Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #121  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW!!! I don't have internet at home right now but will have it on Tuesday(thank goodness) because I am LOST without it!! I am glad someone pulled this thread forward, there are so many new people who just read and lurk, this way people can come out and say HI to everyone. I would like to welcome all of the new peeps to the IP FAMILY! You will build bonds and friendships here like no other, you will start to miss people when you don't see them post for a while. You will see a lot of people go and come then come back again because this program WORKS IF you have the determination and dedication. Welcome to the next best thing to happen in your life. Enjoy your journey don't dread it, REMEMBER this way of eating is ONLY temporary
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 229/211/170

Height: 5'10

Hello everyone...my name is Patsy and I started IP two weeks ago. I have two very active boys and husband I want to keep up with so it is important to lose weight and keep it off. I know this will be possible having all of you to continue motivating and inspiring me along this journey. Good luck and thank you!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 230/191/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default First Week Newbie Here

i've completed day five in the first week. Do you every miss real food? I eat out alot so this takes some planning. Several co-workers have had some success on this diet so i am giving it a try. I am real curious to see how i do since I have alot of trouble losing weight since my hystercetomy in November 2011. I have set an initial goal of 50 lbs, but really need to make it about 75-80. I have enjoyed reading the tips and recipe suggesstions as i tried the "cauliflower rice" today. -Tracy
Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 183/177/145

Hi...my name is Cheryl, and I started IP 3weeks ago and have lost 14 lbs!!! Yeah! I have type 2 diabetes and am already getting my numbers under control. This diet and forum are soo great! I have been on every diet known to mankind and always gained the weight back. I have a good feeling about things this time. I CAN DO THIS! I look forward to a healthier, smaller me!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #125  

Welcome to all of you, ANYTHING is possible IF you put your mind to it. Stay true to yourself and the program and you will be amazed at the results you will see....Good luck!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 07-30-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone =)
My name is Amanda and I have been on the program for over 2 weeks and I have lost 11 pounds.
5 years ago I lost 80 pounds with just a little exericse and by eating a healthy, balanced diet. I gained it ALL back once I met my husband (boyfriend at the time)..My lifestyle changed completely. Since then I haven't been able to lose anything. I struggled with depression and a complete lack of motivation but things have changed. I want to be healthy more than anything. I want to start looking forward to the future instead of dreading it. I am so determined. I know all of you ladies (and men) will continue to inspire me. You are all amazing <3
Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #127  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintacious View Post
i've completed day five in the first week. Do you every miss real food? I eat out alot so this takes some planning. Several co-workers have had some success on this diet so i am giving it a try. I am real curious to see how i do since I have alot of trouble losing weight since my hystercetomy in November 2011. I have set an initial goal of 50 lbs, but really need to make it about 75-80. I have enjoyed reading the tips and recipe suggesstions as i tried the "cauliflower rice" today. -Tracy
I'm on day 5 too! I haven't missed the food too much (my problem with 2 small children was not eating ANYTHING, I am eating WAY more now!) but it took until today for the bad "hungries" to go away during the day. Then driving home from the mall I was suddenly very hungry for chocolate. Had the chocolate soy puffs and craving was satisfied! I'm finding ways to satisfy many of those cravings (invested in Walden Farms dressings and now my salads are yum), and that many of my "real food" desires are mental and not physical and if I find something that is "close enough" I can stay on the diet without feeling deprived.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #128  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

My name is Cynthia. I'm 38 years old. I live in San Francisco. I work as an Executive Assistant in healthcare. I have an amazing partner who has also done IP, though he transitioned off to have a break and then move into a diet where he could gain more muscle and definition.

I started IP on May 25th and transitioned to alternatives just recently. I've lost just over 20 lbs so far. I haven't been down to this low of a weight in over 15 years. I'm hoping to get down to my lowest adult weight, but I'm remaining flexible on my goal weight.

I lurked around a bit, but I'm excited to participate and stay motivated with you all. Thanks!!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #129  

Hi Cynthia. I just started IP this week. Welcome
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, My name is Leona and I'm 42 yrs old. I live in Montana with DH and two children, Henry (5) and Ivy (3.5.) I started IP on June 18th and have lost just over 20lbs. I want to lose 60 more lbs and hope to do this by the end of the year.

I love to cook and feed my family very well...I am hoping that by losing this weight, I will also start to eat well, instead of eating the junk that got me obese to begin with.

Looking forward to getting to know you as we enter into our healthful weight loss journey.

All the best,
Leona
Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 139/139/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello

Hi everyone.

I'm Tara. I joined IP this week and started on Monday. So far so good. I think I've gotten past the blah and headaches.

I live in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington DC> I'm a preschool teacher and doula and mom to three great kids, 21, 17 and 14. I've really enjoyed looking through the recipe section and figuring out how to take the packets to the next level.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Tara
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #132  

Welcome to all of you to the wonderful world of IP. Its going to be your LAST diet ever! I am so happy to see that there are SOOOOO many new faces around, never be afraid to ask questions or post suggestions/concerns, we are ALL in this together and with the input of everyone helping each other we can get to our goals and make each of our journey's a success!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #133  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone... I too have been lurking for several weeks. Although I have posted I did not take the time to introduce myself.
My name is Ann and I live in the Midwest. I am soon to be 46 – Together my husband and I have two adult children, 1 grandchild and 1 on the way. We have permanent guardianship of two grandchildren from my step-son, they are 10 and 9. I work full-time and I do all my husband’s admin/bookkeeping work for his business. Needless to say there is never enough time to do everything in a day. Muchless do everything "right." Dinner is prepared as a necessity and nutrition has not been the first thought. To make matters worse, we have to be very social. I love that part of our life, but the sugar and calories combined with the bad food.... ya, do I need to say more?
I do love to exercise, but I would get frustrated and give up when the scale wouldn’t budge. And, then of course time becomes an issue.
I realize, I am venting here. But what I have determined here after all these weeks of reading this forum is that by making better food choices I can control my weight - and then my exercise will become what I enjoy the most about it, fun, relaxing, a way to vent, etc. Before I always made exercise my weight loss tool and failed miserably, over and over again. I began to resent it more and more; yet never had the duh moment to look at the other side of the equation to say "what are you eating or drinking?” Excerise can’t do it all. What are you willing to change here?"
So the end of this long rant is, I look forward to my Alt IP plan. Eating like this is so easy. The structure makes it “doable.” I look forward to dropping this weight forever, I look forward to maintenance and most of all I look forward to reading this forum everyday where real people are doing this and losing weight with real food (and combinations of packets). This is a real, livable way of life - not just a diet.
Thank you everyone here that consistently offers encouragement, friendship and often much needed foot in the rear!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Hi everyone... I too have been lurking for several weeks. Although I have posted I did not take the time to introduce myself.
My name is Ann and I live in the Midwest. I am soon to be 46 – Together my husband and I have two adult children, 1 grandchild and 1 on the way. We have permanent guardianship of two grandchildren from my step-son, they are 10 and 9. I work full-time and I do all my husband’s admin/bookkeeping work for his business. Needless to say there is never enough time to do everything in a day. Muchless do everything "right." Dinner is prepared as a necessity and nutrition has not been the first thought. To make matters worse, we have to be very social. I love that part of our life, but the sugar and calories combined with the bad food.... ya, do I need to say more?
I do love to exercise, but I would get frustrated and give up when the scale wouldn’t budge. And, then of course time becomes an issue.
I realize, I am venting here. But what I have determined here after all these weeks of reading this forum is that by making better food choices I can control my weight - and then my exercise will become what I enjoy the most about it, fun, relaxing, a way to vent, etc. Before I always made exercise my weight loss tool and failed miserably, over and over again. I began to resent it more and more; yet never had the duh moment to look at the other side of the equation to say "what are you eating or drinking?” Excerise can’t do it all. What are you willing to change here?"
So the end of this long rant is, I look forward to my Alt IP plan. Eating like this is so easy. The structure makes it “doable.” I look forward to dropping this weight forever, I look forward to maintenance and most of all I look forward to reading this forum everyday where real people are doing this and losing weight with real food (and combinations of packets). This is a real, livable way of life - not just a diet.
Thank you everyone here that consistently offers encouragement, friendship and often much needed foot in the rear!
First off welcome to the IP Family, second you can rant as much as you want....we don't mind...it keeps some of us sane.....lol
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I am outgoing in person but when it comes to posting, I take one step out and post and then 10 steps back. I am finding that it is very hard for me to put my thoughts and feelings down in print. With each and every one of your posts, I have learned something. I decided to add a blog, which was a feat in itself (I am not very computer savvy). Keep posting, I am just in awe of each of you with your weight loss successes.
Brenda
Closed Thread