Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I was just thinking....maybe we aren't eating our pizza, cake and ice cream everyday, but it's not gruel! (I have this vision of Oliver saying, 'Please sir, I want some more! ) I miss just eating whatever/whenever I wanted, but what I can eat is really very tasty, so I try to remember that. When I do have a weak moment and have a 'cheat' I think, 'at least it's not chocolate cake!' You've got to keep a sense of humour in this journey....

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-24-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #32  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi Sandra and welcome back. I had a bit of a similar situation after my holiday phase off. I got right back on plan and did good for about 3 weeks then it was off and on and off and on. I also left my coach around that same time and started to do it on my own----I discovered I need the accountability of a weekly WI. I'm still going it on my own but have recruited my DH as my accountability coach. Good luck to you.

Thank you

Good luck to you too.

My husband recruited himself for me, lol, he keeps me accountable, and it is not a secret to anyone that I am indeed so jealous when I look at him, with all his big muscles and his Greek-god like body! seriously! I want that... I mean not him.... I already have him luckily, but I want to be at this level of fitness, if not that, a little bit less, and I will take it, lol
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #33  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I meet with my Dr. tonight and hopefully start Wednesday morning! It truly enjoy coming here and reading all of the feedback. I am hoping to get my college body back as I found drinking beer and eating out constantly doesn't help the figure! I will keep everyone updated after I start! Have a great day!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

It seems we are struggling with temptations. Well this is what happened to me this weekend.

I went off program on Saturday, no problem had it under control ready to go again on Sun. Well needless to say did well till the pot luck after church. BLEW IT. So on the way home I said to my self very bluntly do you want to weigh 200 lbs again or do you want to go down 10 more lbs. Was the cake worth it was the other food worth it. Well my answer to myself was NO. So I decided not to look at it as if I have 20 more lbs to lose I have 10 to go then we will work on the next 10. I have to take this 10 lbs at a time. And really the treats weren't as good as they used to be. Sometimes we need to really give ourselves a what for. And my DH who never has input said babe you have came way to far to quit now. I love this program I love how I feel when I stay OP and I look darn good.

And by the way for the ones asking about exercise. I walk 3 miles a day sometimes I do a little Zumba. I just add protein when I feel like I have really worked hard. Mind you I have never been one to work out alot. I just started all the walking when we got our dog Bradford becouse he requires alot of exercise.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Having a VERY frustrating day at work...but so far not craving food as a crutch.
Ready to knock some heads together though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #36  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone hoping everyone is well

I have been very lethargic the past few days which seems odd since I am on week 3. Today I am feeling somewhat better so think it was a virus going around. Also because I was so tired and sleepy I had not been getting in my 3 packets a day so will have to make sure I do that even when I dont feel like eating..

Congratulations to the losers today and for those who are struggling remember this
Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

That is my mantra for today and every day
Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #37  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSky07 View Post
Good morning everyone. I was wondering if I could add Vanilla extract to a Vanilla shake to make it taste better? Or if anyone has any other ideas? It tastes pretty bland to me.
I think you can!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Wink

[QUOTE=rissimo;4305987]Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is. [/QUOTE

AWESOME !!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Okay, day three and it is going better. I woke up this morning with a little more energy than I used to.

Yesterday for lunch I had my shake, but went to Wendy's and ordered one of their salads - pulled everything out of it (bacon, chicken, blue cheese, croutons, etc.) and ate it with no dressing (forgot my Walden's at home), but it was not bad. I fulfilled my need to chew something and that was the goal.

Today, I am going to a burger joint and having a plain burger (no bun) and another salad with stuff picked off. I want to have a packet for dinner with veggies.

Water has been no problem. I can down 2-32oz. jugs during work and I drink another 32oz. at home.

I too suffer from being able to keep to a plan for a week, but then the second week I slide. I do not want to do that again. I want to see a weight loss at WI on Saturday and have it motivate me to follow the plan into the next week. Lets take this one bite (no pun intended) at a time.

PS - I took "before" pictures this morning!

PPSS - All of you are inspiring me with every comment. Congrats on your progress!
I hope you are getting in 4 cups of select veggies!!! Salad does not count toward your 4 cups of veggies a day.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhalphen View Post
So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can you have coffee but not a diet soft drink in the morning?

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

Any advise would be appreciated
I don't have enough energy to get thru much exercise. You will have to see how you feel. I got very sick feeling and lightheadded after I walked and lifted weights, even using an extra packet. Think it depends on the person. Just trust your body. We are only eating about 800 calories a day, so that doesn't leave many calories for exercise.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #41  
Started IP 2/23/2012

My ultrasound yesterday afternoon went well. I felt invaded, but I am hoping to find out the results by tomorrow. I leave for 10 days Thurs. morning. I am going to Dallas area (Lavon) for the weekend to visit my sister, and then on to Casper, Wy for work. I am so excited to get to some warm weather
Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #42  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Good morning and CONGRATS to the losers! It's a bit chilly here today but I love it. Leaving soon for my second WI. I don't feel a loss as much as I did last week, but I'm sure I have dropped something. I have stayed OP with no cheats. I did have trouble, however, remembering all of the supplements occasionally.
Will check in with the results later!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #43  
Started IP 3/26/12

'Morning everyone. I'm almost at the 1 month point.. WI #4 coming up tomorrow. Last week's WI was only 1 lb., so I am hoping for better tomorrow... but of course, I'll be happy regardless. I keep reminding myself that I have to 'keep my eye on the prize' and look at this long-term... not get too concerned about what the scale says on a weekly basis. Thinking about it earlier this morning, I was rather astonished that I've found it relatively easy to stick so well to a diet program for a month. It bodes well for the months to come.

I'm feeling good, and luckily not experiencing cravings or tiredness at this point. I'd contemplated adding exercise, but have decided to keep it pretty low key for the present... I am doing a walking routine - just 1 mile - with Leslie Sansome's 'Walk Away the Pounds' video about 3 times a week. Right now that's enough I think. And I've decided to add weight training into my regime as soon as I get the Slow Burn Workout videos which I ordered over the weekend.

Tomorrow I head into the 'Big City' (Toronto, Ontario) for work-related meetings, and will experience my first day of having to eat away from home. Our TO office is right in the middle of the Greek area of Toronto, so I think I'll head to one of them and have chicken kebobs and salad, with oil & vinegar dressing, for lunch. I'll just switch my normal lunch and dinner routines for tomorrow, and have my salad + whatever allottment of veg still needs to be eaten for the day with a alternate-IP shake or soup, for dinner. I'll be eating dinner a little later than usual, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem... I'll take a bar along with me for my afternoon snack, which I'll probably have around 4pm tomorrow. (My coach originally put me on a 4 packet/day regime, and I'm still sticking with that, at least for now).

I have to do a couple of errands downtown today, so that will result in some walking exercise too. It seems odd not to have to be pushing myself to exercise more, but I understand the logic behind it while we're on this regime.

I hope all of you have a great day. Good look to all on their WIs and I'm sending positive healing thoughts to those who've posted here of health-related issues.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #44  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Good morning! Good news, no breast cancer!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes yesterday. The only thing I do have to deal with is that the pathologist did find something called LCIS which puts me at greater risk for breast cancer during my life time. I have 3 options to deal with it, so will be consulting my doctor and then decide which way to go. In the meantime I'm getting thinner, and healthier everyday which goes a long way in living a long and healthy life.

On that note I'm down 2 lbs this week and in just two more pounds I will be in the 170's. Unbelievable! Now off to read the daily chat.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good morning! Good news, no breast cancer!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes yesterday. The only thing I do have to deal with is that the pathologist did find something called LCIS which puts me at greater risk for breast cancer during my life time. I have 3 options to deal with it, so will be consulting my doctor and then decide which way to go. In the meantime I'm getting thinner, and healthier everyday which goes a long way in living a long and healthy life.

On that note I'm down 2 lbs this week and in just two more pounds I will be in the 170's. Unbelievable! Now off to read the daily chat.

That is great news.
Closed Thread