Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
I started Phase I on Monday, March 26, 2012. I need to lose over 200 lbs. My first week on Ideal Protein I lost 19 lbs! It has been a little tough, I must admit, but I have faithfully followed the plan. Will weigh in again on Monday. With much support and love, I know I can do this!
Welcome and awesome first week that is for sure. Where in LA are you from? This is a great program, I have loss 143lbs in 11 months!....just takes some getting used too, its strict but SOOOO WORTH IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Would it be possible for someone to e-mail me the latest Nutritional Fact Sheet so I can do some updates. When I saved it from here it doesn't capture the full sheet of information.
After you are here for 20 days and have made 20 post your email information will come into your profile, until then you can't receive emails...DON"T post your email here on the threads, will get tons of junk/spam emails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all - hope everyone's having a good weekend and finding ways to stay OP surrounded by chocolate and goodies! Sounds like we're all doing well. It's hard, but do-able!

Cindy, congrats on that amazing first week! Feels great, doesn't it? The success really is what helps to keep you going. Remember how GOOD that weigh in felt if ever you feel hungry or like giving in.
Thanks for posting your starting and now photo's its amazing the change in just 5 weeks!!...Congrats and keep up the great work...

Back home in Gulfport now, had a great time at mom's with my brothers and their families
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, ladies! Yeah, I didn't take any pictures (stoopid me!) on the first day I started IP so I had to grab others done recently, ie from our trip to the Dominican. Just in case you're wondering how February 18 to April 6 could possibly add up to five weeks. hehehe.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #48  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Hey everyone!
Having a great OP weekend so far. My MIL is awesome - she hosted dinner tonight w/ all the extended family and she made sure to have protein and veg and salad for me, and even had WF dressing for me! Yay!
Tomorrow is church and then DH and I host a much smaller dinner for my parents, my MIL and us. Salmon with cauliflower and salad.

I'm finding it much easier to pass on non-OP stuff than I thought. Hope it stays that way. I did dream about a hamburger and brownies last night... Yikes...
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #49  

Height: 5 9`

WOW IPDIVAJEN.....you look wonderful, such a beautiful pic, look soooo happy now...congrats, keep up the good work...
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all - hope everyone's having a good weekend and finding ways to stay OP surrounded by chocolate and goodies! Sounds like we're all doing well. It's hard, but do-able!

Cindy, congrats on that amazing first week! Feels great, doesn't it? The success really is what helps to keep you going. Remember how GOOD that weigh in felt if ever you feel hungry or like giving in.

CindyD - Welcome!! you will do so well with this diet! And this website is so phenomenal! Try to chime in daily, it helps reinforce all the good behaviours. When the tough times come and the loss for a week or so may be minimal, be sure to stay in touch with all here. We'll help you through it. The good thing is that after a tough week or even two, the body rewards you with a really lovely weight loss - it all works out in the end.

DivaJenn - You look terrific already! Keep up the good work!

Wishing all a happy Easter & Passover!
Chloe
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Happy Easter and Passover weekend, everyone!

Cindyd, Welcome! And congratulations on successfully surviving your first week on IP. That's a great WI and I wish you many more.

LSJ100, you've got the right attitude about the holidays. I need to remember that for all celebrations!

Tinawebb, fabulous story! That's what success on IP is all about.

I'm back down at my beach house for the third weekend since I started IP. The weather is perfect! For the first time, I'm not missing my evening wine on the deck, so maybe that habit is finally starting to be broken. Also, any cravings I have are quickly offset by my recalling how much more confidence I have wearing a swimsuit thanks to staying OP!
We live at the beach and my husband and I took a long walk this sunny afternoon on the boardwalk. Watching the water was so peaceful and it was fun to do a little people watching. Couldn't help but notice all the junk food people were eating.

Then we came home and took our dogs on a separate long walk. I'm tired! Did have an extra vanilla drink today because I walked over 5 miles at a fair clip and need to keep in ketosis (not starvation mode).
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Chloe,
No, it wasn't a big birthday.... he just spoils me terribly! I'm a very lucky woman.
Also, it came at the perfect time. He had just sold a motorcycle he'd been trying to sell for over a year, and the price of the Miata was exactly the price we just got for the motorcycle, so all it ended up costing was sales tax and registration.
That is just so perfect - enjoy your present in good health & happiness!!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2greatcats View Post
Hey everyone!
Having a great OP weekend so far. My MIL is awesome - she hosted dinner tonight w/ all the extended family and she made sure to have protein and veg and salad for me, and even had WF dressing for me! Yay!
Tomorrow is church and then DH and I host a much smaller dinner for my parents, my MIL and us. Salmon with cauliflower and salad.

I'm finding it much easier to pass on non-OP stuff than I thought. Hope it stays that way. I did dream about a hamburger and brownies last night... Yikes...
There's always "big mac in a bowl" and making a choc IP shake. Not the same but works in a pinch (phase 1, 2, 3).
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #54  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
I was so happy I could have kissed the sales lady. On the way home from Seattle yesterday I stopped at the Dressbarn outlet store with my 16 year old daughter. This store has one side for misses & the other women's. I went to the women's side and started looking at summer dresses. The sales lady came up and explained the misses were on the other side. I said okay and went back to looking at the dresses because my daughter didn't want to look at clothes for her. But then I realized the sales woman wasn't talking to my daughter she was talking to me! Yes, me. Obviously, she could see the confusion and shock on my face because she said I needed to shop in the misses section because a 13/14 in women's is not the same as in misses. Imagine that, someone explaining plus size clothing to me like I haven't shopped in that department my whole life. Had to share with you guys because I knew you would understand that comment was better than winning the lottery.
I love this story! What a great way to start a holiday weekend. Keep working it!
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 274/244/170

Height: 5'9

Thanks wingnut!! I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Just had the herb omelet and loved it. I will probably be up all night because of that late nap but I feel in much better control now. I just love this forum.
anume2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #56  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
You must have such good soil up there. So much untouched land, right? I've got a little indoor basil plant going now. I think I should try a for a few more herbs this summer. How long is your summer? Did you plant bulbs? That's what I miss. Tulips and things like that.
Summer is short, but with sunlight 20 plus hours a day it makes for an intense growing season. I have a lot of wildflowers, but no tulips. Vegetables is what I love to grow in my greenhouse/garden. Flowers just come back every year.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I started Phase I on Monday, March 26, 2012. I need to lose over 200 lbs. My first week on Ideal Protein I lost 19 lbs! It has been a little tough, I must admit, but I have faithfully followed the plan. Will weigh in again on Monday. With much support and love, I know I can do this!
Welcome Cindy to IP. You will do fantastic on this diet and it really will be your last diet. It has been a true blessing for so many of us.

Congrats to all who had good WIs and NSVs today...

Well I survived another holiday dinner. We went to a Passover sedar tonight, and thankfully they served chicken and some veggies I could eat. I had to skip all of the traditional holiday food, but as we all know - that food will still be there next year. Someone who I haven't seen since sometime early January, came up to me to tell me how great I look. I love those moments!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Summer is short, but with sunlight 20 plus hours a day it makes for an intense growing season. I have a lot of wildflowers, but no tulips. Vegetables is what I love to grow in my greenhouse/garden. Flowers just come back every year.
We have the long days too. I love it. The sun sets around 11:30 pm on the longest days.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
We know you can do this too! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
I was so happy I could have kissed the sales lady. On the way home from Seattle yesterday I stopped at the Dressbarn outlet store with my 16 year old daughter. This store has one side for misses & the other women's. I went to the women's side and started looking at summer dresses. The sales lady came up and explained the misses were on the other side. I said okay and went back to looking at the dresses because my daughter didn't want to look at clothes for her. But then I realized the sales woman wasn't talking to my daughter she was talking to me! Yes, me. Obviously, she could see the confusion and shock on my face because she said I needed to shop in the misses section because a 13/14 in women's is not the same as in misses. Imagine that, someone explaining plus size clothing to me like I haven't shopped in that department my whole life. Had to share with you guys because I knew you would understand that comment was better than winning the lottery.
This is awesome! What a great NSV.

[QUOTE=

Well I survived another holiday dinner. We went to a Passover sedar tonight, and thankfully they served chicken and some veggies I could eat. I had to skip all of the traditional holiday food, but as we all know - that food will still be there next year. Someone who I haven't seen since sometime early January, came up to me to tell me how great I look. I love those moments![/QUOTE]
Me too!

It is always great to read this forum. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
salmongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #60  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

So it seems that my self esteem is building up a little. I'm starting to feel like I am somewhat attractive again. I went to get my taxes done (finally) and I had them prepared by a very nice young gentleman who was kind of flirty with me That made me feel sooooo good about myself, and, weirdly, I am looking forward to going back on Monday to finish up the paperwork. Instead of referring me to a colleague the guy is coming in just for me on his day off - I feel special... Wondering if I should give him my cell number in case he wants to talk about something other than taxes sometime...
Beanie Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote