Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by softkitty View Post
I think that's a great idea Amanda. I just started and would like to converse with those that are 100% IP. I have my first weigh in tomorrow.
Have fun at your first weigh in tomorrow! I love weighing in. I do it every day because it makes me so happy now. I never thought I'd have that relationship with the scale.
amandasweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4.5"

I have my 3rd WI on Tuesday. (I'll get my exact start weight from my coach so that I can post my stats). I am 100% on IP products. Like Ng951, I am afraid to try any alternatives. Heck I am afraid to even try the restricted items. Omelets with spinach and hot sauce in the morning, soups at lunch, meat & veg for dinner and chocolate pudding around 7:30 or 8 with a cup of lemon zinger tea.
CoolChickInAFatSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolChickInAFatSuit View Post
I have my 3rd WI on Tuesday. (I'll get my exact start weight from my coach so that I can post my stats). I am 100% on IP products. Like Ng951, I am afraid to try any alternatives. Heck I am afraid to even try the restricted items. Omelets with spinach and hot sauce in the morning, soups at lunch, meat & veg for dinner and chocolate pudding around 7:30 or 8 with a cup of lemon zinger tea.
Restricted foods freak me out too. My coach told me to play around with them this time (so far so good) but we'll see how it goes long term. I'm pleasantly suprised to see the scale isn't yelling at me about it though. I don't eat one everyday like she told me too, but I do eat one most days.

I think I'm one of the few 100% product IPr's who never eats any of the savory products...lol. I love the spaghetti but I pretty much stick to all of the ready made shakes for everything else, and the hot chocolate (chocolate drink mix). I'm ridiculously boring...lol. I work full time and I'm back in school getting me degree full time, so fast and boring is just what I'm looking for right now. Another reason I love IP! It works for anyone, anywhere.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #19  
Started IP 6-5-12

S/C/G: 280/257/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
Have fun at your first weigh in tomorrow! I love weighing in. I do it every day because it makes me so happy now. I never thought I'd have that relationship with the scale.
See, I can't weigh myself daily when I'm dieting. The scale has to much control over me. I know that sounds borderline psychotic, but sadly it's true.
softkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Infoplease:
Just out of curiosity, how do we know that folks on alternatives are losing at the same rate as folks on IP products? Has this board ever done a side by side comparison over the long haul?

Also, if other folks are mad about my asking please don't hit me over the head. I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just curious. After all, this is an Ideal Protein site, so I'm curious if those using Ideal Protein as written are having more success.

This thread is a place for those using the products to feel safe asking these questions without getting their heads bitten off. I know alternatives are crazy popular here, but I'm really committed to the way Ideal Protein has set up and developed their products, and I really hope people don't get angry with me about it. If you are angry please don't read this thread, it will probably just tick you off.

Gosh, I did not mean to give the impression of being angry at all. I love the idea of this thread. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison. I use only IP products with the exception of once, and I actually switched clinics in part because they were selling both IP and an alternative and could never keep my IP favorites in stock.

There are a couple of people that post here that are at about the same height and starting weight as I am, I know they use alternatives, and their losses are actually better. They are younger, they likely use meat for their protein, and they seem like they might pick their alternatives carefully to mimic IP. I would also think, and I have no evidence, that there would be some that lose more slowly as their combination of non-IP products and missing support might create a misstep or two.

I'd like for IP to keep the quality of the products high, and I get disappointed when I see some of the restricteds that really are identical to products elsewhere (the choco soy puffs and the strawberry wafers--available in other flavors but the same stuff). It's kind of funny because I think the Chicken a la King Pottage is an interesting veer off into pea protein and the like, yet the next product was the strawberry wafers, which are fabulous tasting, but not as special in the ingredients list.

I often wonder how proprietary IP is. On the one hand, Dr Tran's site and free e-book pretty much give away the entire program. On the other hand, the cost of the products pay for the Phase sheets and other IP information sheets (plus the cost of coaching and retail space).

I have been extremely happy with my (slow but steady) progress on IP and how easy the diet has been to stay on. The phase that I have always messed up is Maintenance, so that will be the true test for me. The biggest appeal of IP rather than alternatives is the information. The information I get includes written documents on a variety of topics plus a daily coaching video and these go well beyond the standard nutrition information of the many other programs I have lost weight using.

I agree that the IP set up seems to be superior to other weigh loss programs I have tried (Nutrisystem, Diet Center, Metabolic Research, Weight Watchers). I find the changes from Phase 1 to 80%, then 90% and now 100% of weight loss to be fascinating. I also think Phase 2 is important as it bumps up the calories a little bit to teach the body that it can handle them, prior to the further increase at the "waking up the pancreas stage" of Phase 3. It's Phase 4 that will make it or break it for me.

I look forward to what topics come up for discussion in this thread and for seeing some great losses for you.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Gosh, I did not mean to give the impression of being angry at all. I love the idea of this thread. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison. I use only IP products with the exception of once, and I actually switched clinics in part because they were selling both IP and an alternative and could never keep my IP favorites in stock.
Sometimes this is like email. Completely wrong sentiments are sent. I didn't at all think you were angry, so sorry for the confusion. I've just had people get really annoyed with me if I say anything about alternatives and I wanted to avoid other folks who might comment being negative on here.

So glad your joining our little group. I think I just get a little confused about the whole idea of "alternatives". Ideal Protein to me is like doing Jenny Craig, or any other structured program, I'm not sure you can do it "alternatively". There are a lot of diets out there that focus on protein and will put you in to ketosis, but if you are doing "Ideal Protein" I think that means your doing the diet as it's set up...food included. I just think it's a little weird that those of us not using alternatives on the "Ideal Protein Chat Board" seem to be the minority. Confusing to me, and I'm sure it's confusing to a lot of newbies.

I'm just really excited to have a group that I can chat with who are doing the program as written. I don't know why, but it makes a difference to me. I'm putting a lot of time and money into this (and no, I'm not rich) and I've had to sacrifice things in order to be able to afford it. I guess it's just nice to know other people are approaching the protocol the same way.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by softkitty View Post
See, I can't weigh myself daily when I'm dieting. The scale has to much control over me. I know that sounds borderline psychotic, but sadly it's true.
I completely understand! You should do whatever works for you, motivates you, and makes you happy. One day, hopefully, the scale will just be a tool for all of us and not the monster in the closet. Bad Monster
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #23  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
No problem! Glad to meet other folks going "Broke on Plan" LOL

Maybe that's what I should call the thread the BOP Club
Perfect name!!
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #24  

[QUOTE=amandasweet;4366490]Sometimes this is like email. Completely wrong sentiments are sent.

Phew. And, yes, I have the same problem with email.

I think it speaks volumes to the simplicity of the diet that so many are able to do something similar using alternatives, but I'm a purist, too. And when I started reading, I also would find it confusing when someone was using alternatives. I mixed that up with the Alternative Protocol for the longest time.

One thing the Board did do was convince me to go to a clinic. This came from the posting of the different phases first, and then all the great threads.

It will be nice to have one thread to look at to compare coaching advice, talk about new products, vent and celebrate.

By the way, I am also not that into the savory items at all. Chocolate Drink Mix is my "go to", with Vanilla Pudding and Chocolate Soy Puffs rounding out the mix.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #25  

Default Ideal Protein BOP #1

So funny! I decided to actually name this the BOP (Broke on Plan) thread. LOL.

This thread is for folks doing the Ideal Protein diet without alternatives. We support all weight loss efforts, no matter what your program, but this thread is for folks who really need the support of being 100% on plan.

If you're doing Ideal Protein 100% please join us. We'd love to have you on board!

~ Amanda

My current stats: 16 pounds in 18 days. I love IP!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #26  

Quote:
Not sure if you got my latest post. Pretty much just got the impression my starting this thread was a big no no. The 100% folks weren't happy. Maybe I can start it in the general diet area. Let me go and check.
Our posts crossed.
I tried to PM you.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #27  

What a crazy day!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #28  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

This is a public forum, you can post a New thread as long as it doesn't break the rules. Posting a separate thread doesn't break the rules but I can understand it can be confusing to have 2 100% threads. I originally moved your other thread but merged and renamed. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Our posts crossed.
I tried to PM you.
Not sure how to PM
Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #30  

Well, it does't look like I can start my own thread, and I can't figure out how to PM. Sorry guys. Good luck though. Keep it real and 100% OP