Old 05-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #16  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Yes, I really haven't lost 86 lbs. I'm actually still this fat lady sitting at my computer all day just saying how great IP is ( LOL ).
Curvy maybe. You left "fat" behind 86 pounds ago!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #17  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I have been wondering the same thing too...
I would say word of mouth is their best advertising. I would not have gone to a meeting if I'd not seen my friend and talked to him. How the heck can the advertise like that. I'm skeptical by nature, been a cop too long. But this really works and I saw it in my friend and now my friends are seeing it in me. I tell a few people a day what "I am doing" and where they can get info.

My boss still hasn't noticed. I can't wait until it comes up I hope I am closer to 100#'s lost when it comes up, if it does.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #18  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
IP is great! I have been on it since 11/1 and As of today I have officially loost 85 lbs and I am soooo close to being under 200 lbs for the first time since high school.(I hope to make it these next week. I never dreamed that I would get down to this weight without cheating once.
That is SOOO exciting. I hope to leave the 400's behind with my WI Thursday. I can not wait to get back into the 200's it will be Awesome. Great work, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
LOL I saw that last night with my 10 year old. Funnniest thing is that at one point they were talking about Weight Watchers. And she looked at me and says I don't know why they aren't talking about your diet its way better .... I mean how long have you been doing it ... and how much have you lost? And how long did you do Weight watchers (forever) and how much did you lose (pretty much nothing). She is my biggest cheerleader lately ... but those weight watcher commercials make her mad every time.
That sounds like a great commercial right there. My 9 year old is my best cheerleader too. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck and we went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #19  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I posted about this once before - my mom had gastric bypass a few years ago and nearly died from surgery complications. Ever since she has had vitamin absorbtion problems, hair loss, tooth decay/loss, and has gained back over half the weight she lost..300 - 175 - 240. She has said in hindsight she would not have had the procedure done. Her sister had lapband surgery and gained back all the weight and then some. There are no quick fixes, one of the great benefits of IP is recognizing my food habits and 'relearning to eat,. I am definitely not suffering on this "diet", and I am loving the results too!

Quote:
IP is great! I have been on it since 11/1 and As of today I have officially loost 85 lbs and I am soooo close to being under 200 lbs for the first time since high school.(I hope to make it these next week. I never dreamed that I would get down to this weight without cheating once.
Quote:
Thanks! 7 mos ago I never thought I would make it this far. But once you get in the swing of things it gets easier. I used to read posts of people under 200 lbs and think.... It would take so long to get there... But, now I am almost there
Congratulations! That is so inspiring! I am also amazed at how I haven't cheated, its only been 10 weeks for me. 7 months down...you got this! I love IP!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #20  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
LOL I saw that last night with my 10 year old. Funnniest thing is that at one point they were talking about Weight Watchers. And she looked at me and says I don't know why they aren't talking about your diet its way better .... I mean how long have you been doing it ... and how much have you lost? And how long did you do Weight watchers (forever) and how much did you lose (pretty much nothing). She is my biggest cheerleader lately ... but those weight watcher commercials make her mad every time.
WW did nothing for me either. So I have 22 points to eat or something. It's still easy to eat things that my genetic blood chemistry simply isn't designed to handle well and easily fit within the 22 points or whatever. I'd end up eating slices of cheese or similar at the end of the evening to get that last 5 points.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #21  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

I saw the end of that program, did I hear them right when they said she was going to gain all the weight back that she had lost? And she did it anyway???

I am glad I found IP, and I have not had any complaints about following the protocol, however I too have had problems with the big C. I bouht Novilax at the center and have taken 2 at night and one in the morning (last 3 nights) and still am having a problem....

I've upped my water intake to see if that will help.

For all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! Here's hoping we all have an OP Sunday
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 226/226/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I love IP! I've had so many people whom I haven't seen for a while come up to me and say "Wow! You've lost weight!". Or "You look so pretty! Have you lost weight?". I'm trying to do this just for me but the extra unsolicited encouragement and feedback was so surprising it almost made me cry! I can't believe it.
lila26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 202.6/199.2/120

Height: 5'0

Is IP in Canada or just in the U.S? Is it a diet plan where you eat their food or your own? Tried looking it up on the net but dont really get it for some reason. Can someone explain pls. I know it is mostly protein but what else is there to this diet as it does seem very interesting.
zabou69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #24  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
... My boss still hasn't noticed. I can't wait until it comes up I hope I am closer to 100#'s lost when it comes up, if it does.
You're almost there, usmcvet!! You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
WW did nothing for me either. So I have 22 points to eat or something. It's still easy to eat things that my genetic blood chemistry simply isn't designed to handle well and easily fit within the 22 points or whatever. I'd end up eating slices of cheese or similar at the end of the evening to get that last 5 points.
I would fall prey to the 100 calorie pack myth. Sure, it's only 100 calories of empty, non-nutitritous CARBOHYDRATES, which make me even hungrier than before. Then I can't resist eating another pack and 'somehow' it becomes difficult to stay within allotted points. Notice how WW is owned by General Mills? No conflict of interest there, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila26 View Post
I love IP! I've had so many people whom I haven't seen for a while come up to me and say "Wow! You've lost weight!". Or "You look so pretty! Have you lost weight?". I'm trying to do this just for me but the extra unsolicited encouragement and feedback was so surprising it almost made me cry! I can't believe it.
That is fantastic!! Plus, being able to shop for cuter/smaller clothes and breezing up a flight of stairs as though your years younger!! --That's the best part for me!!
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

You all are the mots encouraging bunch! IP is a good diet, and soooo much beter than having a feeding tube in your nose. Ick!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #26  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabou69 View Post
Is IP in Canada or just in the U.S? Is it a diet plan where you eat their food or your own? Tried looking it up on the net but dont really get it for some reason. Can someone explain pls. I know it is mostly protein but what else is there to this diet as it does seem very interesting.
It is in both Canada and the US. It consists of 4 Phases, Phase 1 being the most restrictive you stay on until 90% of your weight loss goal is met. On Phase 1 you eat 3 IP products/day, 4 cups veggies/day, 8oz protein/day over 4 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack) along with a series of nutritional supplements (potassium, multivitamin, & calcium), sea salt, and 2tsp EVOO, and you are allowed anything '0calories/0fat/0carbs' (Walden Farms, Splenda/Stevia - NO aspartame, Miracle Noodles). You eventually Phase Out by replacing IP meals with your own food until you reach goal and are in maintenance. I can't speak for the other Phases as I am still in Phase 1. The IP foods are $28/box of 7 packets/box, and you need at least 3 boxes/week. There are also alternatives you can use to save money (there is an Alternatives thread on that). It is low carb, low fat, low calorie, no alcohol. The idea is to rest your pancreas and kick you off the carb monster roller coaster.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #27  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I would say word of mouth is their best advertising. I would not have gone to a meeting if I'd not seen my friend and talked to him. How the heck can the advertise like that. I'm skeptical by nature, been a cop too long. But this really works and I saw it in my friend and now my friends are seeing it in me. I tell a few people a day what "I am doing" and where they can get info.

My boss still hasn't noticed. I can't wait until it comes up I hope I am closer to 100#'s lost when it comes up, if it does.
I have to agree, I have a friend that recently lost 55# and looks great, and works out of town like I do, so I had to ask what he was doing...(men dont do this lol), but I had to. If it had not been for the info and recommendation from him, I likely would not have pursued it.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
I did WW and lost 30 plus lbs and kept it off, I believe the program works for some but IP will help you lose the last few lbs and lose it relatively fast.

When I did WW I was NEVER constipated, I ate whole grains and fruits and veggies and went consistently. Being irregular on IP isn't healthy. So I give WW kudos for keeping people from developing hemroids and other related illnesses as a result of being constipated

Last edited by Trinique125; 05-15-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #29  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I have to agree, I have a friend that recently lost 55# and looks great, and works out of town like I do, so I had to ask what he was doing...(men dont do this lol), but I had to. If it had not been for the info and recommendation from him, I likely would not have pursued it.
It is more powerful when it is someone you know personally.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I have wondered why they don't advertise IP. The only reason I learned about is because someone on Facebook asked if anyone had heard of the Ideal Protein diet. I had not so I googled it and that lead me to the IP website and then to my local provider. I am grateful for the program and wish I could afford to pay for it for several of my family members.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote