Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Down 5lbs for first WI! Yeah! I'm proud of myself and happy to see the numbers on the scale going down. Good luck to everyone!

I'm sipping on the pink lemonade drink from Nashua (Protidiet, I think) and it feels too good to be my morning protein packet, but I'll take it.
You Go Girl!!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I get where you're coming from wuv, I totally do. But yes - this is deprivation. Deprivation by choice but deprivation nonetheless. Every day I choose what I will and will not put in my mouth and those choices are based around what is according to plan. But really, it's not the fast food or cake and cookies that I crave. It's the little things that I really miss like cheese. My kingdom for a bit of cheese! But I'm willing and ready to forgo it because I have to get healthy and I have to make a change. And IP is my way to do it.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on IP, saying it's crap or that it doesn't work. The 62lbs I've lost so far are proof that it does work, and work well. I remain a major proponent of this program. But at the same time not every day can be sunshine and rainbows for me or for anyone else, ya know? We all have bad days, low weeks, and we do get past them, but this is the one place where I know people truly understand how I feel so I post here, hoping for support and understanding because other people have experienced what I have. I'm not trying to bring the board down or be miserable - I'm just being real! This is how I feel.

I will not quit, I will not cheat, I will not stop in the pursuit of my goal. But I still think that it's okay for us to acknowledge the harder days and ask for advice as we go along, otherwise we run the risk of doing each other a disservice.

I'm all for tough love, believe me, and my big girl panties are firmly in place. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with venting how we feel and being real about it. We all know this isn't easy, and we all need support in different ways.
I am totally amazed with your numbers !!!!!! Over 60 pounds since march 1st is freaking HUGE!!!! Wow wow wow!!! Way to go. Perhaps your body is just adjusting. That's a lot of weight loss in such a short time. Frustrating for sure to feel stalled, but inside changes are still happening. Hang in there. You are doing AMAZING!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #63  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
I am going to buy a bathing suit and I am actually excited about it!!!!!!!

Also- this morning, I added cinnamon to my iced coffee w RTD Vanilla- i am in heaven
I hope you found a nice suit or two!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #64  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
You are too funny , I had to buy some new panties myself as my grannies, lol, are getting too big. I accidentally got 2 sizes smaller , normally I would have to take them back but I knew they would fit in a week or so, and they do. Another NSV, I wore a pair of jeans yesterday and wondered why they were tighter than they should be, turns out I grabbed them from my "almost fi"t pile from last weeks try ons, they were comfortable enough although tight, so I guess I better check the almost fit pile again, these inches are disappearing...
That is awesome! Great NSV.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #65  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Happy Memorial Day!!

This is day 7, a full week of IP and I have surely surprised myself by not cheating!! YAY!!! I am right now having a snack.... for some weird reason I wanted my vanilla pudding to be a cake, so I added 1 tblsp of WF Carmel and heated it up in the microwave. Well, it stayed liquidy but it is soooo good warm!!! Eating it up and feeling quite full! Hoping you all have a great day!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I'm going to give blood (red cross) tomorrow for the first time on IP.

Has anyone had experiences with giving blood on this program?
Hi Lynnie!

I gave blood a month or so ago, and I learned a few things from my experience. Make sure you get a lot of salt in before you donate, so your electrolytes are balanced. I made the mistake of drinking tons and tons of water, trying to plump up my veins which seemed less visible than usual. Well, I drank too much water for how much salt I'd taken in and got myself into an unbalanced state. I also happen to have a hair trigger vaso-vagal response, and I ended up passed out/seized. The blood drive volunteers kept trying to force me to drink gatorade or V-8 juice, which made me sick to my stomach since it had been so long since I'd had sugar. The only thing that brought me round again was drinking salt mixed into a little water.

If I donate again, I will have a bar or chocolate pancake ahead of time...something on the substantial side. Or I would donate after lunch and borrow a few ounces of protein from dinner. Then, I would have a drink mixed and ready, since the volunteers really want to see you taking in some calories. Maybe even have some salt mixed in.

This was just my experience, so in no way do I think it would happen to anyone else. In fact, my daughter is doing the program with me and she did just fine. I think my vaso-vagal response is really at the root of the problem. But she had eaten a restricted shortly before she gave.

Thank you so much for donating! My baby's life was saved due to donated blood, so know that someone out there is going to be soooooo appreciative of what you gave!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Whenever I say something on here its not to make anyone made or to think I am pin pointing at anyone. I am speaking to everyone in general. I speak from my heart and from my experience, I have gone through everything y'all are going through, I just want everyone to know that this is all part of the process of the program. If it takes the "tough love" then that is what I am going to do, it's just the way I am. Maybe its a southern thing ....lol....sometimes its a good thing and sometimes its not so good because some people "read" it different than what I am trying to say. I never EVER want to offend anyone with what I say, So again I will say If I have every offended anyone with my words I am sorry but it is who I am.
I hope you never change - cuz you are awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay I just thought if something Funny! So NSV here.

I've not bought new underwear and I'm happy to report my big boy undies actually fit the way they're supposed to. I was so uncomfortable in my underwear a few months ago. I thought they were the right size but they weren't. I wear two different brands and they're the same size but much different sizes. Bone brand, Calvin CL. Are still a little snug! But wearable now.

Oh and since you are dying to know!

Boxer Briefs!
You make me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good Morning all my IP Friends!
This forum has become so important in my life and addictive. I cannot get up in the morning without coming in to my computer and look to see what everyone is up to ( right after I grab that first cup of coffee). I enjoy hearing of everyones journeys with the program and insights into their personal lives as well. I have never been one to do Facebook or IM's or really even email that much so this is so new for me. It is such a lifesaver because if I was alone here with this program I would be so lonely! My sister died last August and over the years we did so many weight loss programs; OA, Grey Sheet, WW, ect... She was my sounding board and my constant person on confidences and I really miss her. You all have really filled in for her in a way and I so appreciate it; especially the positive! My sister had stage four breast cancer for 7.5 years and she was the most positive uplifting person I ever met, she always thought she would overcome the disease and saw the best in everyone. She was my biggest cheerleader in life and I totally loved and supported her. Whew, this is really personal and I'm sorry if it is TMI; I just want you all to know how imprortant you are to me and what a void you are filling in my life. Again thank you!.
Darralyn - you are sweet and kind - I always look forward to your posts to see what you are going to say - and it's always perfect!

Staying OP today - my youngest daughter's softball games tonight - turning my pudding into cookies for a snack at the games.

NSV- put on a pair of capris and they buttoned great - and feel a little "hangy" in the hips.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Memorial Day from Canada!!

Well, hubby and I are on approaching our week 5 WI tomorrow. Hubby is doing fantastic, as of last week he was down 20 lbs and I can see he's lost a bit more since then !! I, on the other hand, had a slight detour last Wednesday when I went out for dinner with some girls in my office. They chose a Korean BBQ place that didn't really have too much OP choices. This place serves you assorted uncooked meats and you grill them yourself on the fire pit in the middle of table (pretty fun!). I figured I was "safe" with that but I think that some of the meats had marinades (which I never thought to ask!! )....anyways..LESSON LEARNED!!! I've struggled most of the week to see the scales start moving again but nothing yet!! I'll see what happens at tomorrow's WI but I wont let myself get upset. I've lost (up until last week) 19.5 lbs in the first 4 weeks..OMG! So I take this as a lesson learned and will stay 100% OP. NSV this weekend - Had some friends over that assited to build my garden bed. I ordered them a large pizza for lunch and DH and I ate our salad and protein drink while they ate the Pizza.......It looked good but both DH and I knew that our salad and drink was way healthier and a slice just wasn't worth the set back on this new journey.....YAY for us!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just weeded through my closet...I am down to 8 shirts that fit....lol....I suppose I need to get a second job so I can go get new clothes...lol...WAIT I can't do that, I don't have any clothes that I could work in...lmao....good thing I work from home so my shorts and tshirts are good enough....haha
Old 05-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #70  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

NSV - I tried on a pair o Levi 515 size 12's today that were hiding in my dresser and they FIT! I was surprised that I was in my 14's two weeks ago, then my "stretchy" 12's last Monday, and now my REAL 12's!!! Are they tight around my tummy? Yes, but two months ago they didn't fit over my rear end!

Jumping on board with the "underoo" (underwear) conversation, I bought a bunch of "granny" panties, and will stick with those until I am comfortable in something cuter, or I hit goal, whichever happens first. DH informed me today that I look "extremely good" in size 12's Might try to get him to take my pic today for my profile...
Old 05-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Down 5lbs for first WI! Yeah! I'm proud of myself and happy to see the numbers on the scale going down. Good luck to everyone!

I'm sipping on the pink lemonade drink from Nashua (Protidiet, I think) and it feels too good to be my morning protein packet, but I'll take it.
Great job! Keep up the good work
Old 05-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #72  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Great! Thanks Wuv and everyone, you have eased my restless little heart; the sugar cravings are almost unbearable! However, I know to stay strong and on track, reading everyones progress and success keeps me super motivated. Not to mention the 7lbs I'm down already and week one isn't even through!

With that said, hopefully I can wok something out with my coach, which may be difficult since she's not local.

On that note I'm off to marinate some chicken to bbq later; thinking of a lemon jucice, olive oil, garlic and hot sauce mixture for starters.

Keeping our troops past, present, future and all of you in my heart <3
Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay I just thought if something Funny! So NSV here.

I've not bought new underwear and I'm happy to report my big boy undies actually fit the way they're supposed to. I was so uncomfortable in my underwear a few months ago. I thought they were the right size but they weren't. I wear two different brands and they're the same size but much different sizes. Bone brand, Calvin CL. Are still a little snug! But wearable now.

Oh and since you are dying to know!

Boxer Briefs!
You are freaking HILARIOUS!!!!! Sooo true - I hope my big girl undies are soon too BIG!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. I made it through two cookouts and one drive-in movie 100% OP!! This despite the fact that someone made the yummiest looking mac and cheese I have seen in a long time

Huge NSV ... I spent the entire day today hiking up a pair of pants that just wouldn't stay up -- the exact same pair of pants that I couldn't even zipper a month ago! Yay!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
- Regina Spektor
I don't have any of her CD's but my niece loves her - I like what I've seen when she's been on TV. Really unique talent, which is rare these days. In fact, after she made it big, the idiots in the music business found people who sound like her instead of looking for more unique people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Just weeded through my closet...I am down to 8 shirts that fit....lol....I suppose I need to get a second job so I can go get new clothes...lol...WAIT I can't do that, I don't have any clothes that I could work in...lmao....good thing I work from home so my shorts and tshirts are good enough....haha
Yep...pants are one thing, not so bad to take in, but shirts are more work. I bought several cheap tshirt type tops at Walmart which helped. There's a point when your bra straps start showing because the shirts are just too big! What a terrible problem to have, eh?

Darralyn - I'm so sorry about your sister. I love my brothers and sisters so much and have not lost any yet, and can't imagine how hard it will be when it happens. You are such a sweet, positive force on this board...thank you!

---

Well, after I posted earlier I fell asleep for a half-hour, made lunch, more coffee and managed to get a couple more hours in before pooping out. A nice bath to get the paint chips out of my hair felt really good, and now I'm going to go grill my dinner. Such a great way to use a minimum of fat and not heat up the kitchen. When it turned 87F inside the house, I broke down and turned the a/c on...

After that, I'll try reading more of "The Lord of the Rings" and most likely fall asleep early...
Closed Thread