Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
First off welcome to the program and to the boards, Second, the lettuce is OPTIONAL, well for me that is from my coach. She told me if I didn't want to eat it I didn't have too. It was to be used as a "filler" if I needed it and to help keep me "regular". Every coach is different though so of course follow your coach's instructions.

As far as the restricted products, again every coach and clinic is different and I too have had ONE restricted product since day one. The program was designed to use the restricted daily if you look at the protocol sheet so I don't understand why some coaches aren't allowing it. Again follow your coaches advice, she works with you on a weekly basis and will not steer you wrong. I am by no means a coach, these are from my personal experiences.

OK, now on to the stall.....I have been on the program now for 55 weeks, I just did my average, it comes out to 2.8lbs a week. Y'all have to understand that your body is adjusting to what you have loss so far. I have loss 157lbs in 13 months, I have 32lbs left to go and for the past 3 weeks I have loss 0, 1lb and another 1lb. If it takes me another 30 weeks to lose it then it will take that long, I just take it ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time, ONE pound at a time. There is nothing I can do to change how fast this is going to come off. Is it aggravating of course it is but again there is nothing I can do to change it, I just have to roll with what my body.Y'all want magic things to happen, your body won't lose every week. Y'all panic for no reason, IT WILL COME OFF. I hear the word deprivation, you aren't deprived of anything, you are CHOOSING to eat this way to get healthy. Why are you saying you are deprived? because you can't have the foods you are feeling deprived from are probably the foods that got you to where you are now. Focus on the foods YOU CAN HAVE NOT on the ones you can't. As far as the money goes, the amount of ONE packet is cheaper than any meal you can buy at a fast food place. It is all worth it in the long run.

I am sorry if I am sounding bitter this morning, but over the last week or so there has been a lot of negativity on this board and its driving me crazy. I haven't been posting because I don't want to offend anyone or to sound like a B but enough is enough, put y'all big girl/boy underwear on and move on. Suck it up buttercups, be happy and be proud of what y'all have done so far. Y'ALL are ALL CHANGING YOUR WAY OF LIVES FOR THE BETTER.....SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Lisa,
I think we need more of your tough love. Please don't stay off, we need your words. You know how contagious negativity is. If the ball starts rolling it will pick up momentum. Your words of experience help stop that. We all listen to you (an others like Cadu, Sewmam and Chloe to name a few). Our journey is an emotional one. We need the guidance to keep that emotion on the right road.

NewPath and I both posted last night about not losing, not even a tenth this week. In my earlier weeks on the program I struggled like IPdivajen with low loss. You gave me the advice like above. Because of that and reading everyday about everyone's journey, I accepted the zero loss this week. I jumped on with NewPath to encourage and show it happens, your not alone and we'll make it through it. After 19 weeks and a loss each week but this one, I know this works and will continue to have that faith and not get discouraged. But, of course, the key is to stay 100% OP. I have not wavered once, yet I had zero pounds this week. It happens.

Please, WUV, keep us on track. We need your advice and tough love.
Thanks for all you've done for us.
Molly
Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #17  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

I am going to buy a bathing suit and I am actually excited about it!!!!!!!

Also- this morning, I added cinnamon to my iced coffee w RTD Vanilla- i am in heaven
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I get where you're coming from wuv, I totally do. But yes - this is deprivation. Deprivation by choice but deprivation nonetheless. Every day I choose what I will and will not put in my mouth and those choices are based around what is according to plan. But really, it's not the fast food or cake and cookies that I crave. It's the little things that I really miss like cheese. My kingdom for a bit of cheese! But I'm willing and ready to forgo it because I have to get healthy and I have to make a change. And IP is my way to do it.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on IP, saying it's crap or that it doesn't work. The 62lbs I've lost so far are proof that it does work, and work well. I remain a major proponent of this program. But at the same time not every day can be sunshine and rainbows for me or for anyone else, ya know? We all have bad days, low weeks, and we do get past them, but this is the one place where I know people truly understand how I feel so I post here, hoping for support and understanding because other people have experienced what I have. I'm not trying to bring the board down or be miserable - I'm just being real! This is how I feel.

I will not quit, I will not cheat, I will not stop in the pursuit of my goal. But I still think that it's okay for us to acknowledge the harder days and ask for advice as we go along, otherwise we run the risk of doing each other a disservice.

I'm all for tough love, believe me, and my big girl panties are firmly in place. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with venting how we feel and being real about it. We all know this isn't easy, and we all need support in different ways.
Thanks for posting! I also sometimes need support in different ways- we all have good days, and bad. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel, other days I am motivated more than I thought I could ever be! We all need a place to ask questions, vent, and whatever else. I cannot thank Wuv, or newmom, Ishbel, rissimo, and MANY others ENOUGH who have helped me along the way, providing guidance and support from their own experiences. Recently I have been trying to determine what direction to go for my trip- I am leaning more staying 100%OP but not sure yet.... that is why I am here. Trying to get support and guidance from others experiences. We all have bad days......we all have different stressors, different lives, different psyche, etc. That is the beauty of this forum....to be able to express ourselves. My hope is that others know how much their support (and yes, including YOU) means to me and many others on here that do not post much. Have a great day!

Last edited by mtnsun4; 05-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #19  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Yay! WI #3, I'm down 3.6 lbs! I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks

My fat has gone from 31.5% to 29.1%.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
Up late...which my coach tells me is terrible for weightloss. Regardless of that point, I am in search of a definitive fact. Regarding the restricted snacks, not packets but snacks like bars and chips, etc; originally I was under the impression that you are allotted one a day along with 2 other protein packets, to make it 3 IPs a day. Now my coach tells me its only a couple a week, hopefully I just misunderstood her instead of incorrect info on her part ...I keep seeing mixed messages all over the forums, but am hoping for the best.

How many are permitted within 100% OP? Is it really only a couple?

Because those bars are a HUGE lifesaver for daily sugar cravings! I can't stand the flavor of sweetner, which luckily those don't taste like.

I apologize if this is a redundant repeat of a question, but I really want to be positive to achieve maximum results.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you have a wonderful day off!
My protocol sheet for Phase one says one per day. Do you have a sheet that the coach gave you? PS glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

Happy Memorial Day
Today I am having a Bar B Q for about 35 people. It is supposed to be a hot & sunny day!!! I have no worries about staying OP because at this point in my journey cheating is not an option, in fact it is not even a thought. I am losing this weight this time for good and I will do what ever it takes to get this done. For now this is just the way I eat.

I hope everyone has a great day. Lets remember our Fallen Veterans who lost their lives to give us the Freedoms we enjoy today.
You are so strong and together; I rely on your strength! You are one of my heros here!! Thanks for your example and for remembering our Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
It looks like Wuv (Lisa) addressed this on the lettuce it is a total option like if you are starving! I make a lettuce salad everyday with WF dressing just to have that extra and it is Free! So it is just a bounus.
Welcome to the forum and just stay OP and you will continue to do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
Got the pool deck up this weekend and it looks great. Now time to shed the rest of this weight so I can wear a two piece on the deck. Hmmm no to plan out my day
Good for you; you can do this!!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #21  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default not weight, not size - body fat is what matters!

Here is an interesting graphic someone sent me. Like with other things, it's what's inside that counts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg size 12.jpg (36.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
KathrynRose-
Try shredded lettuce...found right alongside the regular lettuce...yum! I like the consistency so much better and can actually eat it without any oil and vinegar. I am going to look for shredded broccoli today.
I sounds like you are doing great! Yay!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #23  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
First off welcome to the program and to the boards, Second, the lettuce is OPTIONAL, well for me that is from my coach. She told me if I didn't want to eat it I didn't have too. It was to be used as a "filler" if I needed it and to help keep me "regular". Every coach is different though so of course follow your coach's instructions.

As far as the restricted products, again every coach and clinic is different and I too have had ONE restricted product since day one. The program was designed to use the restricted daily if you look at the protocol sheet so I don't understand why some coaches aren't allowing it. Again follow your coaches advice, she works with you on a weekly basis and will not steer you wrong. I am by no means a coach, these are from my personal experiences.

OK, now on to the stall.....I have been on the program now for 55 weeks, I just did my average, it comes out to 2.8lbs a week. Y'all have to understand that your body is adjusting to what you have loss so far. I have loss 157lbs in 13 months, I have 32lbs left to go and for the past 3 weeks I have loss 0, 1lb and another 1lb. If it takes me another 30 weeks to lose it then it will take that long, I just take it ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time, ONE pound at a time. There is nothing I can do to change how fast this is going to come off. Is it aggravating of course it is but again there is nothing I can do to change it, I just have to roll with what my body.Y'all want magic things to happen, your body won't lose every week. Y'all panic for no reason, IT WILL COME OFF. I hear the word deprivation, you aren't deprived of anything, you are CHOOSING to eat this way to get healthy. Why are you saying you are deprived? because you can't have the foods you are feeling deprived from are probably the foods that got you to where you are now. Focus on the foods YOU CAN HAVE NOT on the ones you can't. As far as the money goes, the amount of ONE packet is cheaper than any meal you can buy at a fast food place. It is all worth it in the long run.

I am sorry if I am sounding bitter this morning, but over the last week or so there has been a lot of negativity on this board and its driving me crazy. I haven't been posting because I don't want to offend anyone or to sound like a B but enough is enough, put y'all big girl/boy underwear on and move on. Suck it up buttercups, be happy and be proud of what y'all have done so far. Y'ALL are ALL CHANGING YOUR WAY OF LIVES FOR THE BETTER.....SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Lisa! I've been losing less than 3 pounds a week for the past month. The 3 pounds per week is an average over time. No one consistently loses 3 per week even if you're 100% on the program. I don't think anyone's body can sustain that rate for the long term. Personally, I have weeks where I lose a pound and weeks where I lose a lot more. I don't feel deprived because I know that this is the way I'll be eating for the rest of my life. There's no going back to my previous eating habits. If I do, I'll gain all of the weight back. I definitely don't want to do that!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Wuv sometimes when we are feeling sorry for ourselves for whatever reason we need a kick in the pants to get us back on track, so thanks for that.
I was away on the weekend and didn't stay 100% OP (only on Sat.) Sunday I was back and have been on OP 100% . We all make mistakes for whatever reasons but the important thing is to realize it and get right back on track, and that is what I have done. I know my WI won't be good this week but any loss will be terrific. Thank you to everyone who posts on this board as you never know who you will help with your story. I wish everyone great WI's this week.

Happy Memorial Day to our friends down south
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Here is an interesting graphic someone sent me. Like with other things, it's what's inside that counts!
LOVE THIS!!!! I want a before and after MRI......think my insurance would cover it!!!! LOL
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good Morning everyone;
I agree with everything that Wuv said, put your chin up and smile because if you stick to this program...IT WILL WORK, not all weeks will be the same.

Down another 3 lbs and in the 160's, I never thought that it was going to happen so soon into the program. I love this plan.

Have a great holiday Monday, here in Canada it's back to work and has been raining for almost a week straight, they are promising sun soon...I can't wait.

Cindy
I agree Cindy I need the positive tough love also. If we go off program and cheat what is our option? Obesity, bad health and early death! Someone has to be tough this is a life and death trip we are all on here!! Wuv is trying to save lives here!

Quote:
IPdiva, like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. I am just saying things I have gone through. I understand the cheese thing, trust me I do, cheese is a favorite of mine. BUT see how it made you stop and think and say YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHEAT AND NOT GOING TO GIVE UP. THAT is the only thing I want you to realize, that those 62lbs have made a difference in YOU, just look at your pictures they are amazing. I am not saying this is not where you to come to vent when you are having bad day cuz it is. I am not saying I don't have bad days and am always a ray of sunshine because I am not. We all have our days, I know this, I just try to turn it all around and look for the positive so that others don't think its always bad. *hugs*

EDIT***** glad to know your big girl panties are FIRM in place
As I posted above; I thank you this is serious business here. Feeling deprived is fine; but really if we go back to our comfort foods for comfort we are defeating our pupose and our health. It is hard when you are craving but when you ask for help here people readily offer ideas and now I just think about what am I hungry for? It usually comes down to I am lonely and I want a partner in my life. This is something I was too proud to admit; but I better darn well admit it because eating over it is not going to make it happern ever and food does not love me back! Enough of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Yay! WI #3, I'm down 3.6 lbs! I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks

My fat has gone from 31.5% to 29.1%.
Good for you! Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Now that is an eyeopener and scarey as ****!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Whenever I say something on here its not to make anyone made or to think I am pin pointing at anyone. I am speaking to everyone in general. I speak from my heart and from my experience, I have gone through everything y'all are going through, I just want everyone to know that this is all part of the process of the program. If it takes the "tough love" then that is what I am going to do, it's just the way I am. Maybe its a southern thing ....lol....sometimes its a good thing and sometimes its not so good because some people "read" it different than what I am trying to say. I never EVER want to offend anyone with what I say, So again I will say If I have every offended anyone with my words I am sorry but it is who I am.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Well said Lisa! I've been losing less than 3 pounds a week for the past month. The 3 pounds per week is an average over time. No one consistently loses 3 per week even if you're 100% on the program. I don't think anyone's body can sustain that rate for the long term. Personally, I have weeks where I lose a pound and weeks where I lose a lot more. I don't feel deprived because I know that this is the way I'll be eating for the rest of my life. There's no going back to my previous eating habits. If I do, I'll gain all of the weight back. I definitely don't want to do that!
I applaud you!! We cannot go back to our old ways!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Wuv sometimes when we are feeling sorry for ourselves for whatever reason we need a kick in the pants to get us back on track, so thanks for that.
I was away on the weekend and didn't stay 100% OP (only on Sat.) Sunday I was back and have been on OP 100% . We all make mistakes for whatever reasons but the important thing is to realize it and get right back on track, and that is what I have done. I know my WI won't be good this week but any loss will be terrific. Thank you to everyone who posts on this board as you never know who you will help with your story. I wish everyone great WI's this week.

Happy Memorial Day to our friends down south
You are so kind! Thank you for all your posts.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #29  

Quote:
Whenever I say something on here its not to make anyone made or to think I am pin pointing at anyone. I am speaking to everyone in general. I speak from my heart and from my experience, I have gone through everything y'all are going through, I just want everyone to know that this is all part of the process of the program. If it takes the "tough love" then that is what I am going to do, it's just the way I am. Maybe its a southern thing ....lol....sometimes its a good thing and sometimes its not so good because some people "read" it different than what I am trying to say. I never EVER want to offend anyone with what I say, So again I will say If I have every offended anyone with my words I am sorry but it is who I am.
Wuv, I love who you are, SUCCESSFUL and HONEST!!!! Sometimes honesty hurts. The wise, are the ones who listen, even when it hurts....success is written all over your posts. Your experience, and that of others like you, blaze many a trail for those of us newer to the program. Thank you!

Oops.....forgot to mention, you are BEAUTIFUL too, WUV!!!!!

Last edited by NewPath; 05-28-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
I am going to buy a bathing suit and I am actually excited about it!!!!!!!

Also- this morning, I added cinnamon to my iced coffee w RTD Vanilla- i am in heaven
Wow! Look at you!
(I must figure out the picture thing. Great motivtor!)
Closed Thread