Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning all! I love how everyone has been so positive, through the good and the bad ... WE ALLL KNOW deep down that this diet will WORK for you as long as you follow it! good job everyone!! I've been DYING to peek at the scale, but i'm not going to. i can't believe i haven't hopped on in almost 3 days. i think it's good for me though. After working out the last few days, i'm sore, but i feel good. i'm going to have a relaxing day today. My best friend and I are going to lay out by the pool and just talk and catch up, while our babies have a play date (8 weeks apart in age ).. it's much needed for all of us . anyway, i have my phase 2 salad packed and ready to go. this is easier than bringing my packet, salt, oil ......etc to her house.. i already added salt and pepper to my salad and have an oil and vin dressing packed on the side. yay. IF i were to step on the scale in the next, oh i don't know, day or so.... i would be REALLY happy to see 123. Here's to hoping! Have a great day everyone! i'm sure i'll catch up a little later.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Hi Everyone,

I got my tracker...very exciting! My 4 Novi-Lax before bed helped a "titch" but no where near what I need. I'm thinking I need to take more extreme measures. any advice?

Also, is it acceptable to eat a 4th packet in replace of the regular dinner protein? This would only be in rare circumstances when there is not time to cook.

Last but not least, how do you put the symbols in the tracker. "one X for each 5 lbs lost?" Can't figure it out

Busy day. My kids and I are making bagged lunches for a local homeless shelter this summer. Today is our first day. They want to make homemade cookies to include in the lunch which of course is a very sweet idea. However, the smell of cookies is not going to be a welcome presence.

I'm not sure who recommended "ending overeating" by David Kessler but I'm reading it and really enjoying it. Bought a paperback but now wish I had gotten the kindle version. Great book but TMI while sitting at the pool

Dakin: great job on the relay for life. That is a very big deal in our community and it is wonderful that you take on such a major role.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Default just got back from vacation

Morning everyone,
Went away for a week and had all intentions of staying 100% OP. I found out what a challenge it is to find places that serve a decent amount of veggies and without sauce. Even when ordering plain, I could taste something was on it. All in all I think it was a success. My DH and I would say you know what we would have eaten and drank without being on the program, YIKES! I'm really proud of him, I think he did a little better than me by loosing a pound and I may have maintained by my scale. ( it's always a different result at the clinic). This diet (life style change) has really changed me for the better. I missed my veggies when I couldn't get them and when I wanted a taste of something off program it was just a taste. Had a great time and feel good! Now back to OP 100%
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #19  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Morning all! So I had my WI yesterday and I was down 1.5 I seem to have a week where I lose 1-2 pounds then a week where I lose 3-5 pounds ... wierd how predictable it is ... funny thing is I hopped on the scale today and was 1.5 down from where I was yesterday morning - so I guess the pattern will continue lol!! This is my second week using a mix of alternatives and IP products and it doesn't seem to be slowing my loss any so thank goodness for that because my pocketbook sure likes the mix a lot better

Hope everyone has a great day!!
I am glad that using alternatives isn't slowing you down! I just ordered a few things from Nashua (some I like, some i dont) and though I am moving into maintenance, I am glad to know it wont derail progress. My piggy bank could use a break as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning.

On my way to WI. Optimistic. My scale showed 378 after my shower.

Here puppy, puppy.
Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes

Hey everyone!!!

I am moving right along in Phase 3 and really enjoying the new options, but it takes me about 20 minutes to figure out what I am going to eat! I need to do a better job of planning my meals in advance I guess. This AM I have pb2 and strawberries on carb style light bread (pepperidge farm) with chicken sausage and almond milk.

Saturday is my birthday AND bridal shower and all my best friends/bridesmaids are coming in to town. I am so excited for everyone to see me as they haven't since I lost 30+ pounds!

My coach told me I could have a free day on Saturday. I hope I can have self control and NOT get sick.

All good things here! Wishing the same for everyone else!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I got my tracker...very exciting! My 4 Novi-Lax before bed helped a "titch" but no where near what I need. I'm thinking I need to take more extreme measures. any advice? Congrats on the tracker!! i was very excited when i got mine too Everytime i needed "relief" i would eat more salads, even if it was just a bowl of romaine (i like the "Italian" mix ) with some oil and vin dressing over it.. then at night, i'll drink a glass of "CALM" .. it's a powder supplement that your clinic should have.. it really helps things move along without cramps and bloating.. and you're not in the bathroom all day or night.. it just gets ya squeaky clean lol.

Also, is it acceptable to eat a 4th packet in replace of the regular dinner protein? This would only be in rare circumstances when there is not time to cook. I think this would be fine on occasion... You get a few extra calories and some necessary fat from "real dinner" that is formulated for the program.. so i'd say maybe keep it to a minimum, if you can. On nights i'm super busy, i'll just pick up a rotisserie chicken and pull and eat with some steamed broc. takes no time at all.

Last but not least, how do you put the symbols in the tracker. "one X for each 5 lbs lost?" Can't figure it out You are probably over analyzing this.. you're kinda like me.. i made it harder than what it should have been. You simply go to the box that you pasted your tracker in- give it a few spaces... type out "one dancing carrot for every 5 pounds. then each time you lose 5 you add

My kids and I are making bagged lunches for a local homeless shelter this summer. Today is our first day. They want to make homemade cookies to include in the lunch which of course is a very sweet idea. However, the smell of cookies is not going to be a welcome presence. This is awesome.. good for you guys! and if you're anything like me, it WILL get easier. i bake for my husband all the time.. like 4-5x a week. you become desensitized to it and it's going to make maintenance and just being around it THAT much easier. good luck!
see RED
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

You all inspire me! Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm on my 5th day today. I've been 100% OP, but can't tell if I'm in ketosis or not. I saw the ketostix at Walgreen's the other day, but I didn't want to fork out $10 for them!! I don't have a bad taste in my mouth all the time. I do catch times with a bad taste, but don't know if it's from vitamins, food or ketosis!!

I realized when I got to work that I forgot anything for on my salad. Might have to run out to the store at lunch.

I've been weighing myself every morning, I can't stop myself!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Good morning! Day 4. Haven't noticed extreme fatigue yet but do have a slight headache. Capp drink in the morning with coffee is getting much better. I put in some wf pancake syrup in place of the Splenda and that has made it taste much better and not so bitter. The scale is steadily dropping which is very exciting! I just love looking at all of your posts every day. It is a little addicting. I sort of feel like this is all consuming at this point. Looking forward to when this becomes second nature. Have a great day all!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good WI today. Lost another 5# for a total of 87.2 pounds in TEN WEEKS. I'm going for 100# by June 28th. My old scale at home is right on with the clinic's scale.

Have a great day.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Thursday everyone! Congrats on the SV's and NSV's! I posted this I the maintenance thread but thought I would post it here as well where it may get more attention...
Well another weekend is about to land and I am finishing up day 7 of Phase 1- tomorrow it will be one whole week .
Am super happy this morning as a pair of my jeans that I couldn't button last week are buttoned and looking good! Yay!!!!!! There is no better reward!
I know that there are quite a few people who are hitting Phase 3 right now... And I hope that you will post in the maintenance thread... Because for a thread to be vibrant & alive it needs participation. The more of us there are together in maintenance the more support and ergo success we can provide to each other. I know that just starting is different than when you get down the road a bit but really we're all in the same boat of trying to keep ourselves on top of the maintenance ball. To reach maintenance you need to have been successful at the weight loss phase and I know for me a huge part of my success in losing was the support & advice & ideas I received on this site. It makes sense that in the never ending war of maintenance that same criteria will help to pull us through...
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #26  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
I got my tracker...very exciting! My 4 Novi-Lax before bed helped a "titch" but no where near what I need. I'm thinking I need to take more extreme measures. any advice?
Wow I am having the opposite probem... only 1 Novi-lax last night at dinner and a couple of hours later I couldn't leave the bathroom for the rest of the night. Proof that we all react differently!

I keep track of my daily weight with my Wii Fit Plus, and just now: 179.7 lbs! Officially out of the 180's that feels so great

Have a great OP day everyone! Keep it up
Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #27  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

GOOD Morning all: I am so happy!!! Had my 2nd WI this morning...lost 5 1/2 lbs & 3" Doing my happy dance - LOL. Can't wait to get my tracker

Congratulations to everyone else who has had good WIs this week; doesn't it feel great?

Satobb - I agree about 3FC being 'all-consuming'...so much info to absorb & recipes to look through.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone! Crazy busy morning here - but I survived and am at work now. Shuffling kids - it keeps life interesting.

Have a great 100% OP day!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Good morning! I have weigh in # 3 today! One more week until our vacation. Nervous, but still looking forward to a good time at the beach!
Good luck on your WI today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody.

Thanks Chloe.. I am so glad you are back, you were missed.

So today will be busy. My Niece is getting married tomorrow so I have been watching her dog for a few days. It is a little stressful because I already have a dog and a cat. (both dogs get dropped at the kennel tomorrow) I must go get a mani-pedi this morning, gotta pack for for my family since we are staying overnight. Then my nephew is dropping off his kids early this afternoon (age 1 1/2 & 3 1/2) so they can go to the rehearsal & dinner and his sis in law will pick them up about 9 tonight. I am exhausted just thinking about it. well, I guess I will get started on this day from He**. LOL
I hope everyone has a great day!
Whew! Now I am tired for you! I know how tired the little ones can make you. I have a 6, 4 and 1 year old grandchildren and they do me in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Good morning everyone! I've been MIA lately because my kids are keeping me busy! This is the first summer that I haven't sent them to day camp,so we've been spending a lot of time at the pool. I'm still chugging along.

I read through the posts from yesterday. There were some great losses and some great attitudes. Congrats!!!!
Always good to see your posts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! Some great losses this week- some struggles but we are all in it together! I had a 0 loss last week- weigh in was this morning. But, not letting it get me down! I will have a good one next week.

Have a great day all!
Good for you; it's all about attitude! I don't think my weekly WI today is going to be very good; I kind of blew it last night on the protien... I think my "evil twin" got out but I locked her up tight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
Gud Morn'ting Losers!!!!
My clothes are bagging on my bigtime I need size updating STAT!!!

Wishing everyone great losses...

Im rather nrg'tic and giddy this morning.... Get it in Yall!

Keep it won'hunnid (OP 100% for my squares lol )
I love baggy clothes stories!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Morning thought I would stop in and say Hi. The weight is moving right along, glad to have summer time here! Keeps me busy!
Yipeee on your weight loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning my IP family!

WI and meeting with coach went Ok yesterday - I thought of more questions after I got home (of course, lol) so I'm e-mailing her. Chloe, yes, I will post my Q & A when I get the rest of my answers.

Super busy weekend here! Hubs and I run logistics for the annual ACS Relay for Life. We host 177 teams and between 8,000 - 10,000 people will attend the event. Logistics is a fancy way of saying all the crap that no-one else wants to do. (running electricity and water lines, staking out tent sites, directing traffic....) I'll be scarce over the weekend, but will be here next week.

Carol: enjoy the wedding.

I desperately need to go clothes shopping too! I think I'll officially be in a 8! Woo-hoo! Haven't seen that size since 1994, and only briefly then (thanks to the divorce diet, lol).

(((hugs))) to all!
Size 8 is fabulous!! Good luck on that clothes shopping!! I have done the divorce diet too and don't recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy25 View Post
Good morning everyone! I had my first weigh-in yesterday afternoon and lost 6 lbs. It blows my mind that for two months before starting IP I struggled to eat healthy and exercise on my own and only lost 5 lbs, but after only 7 days on IP I lost 6 lbs! This is incredible! That first week was rough, especially since they started me out on some foods I could barely tolerate the taste, but this week should be awesome since I got to pick my own! I'm completely motivated to stay on track.

Hope everyone else has a great day!!!
Fabulous Weight loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Had my WI last night down 2.8lbs. this seems to be the norm for me. Well my own challenge to see if not using any restricted would give me a bigger weight loss is over, and the answer is NO I lost the same 2.8 lbs. just like all the other weeks so I might as well go ahead and enjoy my bars. Everyday I put on clothes for work I am finding they are getting baggier and baggier I will have to soon go and buy some new ones. I hope everyone who has WI's today get big losses. Stay OP everyone and enjoy this beautifuly day (the sun is shinning and the weather is warm here in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) Getting real close to getting into the 170's can't wait, maybe by the end of the weekend.

Caren
Good for you 2.8 is still pretty darn good and if I remember didn't you just turn 60 a while ago?? You are doing great!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #30  

Default week 2 for me completed

K, I've completed my second week and have lost a total of 12 lbs. For the last week, I was only using 3 packages...not my 4..I was having a hard time fitting the 4th in. So my goal this week is to get my 4 packet in. So far so good...I am enjoying my new life.
Closed Thread