Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
I have always had my IP snack at mid-morning rather than in the evening because of my schedule. For the last several days, I have skipped the snack (a shake) because I haven't really been getting hungry until nearly lunch time, so I just wait and have lunch. (My breaks/lunch are at prescribed times, and I can't change them willy-nilly.) Then, in the evening for dinner I have my meat/fish/chicken and a salad with my veggies. I have a bar for b-fast and a soup & salad/veggies for lunch. So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!
It's great you are getting in your vegees and meat, but you really need the 3 packets everyday. The protein will sustain you and prevent using muscles for energy. I know what you mean about eating when you are not hungry, and trying to change that habit, but you maybe you can think of this as eating for your health, not to feed an emotional need. Whatever works!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard N7 View Post
Good morning all!

Had my Week 4 WI yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! I knew I shouldn't have gotten too discouraged when I was up a half pound the middle of last week, but I just can't stay away from that scale.

I finally reached my breaking point with veggies over the weekend. Twice I literally gagged down my last 2 cups of the day. The third time, I just couldn't finish them. I figured it was better to keep down my entire meal, it was that bad. After discussing this with my coach, she finally gave me the option to be more "creative" with my packets. I was previously discouraged from doing this. She is also allowing me to use a vegetable supplement no more than twice a week. I'm going with Vibrant Health's Field of Greens. I was also told to count my salad if there is just no way I can choke down those veggies.

I'm going to keep trying without falling back on those last two options, but it's nice to know they are there should I need them. Part of my "problem" is that I have little to no appetite on this diet. So eating things I'm not particularly fond of, or am just plain sick of, is made all the more difficult for me.
Just curious...what do you mean by being 'creative' with your packets, and why does your coach not like that? If it means using a recipes like the IP packet recipes here, I don't see what the issue is, especially if it helps you get all your vegees in, and keeps you OP and not bored. That's my 2cents worth anyway...

Oh yeah, CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-24-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #78  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

So I am new to this forum and I am really happy you are all here. I have been doing IP since Jan 17 and have lost 35 lbs. GREAT SUCCESS Right? Here's my dilemma: I was on IP for two weeks before my husband and I did great. Didn't want to cheat and had no problem turning down all the food that floats around my workplace and house. Then my husband joined and we had "fun" doing it together. I then started to stall out after about 8 weeks. I did not cheat. I switched off the alternative and moved to the regular program. This helped for 2 weeks then comes the stalling again. At this time my husband reached his goal (in 8 weeks = 52 lbs) and I get depressed and discouraged. I then start the cheating. That next week I make a choice to stop the cheating and begin the Novi-Cleanse. This helped a lot, but I couldn't stop the cheating.
Now the cheating is taking over my mind. I need help. I need support and I need to find a way to stop the cheating. Can someone please help me?? I am so ashamed.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
So I am new to this forum and I am really happy you are all here. I have been doing IP since Jan 17 and have lost 35 lbs. GREAT SUCCESS Right? Here's my dilemma: I was on IP for two weeks before my husband and I did great. Didn't want to cheat and had no problem turning down all the food that floats around my workplace and house. Then my husband joined and we had "fun" doing it together. I then started to stall out after about 8 weeks. I did not cheat. I switched off the alternative and moved to the regular program. This helped for 2 weeks then comes the stalling again. At this time my husband reached his goal (in 8 weeks = 52 lbs) and I get depressed and discouraged. I then start the cheating. That next week I make a choice to stop the cheating and begin the Novi-Cleanse. This helped a lot, but I couldn't stop the cheating.
Now the cheating is taking over my mind. I need help. I need support and I need to find a way to stop the cheating. Can someone please help me?? I am so ashamed.
First of all, welcome! Second, don't beat yourself up over this, and don't compare yourself to anybody, including your husband. We've all been there, blaming ourselves, feeling bad, feeling guilty...but it doesn't really get you anywhere in the long run. This is not a contest. It is a journey that each of us take, alone.

I'm thinking that just the fact that you are stopping for a moment and thinking about it is a good sign. This is a very structured program and you have to be ready for it, that's for sure. Take the opportunity of that structure dictating exactly what to eat, etc., so you can then really dive into your soul and think about what you want for yourself, for your future, for your health. I don't know how many pounds you have to loose, or how long the IP will go on, but it is a lifelong journey, this change in attitude towards food and health, so it's good to just stop right now and decide what you want. It can help you stay focused and motivated.

And remember, we've all been there and we are all here for you! Hang in there!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #80  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Wow, wow, wow! I know men loose more on this diet, but your progress is amazing! Good for you! I lost almost 150 pds, but it took me over a year! For me, IP saved my life. It is spendy, and I'll be paying off that bill for awhile, but it's cheaper than the health costs of a heart attack or worse. There are several people here who use the alternatives and there are some threads on it, so that could be an option for you too.

I find it so encouraging to see people who want to make such a fundamental change in their life and really embrace this - good for you and good luck!!!
It is expensive but it is worth it and the alternative is much more expensive. I've not eaten fast food in almost a month. I know that alone has been a huge savings and all of the take out and lunches out. It has been more expensive but it is not as much of an increase when I look at everything I am no longer spending money on.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Height: 5'8"

Does anyone think there are more to these vitamins? I notice that I was not taking the night ones and I didn't lose weight, then I started taking them again I lost 6 lbs in a week. Crazy.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie7878 View Post
Does anyone think there are more to these vitamins? I notice that I was not taking the night ones and I didn't lose weight, then I started taking them again I lost 6 lbs in a week. Crazy.
Not sure...I do know that magnesium helps the muscles relax, including our intestines, so it can help with the big C. (hence, 'milk of magnesia' products...)

