and those things are certainly important!
But I’m looking at the whole package today: mind, body and soul.

So how often do we look at ourselves in the mirror and say, “Damn. I look good now. Not ten pounds from now, not in a new pair of jeans, but now, at this moment, in these pj pants and ratty T.”?

My guess: not often.

I know I’m a good person on the inside; I am proud of who I am and what I’ve become. And believe me, I understand and wholeheartedly support the notion of looking at someone from the inside out vs the outside in.

But I still sometimes suffer from body dysmorphia or have body envy. So today and everyday going forward I will LOVE ALL OF ME!!! I challenge you to do the same!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I have been such a slacker lately. I think part of it is that I think, "30 pounds is awesome, I don't need to lose the next 20 so fast"..... I'm really going to try harder starting today. I've been stuck right around 190.5-191.5 for a few weeks, so my goal this week is to get in the 180's.

This is really selfish, but I'm going to say it anyway. I'm bummed that more people don't notice my weight loss. I know I shouldn't be bummed about that because at least I know!!
I felt the same way you did about people not noticing. Even though you didn't receive many comments, I bet they were commenting to others about how great you looked. Maybe they do not want to embarrass you.

My mom says people comment to her all the time about me yet they say nothing directly to me. Sometimes I think the people who do not comment are the jealous ones. I have cousins who will not say a thing to me. I was always the fat cousin but not anymore or ever again!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Default back at work

well this is my first day back at work after being off last week because of shingle.......uggggh
nice to be out of the house but horrible to have to get up early (3am).
it is cool here in the northwest 64deg when I left for work and broken clouds.
hoping to get thru to the 160's this week at weigh in (really like to see 30lbs gone) but will be happy with anything I get .
been hard staying 100% op with shopping for back to school stuff this weekend and a few family things going on. My 17yr son took the written test for his drivers license and passed first try (yippee) proud of him and scared at the same time... can't wait to have him driving so I don't have to play taxi but also frightened of what he might do behind the wheel-very much a male when it comes to thinking sometimes (no think thru).
well everyone have a great Monday and think thin
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/190/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone, this is my first day on the forum but my 6th day of Phase 1. I had a really difficult time last night with cravings but was able to overcome them. Stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I've lost 12 lbs so far so that's really given me more motivation. Can't wait to see what this week brings!

Last edited by amg0901; 08-20-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #28  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! I had to do a double take too when looking for this thread...Riss, you've got JUNE 20, not August 20 - LOL. I do the same thing sometimes.

Happy Happy Birthday Dizzyjean! Drink lots of H2O to wash that evil donut through and enjoy the rest of the day OP!

I had stopped my supplements when I had surgery nearly 2 weeks ago and my stomach problems stopped. I've gradually been adding them back in, and today I am nauseated again, and having pain. Wondering if the Biotin is causing it??? (Am losing LOTS of hair! Don't want to be bald for my son's wedding in October!) Looked it up online and it doesn't appear to have this kind of side effect, but didn't have any stomach trouble before taking it. Also, I've been adding Benefiber to some of my foods to help with 'C'. Not sure how much it's helping as still having those issues too. I'm not running any kind of fever or having other symptoms (other than really tired all the time), so don't think it's stomach flu.

Fall is def on the way here in northern MI - got down to 36 last night! Leaves are beginning to turn already!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #29  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Birthday dizzyjean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
After a very long weekend where I struggled with life and food. It is back to basics for me. I am going to do a boot camp this week and go back to the first week I had OP. That is my goal for today. Basics, simple... measuring and reading the sheet. Planning meals and not risking a lick or a bite. Whew..... this will be a great week.
I am going to do the same thing- I have been OP but I added restricteds, and I think it is affecting me negatively because the scale is really not moving very much since I did. I had a great week one, so I am hoping that if I go back to week one approach, things will start moving again. :

My husband and i went to a concert on Saturday night- it was so hard to watch everyone walking around with their beers and fries and funnel cakes- but we did it, and we had our evening snack bars and our water. I tried to remind myself of how much money we were saving by not partaking in the snacks- if we weren't on plan we probably would have dropped $20-25 on drinks and munchies, pretty easy to do when beers are $9!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0901 View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first day on the forum but my 6th day of Phase 1. I had a really difficult time last night with cravings but was able to overcome them. Stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I've lost 12 lbs so far so that's really given me more motivation. Can't wait to see what this week brings!
Congrats!! Thats awesome! Im on Day 9 of Phase 1 and its getting better. I go today for my 1st WI and to pick-up more food. Fingers crossed!!
Closed Thread