Here's my day: Almost always:
Shakes are EAS AdvantEdge Low Carb 4 carbs, 1 fiber, 0 sugar and 100 calories

9AM: 1 shake
1 vitamin and 1 potassium/cal

11AM: salad
Noon: 1 shake
1PM: 2 cups veggies
2PM: Salad
4PM: 1 cucumber (small with WF dressing)
6PM 8 oz meat (usually chicken, shrimp, or 95% ground round)
1.5 cups veggies
1 vitamin and 2 cal-mag
8PM: cucumber again
10PM: 1 shake and 2 cal-mag

Thats it. 2 times a week I add in the tofu noodles with dinner, 8oz, 40 cal, 3 carbs no sugars

I drink only water. And I mean nothing but water.
So in keeping with the program, I can nothing else to add to this....I don't even have rutabaga as its higher in calories and sugars...I stick with spinach, collard, swiss chard...all very low in calories and carbs.

Thus, I am hungry almost always....except dinner. OMG I do look forward to dinner! Its like a game everyday...trying to reach dinner alive...haha! Once I have dinner, evenings are A-OK till I go to bed around midnight.

Cheers!
Jake
Are you getting in the salt & oil? The salt should help with the dizziness and the oil might help with the hunger.

I see that you split up lunch to eat hourly from 11 to 2. Since you've been dieting for quite a while, does it help to try to space that a little differently? Maybe have more food at 11 and try to space the food two hours apart? Since you are so carb sensitive, you might be getting some kind of insulin response that is keeping you hungry.

Also, consider having the extra IP or equivalent that Hyrysk suggested, maybe at 2p with the salad OR add one hard boiled egg or two egg whites with that salad.

Some have posted that they have had better success with having fattier meats more frequently. Posters seem to be evenly split on eating every two hours or trying to keep 4 to 5 hours between meals.

Also, at tonight's seminar, the expected calorie count has gone from 850 to 1000 calories (this would be due to changes from the previous 5-8 oz to the current 8 oz of meat). There was no explanation of why it was changed and I forgot to ask.

Are you having lean mass measured? That rate of loss of lean mass expected is up to 1lb lean to every 3 lbs of fat (I misquoted that on a different thread). If you are exceeding that, definitely consider adding protein somewhere in some form (turkey jerky, eggs, another shake).

Must be nice to finally kickstart things from your Atkins plateau.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #17  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Morning Infoplease!

Yes, I get my sea salt in split between lunch & dinner...and I ALWAYS get my oil in...cannot imagine a day of not using the EVOO! haha!

I agree, and was going to move around my 11-2pm schedule...was thinking more as you suggested...will try that for a week and see if my body likes it any better...THANKS!

Fattier meats...I know that me and USMCVET would not mind a nice juicy RIB EYE!!! haha!

Have a wonderful day!
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote