Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #106  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Had a great WI -4 for a total of 14# in 4 weeks.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #107  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Haha yeah, I saw them and was like OMG must have! even if that meant they were blank me shoes I have a thing for boots, and always look for shoes like these, never find a pair that fits my funky little feet (short short and tall insteps), so this was a MUST HAVE kind of thing I really need to read those books, so many peopel talk about them!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Haha yeah, I saw them and was like OMG must have! even if that meant they were blank me shoes I have a thing for boots, and always look for shoes like these, never find a pair that fits my funky little feet (short short and tall insteps), so this was a MUST HAVE kind of thing I really need to read those books, so many peopel talk about them!
I've got those little funky feet, wide wide wide with the high instep. They look like duck feet and I could never wear shoes like those but I LOVE them so have fun with them and take a pic when you wear them. Get the books onlynifnyou can handle RACEY!!! Because they are. I'm on book three.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #109  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
I've got those little funky feet, wide wide wide with the high instep. They look like duck feet and I could never wear shoes like those but I LOVE them so have fun with them and take a pic when you wear them. Get the books onlynifnyou can handle RACEY!!! Because they are. I'm on book three.
The books are very racy! I had to analyze a book for my Women's Studies class for feminist or lack of feminist themes so I chose 50 shades. Wow did I have fun with this paper!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #110  

Holy cow, those shoes are HOT!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks and had lost a good 3-5 pds, and I don't know how I did it. I'm in maintenance, have had some splurges but not writing stuff down in a log. Have been trying to increase my walks so I think muscles are building. With all the extra skin, I'm not sure what my 'real' weight is anymore, but my scale weight was 148.6. Go figure!

Then I realized that I had forgotten to login here...

The most amazing thing happened though. My little sister and I have been estranged for several years and I missed her so much. She just emailed me that she wants to be in touch again and I cried my eyes out. This is the best news I've ever gotten, hands-down.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful, inspiring Tuesday !!!

Margaret
WOW awesome that you lost that much on maintenance!!!
Margaret, I have heard that over time excess skin can tighten up when you start excercising again, maybe that is where some of your weight loss has come from. And like they tell us during Phase 1 that our fat and tissues are moving around under our skin.
That is so amazing that you are going to reconnect with your sister!!! I wish I could have a good relationship with mine. I wish you the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Good morning everyone!!
I did my week 2 weigh-in on Sun. Down 6lbs and 2 1/2 in. So thats 14lbs and 7in in 2 weeks. Very happy. It would be nice if I could keep this pace the whole time
Having the worst TOM since my teens. Will it be like this just for the week or is it funky constantly?
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
That is a great second weigh in!! You are doing awesome, just keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymoo19 View Post
I'm new to IP, but I've been reading all of the IP related posts for weeks. I find all of you so inspirational and knowledgeable. Anyway, I had my first WI yesterday and the results were better than I could have expected! I just want to say thanks to everyone and have a great day!
You will do great, I know you will, just keep staying on program and you will be fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Margret, Great news thanks for sharing with us.
Have a great day everyone.
Today is my second full day back at work. Still on light duty, no uniform, no taking calls on the road. There will be plenty to keep me busy in the office. Paper Work makes the world slow down, and go around.
Next week I will be at Cub Scout camp with Jack. We went last year and I was so overweight and soooo slow, you walk every where. I think the walk to the chow hall was half a mile. It was brutal for me. I am looking forward to the walking this year. It will be pretty easy now.
Not sure yet how I'm going to eat there. I need to call them to see what kind of flexibility they have with meals. I'm most concerned about getting my 4 cups of veggies a day. The rest I can take care of with packets. I might just bring a cooler and my own veggies. Tuna fish could be my lean protien but I don't really want 7 days of it. I might pack some lean cold cuts, turkey breast and ham sound good.
Oh man, I always hated being on light duty! You seem to be healing up well though. You are SOOOO right paper work makes the world go round, I work in a government office and it is SO paper work oriented! I am in permanent tree ****.
I am so happy for you, not only will walking around with him make you feel proud but it will also help you lose more weight!! Dont forget you can also use some canned veggies too. It isnt the best choice, but it is better than nothing. You could also bring veggies that do well without refridgeration. Celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, jicama, sqaush stuff like that. For meats you could always have some beef jerky, there is canned turkey, shrimp, crab, etc. Do they have any fridges there at all? Maybe they would let you put some food in it. OR if they have a freezer you could bring enough cold packs to rotate them out to keep your food cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Goodmorning. Had my 4th WI last night and have lost a total of 19.2 lbs. I am so impressed with the IP diet. Having so much success, not being committed to 100% OP is not an option. Looking forward to getting my weight tracker. Check User CP everyday.
You are doing great, that is a great number!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

The best thing about those shoes is there is nothing practical about them! What a great reward!

I'm feeling frustrated too, but I'm at one of those spots that's hard for me to get past both physically and mentally. So I will focus on going until the end of August with IP and not worry about the four or five WIs in between. The scale has gotta move sometime, and the small losses do add up to big losses if you don't let them derail you.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #113  
Started IP 5/17/12

S/C/G: 196 Started [email protected]/156.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have been on phase one for 63 weeks now. You are in Phase 1 until you reach your goal 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
GGee, 10 weeks seems like a drop in the bucket to me. I've been on Phase 1 for just over 6 months now and now I have probably another 4 or 5 months before I phase off. Some people go to phase 2 and 3 for vacations and then come back on. The Daily Chat thread will have all different levels of people, but most are on phase 1.

Margaret - so glad things continue working your way, weight loss, family. Both are so important in our lives.

guttergirl9 - Estrogen is stored in fat. You're burning fat and the estrogen is being released. As you know, that is a primary hormone for TOM. Lots more means an intensified TOM, unfortunately. They may also become sporadic, closer together, longer. All those things you don't want to hear. Just keep in mind it means you're losing.

missymoo19 -

shathom - good luck on the WI

IPdivajen - you're doing so fabulous. I am jealous. Wish I was younger to loose more each week. Keep it up. I'm rooting for your 100# mark.

Kaypix - you and and your cousins are in my thoughts and prayers.

rainbowsmiles
- glad to see your smiling face on even though you're traveling. Hope all goes well. Good news on the kale chips. Always wondered, but can't keep from eating them immediately. Be safe and return to us and your recipe thread soon.

Dakin - good to see you again and hear of your success while in maintenance and to also hear how well the program supports you even after a splurge. Keep in touch with us.

Blueskywyoming - not being committed to 100% OP is not an option. That's a motto we all need to have. Way to go.

I'm at home the rest of the week. My podiatrist has me in an inflatable boot until he sees me Friday to reassess the pain in my foot (already have major problems with my feet). This will be boring. I can't get around much. DH is working nights, so he is in bed asleep during the day (no company there). I've got to come up with something to keep me busy while sitting all day. UGH. The boot is not real comfortable on top of all of that.

Okay, done venting. I'll read the forum. That's always a pick me up. Thanks all for being there.

Molly
It is good to know that you can be on phase 2 until you reach your goal. Silly me, I thought I was the only one...It does put time in perspective for me. And your stories make me feel like my goals are possible. THANKS!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #114  
Started IP 5/17/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Ive been on phase 1 for 4 months..and will be one phase 1 until i hit goal and then go to phase 2 ,thats what my coach says.
Thanks for the info. I guess I can do it! LOL
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #115  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well i did it... I survived a horrible day...My day is ending with a headache but at least im still 100% OP... My DH reminded me that its possible TOM could be lurking around the corner hence why im seeing a little gain...Your'e right friends, I need to give my scale back to him...I was only supposed to look once..and instead ive looked 3 days in a row...but no more scale...

The only thing that really kept me going OP today, was that i was thinking about this wedding i have to go to for his sister who is getting married and the only thing i could think of was "oh crap, they are all expecting me to look smaller cause i told them about the 90 day challenge"...So not wanting to be humiliated or put to shame..i stayed OP and ive picked myself up and dusted myself off and am moving forward still...

Here is to another day OP!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #116  
Started IP 5/17/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Good afternoon all

Down another 2 lbs today! That means I am only 2 lbs from goal, and my coach is starting me on phase 2 tomorrow!

I am excited to see the end of it and it's weird to think that I actually made it to goal, I thought 160 lbs was pretty unrealistic for me when I started since I had no idea it worked so well and had not known of anyone who succeeded. Joining the forum gave me hope though!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck to all the WIs today!
Congratulations!! Your story is amazing!! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #117  
Started IP 5/17/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
So I waited until I looked good to get my reward, 25 wasn't as noticeable as 30, so here's my reward, new sexay shoes (ya know, to go with the assess chaps!)

I also have a really short skirt from years ago that will be coming on this trip, gonna be awesome!!!
NICE SHOES!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #118  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/164/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

Howdy IPeeps! Long day, just catching up on the daily. So I missed last WI, I am thinking I will make goal this Fri, but am flip-flopping on doing 1 more Phase 1 week, as I have business travel on what would be my first P3 week and don't want to try and throw that into travel mix. We will see...well, goodnight folks!

Sewmam what a wonderful update with your sister!

Kaypix Prayers to your cousins family. And so wonderful to really help them out when they are in need, not just making the empty gesture. You sooooo deserve those sexy shoes!!!

kmc1021 congrats on making it to the half way point! And seriously the clothing budget is super stretched...especially at the end! And it gets so fun to shop!!! The hidden cost of IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Have been busy having roasted vegetable soup at lunch - mixed w/ water, oil, salt and pepper. Then have my packet - which for me is usually a chocolate shake 2 hours later. This timing helps me feel fuller throughout the afternoon. Late afternoon snack is either celery, dill pickle or cukes w/ EVOO.
I love me the roasted veggie purees at lunch! It is so filling and delicious! I am doing a roasted pepper this week, spicy and living it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good news, NSV to share... even though I'm in maintenance now and not actively losing, my body continues to change! My obliques and stomach are becoming flatter and leaner, even though the scale is staying the same. Amazing! I finally broke down an bought new jeans! Can't wait to wear them!
This is great news to hear! I am getting close to the end and am crossing my fingers for more body composition improvements in maintenance. I have been holding back on clothing purchases, but am starting to let loose a little more as I literally have nothing left I fit in. Still wondering if I can get 'smaller' without a big scale movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm at home the rest of the week. My podiatrist has me in an inflatable boot until he sees me Friday to reassess the pain in my foot (already have major problems with my feet). This will be boring. I can't get around much. DH is working nights, so he is in bed asleep during the day (no company there). I've got to come up with something to keep me busy while sitting all day. UGH. The boot is not real comfortable on top of all of that.
Sorry to hear about your foot, but on the bright side (for me and the rest of IP-3FC) you will have more time to post your yummy recipe collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Well I survived day one of 100% IP. It was pretty good most of the day except I just got more and more nauseous as the day went on to the point I only had two of the protein shakes instead of three. I felt so horrible by the time I was climbing into bed, I was sick to my stomach, weak, and had a terrible headache. I woke up this morning with a headache but I definitely don't have the nauseous feeling like yesterday, it's still there a little bit but not nearly as bad. I see now how you lose weight on this diet, you just don't want to eat anything!! Just kidding!!
Remember how miserable you feel now, because if you cheat and have to get back in ketosis you will go through this All. Over. Again. The first few days suck for sure, but you only need to go through it once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
all packed and heading home!!! H.O.M.E. ... such a lovely word!!!!
hugssssss
I missed you! Glad you made it back home, safe and snugly!

Quote:
Down another 2 lbs today! That means I am only 2 lbs from goal, and my coach is starting me on phase 2 tomorrow!

I am excited to see the end of it and it's weird to think that I actually made it to goal, I thought 160 lbs was pretty unrealistic for me when I started since I had no idea it worked so well and had not known of anyone who succeeded. Joining the forum gave me hope though!:
So exciting! I too was sooooo skeptical when I started, thought I would be lucky to hit 185lb/size 12...those were my goal pants, and they seemed so tiny and far fetched. Now I have my size one goal pants waiting for me to put on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
Hope you start to feel better soon! Rest and let your body heal, naps are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Quick rant: I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry
today.I'm so hungry today.
This was me a few days ago...still get the random hungries, but they usually mean a whoosh is imminent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb2012 View Post
My questions for you crispy rice pancake eaters: Does eating the pancakes stall your weight loss? Am I getting too many carbs by eating the pancakes in addition to a restricted?
I have Crispy Cereal pancakes every weekend, so can't really contribute on the daily consumption effect, since they are my treat on Sat & Sun, but I don't notice any crazy fluctuations during home WI monitoring. I have been thinking of trying out the omelet packet made into mock French toast w/shredded zucchini (finnsteven thread recipe) to save a few carbs...I don't usually micromanage my IPs & veggies, but am finding myself tightening up ship now that I am so close to the end.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Lost 2 more lbs at WI woohoo!!
That is great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Kaypix, it's so kind of you to go help out your family. I used to be a special ed teacher.. and I know how difficult it can be.

Margaret, great news on reconnecting with your sister.. reminds me that it's never too late. <3

Why does it feel like onederland is so close but SOOOOO far away?!?! Hovering around 200.8 here.. Starting to think my scale doesn't go down passed 200.. lol I think i will literally jump for joy when it does.

Started working out more- walking, taking some classes here and now at my friends' gyms. And most importantly, cleared off the ole treadmill. Trying to get into the habit of getting on that thing for 15-20 min each day, ideally first thing in the morning. But that depends on if the baby cooperates. I am adding in a few minutes of jogging and I love it. I never thought I would run again.. Now, not only do I think it is possible, it's probable. My goal is to run in a 5k. Hope everyone has a good day!!
You are SOOOOO close, just keep going! You can do it! You have done SO awesome!
I am starting up some excercising now too, I am going to buy a stabalization ball, and hopefully it will work. I totally understand about your time being taken up with kids lol WE CAN DO IT!!
Quote:
Good afternoon all

I am excited to see the end of it and it's weird to think that I actually made it to goal, I thought 160 lbs was pretty unrealistic for me when I started since I had no idea it worked so well and had not known of anyone who succeeded. Joining the forum gave me hope though!

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck to all the WIs today!
Way to go!! I am with ya on believing that you are at goal, I just started Phase 2 last week. We are going to rock this though!
Quote:
Sorry if I am a downer to anyone, but I am having a hard day. I am sure it is just my recovery, but I feel so awful. I am so dizzy and light headded for the last 2 days. I just feel like sleeping. I am not having any more pain which is good, so it isn't the medicine. Think I will go take a nap and see if this feeling goes away. I am ready to feel good again!!
You are never a downer, this is where you can come to vent, we are here for you! Your body just suffered a major blow and it it going to take time for you to recover. After both of my c-sections it took a long time to feel better. I am glad to hear you are feeling so much pain anymore, that can make the whole thing even worse. Make sure to get the rest that you need. Your body is telling you that it needs time to heal and if you do that best sleeping then that is what you should do. Hang in there, this wont last forever and it does get better. Remember we are here for you. I live just minutes away, is there anything I can do? Bring you a Phase 1 already prepared piping hot meal? Keep you company? Help with your house stuff? You just let me know, I can help you. HUGS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Quick rant: I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.I'm so hungry today.
OMG I have been having a hungry day today too!!! I am hoping that it means I am losing! Hang in there!! We can do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Good afternoon everyone! It sounds like it has been a great day for both scale and non scale victories today! Congrats to all of you!

I am down 3 more pounds this week for a total of 17 in one month!! I am very happy with my results
WOOOOO HOOOO!! You are doing awesom!!! Keep it up and you will see goal in no time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I haven't seen Cadu or Darralyn for awhile - I miss them - are things okay? I evidently missed something.
I must have missed something too.... I hope everything is ok
Quote:
GO BUY SOME PANTS THAT FIT!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Phase 3 is awesome. I love breakfast and look forward to it every day. I am not looking forward to going back to phase 1.
I definitely thought about buying myself a pair... The first reason I didnt was I am tall and it is hard to find pants that are long enough for me here in town. The second reason is I am strapped for cash right now. Being on the IP program and planning a wedding and getting the kids geared up for back to school AND them having birthdays two months in a row, and, and, and, lol I am just going to march my butt into the bedroom and try on clothes until I find something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Hello all! I've been lurking a lot lately but staying 100%OP ! Today at WI I broke the 5-0 mark. Lost -54lbs! So excited and ready for the next 50! Thanks for all the support and continued reading
WOWWWW! You are awesome!! You didnt just hit the fifty pound mark you blew it right out of th water
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Hey ya'll!! I had a WI today! I was not too happy with the number, but so happy it is going down!! I lost 2.8 today. I know it is a decent loss and I am okay with it now!! I am officially half way to goal as of today!! (well, technically I have .1 to lose, but my scale goes by .2's so this is close enough!!)

NSV, I started in-service last week and two weeks ago I bought new work clothes since I did not have a single pair of pants or a single shirt. TWO WEEKS AGO. Well today I am happy yet sad to say that the pants are almost too big. It is an awesome problem to have, except I can't afford to keep buying new clothes!!
2.8 pounds is a really good WI, I'm glad to see you posting again, missed hearing from ya It is bitter sweet realising that your clothes are getting lose lol I feel for ya on that one! BUT it is for sure a positive thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
Had a great WI -4 for a total of 14# in 4 weeks.
4 pounds on week four?!?!?! You are doing great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well i did it... I survived a horrible day...My day is ending with a headache but at least im still 100% OP... My DH reminded me that its possible TOM could be lurking around the corner hence why im seeing a little gain...Your'e right friends, I need to give my scale back to him...I was only supposed to look once..and instead ive looked 3 days in a row...but no more scale...

The only thing that really kept me going OP today, was that i was thinking about this wedding i have to go to for his sister who is getting married and the only thing i could think of was "oh crap, they are all expecting me to look smaller cause i told them about the 90 day challenge"...So not wanting to be humiliated or put to shame..i stayed OP and ive picked myself up and dusted myself off and am moving forward still...

Here is to another day OP!
I am so happy to see this post from you! I am proud of you for making it through the day, you've got one smart hubby If the wedding is your motivation use it! Make sure to find something else to motivate you once the wedding is past. Have I said how proud of you I am?? Right around week 6 or 7 I remember having a really hard week. I was just ready to give up and I felt really deprived. You just got to power through it. YOU CAN DO THIS
Closed Thread