Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #76  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, everyone. Today is my first alternate IP day and thought I'd tell everyone how much I've enjoyed reading the forum and learning about all my choices... Thank you!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #77  

Good afternoon everyone! It sounds like it has been a great day for both scale and non scale victories today! Congrats to all of you!

I am down 3 more pounds this week for a total of 17 in one month!! I am very happy with my results
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

This is probably very scary to think about, but might be VERY helpful to couple to let them get away for an evening to recharge. I think couples who have high stress situations like this sometimes affects their marriage. What a blessing you are to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning everyone, just quick checking in. The last month has been rough for me, dealing with a ton of stress and such. Then last weekend (like Saturday) I talked to my cousins who live 5 hours away. Their eldest son is about 7 and he has some mental instability problems, and was increasingly violent for almost 48 hours, to the point they took him to the ER in hopes of sedation temporarily. Long story short, he had a stroke while he was being born (poor little dude) and has half a brain essentially. He can talk, walk, eat etc. on his own, but his social and cognitive functions are more limited, not understanding social boundaries or how to interpret pain etc. (think wild animal in pain instead of a child crying in pain, that's him) So I told them I'd go see them next weekend and help get caught up. They are financially strapped, and both are so busy with their sons (younger son is OK but they feel they're neglecting him) so laundry, cleaning, coooking are all luxuries they just don't have time for. After talking to them I realized that my "stress" of not having a clean home because I am just mentally exhausted at night and stress at work trying to get ahead of the game and piddly little things, and I'm ashamed to think my problems had been so "big" when there are others who have legitimate problems.

I need to recharge this week big time, get my own house in order, then go up there Friday night and get some serious stuff done for them on Saturday. Coming home on Sunday, and I'm not even remotely concerned about staying OP, as it'll only be 1 evening meal, 1 full day, and 1 breakfast, all of which I'll be "in charge" of, so bringing up some shakes and packets etc. and hoping to take the motorcycle (I get my new helmet today, pics to follow!)

So, if you're the praying type, pray for my cousins, Curt and Becca, and their son, Sammy, and his little brother, Matthew. They need all the strength they can get.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
Hi Mooselover - sorry you aren't feeling well. I had my hysto 3 years ago this month. It is a huge surgery and it takes time. All of your organs have to adjust to a new space, etc. It took me the full 6 weeks to recover. It is important to sleep and rest and that will help. I've got three close friends that have also had hystos - and the same held true for them.

Take it easy - read a magazine or book, do some cross word puzzles or watch some chick flicks - give yourself some time. Hang in there - it will get better!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

I haven't seen Cadu or Darralyn for awhile - I miss them - are things okay? I evidently missed something.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #81  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Hang in there! Make sure you get your salt and your water! The first 2-3 days were miserable for me...I hid in bed and alternated between reading & sleeping.

My NSVs for today:
ALL my bra bands are too loose - including some that fit last week!
My 16W pants can be pulled down over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them now!

Happy Tuesday!
Congratulations on your exciting NSVs! Gotta love those things...
Old 07-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
take it easy sleep when you are tired, you are still healing even if the pain is gone. you need sleep to heal. do small things around the house fold clothes sitting down then rest, do light dusting then rest. just take it easy it will take a few weeks to get your energy back.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

I am nervous about heading in to Phase 3!! I am going to buy a stabalization ball and start using that, I am hoping that it wont upset my back or shoulder. I have had enough of that kind of pain

I am also nervous because I have a job interview tomorrow, it is within the same company and I would just be moving to a different department. It is still nerve racking though! lol I am having a big dilemma with what to wear!! All of my work slacks are loose and I only have jeans that properly fit me, I guess I will just have to make do with a tight belt!

It is raining here again today.... blah! Hoping we have a late summer, the prospect of facing our long winter with this little amount of sunshine is not very appealing.

I hope you are all having a beautiful (sunny) OP day!!!

Steph
Old 07-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 146/146/120

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! I am a brand new to the forum even though I have been looking and reading most of the day.

A friend of mine at work has been on the diet for less than 2 months and already down 23 pounds! I commented on how fantastic she looked and she told me she was on IP and would send me information on it, never did, but was too curious to find out what she was doing so here I am!

There is so much information on here it is absolutely fantastic! I am still doing "research" because I am hoping to do it without a coach and use alternatives. Hopefully I will be ready to start on Monday!

Anyways, sorry for blabbing! Just want to say this forum is fantastic! Thanks so much for being so helpful!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #85  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hello from Hardy..Dieter's forecast: Cloudy with a chance of "I just want to give up".

Im so frustrated....Ive been on this diet OP 100% and its my sixth week which is coming to a close real quick and my stupid scale has not budged..in fact..its gone up..I dont get it????? In the past, ive stayed on this diet and cheated and gone back on it and cheated and gone back on it and cheated and i lost weight..This time around..ive been 100% OP the entire time and the scale is not moving..I even tried eating a piece of steak last night to see if that would increase the loss due to the extra protein...but NOPE!!!!!!! I just want to quit at this point...Im 20 pounds down and i dont see it..not even in my clothes..and no one else sees it either...My clothes fit no different and im now gaining weight!!!! Whats the point?? Ive been doing my absoloute best..for what? 6 weeks and only 20 pounds...only to start gaining again? ARGHHHHHHHHHH..... Im at my freaking wits end!!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hello from Hardy..Dieter's forecast: Cloudy with a chance of "I just want to give up".

Im so frustrated....Ive been on this diet OP 100% and its my sixth week which is coming to a close real quick and my stupid scale has not budged..in fact..its gone up..I dont get it????? In the past, ive stayed on this diet and cheated and gone back on it and cheated and gone back on it and cheated and i lost weight..This time around..ive been 100% OP the entire time and the scale is not moving..I even tried eating a piece of steak last night to see if that would increase the loss due to the extra protein...but NOPE!!!!!!! I just want to quit at this point...Im 20 pounds down and i dont see it..not even in my clothes..and no one else sees it either...My clothes fit no different and im now gaining weight!!!! Whats the point?? Ive been doing my absoloute best..for what? 6 weeks and only 20 pounds...only to start gaining again? ARGHHHHHHHHHH..... Im at my freaking wits end!!
I was feeling like this a week or so ago.. Keep in mind, 20 lbs is hard to see with the eyes.. especially the more weight you have to lose. Do you feel any different? Like, can you personally tell that your body has and is changing? For a while, I felt like I was in weight-loss limbo on this diet.. It can be frustrating. I feel for you. Especially because it advertizes that you will lose a certain amount a week- which is a lie. Personally, I had to stop weighing myself for a while. The scale was negatively affecting me mentally, and emotionally, and therefore physically as well. Maybe try finding some distractions? Do something fun that is not centered around food..etc. Don't give up yet. Even though it feels like a long time, 6 weeks is still the beginning of your journey. Hang in there.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Quick rant: I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.
Me too! Me Too! Me Too!

Hang in there Look's like were trying to lose about the same amount of weight; how long have you been on the IP program?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:

P.S.- try saying this mantra to yourself that I stole from you.

If you work the diet, then the diet will work for you.
If you even think about failing,then you have already planned to fail.
If you cant , its because you wont. If you can its because you tried.
I am Smart.
I am Beautiful.
I am Important.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #89  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I remember you having problems dealing with the scale before. I though DH took it away and was weighing you. Sounds like maybe you need to go back to that plan again. I know I've read on the forum in the past, that sometimes weeks 6-8 are tough for lots. About then, your body is evaluating this whole weight loss thing and saying, WHOA. wait a minute. Let's stop and figure out what's going on here. I don't want to give up this weight.

Please don't get impatient. Give it time and please don't going back to that cheating cycle. You know it doesn't work. We're here for you. We want to see you succeed and make it this time. Vent all you want on here. Sometimes, that helps. Continue to give the program a chance.

Molly

P.S. In 6 weeks I had only lost 17 pounds. Now, I'm at 70. Hang in there. It's working okay.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 07-24-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have been on phase one for 63 weeks now. You are in Phase 1 until you reach your goal 100%
My coach said to stay on phase 1 until goal as well!

Wuv2bloved - just wanted you to know what an inspiration you are to me! Your posts have helped me so much in these first couple of weeks! Thank you!
Closed Thread