Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #91  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default OK, so here is what I am finding:

Afternoon All! OK, so here is what is happening so far with my IP Adventure. In the morning, I have a coffee on the way to work (I am still using half and half but am working to reduce it). Get to work at 7:30 and have a bottle of water. About 10:30 I am hungry, so I have my choc shake. About 1:30-2:00, hungry for lunch so I have a huge salad of lettuce, with about 1-2 cups of other veggies. FULL. Don't want to drink another shake. Now it's 3:30, and I won't be home from work till at least 5:30.

The past 2 days I've been having that "lunch" shake at about now, right beofre my commute home. Dinner is at around 7:30; snack I take at around 11. I go to bed late, like 1 (don't ask).

Is this OK to do? Essentially I am splitting my lunch "IP product + 2c + unlimited lettuce" into 2 separate eatings, just want to know if that is OK to do.

Thanks! I love this group!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #92  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Afternoon All! OK, so here is what is happening so far with my IP Adventure. In the morning, I have a coffee on the way to work (I am still using half and half but am working to reduce it). Get to work at 7:30 and have a bottle of water. About 10:30 I am hungry, so I have my choc shake. About 1:30-2:00, hungry for lunch so I have a huge salad of lettuce, with about 1-2 cups of other veggies. FULL. Don't want to drink another shake. Now it's 3:30, and I won't be home from work till at least 5:30.

The past 2 days I've been having that "lunch" shake at about now, right beofre my commute home. Dinner is at around 7:30; snack I take at around 11. I go to bed late, like 1 (don't ask).

Is this OK to do? Essentially I am splitting my lunch "IP product + 2c + unlimited lettuce" into 2 separate eatings, just want to know if that is OK to do.

Thanks! I love this group!
You should be fine, as long as you are getting your 4 cups of veggies and your 3 IP packets in for the day.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #93  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon Everyone...

Just poppin in to say hi. Im too exhausted to say much else. Ive been up now for the third night in a row with my 2 year old DD ...She is sick with a cold and she gets quite clingy to the point where she has to sleep in my bed...Of course i dont sleep when she sleeps in my bed because im too worried about her rolling off the edge...So...i wait up all night for her to fall asleep so i can put her back into her crib...I tried doing that three times last night..Finally at about 4 something in the morning i managed to get her into her crib without her waking up. Of course by that time i was feeling so sick from feeling so exhausted from the lack of sleep that im barely functioning today...and DH ..poor DH has to work today and he had to sleep on the couch because he cant sleep in the same bed as DD because he doesnt sleep either...So overall a sleepless night..

Just wanted to post however to say im alive and i will peruse the forum later this evening when i have some time.
Congrats to all the successful weigh in's!!!

PS: Congrats to Wuv on her new job!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #94  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
don't beat your self up over the cheat just go back to plan and figure out what you can do next time you find yourself in this position. you are doing great if this is the only cheat you have had with teenagers around.
i know i have boys constantly at my house eating everything i would like.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am wondering if I could have just had a 4th packet so I could have at least had something. I genuinely was hungry. Just wondering.

Thanks, again, for your kind words.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #95  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Why Soy Patty?

I just tried my first soy patty. Not bad, I doctored it up with taco spices and cooked it like ground beef to make a "taco" salad

It was OK, but not as good as hamburger. Then I looked at the Stats.

Cal 120, Carbs 2, Protein 18, fat 2

compareed to 1/4 lb 96/4 hamburger

Cal 142, Carbs 0, Protein 23, fat 5

Better taste, higher protein, lower carb (and 30% of the cost). Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use the hamberger instead? I am not looking to rationalize, just to get a grip on what makes a good meal.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Just had to share my NSV.
This morning I sucked in my gut and it MOVED! Usually I suck in my gut and it doesn't move AT ALL.....hooray for my moving-sucky-in-belly!!!!

yahoo doing the happy dance with you

Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Hola I Peeps!
Week 3 of maintenance weigh in today and.... I hit goal!!!
I truly never thought I'd see under 150 again in this lifetime!
Also, I stumbled upon a picture taken of me at a motorcycle ride last weekend, without my knowledge. I didn't recognize myself at first. I'm thinking of posting it with a before pic, but I know the jeans I was wearing were swimming on me... I think I'd like to take an "after" pic wearing the skinny new size 8's I bought yesterday. I don't really know how to post it tho..... advice is welcome. It says I need a URL... so that means it needs to be online somewhere? I put it on my school website, but it's still not showing. Help?!

Last edited by Dakin; 06-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 180.6/161.4/130

Height: 5' 3"

Today was WI 7 - down 19.2 pounds!

I know there is an exercise thread but I don't find it really helpful. After searching numerous websites, I believe I can walk for 30 minutes a day and it should help my weight loss process? I am not doing this through IP so I don't have a coach to ask.

Some people have said they do workout - can anyone please give me some advice/info??
Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'2

First weigh in today. Down 7 pounds. Good start and it has been fairly easy even though the 1st week is suppose to be most difficult. Excited to keep it going!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #100  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrihoward View Post
First weigh in today. Down 7 pounds. Good start and it has been fairly easy even though the 1st week is suppose to be most difficult. Excited to keep it going!
Fantastic job!!...congrats!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #101  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am wondering if I could have just had a 4th packet so I could have at least had something. I genuinely was hungry. Just wondering.

I know it's not the thing to do it too often, but having a 4th packet would be far preferrable to giving in to something off protocol completely. You could also make some sugar-free jello - I try to avoid the aspartame so I buy the Knox gelatin powders and flavor with a few shots of MIO. That produces a nice strongly flavored jello. Or have some dill pickles... or some boiled egg whites... or drink a couple of cups of hot tea and see if the hunger passes.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post

a fourth packet would have been fine, my coach has given me extra just in case i have the urge to splurge.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hi there everyone. I'm feeling pretty excited today. I go for my first weigh in this afternoon. Last Wednesday I went for my initial consultation, it was in the afternoon and she weighed me with my clothes on (minus everything in pockets and shoes) and I was 188.5. This morning, right out of the shower, with way less on I weighed 176.4! So, this first WI looks pretty promising.

I can't wait to get my measurements back. The yucky belly in front of me doesn't look that much different, but it sure feels different.
JW,
WELCOME to our forum! Looks like you are off to a wonderful start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
WI #6 - lost 2 pounds, but only .75 of an inch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy folks - I went to my coach's Phase3/4 workshop last night and am feeling so IP reenergized! She had a Phase1 workshop 2 weeks ago I also attended as a refresher, so it was nice to get the information reinforcement.

Maybe it's the engineer/scientist in me but I like that she explains the biological elements (albeit in a simpler language) of what IP entails regarding glucogenesis and the insulin/glucagon balance (or imbalance) and how it affects fat burning & storage. She also did a good job explaining how the body taps into energy, etc. Especially useful with all the exercise talk and how the body can start burning muscle when needed. Information on pancreas functioning/resting and how the liver is involved with ketosis as well as explaining the enzymatic 'machinery' our body rebuilds as we start up ketosis - also how/why some folks seem to have a harder time than others (some folks do seem to 'drag' out the misery of getting into ketosis that others only have 3-5 days of - insulin resistance).

She also explained how each Phase is designed to focus on a specific 'goal' (1-weight loss, 2-increase calories, 3-introduce carbs&fats/build glycogen stores, 4-maintenance). And also stressed the importance of staying On Plan for each Phase, also why the change from Phase 1 to 90% was made to Phase 1 to 100% goal. And of course, the meal plans for Phase 3 and Phase 4 were covered (and given handouts). I'm not there yet, but it's looking like I'll be approaching goal within a few weeks, so I always want to be prepared!
Liz, You referenced a wonderful list of ideas/concepts that your coach reviewed. Do you think you could pull out the top 3-4 that would be most beneficial to us and let us know exactly what was the info she gave regarding that item? I know it would take time, so if you can't, I completely understand. Wish I was there...did she mention if any of this is also on You Tube? (then maybe the rest of use could see some of it).

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #104  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Today was WI 7 - down 19.2 pounds!

I know there is an exercise thread but I don't find it really helpful. After searching numerous websites, I believe I can walk for 30 minutes a day and it should help my weight loss process? I am not doing this through IP so I don't have a coach to ask.

Some people have said they do workout - can anyone please give me some advice/info??
It depends on the person. Every week I have tried to exercise, walking or weights, it has caused me to have a 0 loss for 2 weeks. I do much better on the weeks I don't exercise at all. I really miss it, but I want to reach my goal sooner than later!!! You should try it and see how you feel and how your losses go. Then adjust as needed.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #105  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Has anyone tried to be creative with protein powder? Can you make pancakes or anything out of the EAS or any of those alternative powders people use?
Closed Thread