Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #61  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Default You go Beanie Mommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
So it seems that my self esteem is building up a little. I'm starting to feel like I am somewhat attractive again. I went to get my taxes done (finally) and I had them prepared by a very nice young gentleman who was kind of flirty with me That made me feel sooooo good about myself, and, weirdly, I am looking forward to going back on Monday to finish up the paperwork. Instead of referring me to a colleague the guy is coming in just for me on his day off - I feel special... Wondering if I should give him my cell number in case he wants to talk about something other than taxes sometime...
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #62  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I had my first WI today and lost 7.3 lbs and 4 inches. I was really excited! It was a rough week one as my body adjusted and it was great to see the reward on the scale. I especially like the inches, I keep thinking "my body is now 4 inches more compact than it used to be!" Went to a pancake breakfast with family this morning and had a bar...tomorrow is Easter at a restaurant and I'm taking my own drink and salad...holidays are supposed to be about people, not food, right?
Congrats on your great loss. I will have to rememeber that today, "holidays are supposed to be about people, not food"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
I was so happy I could have kissed the sales lady. On the way home from Seattle yesterday I stopped at the Dressbarn outlet store with my 16 year old daughter. This store has one side for misses & the other women's. I went to the women's side and started looking at summer dresses. The sales lady came up and explained the misses were on the other side. I said okay and went back to looking at the dresses because my daughter didn't want to look at clothes for her. But then I realized the sales woman wasn't talking to my daughter she was talking to me! Yes, me. Obviously, she could see the confusion and shock on my face because she said I needed to shop in the misses section because a 13/14 in women's is not the same as in misses. Imagine that, someone explaining plus size clothing to me like I haven't shopped in that department my whole life. Had to share with you guys because I knew you would understand that comment was better than winning the lottery.
This is a great story.. LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all - hope everyone's having a good weekend and finding ways to stay OP surrounded by chocolate and goodies! Sounds like we're all doing well. It's hard, but do-able!
Your transformation is amazing.. you look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
So it seems that my self esteem is building up a little. I'm starting to feel like I am somewhat attractive again. I went to get my taxes done (finally) and I had them prepared by a very nice young gentleman who was kind of flirty with me That made me feel sooooo good about myself, and, weirdly, I am looking forward to going back on Monday to finish up the paperwork. Instead of referring me to a colleague the guy is coming in just for me on his day off - I feel special... Wondering if I should give him my cell number in case he wants to talk about something other than taxes sometime...
What a great feeling that must have been.. I remember flirting, seems like 100 years ago but I remember it was fun

Today will be a hurdle for me for I host a polish brunch this morning for my DH & kids then we go to my sisters for a full Easter blow out with my whole family. (we have a huge clan) I am prepared to stay OP. In fact I woke up feeling a little skinnier today I think that will help motivate me to stay OP. As LSJ said "holidays are supposed to be about people, not food"
Have a great blessed day everyone!!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I started phase 2 yesterday and thought it would be an easy transition but I sorta messed up. Will try better today. I was so used to gliding on P1 I just underestimated the change to P2. In P2 you are down to 2 IP packets a day, one for breakfast and one for evening snack. You replace your lunch packet with protein (meat). Easy, right? But I still ooopsed a bit. It's a little like starting over again. Not really but just a little.
You'll do great! One day at a time... It really is a change. After our Phase 1 routine, especially if you've been on it a long time, to change any little thing can be stressful, but I love that they have you do it in stages so you can get used to it and feel stable before moving on.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I had an interesting NSV today. I have just realized that I am out of the 1X size range. No more plus size shopping! No more "women's" section @ Walmart! Regular stores (except those teeny size ones, grrr!) from now on! Of course, I won't be doing much shopping as I am still on my way "down". Happy Easter and Passover, everyone!
Oh yeah.... there is so much more to choose from in the smaller sizes too. I went for awhile with safety pins holding my pants up until I finally got one pair of jeans in a smaller size, with a zipper! Now even those fall off of me. Oh joy!

Congratulations!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #65  

Quote:
Hi everyone, congrats on all the great losses!

I had my first WI today and lost 7.3 lbs and 4 inches. I was really excited! It was a rough week one as my body adjusted and it was great to see the reward on the scale. I especially like the inches, I keep thinking "my body is now 4 inches more compact than it used to be!" Went to a pancake breakfast with family this morning and had a bar...tomorrow is Easter at a restaurant and I'm taking my own drink and salad...holidays are supposed to be about people, not food, right?
Congratulations !!!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #66  

Good morning all! I managed to get some painting done yesterday, touching up the trim around doorways that I gashed when I was in a wheelchair with a fractured knee. Have wanted to get that done for a few years but never seem to remember it. Now that I want to sell the house, I've got to do it.

Am doing a sort of Phase 1 day today. I'm in Phase 4, and did not have a splurge day yesterday, but was feeling bloated and too full, so I thought I'd do it. It's so easy to do when you don't have to!

I love reading all the good news here, and when somebody is struggling, all the wonderful support that you give.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #67  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

My plan for today is to stay OP. Stay away from the chocolate!

I stayed up until midnight and did not snack. I almost went for a bag of peanut soy puffs but didn't. I think I knew I wasn't really hungry and I didn't want to eat a $4 bag for no reason!

The kids were up at 0530! Way to early. Just had my IP omelet with green peppers and some hot sauce and a big glass of water. I'm going to make a coffee and read for a while.

Happy Easter.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #68  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
I started Phase I on Monday, March 26, 2012. I need to lose over 200 lbs. My first week on Ideal Protein I lost 19 lbs! It has been a little tough, I must admit, but I have faithfully followed the plan. Will weigh in again on Monday. With much support and love, I know I can do this!
cindyd, this is so inspiring to me! I had my consult Friday and will begin IP tomorrow morning. I, too, am in Louisiana, near BR.

I have been studying these boards and IP for a couple of weeks now and feel I have made an informed decision to begin this plan. The science behind it makes perfect sense to me, and seeing the amazing, steady, losses of the posters here is hopefully all of the motivation I will need to keep going.

Happy Easter everyone!
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #69  
Started IP March15, 2012

S/C/G: Reboot 176/176/153

Height: 5.6

Default Happy Easter To All

Hope everyone has a Beautiful day. Keep up the great work.
countryck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #70  

Another 2 lbs are gone
Happy Easter
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Happy Easter everyone! Thanks for the positive support after my first WI! I love reading this forum...I was excited to review it over my coffee this morning. I especially love the NSV's...just started week two but it makes me excited that some of those experiences will be coming my way soon as long as I keep doing what I'm doing!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
cindyd, this is so inspiring to me! I had my consult Friday and will begin IP tomorrow morning. I, too, am in Louisiana, near BR.

I have been studying these boards and IP for a couple of weeks now and feel I have made an informed decision to begin this plan. The science behind it makes perfect sense to me, and seeing the amazing, steady, losses of the posters here is hopefully all of the motivation I will need to keep going.

Happy Easter everyone!
Quote:
Happy Easter everyone! Thanks for the positive support after my first WI! I love reading this forum...I was excited to review it over my coffee this morning. I especially love the NSV's...just started week two but it makes me excited that some of those experiences will be coming my way soon as long as I keep doing what I'm doing!
Welcome to both of you! I am only in the 4th week myself and am loving this diet. The first week is the most difficult so, hang in there "mylastdiet", you WLL be rewarded.

If variety is important to you make sure to visit the recipe sections in the "stickies". You will find some awesome ideas there. Some of my favorites to date are: Nam Sod (thai cabbage rolls), Big Mac in a bowl, Mug cake and the pudding waffles which I make as pancakes since I don't have a waffle iron.

Happy Easter!
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Easter IPeeps!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Thank you for the information wuv2bloved. I'm been lurking on the boards for weeks and found you to be an invaluable resource.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Happy Easter everyone.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote