Old 06-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

P.S. I did a little cleanup as well so this thread should be back to its purpose of being a support thread.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
Not sure how to PM
It is a setting that allows private messages thru the 3FC site.
You currently have it set so that you cannot receive them. It is under User CP.
Edit Options. Messaging & Notifications. The check the box that allows private messaging, if you would like to receive them.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #33  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
So funny! I decided to actually name this the BOP (Broke on Plan) thread. LOL.

This thread is for folks doing the Ideal Protein diet without alternatives. We support all weight loss efforts, no matter what your program, but this thread is for folks who really need the support of being 100% on plan.

If you're doing Ideal Protein 100% please join us. We'd love to have you on board!

~ Amanda

My current stats: 16 pounds in 18 days. I love IP!
Hi

On my 4th week of Total IP Products.... Love your thread, looking forward to "speaking" with all of you.

Have a great day everyone!!
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm in my fourth week at 100% BOP. I've read all the alternative reviews, but to me I feel like I'd mess up somewhere. Plus, my coach is on top of my meals and log sheet so I can't add non-IP foods in there without probably being confronted.

I love this program, but I am expecting my TOM this week and am mentally bracing for no weight loss until next week possibly. Keep up the good work everyone!
chicagoboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 227/224/175

Height: 5' 9"

I'm on day 3 of 100% IP. I wish my guide would sell individual packets instead of boxes of 7; I love mushroom soup, but I'm not sure I want it every day! It's my first day at work on the protocol and it's not even 10am. I am so freaking hungry! I think I made a mistake by not getting an "egg" choice; I love the shakes (vanilla) but I need to bite into something! Good luck all!
MackMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Infoplease:
Just out of curiosity, how do we know that folks on alternatives are losing at the same rate as folks on IP products? Has this board ever done a side by side comparison over the long haul?

Also, if other folks are mad about my asking please don't hit me over the head. I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just curious. After all, this is an Ideal Protein site, so I'm curious if those using Ideal Protein as written are having more success.

This thread is a place for those using the products to feel safe asking these questions without getting their heads bitten off. I know alternatives are crazy popular here, but I'm really committed to the way Ideal Protein has set up and developed their products, and I really hope people don't get angry with me about it. If you are angry please don't read this thread, it will probably just tick you off.

Hi Amanda - I don't think anyone is mad about questions, that's what these forums are about, to let us give and receive support and vent out our hunger frustrations possibly, lol....I am 100% IP, however, my daughter is on alternatives because I am paying for it and can't afford both of us on IP. It is hard for me to compare weight loss between the two because she is much younger than me and has PCOS which does make losing weight more of a challenge.....I don't post alot because I don't think everyone wants to hear about my boring life, lol, but I do check in everyday because it IS a great place for support and ideas. When I have questions I usually get an answer, sometimes not, but it's ok....I know it may seem like you are being attacked but I don't think that is the case, you are very disciplined with this program and what matters is how YOU are doing OP, so keep on working it! We do live in the same area, you are a bit South of me, I live in Kent, and we do have others in the vicinity also, we should get together for IP support!
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #37  
Started IP 6-5-12

S/C/G: 280/257/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma View Post
I'm on day 3 of 100% IP. I wish my guide would sell individual packets instead of boxes of 7; I love mushroom soup, but I'm not sure I want it every day! It's my first day at work on the protocol and it's not even 10am. I am so freaking hungry! I think I made a mistake by not getting an "egg" choice; I love the shakes (vanilla) but I need to bite into something! Good luck all!
I started on the June 5th and by the 3rd day I was also really hungry. I just wanted to go get a donut, but I didn't The next day wasn't as bad and by the 5th day, I wasn't hungry.

Hang in there
softkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,

I felt bad yesterday just disappearing, but it's just a little weird for me now. It was so nice that Nellie cleaned up everything. I really wanted to PM her but I guess that doesn't kick in until after my 20 days on the site.

Listen, if anyone is interested check out my site and there is a link to a new chat room. Not to replace all the great info on 3FC but maybe where we can host the 100% BOP Club. As I said, it's just a little too weird for me here now, and I'm really not big on the alternative thing. The more I read about it the more convinced I am that you can't have an "alternative" Ideal Protein plan, and that perspective here will get me tarred and feathered...lol.

my blog is www.beyondthediets.blogspot.com and you can link into the new chat room from there.

As I said, not to replace. This is still an awesome site for IP information, I just don't feel comfortable here anymore, unfortunately (sad face).
amandasweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Hi Amanda - I don't think anyone is mad about questions, that's what these forums are about, to let us give and receive support and vent out our hunger frustrations possibly, lol....I am 100% IP, however, my daughter is on alternatives because I am paying for it and can't afford both of us on IP. It is hard for me to compare weight loss between the two because she is much younger than me and has PCOS which does make losing weight more of a challenge.....I don't post alot because I don't think everyone wants to hear about my boring life, lol, but I do check in everyday because it IS a great place for support and ideas. When I have questions I usually get an answer, sometimes not, but it's ok....I know it may seem like you are being attacked but I don't think that is the case, you are very disciplined with this program and what matters is how YOU are doing OP, so keep on working it! We do live in the same area, you are a bit South of me, I live in Kent, and we do have others in the vicinity also, we should get together for IP support!
It would be great to have a local group! Thanks for your feedback. I think I just had my feelings hurt, and unfortunately once that happens it's really hard to feel you can open up in a group again, so I came back to say bye to my ladies but I'm heading over to a small chat room I set up for folks who are only doing IP. I'm just not sure this is the right place for me. Also, I'm still so confused about the "alternative" thing that I think maybe I wouldn't have the right attitude. I think any alternative would sort of be a different thing. Still super effective probably, but still different. Ideal Protein really is all about using their products, kind of like Jenny Craig or Nutri-System (only a thousand times more effective). And it should always be under a coach or doctor because of the large calorie restriction. I'm totally fine with people doing something different, I just think they should acknowledge it's something a little different.

O.K., enough from me, I'm starting to feel bad again...lol.

Good Luck! I'm sure you're going to do amazing on program and I know you'll continue to get a ton of support here.
amandasweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #40  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Well Hello Fellow BOPers

I am on day 14 and boy the temptation to go on alternatives is there but I agree with other's sentiments. I think that going off 100%BOP for me would be disastrous. My weigh in number 2 is this afternoon and I am hoping for 7lbs for an even 20 lost in 2 weeks, but any loss at this point in my day would be fantastic.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
Just thought I'd pop in to mention that this is my second time on IP. The first time I was 100% using IP branded products. We bought a new house and when we moved, I fell off IP. That was last year.

This year I came back to IP now that things have settled down. I had leftover IP packets so I was using them the first week. Located a clinic near me which was just getting started and placed an order for the second week. My intention was to use only IP branded products - although admittedly I knew nothing at that time about alternatives. The clinic lost my order and have no inventory so orders take at least 1 week to receive, so I made an emergency order with Nashua Nutrition after devouring the Alternatives thread.

I was nervous, concerned I wouldn't lose as much. I lost exactly, to the pound, the same amount in the course of 2 months with alternatives versus IP. That was all I had done on IP, so can't speak to long term success.

IP seems to have undeniable quality and offers the counseling, so many things that others don't.

Best wishes to all for your continued success and happiness.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma View Post
Whenever I'm hungry and I have no food options, I just keep drinking water. Hang in there. It will get less and less as you continue IP
Satobb is offline   Reply With Quote