Anyway, great loss!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #83  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Good afternoon everyone!! Hope everyone is having a successful day. Had WI#28 today and i'm down another 3 pounds, I was so excited as I didn't think I lost any this week, so imagine my surprise when the scale moved.

Trying the BBQ hamburger with the portabella mushroom as a bun today, sounds delish can't wait for supper!!

Have a great week everyone and good luck to everyone else who has WI's this week!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Good afternoon everyone!! Hope everyone is having a successful day. Had WI#28 today and i'm down another 3 pounds, I was so excited as I didn't think I lost any this week, so imagine my surprise when the scale moved.

Trying the BBQ hamburger with the portabella mushroom as a bun today, sounds delish can't wait for supper!!

Have a great week everyone and good luck to everyone else who has WI's this week!!
Way to go!!! You're doing awesome on your journey! Enjoy your BBQ.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #85  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Just curious...what do you mean by being 'creative' with your packets, and why does your coach not like that? If it means using a recipes like the IP packet recipes here, I don't see what the issue is, especially if it helps you get all your vegees in, and keeps you OP and not bored. That's my 2cents worth anyway...
Yeah, she isn't really a fan of using the IP packet recipes, and from what I gathered, she considers it a slippery slope. I've been 100% OP, so I'm not too worried about it. But now I can do it with her blessing. Haha!

Quote:
Oh yeah, CONGRATS on your loss!!!
Thank you!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #86  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Okay before I even read the forum (I still need to make dinner!!) I wanted to run here and tell ya'll about my first WI! I was so excited I wanted to use my coaches computer but thought better of it!!

SOOOOOO!!! well first let me say I have not hit ketosis yet, but I am okay with that, because I still had a good WI! I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches!! I am so happy! I told DH and he said he wants to do the alternatives with me!! So happy for that!! I am going to go make some dinner and then I will be back to read!!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hola IP family! Here for my daily fix.

Congrats on all the losses today! Wow, saw a few who lost 4+ this week! How awesome. I'll be happy if I even get 2 this week, with TOM. I've peeked at my scale and it only seems like one so far, even tho I've been 100% OP. I'm really hoping for the *~** Whoosh Fairy**~*~*~ to visit me.
I really want to be able to phase to P2 in mid to late May... some of my June / July plans are revolving around me being on P3 and looking for P4.

Dana - Congrats! I've been holding my breath for you.

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to Stephanie's vitamin question? I switched to CVS vitamins and am wondering if that's why I"m only seeing 1 lb this week? What do you think?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!
Can only echo what the others said rather well already: Yes, you need all 3 packets every day to achieve optimum results. Plus the protein at regular intervals fuels ketosis and you need that especially overnight. You can do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard N7 View Post
Good morning all!

Had my Week 4 WI yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! I knew I shouldn't have gotten too discouraged when I was up a half pound the middle of last week, but I just can't stay away from that scale.

I finally reached my breaking point with veggies over the weekend. Twice I literally gagged down my last 2 cups of the day. The third time, I just couldn't finish them. I figured it was better to keep down my entire meal, it was that bad. After discussing this with my coach, she finally gave me the option to be more "creative" with my packets. I was previously discouraged from doing this. She is also allowing me to use a vegetable supplement no more than twice a week. I'm going with Vibrant Health's Field of Greens. I was also told to count my salad if there is just no way I can choke down those veggies.

I'm going to keep trying without falling back on those last two options, but it's nice to know they are there should I need them. Part of my "problem" is that I have little to no appetite on this diet. So eating things I'm not particularly fond of, or am just plain sick of, is made all the more difficult for me.
How about just mixing in 2 c spinach into a shake (using drink or pudding) twice a day? So simple and goes down so easily. You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Okay before I even read the forum (I still need to make dinner!!) I wanted to run here and tell ya'll about my first WI! I was so excited I wanted to use my coaches computer but thought better of it!!

SOOOOOO!!! well first let me say I have not hit ketosis yet, but I am okay with that, because I still had a good WI! I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches!! I am so happy! I told DH and he said he wants to do the alternatives with me!! So happy for that!! I am going to go make some dinner and then I will be back to read!!
Congratulations!! That's a fabulous loss! Enjoy the feeling! and get used to because while the losses taper down in subsequent weeks, they are far greater than just about any other diet. The feedback you get on the scale every week or two is wonderful.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all!

NSV: I tried on some 18s yesterday, and they fit!!!!! I couldn't believe it! They leave me with muffin top, it's true. But golly, they zipped up no problem! Whoohoo!

I want to wear non-plus sizes so bad I can taste it!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #90  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is.
I'm in TN as well!! It was a beautiful day! I was glad because we had our 2nd graders going to the zoo. Tomorrow we will be going to the science center! JOY!!

WTG on your WI!! That is what keeps me rolling on this, that the weight keeps coming off, not just at first!!
Closed Thread