Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1  

Default Week 14 struggles

So I wish I would have found this group sooner, but I have been on the Ideal Protein Diet since the last week of April. I think that puts me around week 14. Anyway, I started at 177 and am now at 137, which I am totally excited about. I am a 5'2" female, so 137 is still overweight for my height. Anyway, I have followed this diet to the letter. I have never broken a rule and will even go out of my way to follow the rules as opposed to slightly deviating. Anyway, I don't know whether it's the fact that I have lost 4 pant sizes and am noticeably thinner, or just the fact that I am beginning to get bored with this diet, but I am recently finding that all I want to do is cheat on the diet. I actually am starting to become lazy and I am starting to find myself picking at the toppings off of pizza or doing little cheats that I know are not good for me. I don't like many veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, onions and green onions and bell peppers), so this has been a problem for me and therefore I am not very creative in my cooking. I eat one of 6 things every day and I am over just over it. I know that I am so close to my goal and am looking for a tip or trick (NOT CHEAT) that will help me get through this funk and continue on with my diet. Please, don't misunderstand me. I am completely happy with my results, I am just looking for something to keep me motivated to get healthy. I am already lighter than I have been in over 10 years, so I guess in a sense, I am back to accepting myself at this weight. I really just want a soft drink or a piece of chocolate....Am I making sense? Sorry, I tend to babble on these forums because I like to make sure I am getting my point across correctly.
mllr523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #2  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Do you do the program on your own or through a center? Maybe if you buy a box of bars...(I tried the strawberry wafers) they are reeaaaallly good! Also, what about seltzer water and flavor it with the flavored stevia drops? I know they have a root beer flavor but I haven't tried doing this yet, I don't know it it would taste good or not. Are you on Phase 1? I am confident you will find many people who will be able to help you. I love your success, you are doing great!!!

Also, have you gone clothes shopping lately, ya know, picked out something fantastic to wear now that you have lost so much weight?

Last edited by fourstubbs; 08-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

are you comfortable where you are now? if she why do you want to go smaller? are you looking for a certain number on that scale? if so I would really think about how I am feeling instead of that number on the scale. Sometimes that number will make it harder for us to get to where we need to get. Obviously you have done outstanding on the program so far. Bored is not a word that I can deal with because there are SOOOOO many options and various ways to cook the veggies. Experiment with the packets, I have been on this program now for 66 weeks, if anyone should be bored with it, it is ME. I hardly ever eat the same thing twice, but I know that I will only have to eat this way until I get to where I want to go then I will have to maintain my weight.

How far are you away from your goal? Maybe you need to phase off into a different phase to get more "regular" food in. perhaps phase 2 or 3. Have you hit a plateau? sorry for all of the questions just trying to help out and give you things to think about. You don't have to answer any of these questions by no means.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #4  

Okay, I don't have a specific number or weight goal. I have a body fat % goal. I started at 40% and I would like to get to at least 20%. I have HAD to buy more clothes, but I have not purchased a lot yet because I am not done yet. I am going through a center. The hardest part for me is that I live with 3 bachelors and there is nothing but delicious food surrounding me constantly! I have been able to resist the temptations, but its just getting harder. Just a bite of cake, ya know? I know its a slippery slope and I always talk myself out of it because of the results, but especially when it nears my period, my desire to cheat grows. I eat the double chocolate bars and chocolate shakes almost everyday because it satisfies my ENORMOUS sweet tooth. Thank y'all for the support though. Sometimes that is all it takes to get through these temptations.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
are you comfortable where you are now? if she why do you want to go smaller? are you looking for a certain number on that scale? if so I would really think about how I am feeling instead of that number on the scale. Sometimes that number will make it harder for us to get to where we need to get. Obviously you have done outstanding on the program so far. Bored is not a word that I can deal with because there are SOOOOO many options and various ways to cook the veggies. Experiment with the packets, I have been on this program now for 66 weeks, if anyone should be bored with it, it is ME. I hardly ever eat the same thing twice, but I know that I will only have to eat this way until I get to where I want to go then I will have to maintain my weight.

How far are you away from your goal? Maybe you need to phase off into a different phase to get more "regular" food in. perhaps phase 2 or 3. Have you hit a plateau? sorry for all of the questions just trying to help out and give you things to think about. You don't have to answer any of these questions by no means.
Lisa, I am curious about coaching. Maybe it is because you have been through the program but you give so much more information than the 2 coaches I have been with. They seem baffled by the recipes I have tried. They thought crispy cereal pancakes were a crazy, unheard of idea. When you went through your training, did your instructor(s) tell you how to keep clients from getting bored and keep them motivated and excited? Some coaches sure seem to be all business and in my experience, they have NEVER needed to diet EVER and don't understand what women go through. Sorry to ramble.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Lisa, I am curious about coaching. Maybe it is because you have been through the program but you give so much more information than the 2 coaches I have been with. They seem baffled by the recipes I have tried. They thought crispy cereal pancakes were a crazy, unheard of idea. When you went through your training, did your instructor(s) tell you how to keep clients from getting bored and keep them motivated and excited? Some coaches sure seem to be all business and in my experience, they have NEVER needed to diet EVER and don't understand what women go through. Sorry to ramble.
The only training I have gotten is through my own experience and coach. If you can't motivate someone and keep them from getting bored then you are not doing your job in my opinion. You have to have variety in your routine or you won't stick to it. I speak from my heart when I say stuff, sometimes people's feeling get hurt or think I am a B for it but this is who I am and how I got to where I am today. I have helped many on here some took what I said to heart and have succeeded others just took it with a grain of salt and are still struggling. I try to make it easy and not complicated, the easier the better for me. Sometimes all of these new threads that start overwhelm me and I over look them til a later time because you never know when someone will ask a question just as you did. To me Knowledge is power the more I knew about the program the better off I would be. Here I am today....a coach...never in a million years did I think I would EVER ever become a DIET coach of all things! but I am LOVING IT totally
Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #7  

These are very common feelings that you are having. I think that many of us experience these same thoughts. I just finished reading Gary Taubs book --"Why We Get Fat," and towards the end of the book he talked about people not losing weight successfully because they aren't patient enough. In many cases, we have abused our body for decades eating poorly and we need to be patient while our bodies adjust to losing weight and eating healthier. Reading this book has helped me through the diet (I started early May). Also, reading the posts to hear that we all have our struggles helps to keep me connected to the diet. You are doing amazing! Keep it up.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #8  
Tyler7

S/C/G: S174/C154/G130

Height: 5'5"

This is the first week out of 7 that I haven't lost weight and I'm feeling annoyed and ready to cheat as well! There are a few things here and there that I can think of that might have held me back (a bite of something I shouldn't have, not finishing my veggies) but compared to everyone around me I feel like I'm eating SO well/healthy that I should have lost more. Just have to carry on I guess. Hopefully next week is better..

Last edited by Tyler7; 08-07-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Tyler7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler7 View Post
This is the first week out of 7 that I haven't lost weight and I'm feeling annoyed and ready to cheat as well! There are a few things here and there that I can think of that might have held me back (a bite of something I shouldn't have, not finishing my veggies) but compared to everyone around me I feel like I'm eating SO well/healthy that I should have lost more. Just have to carry on I guess. Hopefully next week is better..
Keep going. I had a halt and slowdown at week 7 too. But the body is adjusting. Keep going. If you stop now, in a month you will look back and regret it. Rely on some NSVs instead of the numbers. Hang in there. IP works...sometimes it takes time. you can do it!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Keep going. I had a halt and slowdown at week 7 too. But the body is adjusting. Keep going. If you stop now, in a month you will look back and regret it. Rely on some NSVs instead of the numbers. Hang in there. IP works...sometimes it takes time. you can do it!
You are exactly correct...your body is changing weekly. You can't expect a loss every week no matter how hard you try. I have had gains for NO REASON, I have been 100% since day ONE....66 weeks ago. Looks like a lot of you are NOT LOSING this week....that should NOT get you discouraged.....with the temps as high as they are in some areas this would be normal. Make sure you are drinking MORE than enough water that usual because if you are NOT drinking enough your body will HOLD ON to what is in it and not let go!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #11  

I went through a period of two weeks where I didn't lose and then the week after, I gained. I am with a coach and he adjusted my diet a few days and I had to wait a week and a half before going back in. I lost 6 pounds when I finally weighed back in.