Height: 5'7"

I got my ticker!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
I got my ticker!!
Congrats!!!! And congrats on the 7 lbs down too!

I thought I read that you need to be on for 20 days, and have at least 20 posts to get a ticker... is that right?

Last edited by Bdmom; 06-07-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a great IP day Today was my 2nd weight in and I am down 4 more lbs, to make a total loss of 12lbs in 2 weeks! I am so glad I havent cheated at all, I think that has really made a differance. Loving this diet

Jennifer

WI#1: -7.8
WI#2: -4
Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Default Losing muscle?!

Hello fellow IPers. I am pretty new to this diet (and forum) on IP for 10 days now. (Weigh in 1 was yesterday and I lost 7lbs!!) For the most part, except for one day of feeling emotional about food (or the lack there of) and another crank-tastic and headache filled day, I've been doing great! BUT, in the past few days and today I have been feeling muscle fatigue. Like i am having a hard time holding my 14 mo. son for long periods of time or walking quickly for some longer time periods (15+ min). I feel like I just did a really intense workout, but I haven't. The only real exercise I have done is 15-30 of moderate walking/hiking. And I have limited it to 2-3 times per week. Today it is really bad.. I just feel weak and shaky. Is this normal? I am worried that I am not getting enough protein and am actually losing muscle. But I know that this is not supposed to happen. I am a vegetarian so could I not be getting enough protein from my meat substitutes(eggs, tofu, veggie chicken, meatless meatballs, etc)? If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for your help! :-)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #50  
Started IP on 5/23/2012

S/C/G: 312/279/200

Height: 6' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good WI today. Lost another 5# for a total of 87.2 pounds in TEN WEEKS. I'm going for 100# by June 28th. My old scale at home is right on with the clinic's scale.

Have a great day.

Way to go!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #51  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning all..or Good Afternoon to those ahead in time..

Well.. i did it.. i took the plunge and tried out spinach..Last night i just sauteed two cups of spinach with a little garlic and evoo...and it wasnt bad...This morning i actually blended 2 cups of spinach and added my chocolate RTD to it...It wasnt too shabby....i had to drink it through a straw...im a texture person and the texture was a little gritty even though i had it on the liquify setting....I also found it had a slight funny "POT" aftertaste...I dont personally smoke pot except once on experiment when i was 19...and well..it tasted like that...I think its because i dont have any WF chocolate sauce to add to it to make it more chocolatey..Maybe next time i will add some mint and see how it is...

Speak of WF..i tried out the strawberry jelly...and YUCK! i guess it must be just me.. I must really be sensetive to splenda based products..because i can taste the aftertaste with anything made with splenda and stevia...Xylitol or straight up aspertame based products are the only ones where i cant taste an aftertaste... Needless to say.. i think i give up on the WF products....i just cant hack the aftertaste with all of there chemically tasting things.. I dont think im going to get used to that any time soon...

On the good side of things.. i have managed to stay off the scale for almost a whole week..which is good..cause usually im a scale whore and i jump on it every day....but i challenged myself not to jump on it except once a week for the next 90 days...so im nervous to see how much ive lost on day 7

Well..happy Ip ing everyone!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Hello fellow IPers. I am pretty new to this diet (and forum) on IP for 10 days now. (Weigh in 1 was yesterday and I lost 7lbs!!) For the most part, except for one day of feeling emotional about food (or the lack there of) and another crank-tastic and headache filled day, I've been doing great! BUT, in the past few days and today I have been feeling muscle fatigue. Like i am having a hard time holding my 14 mo. son for long periods of time or walking quickly for some longer time periods (15+ min). I feel like I just did a really intense workout, but I haven't. The only real exercise I have done is 15-30 of moderate walking/hiking. And I have limited it to 2-3 times per week. Today it is really bad.. I just feel weak and shaky. Is this normal? I am worried that I am not getting enough protein and am actually losing muscle. But I know that this is not supposed to happen. I am a vegetarian so could I not be getting enough protein from my meat substitutes(eggs, tofu, veggie chicken, meatless meatballs, etc)? If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for your help! :-)
Hi - I am very new to IP, so I don't know much about bodily reactions, but as far as meat substitutes - I am a vegetarian also. You could have another shake or packet at dinner, with some egg whites and that would make the protein work. With the meatless meatballs and veggie chicken, make sure to read the ingredients - sometimes, they have rice powder or lentils/beans in the product and that would increase the carb amount.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #53  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Congrats!!!! And congrats on the 7 lbs down too!
Thanks!
I thought I read that you need to be on for 20 days, and have at least 20 posts to get a ticker... is that right?
it does say 20 posts but after 20 days mine popped up this afternoon
Congrats Jenny5228

darcrista - i had an incident like this. saturday i was holding my 8.5 month old a lot and my biceps were HURTING! It took a few days for it to go away too. my coach said after the first two weeks it should start to balance out a little. she also mentioned that if i am doing a lot of physical activity that requires lifting to add an extra source of protein or make sure and eat the protein right before or after. i would find a site that lets you input what you are eating and see what the protein is. then compare it to 8 oz of chicken or one of the other proteins to see if it is close. it might help you see what your actual protein intake is and maybe explain some of the symptoms.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Default Recipes

Hey everyone - last night at my center they had some samples to share. They were really good and I wanted to share the recipes.

Mix raspberry jello - follow directions
Take a crystal lite to go pack (they used the lemonade flavor)
Ice - they just said "a lot"
Blend - should make 32 ounces - You can have the WHOLE thing!!

Tastes like a fun summer cocktail.

Apricot Dressing

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T. Stevia
1 T. Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ginger
3 T. WF apricot jelly
1/2 tsp. poppy seed
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. dried onion flakes

Combine everything and blend for 1 or 2 minutes.

Pepper Mustard Dressing

1 cup WF honey-mustard mayo
4T. finely chopped green or colored peppers
2T. finely chopped onion
2T. Stevia
4 T. olive oil
1T. lemon juice

Combine everything and blend for 1 or 2 minutes

Tamari Olive Oil Sauce
1/2 cup of Tamari soy sauce
2/3 cup of olive oil
2 crushed cloves of garlic
4 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. stevia

Mix ingredients together and shake well.

They had made an appetizer with the raspberry dressing.
Take romaine lettuce leaves
a piece of cooked peppered beef
spread the raspberry dressing on the beef
cut a pickle
roll it all up and Voila!!! you have an appetizer we can take and eat as part of our protein at a dinner party!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 227/224/175

Height: 5' 9"

I'm going to start IP tomorrow. I have my appointment set; I wonder if it's a mistake to start on the weekend or if I should do it on a Monday. I sort of feel like if I can get through the weekend it will make the work week easier. Problem is we eat like crazy on the weekends, grilling and wine and stuff. Thoughts?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning all..or Good Afternoon to those ahead in time..

Well.. i did it.. i took the plunge and tried out spinach..Last night i just sauteed two cups of spinach with a little garlic and evoo...and it wasnt bad...This morning i actually blended 2 cups of spinach and added my chocolate RTD to it...It wasnt too shabby....i had to drink it through a straw...im a texture person and the texture was a little gritty even though i had it on the liquify setting....I also found it had a slight funny "POT" aftertaste...I dont personally smoke pot except once on experiment when i was 19...and well..it tasted like that...I think its because i dont have any WF chocolate sauce to add to it to make it more chocolatey..Maybe next time i will add some mint and see how it is...

Speak of WF..i tried out the strawberry jelly...and YUCK! i guess it must be just me.. I must really be sensetive to splenda based products..because i can taste the aftertaste with anything made with splenda and stevia...Xylitol or straight up aspertame based products are the only ones where i cant taste an aftertaste... Needless to say.. i think i give up on the WF products....i just cant hack the aftertaste with all of there chemically tasting things.. I dont think im going to get used to that any time soon...

On the good side of things.. i have managed to stay off the scale for almost a whole week..which is good..cause usually im a scale whore and i jump on it every day....but i challenged myself not to jump on it except once a week for the next 90 days...so im nervous to see how much ive lost on day 7

Well..happy Ip ing everyone!
I didn't care for a lot of th WF things either for the same reason, but I don't mind them when I cook with them. I did a stir fry the other night with the Tamari sauce and WF raspberry jelly - and couldn't taste the aftertaste, but it gave it just the right amount of sweetness. I don't mind the bacon ranch or the italian dressings either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
You're drinking enough, taking your supplements, get the olive oil and the right amount of salt in right? Those are all important to feeling well. Also, are you going longer than 6 hours without eating? I never had to use the 4th packet - but you may have to until you feel a little better.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma View Post
I'm going to start IP tomorrow. I have my appointment set; I wonder if it's a mistake to start on the weekend or if I should do it on a Monday. I sort of feel like if I can get through the weekend it will make the work week easier. Problem is we eat like crazy on the weekends, grilling and wine and stuff. Thoughts?
I started on a Thursday and was glad I didn't start on a Monday - because I had headaches, a little tired and a little moody, you can have nausea, and of course you are hungry and drinking so much you have to tinkle ALL the time. The thing is, no matter when you start, you're going to still have the weekends to face. We grill a lot too, and I always look forward to my evening meal when I can grill it. Good luck!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #58  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Quote:
I started on a Thursday. I figured why keep delaying it... The weekend was a lot easier than I thought and I had to bake cupcakes for soccer, go to a soccer party and go to a concert with a packed meal. I think you will be fine starting tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #59  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Quote:
I started on Wed last week, and on Fri I went out of town and stayed in a hotel with my starving 16 year old son. I took everything I needed with me, and kept doing it like I was at home. Was it tough? You bet it was especially when my son was getting subway and a&w during the day. We ate at Boston Pizza and Tony Roma's for dinner. Not sure I got my veggie intake during supper time on both of those days, but I still had a 10 pound weight loss on my first weigh in. If I can do it in those circumstances, you can do it starting on a weekend. Good luck, and do not give in!

Last edited by Robag; 06-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #60  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Quote:
Start immediately...you could be down 3-5 pounds by monday, and there will be many more weekends to contend with as well. For me I always suggest to people to start friday or weekend as you wont feel fantastic for the first few days, I would rather do this at home....just my thoughts...
Closed Thread