Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Thanks everyone! I have been taking supplements/oil/salt etc. and definitely not eating any veggie products that are made with beans or grains or breaded. But I am having a hard time figuring out if an ounce of chickUN = an ounce of real chicken.. kikig3, do you know of any sites that compare products that you can recommend? I have not waited more than 6 hours to eat.. but today, I had to wait 5 hours inbetween breakfast and lunch.. and I was moving around a lot. Maybe that's what made it worsen. I will be sure to not do that again. Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #62  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Happy Thursday everyone! Congrats on the SV's and NSV's! I posted this I the maintenance thread but thought I would post it here as well where it may get more attention...
Well another weekend is about to land and I am finishing up day 7 of Phase 1- tomorrow it will be one whole week .
Am super happy this morning as a pair of my jeans that I couldn't button last week are buttoned and looking good! Yay!!!!!! There is no better reward!
I know that there are quite a few people who are hitting Phase 3 right now... And I hope that you will post in the maintenance thread... Because for a thread to be vibrant & alive it needs participation. The more of us there are together in maintenance the more support and ergo success we can provide to each other. I know that just starting is different than when you get down the road a bit but really we're all in the same boat of trying to keep ourselves on top of the maintenance ball. To reach maintenance you need to have been successful at the weight loss phase and I know for me a huge part of my success in losing was the support & advice & ideas I received on this site. It makes sense that in the never ending war of maintenance that same criteria will help to pull us through...
Congrats on the jeans!! It is a great feeling, I love shopping now! I will be going into Phase 2 most likely next week my coach said and when I hit Phase 3 I will be coming to the maintenance thread for support. I look up to each of you who have been in maintenance and have any advice and support that I will need.

Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Hello fellow IPers. I am pretty new to this diet (and forum) on IP for 10 days now. (Weigh in 1 was yesterday and I lost 7lbs!!) For the most part, except for one day of feeling emotional about food (or the lack there of) and another crank-tastic and headache filled day, I've been doing great! BUT, in the past few days and today I have been feeling muscle fatigue. Like i am having a hard time holding my 14 mo. son for long periods of time or walking quickly for some longer time periods (15+ min). I feel like I just did a really intense workout, but I haven't. The only real exercise I have done is 15-30 of moderate walking/hiking. And I have limited it to 2-3 times per week. Today it is really bad.. I just feel weak and shaky. Is this normal? I am worried that I am not getting enough protein and am actually losing muscle. But I know that this is not supposed to happen. I am a vegetarian so could I not be getting enough protein from my meat substitutes(eggs, tofu, veggie chicken, meatless meatballs, etc)? If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for your help! :-)
I had the SAME thing after my restart. i was really concerned and talked to my coach.. i told them about it and they made a note of it. It's our way of getting used to the diet i guess... i did eat more protein on the days i felt like i couldn't carry my 11 mo old around, just for the sake of having SOME strength. i know i wasn't technically supposed to have more than the packets allowed and more than 8 oz of protein, but i had a hard boiled egg and about 1-2 oz of chicken breast to get some energy.. it should go away within a week. if it hasn't definitely call your coach right away. let them know at your next meeting regardless. hope you get stronger soon. i know it sucked for me while it lasted
Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Hey everyone - last night at my center they had some samples to share. They were really good and I wanted to share the recipes.

Mix raspberry jello - follow directions
Take a crystal lite to go pack (they used the lemonade flavor)
Ice - they just said "a lot"
Blend - should make 32 ounces - You can have the WHOLE thing!!

Tastes like a fun summer cocktail.*****

Apricot Dressing

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T. Stevia
1 T. Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ginger
3 T. WF apricot jelly
1/2 tsp. poppy seed
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. dried onion flakes

Combine everything and blend for 1 or 2 minutes.

Pepper Mustard Dressing

1 cup WF honey-mustard mayo
4T. finely chopped green or colored peppers
2T. finely chopped onion
2T. Stevia
4 T. olive oil
1T. lemon juice

Combine everything and blend for 1 or 2 minutes

Tamari Olive Oil Sauce
1/2 cup of Tamari soy sauce
2/3 cup of olive oil
2 crushed cloves of garlic
4 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. stevia

Mix ingredients together and shake well.

They had made an appetizer with the raspberry dressing.
Take romaine lettuce leaves
a piece of cooked peppered beef
spread the raspberry dressing on the beef
cut a pickle
roll it all up and Voila!!! you have an appetizer we can take and eat as part of our protein at a dinner party!
\

Thanks for the recipes? Any suggestions for strawberry pudding?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Congrats on the jeans!! It is a great feeling, I love shopping now! I will be going into Phase 2 most likely next week my coach said and when I hit Phase 3 I will be coming to the maintenance thread for support. I look up to each of you who have been in maintenance and have any advice and support that I will need.

Have a great day!
WOW you look great!! congrats on being so close to the phase off! i'm on day 2 of phase 2 and i'm loving it. i can't believe we made it! go us! i totally know what you mean about shopping.. i seriously used to be depressed for DAYS after a shopping trip.. no exaggeration, i'd be in fitting rooms, giving up after trying on one or two outfits then i'd go home and be bummed for 2-3 days. i didn't do much shopping then! but i LOVE to shop now i feel sexy, slim, and like a young milf. lol not cocky by any means, but it's definitely a change of confidence and it feels GREAT!! CONGRATS on the weight loss and enjoy a nice shopping trip soon! i think i'm going to go sometime this week
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 346/319/220

Height: 6'0"

Tomorrow I start day 1...very excited
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the reply IKP... You're looking awesome by the way!! Looking forward to being in maintenance with you!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #68  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I don't look skinnier in the far left but I am 17 pounds lighter than the center shot which was 70 pounds lost and I am down 87.2 pounds. BUT my shirt is tucked in and I'm not wearing suspenders.

Just realized the shirt I wore today is a 5XL the one in the center is a 4XL and fits better=makes me look smaller. Especially at the elbows!

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
I had the SAME thing after my restart. i was really concerned and talked to my coach.. i told them about it and they made a note of it. It's our way of getting used to the diet i guess... i did eat more protein on the days i felt like i couldn't carry my 11 mo old around, just for the sake of having SOME strength. i know i wasn't technically supposed to have more than the packets allowed and more than 8 oz of protein, but i had a hard boiled egg and about 1-2 oz of chicken breast to get some energy.. it should go away within a week. if it hasn't definitely call your coach right away. let them know at your next meeting regardless. hope you get stronger soon. i know it sucked for me while it lasted
Thanks! Very glad to know that it has happened to someone else. Congrats on your success. You look fantastic!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

So so happy! Weigh in # 3 today - down 4 more lbs. Total for 3 weeks is 14.5 (was hoping for 15 total but still thrilled)! One more week until my vacation and have some thinking to do on this. Still no one has noticed but I know and that's what really counts. I feel so much better and my clothes are fitting better, some are toooo big! Need to get a new swimsuit for vacation! Thanks to everyone for a great group to come & share IP!

Oh yeah, best of all I'm in Onederland!!!! It's been 6 years since that has happened!

Last edited by robin532; 06-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I had WI 3 yesterday and am down 17lbs and 9.9 inches. I couldn't be more thrilled except at my NSV today in my closet. I had 4 new pairs of dress pants for work that I couldn't wear for over a year because I gained too much weight...I looked at a pair today and thought about trying them on. Then I didn't want to get too discouraged, so I didn't. However, 2 minutes later I thought I should try it on to see how much more I had before I could fit into them. Lo and behold...they fit beautifully. These are the great victories that make you motivated and make you walk around confidently during the day. Since it's a better size on me too, I've been getting nothing but compliments in the office about my shape now. Just wanted to share
Old 06-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #72  

Height: 5'5"

I go for my initial visit tomorrow with Ideal Protein. The counselor said when I leave I would know what I can eat and what I can't and I would have food for the next two weeks. Can anyone suggest items I should get if I have a choice? What are the most palatable choices for newbies? Any advice or suggestions? I'm nervous, excited and anxious to begin. All of you are so inspiring. I will probably be unable to sleep tonight.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #73  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Off to my WI in a couple of hours.

I realized this morning, that I need to get rid of the jeans I'm wearing to work today, too baggy and I can pull them down without unzipping! I'll go through my clothes this weekend and post them on the clothing exchange thread.

btw - I purcased a new bathing suit on Tuesday night - I don't want to jump in the pool in August and flash everyone! It's a little small now, but it should fit in July. Normally, bathing suit shopping is horrible, but I'm very excited!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #74  

Quote:
Robin532 said, "Oh yeah, best of all I'm in Onederland!!!! It's been 6 years since that has happened!"
Robin that is wonderful! That is the first goal I have set for myself...Onehundred anything....It's been twelve years for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #75  

I love this forum! I just can't wait to get started. I feel like a kid at Christmas, tomorrow will never get here.
Closed Thread