Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #16  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Most people go through that to some degree. I've had it pretty bad... I know my pants are 3-5 sizes smaller, but I still only see the imperfections, the loose skin, etc. It's perfectly normal and takes some time to realize what you really look like.

My little story about that: 2 weeks ago I went for my WI. I asked to use the bathroom before (every little bit I can pee out is weight I won't see on the scale!) and when I came out, I aked my coach if the bathroom full-length mirror was one of those "thinning" mirrors, because i looked so tall and lean in it. She said no, it's just a regular mirror. That's what you look like. From that day, I started seeing the changes a lot more.

Last edited by Kikie; 08-05-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #17  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I too am having issues..but ive been told by doctors i have something called "body dysmorphic disorder" Because ive had eating disorder issues my whole life..ive never seen myself as "thin" even at 145 pounds.. All my friends used to say "look at that hourglass waist!" and i would look at me and go "what are you talking about"? Now im super super obese..my highest at 315 and im down to 290 now but even though ive lost 25 pounds...i dont feel like i look any different..I still see the same fat self in the mirror...Its discouraging...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #18  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Well it's harder to see at first too... especially the more weight you have to lose. You might notice a bit, like your butt got a little smaller, your double chin isn't as bad, etc, but the big "wow" comes at the end really. That's why we have to hang on, the efforts are much worth it! The fact that it comes later is both a good and a bad thing... makes it something to work towards, but at the same time doesn't sit well with those who need results for encouragement. Remember your paper towel analogy

Just as a general guideline: I'm down 45 lbs. The first 30, I saw no difference. The next 10, I saw a little. The last 5, holy cow. You can do it.
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #19  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I dont see myself the way everyone sees me now. I had a hard time while trying on wedding dresses and it broke my heart. The lady had to make my sister take pictures because she said the mirror wasn't a good thing to rely on. Because I was on the verge of tears even though everyone said I was tiny.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

I think this is a common problem - thinking you're thinner than you are when you are fat and fatter than you are when you are thin. Our brains are crazy things! I must say, I love your suggestion, spetty. It would certainly be a way to force your brain to catch up with your body!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote