Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Maybe you just had a stomach bug, I hope you are feeling better today. When you say eating a sizable meal, just what are you eating? You should be eating your 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies and that is it. You should be having this every night.
Hey Wuv,
By sizeable I mean that I get the 8 oz of meat (some nights 7.5-8 oz). I do make myself eat the 2 cups of veggies. Maybe it was just a bug. Im feeling much better today. Tonight I will eat slower & hope things go down the pipe better. Do anyone know if we can have sugar free jello other than the Raspberry jello on IP? I've had a taste of jello after eating that one.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I have a question/concern...my daughter started on the Alternatives last Thursday, we are doing it like IP, but she is not feeling good still....she has PCOS, and takes Metformin (for the PCOS, not Diabetes) and a diuretic, plus her vitamins, etc. She was iron deficient at one time, but took Iron supplements (I think she still might be) to help with that. She just doesn't feel good, dizziness, a headache, and what she describes as pressure in her head. I have made a notebook for her with everything I received for IP, so she knows the first week or so is tough, but just want to check in with the experts here to make sure that we are doing everything correctly considering her medications. I have my WI today and will post later, I feel like I have lost more inches than weight This week, I'll take it! Thanks everyone for being such an inspiration, I am here everyday even if I don't post....
Hi, I was on metformin when I started IP, but for pre-diabetes. After a month of utter misery, nausea, dizzies, I called my doctor and the nurse said I should have dropped it immediately because it was lowering my blood sugar too much. Even though your daughter is not diabetic, could that be happening here? I don't know...but it's worth a call to your doctor. After a few months, I dropped my blood pressure meds, including a diuretic, so that could be it too.

Good luck - I hope she feels better.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #93  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

I'll come back and read everyone's posts later, but just wanted to share in my relief that my minor indiscretion Saturday didn't kill my weight loss this week (was out to dinner and dessert came with DH's meal, and well, you can guess what happened).
Down 1.2 pounds! And last week I lost over 5, so I'm pleased.
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #94  

Good info on the collagen issue - I'll ask my coach too. I have gotten the Great Lakes Gelatin, which has collagen too, to make my own jello, and now I'm wondering if I should limit that.

re. sugar-free jello, my first coach didn't have a problem with it. My second coach doesn't like it, but I'm not clear on why. The aspartame is awful, of course, but it can come in handy to put something in your stomach that is flavorful but little to no calories.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. I read this thread the whole way through for the first time - so much great info here!! I'm so glad I found you all - have a great night!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hey everyone - congrats on all the WI successes!

Does anyone know if it's okay to measure two cups of cooked veggies instead of raw? I made a veggie stir fry for dinner and then divided it up for several meals so I ended up measuring after it was cooked...I know veggies cook down so then I was worried I may have gotten too much. Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #97  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I was told by my coach that collagen is high in amino acids and the amino acids can block absorption of the protein and nutrients. That is why we are supposed to limit the items will collagen in them to every other day.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2greatcats View Post
I'll come back and read everyone's posts later, but just wanted to share in my relief that my minor indiscretion Saturday didn't kill my weight loss this week (was out to dinner and dessert came with DH's meal, and well, you can guess what happened).
Down 1.2 pounds! And last week I lost over 5, so I'm pleased.
Have a great day everyone!!
I'm glad it didn't affect you. It's a new week to track and stay 100% on track.

Have a great week!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #99  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
I'm glad it didn't affect you. It's a new week to track and stay 100% on track.

Have a great week!
Thanks, and yes, I am committed to staying on track from here on in...

On another note, I am making kohlrabi fries for the first time, tried searching here for a recipe on the ip forum, but no luck... I googled and found several versions, 400-425 degrees for 30 min, stirring or flipping in the middle of that time. Some say just to season with salt/pepper, some say cumin and chili powder...

What have you lovers of kohlrabi fries done? Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #100  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

I just got home from my first WI and I am super-excited! I am down 10.2!!
I know "some" of it is water, but truthfully, I went straight to this diet from Atkins, so the extra water was gone quite a while ago.

I left with my food for the week, and floated on a cloud all of the way home!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #101  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good info on the collagen issue - I'll ask my coach too. I have gotten the Great Lakes Gelatin, which has collagen too, to make my own jello, and now I'm wondering if I should limit that.

re. sugar-free jello, my first coach didn't have a problem with it. My second coach doesn't like it, but I'm not clear on why. The aspartame is awful, of course, but it can come in handy to put something in your stomach that is flavorful but little to no calories.
Not on topic, but I saw your post on another tread about crispy cereal crepes.
How do you make these? I tried to make one with just baking soda and water and it fell apart. I wanted "quick" bread instead of using a soup packet in the waffle iron.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Not on topic, but I saw your post on another tread about crispy cereal crepes.
How do you make these? I tried to make one with just baking soda and water and it fell apart. I wanted "quick" bread instead of using a soup packet in the waffle iron.
I think this is copied verbatem from the recipe thread, but here's what I did:

1 package crispy cereal, smashed in the package with a rolling pin or pan
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
cinnamon, nutmeg to taste

Beat the egg whites and vanilla until frothy, add the dry ingredients.
I think I sprayed a non-stick pan with a little oil and didn't turn the heat up too high so it could brown but not stick. I put a little warmed WF blueberry spread on it and it was great!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I just got home from my first WI and I am super-excited! I am down 10.2!!
I know "some" of it is water, but truthfully, I went straight to this diet from Atkins, so the extra water was gone quite a while ago.

I left with my food for the week, and floated on a cloud all of the way home!
Woot! Woot! Great job!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Congrats That is wonderful news.

Thanks Chloe I will check into to callanetics and congrats on the WI yaaaaaaaaaaaay
Thanks Cadu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Congrats!

I'm back from my first WI and I'm down 7.5 lbs and 4 1/4". I'm very pleased with that and ready to start week 2
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw View Post
Hello everyone. I just got back from my WI and I'm down 4.4lbs! I've lost a total of 17 lbs in three weeks!!! woohoo!
How wonderful is that?!!

Mylast diet,
fabulous loss! I'd be floating too!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #105  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Thanks everyone! I can hardly eat this delicious chicken hubby made for dinner because I'm smiling so much. I hope this feeling carries me through any rough spots that may be in the week ahead!
Thanks for all of the support!
Closed Thread