Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #181  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

ok so I just had the IP pink lemonade for my late snack....bleargh....any suggestions to make it more palatable, or is it just one of those "you love it or you hate it" kind of things?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
ok so I just had the IP pink lemonade for my late snack....bleargh....any suggestions to make it more palatable, or is it just one of those "you love it or you hate it" kind of things?
That's got to be a preference thing b/c I have it for my snack tonite too & I think its pretty good. I like really tart lemony things. What don't you like about it? Too tart? Add stevia/spenda? You could use knox unflavored gelatin and make it into lemon jello. How many do you have? Maybe you could just trade with someone who likes it???
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning Fellow IPers!

I have yet to exercise on IP. And that only place that is not toning as much as I wish they would are my arms. Need to do some research and find some exercises that will tone my arms within the next 2 months...just in time for vacation!

Welcoming any suggestions for toning the "bat wings."

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
I feel the same way about my arms - please share if you find something
Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
As of this morning I am half way to goal. I'm excited about hitting 125. Haven't mentioned it to anyone at home yet. I plan to buy a new bed soon. That was my reward for loosing 125#'s. now to come up with the money!
Way to go! Are you going to get a sleep number?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #185  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I feel the same way about my arms - please share if you find something
Someone recommended this video. I have done it twice and it hurts! No results...yet.
http://www.oprah.com/health/Joel-Har...-Workout-Video
Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That's got to be a preference thing b/c I have it for my snack tonite too & I think its pretty good. I like really tart lemony things. What don't you like about it? Too tart? Add stevia/spenda? You could use knox unflavored gelatin and make it into lemon jello. How many do you have? Maybe you could just trade with someone who likes it???
Wow, I really like it too! How much water did you use? I like adding it to a LOT of water and just drinking it for a bit. I use a 32oZ Powerade container.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I went to a party/cookout tonight and am very proud of myself. I brought along a big salad and some WF ketchup and had two hamburger patties for dinner.

Oh man, they had all my favorites. Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, artichoke dip, Mexican dip, frosted brownies, CREAM PUFFS!!

But I have to say, my hamburgers were very good. I put my WF ketchup and mustard on them with dill pickles and chopped onion. Delicious and very filling! It is definitely getting easier to resist temptations. I even made a giant thing of pasta salad and didn't want any.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #188  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Whew, what a day...decided to roast a13lb turkey stuffed with fresh herbs, lemons, & a whole garlic and made it with roasted IP veggies (rutabaga, celery, & celeriac) and IP friendly 'gravy' (mushroom, garlic, & celery purée w/some skimmed pan drippings). Also a side of stuffing for hubs & the inlaws. Just finished making the carcass soup!

I was able to squeeze in a quick 2 mile jog beforehand. I am adding in more light cardio in P2 tentatively. I had tried jogging in P1 and it was a disaster, I was completely wrecked afterwards. Felt okay today though. I look forward to 'running' in P3 when I've gotten the okay for high-intensity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
THX1138 - I know what you mean about the salads being a chore to eat. II am trying to get more creative with the veggies in general. Turnip fries wihth Mrs Dash garlic and herb are yummy. I can eat 2 cups of those easily. I usually make 2 servings and reheat the second one for lunch the next day. Also I made zuchini muffins with the maple oatmeal. It makes 3 muffins for 1 sserving. I
I was NOT a veggie eater when I started...now I cannot get enough! There are a ton of recipes on here and folks here are willing to share their favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
THE SCALE READ 169.8!!!!!! I haven't seen 160 anything since 2005!!
Whoo-Hoo! The decade jumps are the BEST! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
I have even more things to celebrate: apparently I'm still losing in phase 3, took a sneak peak this morning to see if I had gained the 3-4 pounds they say for the glycogen stores, and I'm down 2 pounds in 5 days, that's even faster than my last few weeks in phase 1 I didn't think it would happen:
That is great to hear! I am happy where I am at, but it's always good to know that there is room to wiggle in! I would still like to change up my body composition a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Both DH and I have MIO regularly and haven't had any problems losing. It really is an individual thing, I say. Try it and see what happens. If things start to change, reduce it. But if not, every little thing that helps with the water (and is OP) is a good thing!
Agree! If it helps you get down the water and you don't have an issue then chug away! Like jen said, just log it and keep,track in case of tweaks needed.

Quote:
As of this morning I am half way to goal. I'm excited about hitting 125. Haven't mentioned it to anyone at home yet. I plan to buy a new bed soon. That was my reward for loosing 125#'s. now to come up with the money!
Holy crap...half way already! That's awesome..glad you are back from camp, looks like you made some great memories for your son and yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Question:

I just started IP yesterday and had dinner after 8pm. Wanted to ask how much this will affect the diet as my husband and I usually are night people, having dinner at 8 or 9pm then going to bed past midnight.
I eat dinner at 8pm every night! I did have to move my snack to 4pm, I eat every 4 hours at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm...got me all the way to goal!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #189  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Well, the whoosh fairy visited me, I was very surprised! I ended up down 2 for the week. Almost to the 180's. What's "funny" I guess is that last night I went to a get together at a friends house. I ate guacomole with broccoli, some cheese, a little bit of corn and several beers (Miller 64). Today I was down 2.5 from yesterday! I think my body needs some extra fat sometimes. The rest of my friends were drinking Lime-a-rita's. I really wanted to try one because I had heard they were good. But, I saw that they had 30 g of carbs. So, didn't have any.

