Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Congrts drakegirl!!! I don't know that i have your resolve! Good luck with your journey!
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #17  
- 15lbs and counting!

S/C/G: 183.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Okay - I'll be the first one to admit that this is a totally shameless "I want acknowledgement" post but you guys are the only ones who really understand the week I've had - so I wanted to share:

The day before Father's Day, I was out of town at my parents and my husband called (from home) to tell me his father was doing very poorly, so I immediately got in the car and headed for home, not knowing when things were going to happen. On the way, I called my coach and told him that I wasn't going to have enough food, (and by the time I got back into town, the office would be closed) so he left food for me that I went to go pick up. By that evening, his father had passed and we were on the road again to Iowa. (a 14 hour drive) Throughout the week his family (his mom is passed too, but he has a big family) spent wonderful time together, surrounded by food, chips, alcohol, and I stayed OP the whole time, running out to find my lean protein, and passing on food during the lunch after the funeral. I missed my WI yesterday but according to my scale at home, I've finally hit One-derland. It's been such a long week and I'm so exhausted, but I learned that no matter what the situation, I can still be in control of what I put in my mouth - this is huge for me, because in the past, I wouldn't have wanted to "be a bother" but I wasn't willing to make what was a rough time for us all also become a reason to sabotage my progress. Believe me, I know this past week wasn't about me, but at the same time, I know you guys would understand my specific challenges in it all.
I'd love to hear other stories about challenging times and how you made it through.
Have a great Sunday
You are AMAZING. To be in an emotional and stressful situation and STILL stay in control is incredible. That would have been the ideal excuse to fall off - and look at you! ONE-derland!!!!!! YAY!
sangria12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #18  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

You are truly a Wonder Woman. I am really impressed at the strength you showed, being there for your husband losing his father, his family, and dealing with your own emotions...and staying OP, you were there for yourself. You have really shown that with the commitment and mind set, it can be done. You deserve a Huge mug cake!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #19  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Go you!
My mum told me I was her hero the other day lol because I was eating celery sticks while they had nachos and lots of yummy stuff.
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Drakegirl, I am so sorry to read of your family's loss. You did a great job though, of sticking to your goal. In the face of losing control of many aspects of your life, you took control of your body and your food choices, what an inspiration!

Love the oxygen mask analogy.
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YOU are in it to WIN IT....You stayed focused even though you had all of that going on. Its determination like this that will get you to your goal. Sorry for your losses and a very BIG pat on the back for looking out for yourself. It is only YOU who can look out for you, I have always said YOU are the ONLY one who controls what you put in your mouth, If you are committed you will over come. You my friend are committed, determined and have strong will power, YOU GOT THIS!
From YOU Wuv, that means EVERYTHING! Thanks!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone!! Your comments made me cry - but in a good way! (It's been a STRESSFUL week!) You are all THE BEST!!!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 216/213/140

Height: 5'4

This was a good post for me to read, I have only been on IP for a week and last night I fell off the wagon while on a road trip. I made lots of excuses and justifications for it and bottom line is i need to put my big girl panties on and follow the program regardless of where I am and what we are doing. Congrats on what you accomplishd and I am sorry for your family's loss
fatathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #24  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
From YOU Wuv, that means EVERYTHING! Thanks!
You are welcome
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Love the name, Drakegirl! I grew up in DsM and WDsM, love the area. I am sorry to hear about the loss to your family. Kudos to you for still making yourself a priority and realizing that it is still easy to stay OP, just maybe not as easy. It paid off. Congrats on making it to Onderland!!
redmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote