A few more links

http://www.3fatchicks.com/5-non-surg...r-weight-loss/
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...-question.html
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #17  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I am 43 years old and lost 52 lbs in 23 weeks. I have loose skin!!!! Mine is around my belly, bottom of my butt-top of my legs. And my boobs look ridiculous
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
I have to agree with the others that age has a lot to do with it... I am down 15 pounds and I think my boobs have already dropped a couple of inches! But then I am closing in on 50. You look much younger, so you probably have that on your side.

Investing in a really good, supportive and well fitting bra will help a lot with that. Get to a real bra shop and have a professional fitting. It will make a huge difference.

I also think the more times you yo-yo, the more elasticity your skin loses, so once you lose the weight, be sure to maintain. I have lost a fair amount of weight before and things are definitely drooping faster this time!

Oh well, I never expected to have a perfect body at 50!
Even 20 year old's dont have perfect bodies! I thought turning 50 would be tough, but it has been terrific. somehow I have so much more confidence. I think you will love it...late 40's does not sound as accomplished as 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am 43 years old and lost 52 lbs in 23 weeks. I have loose skin!!!! Mine is around my belly, bottom of my butt-top of my legs. And my boobs look ridiculous
That comment made me laugh! I know what you mean...I have not even lost 20 so far and that is the first place it came from...so sad! So glad there are pretty push up bra's that can help! Appearance does matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
So far I've lost about 95 pounds and I do have loose skin. I have read A LOT about loose skin and how best to deal with it. The most important thing you can do is lift weights, and heavy weights too. It's more important to lift heavy weights and less of them than to lift more light weights. Quality and not quantity will change your body. Don't worry, woman can't bulk up like men. At most we can just define our body a bit. I also add a high quality gelitan (Great Lakes collagen) to my IP food each day (I add it to my pudding shakes) to help with skin elasticity. The next big thing is time. Give yourself at least two years after reaching goal to see what extra skin you really have left. Skin is an organ ever changing. Lift weights (build your lean muscle mass), digest collagen, loose the body fat (not just what the scale says), and give your skin some time.
Thanks for these comments, I love the ideas of the high quality gelatin, that might help with the hair loss thing too. The heavier weights makes sense too. I follow biggest loser and that is what Bob and Jillian had them do, heavier weights, less reps. Though they would increase the weight gradually as to avoid injury. Starting with lighter weights and increasing gradually is what I like to do. If I get injured then I lose a lot of precious time!

Have a great day!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #19  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Moose, you are Gorgeous and healthier now. I'm sure saggy boobs is a PITA but for what it's worth I don't think most men care and the ones who do are not worth worrying about. My wife has lost about fifty pounds in the last few years and her cup size and bust size has gone down quite a bit and her boobs sag. I know it bothers her some but I let her know she is hot just the way she is. I bet your men feel the same!

I know with all of the stretch marks I have and have had since my teen years I am going to have issues. I used it as a crutch and obsessed about it before starting. Now it's just going to be something I need to deal with once I hit goal. I bet wuv will chime in here soon, she has been talking and planning about plastic surgery.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Thanks for these comments, I love the ideas of the high quality gelatin, that might help with the hair loss thing too. The heavier weights makes sense too. I follow biggest loser and that is what Bob and Jillian had them do, heavier weights, less reps. Though they would increase the weight gradually as to avoid injury. Starting with lighter weights and increasing gradually is what I like to do. If I get injured then I lose a lot of precious time!

Have a great day!
You definitely will notice over time that you can lift heavier and heavier weights. I started lifting about 3 months into IP and I have more than doubled what I can now lift. I still walk everyday because you need to move, but it's power weight lifting that will change your body, and this comes from an over 50 year old woman who use to avoid working out and gyms like the plague. Now I plug into my iPod, lift, and is as happy as a clam.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well who knows more about loose skin than me!....I have about 40lbs of it just in my tummy area, plus some on my arms and my inner tights. Like someone else said I think it was sewing, my clothes hide it quite well. I will eventually have the surgery but it is at least a year or so away, I can deal with what I have. I wear a body shaper panty so it holds my tummy "up" and hides most of my back fat. I have loss 175lbs so I "hide" it as best I can. I am not ashamed of my "bat wings" I wear sketti strap shirts or dresses. If peeps wanna stare they stare, don't matter to me....those are Progress wings....I am work in progress...where is my sign?....lol...I guess I am at the age where my "looks or Image" isn't as important to me as the younger ones here. Of course I was to look "good" and as long as I am comfortable with my "look" I don't care what anyone else says. I love ME...I am who I am....No one can change that. Looks nor inner....my loose skin doesn't change me....I am a healthier, happier ME......THAT is all that matters to ME
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

WELL SAID Wuv! I am just SO much more ready to be who I am right now then who I was....loose skin and all.

Fortunately I think I was also blessed with good skin, BUT my tummy area is not my best feature...but I own it...and if someone wants to comment on that, well...I can be cranky too and say "I lost weight, what are you going to do about your face?"

I own it so much, that I named my tummy "Martha"....so Martha and I have a relationship...and she's my battle scar and a reminder of who I was and who I still am. She's part of me.

I see a plastic surgeon when I'm back from Europe, jury is still out on surgery only because I had a bad experience with my gallstone surgery...so I'm not sold that it's worth the headache. It does help that I have a boyfriend who loves me for my soul and could careless about my loose skin. So really the ball is in my court if I want to do anything about it.

Course even at 305 lbs I owned who I was and wore a bathing suit...so now I'm just feeling that much better.

GOOD LUCK, cheers to being a healthier you and not worrying about the loose skin!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

I've lost almost 40lbs so far, 60 more to go. No noticing any loose skin that didn't kinda flap before, lol. But at 50, I'm expecting it by the time I'm done. I'm told that the IP Blueberry Cran Granata drinkk and raspberry jelly have collegen in them and will help if you have one of those as your last packet of the day every other day. I'm doing that, we'll see. Can't hurt to try, right? On the plus side, I'm able to feel some bones in my shoulders, wrists, I haven't seen in a while, fair trade.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
WELL SAID Wuv! I am just SO much more ready to be who I am right now then who I was....loose skin and all.

Fortunately I think I was also blessed with good skin, BUT my tummy area is not my best feature...but I own it...and if someone wants to comment on that, well...I can be cranky too and say "I lost weight, what are you going to do about your face?"

I own it so much, that I named my tummy "Martha"....so Martha and I have a relationship...and she's my battle scar and a reminder of who I was and who I still am. She's part of me.

I see a plastic surgeon when I'm back from Europe, jury is still out on surgery only because I had a bad experience with my gallstone surgery...so I'm not sold that it's worth the headache. It does help that I have a boyfriend who loves me for my soul and could careless about my loose skin. So really the ball is in my court if I want to do anything about it.

Course even at 305 lbs I owned who I was and wore a bathing suit...so now I'm just feeling that much better.

GOOD LUCK, cheers to being a healthier you and not worrying about the loose skin!
Congrats, I get so much inspiration from these boards!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well who knows more about loose skin than me!....I have about 40lbs of it just in my tummy area, plus some on my arms and my inner tights. Like someone else said I think it was sewing, my clothes hide it quite well. I will eventually have the surgery but it is at least a year or so away, I can deal with what I have. I wear a body shaper panty so it holds my tummy "up" and hides most of my back fat. I have loss 175lbs so I "hide" it as best I can. I am not ashamed of my "bat wings" I wear sketti strap shirts or dresses. If peeps wanna stare they stare, don't matter to me....those are Progress wings....I am work in progress...where is my sign?....lol...I guess I am at the age where my "looks or Image" isn't as important to me as the younger ones here. Of course I was to look "good" and as long as I am comfortable with my "look" I don't care what anyone else says. I love ME...I am who I am....No one can change that. Looks nor inner....my loose skin doesn't change me....I am a healthier, happier ME......THAT is all that matters to ME
Great attitude, love your honesty in your posts.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

I wore my bathing suit at 388lbs...it was who I was. I considered myself a person who enjoyed swimming and tanning. I wouldn't lay in a lounge chair, I would sit in a regular chair and tan. If I wanted my back tanned I would get in the pool and let the sun be on my back. I wasn't ashamed of who I was. I have a BF know who is proud of me for what I have done for myself. He didn't know me when I was bigger but I was 30lbs heavier than I am now. He will brag on me to a complete stranger....lol...he is a trip sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Great attitude, love your honesty in your posts.
Thanks, Honesty for me is the ONLY way to be. I speak from my heart, its just the way I am

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 08-12-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
So far I've lost about 95 pounds and I do have loose skin. I have read A LOT about loose skin and how best to deal with it. The most important thing you can do is lift weights, and heavy weights too. It's more important to lift heavy weights and less of them than to lift more light weights. Quality and not quantity will change your body. Don't worry, woman can't bulk up like men. At most we can just define our body a bit. I also add a high quality gelitan (Great Lakes collagen) to my IP food each day (I add it to my pudding shakes) to help with skin elasticity. The next big thing is time. Give yourself at least two years after reaching goal to see what extra skin you really have left. Skin is an organ ever changing. Lift weights (build your lean muscle mass), digest collagen, loose the body fat (not just what the scale says), and give your skin some time.
Hi Dana,
I have checked out hte Great Lakes website and I am wondering which product you use. On a side note....in addition to what I get for myself I'm going to give their equine gelatin a try for my horse who has hoof issues. Thanks for the information.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #28  
Started IP 8/26/11

S/C/G: 241/179/150

Height: 5' 7"

I am just over 65 lbs down - and have been on the program for almost a year now. The last few months have been a struggle in that I am totally OP and just really slow losses. As of last WI - a big 3lb loss - yeah me. Anyway, I have a really flat stomach - which I never thought was possible (since I had a horrible c-section) but my arms are a mess and boobs are a bit lower these days - and all over strechmark galore. To me I say whatever - I don't belong to a nudist colony and I look great in my clothes. My DH loved me fat or skinny - but I love my new life. There is so much that I can do now.

WUV - on a side note - you have inspired me this whole 12 months and even though I don't write on here often, I am always checking in. You look so fantastic - you are my hero on here!!! You go girl! Also, I wish I lived in your area so you could be my coach - but I will have to accept 3FC forums instead.

Thanks for being you!
Callmesmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmesmall View Post
I am just over 65 lbs down - and have been on the program for almost a year now. The last few months have been a struggle in that I am totally OP and just really slow losses. As of last WI - a big 3lb loss - yeah me. Anyway, I have a really flat stomach - which I never thought was possible (since I had a horrible c-section) but my arms are a mess and boobs are a bit lower these days - and all over strechmark galore. To me I say whatever - I don't belong to a nudist colony and I look great in my clothes. My DH loved me fat or skinny - but I love my new life. There is so much that I can do now.

WUV - on a side note - you have inspired me this whole 12 months and even though I don't write on here often, I am always checking in. You look so fantastic - you are my hero on here!!! You go girl! Also, I wish I lived in your area so you could be my coach - but I will have to accept 3FC forums instead.

Thanks for being you!
awww thank you!....great job on your 65lbs!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi Dana,
I have checked out hte Great Lakes website and I am wondering which product you use. On a side note....in addition to what I get for myself I'm going to give their equine gelatin a try for my horse who has hoof issues. Thanks for the information.
Molly, I use the Kosher unflavored gelatin from Great Lakes (orange label). I buy it on Amazon vs. through their website.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote