Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
good luck! I've worn my lightest pants, my lightest shirts, taken my shoes off every time I weigh-in ! I bet we all have....
My coach said she had ladies (and guys) who would strip to their underwear. I was told that the scale did adjust for clothing, and I found the weights to be within a pound or two from my home scale....only problem was, sometimes it would be less, and sometimes more.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just back from WI.. lost 2 1/2 pounds and 6 1/4 inches. ( hmmm, I lost a 1/2 a foot of my body). I am now exactly half way to goal. yaaaaay its all down hill from here.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
Cadu, Congratulations on the WI and being halfway to goal!! I'm halfway to goal too!

[quote=IPdivajen;4298654] For the past two weeks I've lost 3.6 lbs each time. And I'm disappointed!

That is an amazing loss, really - half a pound a day!! Google what a pound of fat looks like and you lost 7 of those in the past 2 weeks. It's huge. Feel good about your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
Happy Friggn Wed!!!! IPeeps I was a lil dejected last nite.... but I woke up proud of my first weigh in (last nite)

I loss 2 inches in my waist, .5 inches in my bust area and 5 lbs ...
and.... Im retaining water right now because my TOM, cometh.

Im OP baby!!!!
How great to lose that much and have TOM!! Really super, next week will be pretty good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Tomorrow is my third weigh in. I am nervous and excited. I've had such great success so far, I want to keep moving in the right direction.
I'm excited for you - you will do well, no question. The critical thing is to just keep doing the diet, knowing some weeks will be better than others. During those times when I gained (I had 2 weeks when I gained over the past 10 weeks), I just strengthened my resolve and kept plowing forward.

However, you will most likely lose tomorrow too and just think where you'll be in 6 months, 8 months, 10 months? How much healthier and happier? I've always thought that when the losses were minimal, the next week, or the one after, would be a lot bigger and they have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I'm not as happy is everyone else lol and I find myself going thru alot of emotions alot of ups and downs, it's crazy. Everyday is a freakin battle, but I'm still here pushing thru. <--- i love this dang carrot!
Mlucas,
I think many of us aren't as happy all the time as we might appear. We are happy much of the time, but not all the time. I have to say, the longer I'm on this diet, the happier I am. This diet causes hormones to be released into our bloodstream as the fat is burned, so that's why some of the ups and downs. Some is probably all the changes we are making mentally too as we learn to eat again. Reading Sewmam's messages is especially helpful to me - she is very much on the mental journey now and sharing her wisdom (after losing 150 pounds).

Quote:

I haven't tried that creamy bacon dressing yet...too scared. I have not liked the soy-bacon in the past, the baco-bits, and I think that's what's in it, right? Oh my! I'm even going to create my own homemade real sugar-free maple syrup and find a healthy waffle recipe. Just bought a waffle iron...
Yes, I think they are fake bacon bits but my taste buds have changed, I'm happy with them. At one time, a few years ago, we had a bacon tasting at my house - 5 kinds of bacon and a number of us decided which we liked best - just thought of that, funny...

Would you share your waffle recipe after you create it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
This is my 2nd week on IP, and so far, no weight loss. After seeing a 8.8 lbs loss last week, I was looking for atleast 1 lb drop.

I have been 100% OP and no cheats. I eat 1 restricted and 2 non-restricted foods each day along with the required veggies for lunch and dinner.

I am short, only 5 feet tall and currently 133.4. I hope I have not plateaued since I have 23lbs left to reach my ideal goal. Weigh in is on Saturday..

Any ideas to get me going?
Make sure you are drinking lots of water (I drink 90-120 oz of Mio flavored water/day), not constipated, getting all your olive oil, having a snack before bedtime (so your body doesn't go into starvation mode overnight).

I gained 2 pounds my second week but made up for it in the following 2 weeks. It will all balance out, stay focused and trusting. It might help you to read Dr. Tran's book, it's found in the first message of the daily thread, a free download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayk86 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

It keeps snowing here and then stopping and trying to get nice and then it snows again.
But on the good side of things I am down 2.6lbs this morning and that brings me into ONEDERLAND
Lindsay, Congrats on getting to onederland!! Hope you feel better soon. can't imagine what it's like to live where you get so much snow. But spring is coming!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning Beautiful Ladies!

I hope no one minds if I just vent a bit. . .I will try to keep it brief. I lost my DH to cancer 10 yrs ago. It has taken me a very long time to heal. I have always hoped that someday I would find someone to share my life with again, but it is such a different ball game now (I am 56). It has always p*ssed me off that there is such a double standard when it comes to looks and weight. How many times have we seen the bald, beer-bellied guy with a model-type who is 20 years younger on his arm? (Apologies to the gentlemen who are reading, but it really is true). It is even perpetuated by popular TV shows like "According To Jim" (not to mention that Jim is a total idiot as well). I have dabbled a bit with the on-line dating sites, and yesterday a guy contacted me, saying he would like to chat. He described himself as kind, loving, big-hearted, fun, very good-looking, and on and on. Then, went on to specify that he was looking for someone who was very fit--after all he "work(s) at it and so should everyone else" (his words). This is kindness??? In my mind, he might as well have put "Fatties Need Not Apply." I have been upset ever since. I know, I know, there are decent men out there. But it is very true that by the time you reach your 50's, they are darn scarce. It breaks my heart for every single woman alive -- most of us diet for a huge portion of our lives, spend hundreds of dollars and endless hours on make-up, hair and clothes, stuff our feet into pointy toed sky-high heels, only to be told that we are still not good enough to be loved. I am mad, I am sad and I am just plain discouraged. The only good thing that I can say, is that so-and-so is NOT going to drive me to the doughnuts and ice cream. He is not worth it. But he IS going to get a piece of my mind!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Okay ladies - help me give my head a shake. For the past two weeks I've lost 3.6 lbs each time. And I'm disappointed! I KNOW I should be overjoyed. I do! But why do I keep wishing for/expecting more?!

GAH! Feel free to cyber slap me around a bit.
That is a great loss! I know we get used to the bigger losses on IP, but a loss is a loss, take it, lol! I lost 2.2 lbs. this week and my coach said I was spoiled by the larger losses .I also want to thank you for your response about the PCOS, my daughter is going to check with her Dr. about the Metformin, but I'm sure she will want her to continue....it has been a struggle for her to lose weight, so we are hoping this works for her....we snuck a look at the scale last night (after she had eaten!) and it was down 2 lbs., she was disappointed but I told her it wasn't her official weigh in yet and she had all her clothes on, AND she had just eaten. Anyway, AWESOME job on the weight loss, keep doing what you are doing cause it's working!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayk86 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

down 2.6lbs this morning and that brings me into ONEDERLAND barely but I am in haha it's been years probably 8 years since I have seen a 1 in front of my numbers on the scale. It's very rewarding.
Congratulations, can't wait to get there myself!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

Had my 4th official weigh-in today. I was down 2.6 pounds from last week, and lost another 4 inches. That makes a total of 20.8 pounds and I didn't think to ask how many inches.

Today I may get around to painting the walls in my kitchen and possibly even getting the last of the cabinet doors re-painted. I make no promises, though.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!
Wishing everyone a fabulous day!!!
WI #4 for me today - I'm excited... I'm starting to feel changes in my body.

Does anyone know a trick to make WF Ceasar dressing more palatable? I think it's terrible, but don't want to throw it out.
I wonder how it would be for a marinate for chicken?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Thanks for all the virtual tough love - I needed it! I think I'm suffering from some of that estrogen flooding as I lose the weight and it's temporarily impacting my mood. 'Cause logically I KNOW they're great losses. But my emotional side doesn't see it as much. Stoopid hormones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
That is a great loss! I know we get used to the bigger losses on IP, but a loss is a loss, take it, lol! I lost 2.2 lbs. this week and my coach said I was spoiled by the larger losses .I also want to thank you for your response about the PCOS, my daughter is going to check with her Dr. about the Metformin, but I'm sure she will want her to continue....it has been a struggle for her to lose weight, so we are hoping this works for her....we snuck a look at the scale last night (after she had eaten!) and it was down 2 lbs., she was disappointed but I told her it wasn't her official weigh in yet and she had all her clothes on, AND she had just eaten. Anyway, AWESOME job on the weight loss, keep doing what you are doing cause it's working!

Yay! Very happy for your daughter. If you or she have any other questions about metformin, PCOS, type 2 or all of the above while being on IP, feel free to post here or message me. Happy to share my experiences, especially if they can be helpful!

I was diagnosed with PCOS five years ago after two years of trying to conceive with no luck. In the five years that followed we did all kinds of fertility treatments, every drug known to man and every procedure (5 IUI's and three IVF's) to no avail. So I understand the frustrations of PCOS all too well.

You can tell her though that thanks to IP, I got TOM naturally for the first time in over TWO YEARS. So it really can help reset the body clock. Continued good luck to you both!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Good morning everyone and hope you all are having a great week!

Yesterday, I saw on the news about this new diet that requires a feeding tube and wanted to see if anyone else saw it. A doctor puts a feeding tube in you and this is all you eat for 10 days. They say you can loose up to 20 pounds. The cost is $1500/10 days. I think I will stick to eating my IP food!!

Peg
I saw it. Some women are doing this in order to fit into their wedding dresses. I can't believe that a reputable doctor would allow this. I think it's awful and contributes to the negative image too many women have of themselves that they feel they need to go to this extreme.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THISTIME4ME View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm just checking in and testing my updated avatar.
I'm losing slower than most, but I am still losing...

Have an awesome day!!!!
Heidi
I'm looking at your losses per week, they look great. As long as the scale is in a downward direction all is good, congratulations on your losses!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
This is my 2nd week on IP, and so far, no weight loss. After seeing a 8.8 lbs loss last week, I was looking for atleast 1 lb drop.

I have been 100% OP and no cheats. I eat 1 restricted and 2 non-restricted foods each day along with the required veggies for lunch and dinner.

I am short, only 5 feet tall and currently 133.4. I hope I have not plateaued since I have 23lbs left to reach my ideal goal. Weigh in is on Saturday..

Any ideas to get me going?
Are you also eating the required 8 oz. of meat/fish/chicken for dinner?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #72  

Default I've been there, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Good morning Beautiful Ladies!

I hope no one minds if I just vent a bit. . .I will try to keep it brief. I lost my DH to cancer 10 yrs ago. It has taken me a very long time to heal. I have always hoped that someday I would find someone to share my life with again, but it is such a different ball game now (I am 56). It has always p*ssed me off that there is such a double standard when it comes to looks and weight. How many times have we seen the bald, beer-bellied guy with a model-type who is 20 years younger on his arm? (Apologies to the gentlemen who are reading, but it really is true). It is even perpetuated by popular TV shows like "According To Jim" (not to mention that Jim is a total idiot as well). I have dabbled a bit with the on-line dating sites, and yesterday a guy contacted me, saying he would like to chat. He described himself as kind, loving, big-hearted, fun, very good-looking, and on and on. Then, went on to specify that he was looking for someone who was very fit--after all he "work(s) at it and so should everyone else" (his words). This is kindness??? In my mind, he might as well have put "Fatties Need Not Apply." I have been upset ever since. I know, I know, there are decent men out there. But it is very true that by the time you reach your 50's, they are darn scarce. It breaks my heart for every single woman alive -- most of us diet for a huge portion of our lives, spend hundreds of dollars and endless hours on make-up, hair and clothes, stuff our feet into pointy toed sky-high heels, only to be told that we are still not good enough to be loved. I am mad, I am sad and I am just plain discouraged. The only good thing that I can say, is that so-and-so is NOT going to drive me to the doughnuts and ice cream. He is not worth it. But he IS going to get a piece of my mind!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
You'd think those guys are great catches, but believe me, they aren't. I've done the online dating thing, too, several times. I've given up. None that I have met live up to their profiles. I was beginning to think God was playing tricks on me. There has to be a better way. Try not to take it personally. He doesn't know you. He's just hurting himself by not giving himself a chance to get to know you. His loss.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Official WI this morning..another 5.9! Whoot Whoot!
They just got another soup in today so I bought a box, Chicken Ala King! It was delicious!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #74  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Good morning everyone and hope you all are having a great week!

Yesterday, I saw on the news about this new diet that requires a feeding tube and wanted to see if anyone else saw it. A doctor puts a feeding tube in you and this is all you eat for 10 days. They say you can loose up to 20 pounds. The cost is $1500/10 days. I think I will stick to eating my IP food!!

Peg
Pretty sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just back from WI.. lost 2 1/2 pounds and 6 1/4 inches. ( hmmm, I lost a 1/2 a foot of my body). I am now exactly half way to goal. yaaaaay its all down hill from here.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post

People are starting to call me "skinny", I don't think I have ever been called "skinny" before. It's interesting how a couple of months back, I didn't want any attention, I would always hang back in the crowd, now I will take the attention. It feels pretty good that people are noticing and commenting.

Have a great day Everyone!!!!
My coach calls me that every time she sees me waiting in the waiting room of the doctor's office for her. She always says in front of the other patients, "Hello skinny." The old part of me is embarrassed, but the new me enjoys it. I guess I'm going to have to like some attention now. The old me shunned it, while the new me is trying to get use to it. Lots of adjustments, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
Happy Friggn Wed!!!! IPeeps I was a lil dejected last nite.... but I woke up proud of my first weigh in (last nite)

I loss 2 inches in my waist, .5 inches in my bust area and 5 lbs ...
and.... Im retaining water right now because my TOM, cometh.

I was kinda dissapointed with myself last nite ... but "kitkat" made me feel better ... I really appreciate the support and kind words last nite.

I feel muuuuch better about my 5lb (in 7 days !!!! and TOM coming)

Im OP baby!!!!
5 pounds in 7 days is awesome!

Quote:
good luck! I've worn my lightest pants, my lightest shirts, taken my shoes off every time I weigh-in ! I bet we all have....
Very light t-shirt, yoga pants, and of course NO SHOES. I can't get much lighter than that.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

I tend to have serious mood swings aka PMS during my TOM. I have taken St. Johns Wort or Midol in the past. Im taking them again. the mood swing, the hormones.... Midol also has a diuretic in it and has been a god send when I "wig" out. I think the last straw was me CRYING and boo'hooing watching "The Voice" .... and I was happy about the performances? WTF? lol yeah Midol and St. Johns Wort here I come...

lol @ my mood swinging self.
Closed Thread