MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 2 of 30
Go to
  • Wow rainbow!!! These all look Devine!!!!
  • Quote: ~~~ STACKED SUMMER VEGETABLE SALAD~~~
    Would you put a plate on this sorta like you do for bread pudding or do you think that would squish it down too much? This looks amazing. Everything in here does. Thank you.
  • Quote: Oh yum!
    They don't carry the IP puree in Costa Rica though :'(
    yeah, i had to order mine online....maybe you could too??

Quote: Yummmy! Those look awesome, can't wait to try this recipe. I'm going to try it with salmon, as I can get my whole family to eat those
    salmon would be awesome too!!!

Quote: Oh my! I cannot wait to try some of these!
    i love to cook!!! don't you just love IP....if you want something bad enough, you can find a way to create it! haha

Quote: Wow rainbow!!! These all look Devine!!!!
    awwww thanks mompattie!!!!

Quote: Would you put a plate on this sorta like you do for bread pudding or do you think that would squish it down too much? This looks amazing. Everything in here does. Thank you.
    i didn't need anything to press on it, it all held together just fine and was easy to slice and serve. i put toothpicks in the snacker stackers because they were cut about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches, so they all came apart without a pick. But serving a regular serving was just fine for me.
  • Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! These recipes are amazing! DH already loves the "new" way I cook, but just wait til he sees some of these on the dinner table!!
  • Thank you Rainbowsmiles, these are wonderful! Your creativity gets me excited about cooking! I love this eating plan!
  • Oh my!!!! Those crab cakes look awesome!!! Will definitely have to try some of these. thank you for posting them.
  • Quote: Oh yum!
    They don't carry the IP puree in Costa Rica though :'(
    Try using the chicken soup...
  • Rhubarb Gingerscotch Whoopie Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOoooo MY!!!!

i stumbled across an IP approved recipe for oatmeal cookies here:

http://idealweightacadiana.com/recipes/snack-recipes

so i thought i might give them a try~

then i stumbled across this recipe for rhubarb cookies!!

http://ourladyofsecondhelpings.com/2...tmeal-cookies/

so i thought hmmmm..... and my results were what i am calling:

RHUBARB GINGERSCOTCH WHOOPIE PIES!!!

1/2 cup rhubarb, (diced in 1/2 inch or smaller pieces) tossed with 1 tablespoon stevia

this is what i used:

IP packets

Bobs Red Mill Rolled Oatmeal

1 package Ideal oatmeal
    1 package Ideal butterscotch pudding
    1/8 cup rolled oats
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    sprinkle cinnamon to taste
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp ginger from the tube

one egg white, slightly whipped
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tbsp almond roca SF syrup
    * If needed…enough water to get a cookie dough texture (i used 1/2 cup)

Toss rhubarb with stevia to coat and let sit while making the cookie batter.

Combine dry ingredients. Once all dry ingredients have been well mixed stir in the egg white, vanilla, almond roca syrup and rhubarb pieces and any juices from the rhubarb.
    then add water to get cookie dough texture. i ended up using 1/2 cup water.

Spray your cookie sheet pan lightly olive oil Pam spray and place 12 cookies on sheet. I rolled them into little balls and then flattened them slightly using my fingertips...i dipped my fingertips into water to keep them from sticking to the cookie dough!!

Bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes or desired degree of moisture. Test center of cookie with toothpick to see if baked.
    Allow cookies to cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

you can eat them like this....6 cookies = 1 serving....

OR

be a devil like me and make whoopie pies using this:

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

• Quote: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! These recipes are amazing! DH already loves the "new" way I cook, but just wait til he sees some of these on the dinner table!!
    you're welcome and good luck!!! let me know if he liked them!!

Quote: Thank you Rainbowsmiles, these are wonderful! Your creativity gets me excited about cooking! I love this eating plan!
    i do love to cook!!! isn't this the greatest program when you can re-do a recipe to make it IP legal!!! woot woot!!

Quote: Oh my!!!! Those crab cakes look awesome!!! Will definitely have to try some of these. thank you for posting them.
    the crab cakes are AMAZING!!!! making them again 2nite!!

Quote: Try using the chicken soup...
    great idea!!!!
  • YUM, Rainbow!
  • Quote: YUM, Rainbow!
    thanks beck!! my grandsons are here for the week, so they wanted cookies!! i had to get creative!!! hahaha there are NO chocolate chips in this house so rhubarb worked like a charm!!! heehee
  • Thanks for posting these YOUMMY recipes!!! I'm going to make the crab cakes tonight. Going to double the recipe and make some for my road trip tomorrow. Can't wait!!!
  • Oh my goodness!! Those Crab Cakes look AMAZING!! But I don't have the potato puree... I saw someone mention using the chicken soup mix.... anyone tried it this way?

• Quote: thanks beck!! my grandsons are here for the week, so they wanted cookies!! i had to get creative!!! hahaha there are NO chocolate chips in this house so rhubarb worked like a charm!!! heehee
    I made homemade chocolate chip cookies last night for my son and nephew, now I need to make some rhubarb ones for me!
  • Love this thread! The pictures are so fun! Keep up the good work!