Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention my NSV for yesterday. I went to a consignment store that sells nice gently used clothing. I found a pair of Loft pants in a size 10 thinking they might fit. They were huge!!! So I went back a found a pair of Loft pants in a size 8 and they fit perfectly Single digit clothing??? That was a huge surprise. I know Loft clothes are a little "off sized", but I will take it!!! I liked the way I looked in that dressing room mirror. I never thought I would say that.
That is an AWESOME NSV!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #62  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to the newbies! (I'm still one too). Am so happy for everyone losing at WI; my first WI is tomorrow and really excited to not only see how many lbs and/or inches I've lost, but to also get a bigger variety of food.

I've learned this week that I def need to plan my meals better. Last night supper wasn't until after 9 by the time I got out of work, got groceries, then drove home, etc etc. Was really wishing for a snack bar, but they said no bars until 3rd week I think it is.

My first NSV...have been taking my blood pressure every day and it is dropping a bit each day! It's almost into the normal range now. Hope to be able to stop the meds for that soon

Lunch time is over, so back to work. Will check in tonight. Have a 100% OP day all!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #63  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
I love it, cut up in chunks, with hot sauce. It's served that way in Mexico. I thought it was strange the first time I saw it served, but if you can find GOOD Jicama, it's delish! It should be kind of watery, when it's fresh. If it's dry, it's awful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North Girl View Post
Jicama is one of my favorite veggies to carry around in the car, on a boat, or even in my purse, for those emergency "have to have something crunchy" times. I slice it up with a lime wedge and put it in a baggie. Just before eating, I squeeze lime on it, and if I have it, a pinch of salt. The crunch, sour, and salt really hits the spot for me.

Thanks, I will try both. It is huge!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi everyone, I bought a Jicama last night and not sure what to do with it. Do I eat it raw or does anyone have any good ideas for a recipe? Have a great day everyone!
Can we have jicama on phase I? I love jicama, but I'm curious if we can have it - I think it might be a root vegeatble. Well, if we can have it, cut it into matchstix size and add lime (can we have lime?) and salt-- a great way to get more salt into our day!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #65  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure how to do all the links or if they would just transfer!

NSV- I fit into my size 12s!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I randomly tried them on this AM and oh boy..... I'm 3lbs away from my pre-baby weight and 13lbs away from my lowest adult weight!! BRING IT IP!!
Congrats to you!!!! I'm heading there!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt to 4 View Post
I have my first WI today! I started IP last week. Have had some bad days. But I am sticking to this!
Good luck on your WI, I am sure it will be great. The first week is the hardest, from now on it will be all down hill.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #67  
Foxxybrown

Default First WI!!!!!

So I had my first weigh in, I lost......12 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! GO ME!! GO ME!! GO ME!!!

I'll be in Onederland in no time!!! First time as an adult!!! YAY!!!!

Hoping everyone else is having an awesome day! I sure am!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Nova-I know EXACTLY how you feel! I tried on my 12's when I first started (week 1) and they couldn't make it past about half my thigh, and 14's were not happening, so I was in pregnancy pants for the first 3 weeks, then suddenly I could fit in 14's, and then last Monday, my stretchy 12s (no big deal they stretch a ton right?) and then, low and behold, Saturday I wore my Size 12 Levi's! (they have 0 stretch, none, zip, zilch, nada) and I actually jumped in circles in the bathroom singing "I'm in 12's! I'm in 12's!" while DH was showering and staring at me in bewilderment.

HA! You must have been in my bathroom because thats EXACTLY what I was doing LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #69  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Can we have jicama on phase I? I love jicama, but I'm curious if we can have it - I think it might be a root vegeatble. Well, if we can have it, cut it into matchstix size and add lime (can we have lime?) and salt-- a great way to get more salt into our day!
I just sent my coach a message. I sure hope so.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
So I had my first weigh in, I lost......12 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! GO ME!! GO ME!! GO ME!!!

I'll be in Onederland in no time!!! First time as an adult!!! YAY!!!!

Hoping everyone else is having an awesome day! I sure am!!
NICE!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #71  

Had my WI this morning. Down 2.8 lbs and 10 INCHES!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #72  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Ok ladies... so I hopped on the scale this morning ( like i do every morning) and just about fell over... i knew i was close to goal but my scale read "125.1." I'm seriously on the verge of tears. It's been 6 months and i just hit 60 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!! my ORIGINAL goal when i started in november was to lose 50. i never thought it was going to happen. as i saw the weight falling off, i modified my goal weight to 125. I'm there!!! I talked to my coach at the last weigh in and we discussed the "reserve tanks." -- not sure if you all are aware of the analogy?? anyway, because of the one time gain in phase 4 because the the refilling of your "tanks" i decided to go 5 more pounds before phasing as a cushion. Today is a big day though. If i phased at any point from here on out, i'd still be so happy. Aw man. I can't tell you how i feel. i'm almost hysterical with excitement!! You all will be there soon!!
Thanks everyone again for the continued support!! I"m not going anywhere, but just had to throw that in ))) yayyyyy

Congrats to everyone with their weight losses this week. it's looking like a successful week for almost everyone! well... my timer for my choc drink cuppy cakes just went off, yum.! happy OP DAY!

Yay!!!! You go girl!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #73  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Had my WI this morning. Down 2.8 lbs and 10 INCHES!!!
Thanks and Congrats to you too!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 166/135

Height: 5'8"

Default What are you eating??

Hi! I'm on day 4 ... just wondering what everyone eats during a typical phase one day? I bring my breakfast and lunch to work so i've been having a Bar at breakfast with water, a salad with a RTD at lunch, and dinners at home are easier to prepare. Thanks for your input!

Kristen
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

I am so happy to have found this group! I'm only on day 13 but love all the tips & motivation I'm getting! I was so scared when I started this diet but glad I have support here! Robin
Closed Thread