I've decided that I'm going to email my coach and let her know that I'm going to continue with alternatives and not check in with her anymore. We have a phone call about once every other week and this forum helps me more than she does. And the IP packs are getting to be too expensive for me. Maybe once school starts and we're not paying for day care anymore, I can buy more of the IP packs.
Hi Julie! I am also thinking about doing alternatives. I'm going to Vegas the 3rd week of August and may go alternative when I return. Please let me know what you think....CONGRATS on the surprise loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Ok i dont get it..How is it that a person eating a high fat low carb diet can lose weight??? Im a curious cat by nature and i like to look at recipes online for fun..I came across a recipe for flourless low carb sugar free chocolate torte...I look at the bottom of the recipe and it says " 337" calories for one little square!!!!! Seriously!!! I dont even burn that much in my workouts...I would have to work out 3 times in one day just to burn that off....How do people do it???? Are they just losing weight...but not as fast as us???
Honestly, I don't understand on anyone can ever lose any weight on any diet. This is the ONLY diet that has ever shown any sign of working for me. Thank God we found it, huh??
Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #190  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hallelujah!!! I lived through today...what a day...Having TOM lurk today was no fun!!! Felt hungry all day...drank and drank and drank water and water and water some more..and kept busy..Praise God! I made it through without a cheat!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #191  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Congratulations! Excellent choice for a reward too.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #192  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I don't know what it is about the pink lemonade...could be my taste buds are just wonky right now, I usually love lemony things. I only had 1 packet to try it, maybe I'll get one more to see if more water helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
I went to a party/cookout tonight and am very proud of myself. I brought along a big salad and some WF ketchup and had two hamburger patties for dinner.

Oh man, they had all my favorites. Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, artichoke dip, Mexican dip, frosted brownies, CREAM PUFFS!!

But I have to say, my hamburgers were very good. I put my WF ketchup and mustard on them with dill pickles and chopped onion. Delicious and very filling! It is definitely getting easier to resist temptations. I even made a giant thing of pasta salad and didn't want any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hallelujah!!! I lived through today...what a day...Having TOM lurk today was no fun!!! Felt hungry all day...drank and drank and drank water and water and water some more..and kept busy..Praise God! I made it through without a cheat!!!
Woo hoo! Two more people on the winner's stand today! Congrats!!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #193  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
congrat to you USMC vet! Huge accomplishment
Thank you. Not sure yet if I will keep doing a WI with my IP clinic. I will keep buying their food but weekly WI is not doing anything for me.

Quote:
that's amazing! You have lost an entire small woman!!! Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thank you, ladies. I have always told people when they say I don't look my age it was because I never had any children. In fact, most of my life I didn't have a DH either, just me. Until the last few years on my job, not a lot of stress, too. BUT, let me tell you, my body knows I'm 63. The arthritis, the achy muscles, oh yeah, the hair is because of a really good hairdresser.

Yahoo!!!!!! Half way, I'm sure you're sooooo very proud. I remember when you first came on the forum. Your progress has been inspiring. You're inspiring. Love your posts. Look forward to hearing from you. Can't wait to see you make goal. I bet you beat me.

Going to be a chilly night here in northern Michigan, right around 50. Having been in the south now since 1985, and 20 years in southern California before that, I forget what it's like to have cool nights in August. Time to curl up under a heavy comforter.

Molly
Wow fifty is cold for an early August night.

Thank you Molly. You're a wonderfulf source of support for so many of us.
Quote:
More water ie two or three times the called for water is what I'd suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Way to go! Are you going to get a sleep number?
Not sure. Just told my wife and Jack is all over me now about a new bed. We are going from a queen to a King! The extra room will be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

I was able to squeeze in a quick 2 mile jog beforehand. I am adding in more light cardio in P2 tentatively. I had tried jogging in P1 and it was a disaster, I was completely wrecked afterwards. Felt okay today though. I look forward to 'running' in P3 when I've gotten the okay for high-intensity!

Holy crap...half way already! That's awesome..glad you are back from camp, looks like you made some great memories for your son and yourself!

I eat dinner at 8pm every night! I did have to move my snack to 4pm, I eat every 4 hours at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm...got me all the way to goal!

Go Liz! I would like to run a 5K again.

Yeah checked my scale again this morning, just to be sure!

I learned again from you Liz. Eat every four hours! I can now go a long time between dinner and bed, those used to be big eating hours for me, not any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Congratulations! Excellent choice for a reward too.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #194  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Oh and a list of NSVs from camp last week, too many to list but here are a few.

I pulled the ladder out if the dock last year on day one after my swim test, freaking horrified me and hurt. No problem this year and I swam several times a day. We started each day with the Polar Bear Swim at 0630, brrrrr. We walked every where, that used to be my biggest everyday issue. The walk to the dining hall was half a mile each way and required a slow pace and three or four stops along the way. Not this year! Whoooooo Hoooooo. One of the other dads noticed and so did many of the staff which was a great feeling.

The biggest accomplishment for me was a three mile hike with Jack and the other Webelo II's. My knees hurt for days but I had no problem keeping up with the ten and eleven year olds.

This was my reward, a photo with Jack.

The view was nice too.

And NSV this morning. My wife initiated cookie baking, whoo hoo! What a way to start the day!

Closed Thread