Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #1  
Started IP March15, 2012

S/C/G: Reboot 176/176/153

Height: 5.6

Default Week 3 - Where is my energy ?

I am about 3 1/2 weeks into the program, and feel tired and not too clear headed..... Any suggestions would be great appreciated.
Does anyone else feel this way
countryck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I am a bit further in than you, but I also have never gotten that "energy boost" so many describe. On the other hand, I am grateful that the overwhelming lethargy and headaches I had for the first 2-3 weeks are finally gone. In my case, my coach said it was due to my withdrawal from caffeine (I am not a coffee or tea drinker but had a HUGE Diet Coke habit). Others on this forum who are more expert hopefully will chime in.

I figure that as long as I am losing weight or inches, I can put up with low energy. Hang in there!
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #3  

I've been feeling a tired and a little foggy to this week (week 3), it usually tempts me to eat comfort food. So far it goes away on it's own. The only thing I've found that seems to help is to go outside and walk a bit, even if I feel so crappy that I'd rather not get off the couch. I'm not a huge caffeine drinker, so for me it's definitely not withdrawal.
Iwanttolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Add some salt into your days...sounds like BP is low or your electrolytes....this may help....I keep mine handy when I am feeling foggy I just put it in the palm of my hand and lick it off then drink water
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Sounds like you may need an extra pack - you can have up to 5 per day.
How much do you have to lose?

Are you drinking enough water, eating a salad at lunch and dinner, taking your supps? Also, if you're on BP, thyroid or blood sugar meds, they may need to be adjusted. Mine did in the 1st 2 weeks.

You should NOT feel like that.
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #6  
Started IP March15, 2012

S/C/G: Reboot 176/176/153

Height: 5.6

Thanks for your feed back.. I will try some of your tips. I am also thinking maybe some of it is due to seasonal allergy starting back up
countryck22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I felt the same way around week 4. First of all, make sure you are getting the salt and vitamins. Also, you may google low carb diets and foggy brain. I did and realized that it is a symptom of low carb diets. There was even a study done on college students who were low carb at some university and the findings were interesting. It does pass. I found that I would be speaking and mid-sentence wouldn't be able to think of the next word I wanted to say. Frustrating, no doubt. I can't say how long it lasted for me, but it did go away. I was also light-headed most of the time, had to be careful when standing up too fast. My blood pressure is very low anyway and this diet must have lowered it even more. Drinking a ton of water and low sodium will do it. Lick some salt off of the back of your hand at least once a day in addition to what you put in your food. That helped me.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #8  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I never had that burst of energy. I was tired and low energy a lot early on. Recently, my energy has been good. I have a good sustained energy and can do what I need to in a day but I never really had that burst of energy.

Yes, brain fog is a side effect. The book is on the....(stream off into space for a bit return and) hunh?
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #9  
Started IP March 2012

Height: 5'5"

Default Me Too...

I am about on week 3 too and feeling the same..I am pretty tired.

They say 21 days makes a habit, so I guess this our test of courage!

Thanks to all the other people posting, I will follow their advice.

WE just can't give up on ourselves...
TransformingMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi, and welcome! I have had fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue for over 12 years, and it did not get any better during this diet, unfortunately. But I have been able to drop blood sugar meds and blood pressure meds, both of which can contribute to feeling lousy, so you might double check yours. At least now that the weight is off, I can go to my doctor and say I did my part, now you do yours...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I have read some research about coconut oil reducing brain fog, so I make sure at least one of my teaspoons is coconut oil (usually in my coffee/chocolate drink mix for breakfast.)

Yesterday I did the salt lick trick and it really did help me with energy.
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Add some salt into your days...sounds like BP is low or your electrolytes....this may help....I keep mine handy when I am feeling foggy I just put it in the palm of my hand and lick it off then drink water
Thanks for the tip. I most noticed the energy issue also in week 3 and yesterday was the worst. One possible related factor is that I just started blood pressure medication within the last 5 days.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #13  

Wuv2bloved, I think I read where you said you use IP products only. I have been looking for vitamin alternatives and have been unsuccessful finding something comparable. Is there anywhere you can purchase IP vitamins at a more reasonable price?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryck22 View Post
I am about 3 1/2 weeks into the program, and feel tired and not too clear headed..... Any suggestions would be great appreciated.
Does anyone else feel this way
I have been doing the program since October. I have always had issues with dizziness when first standing, even pre IP. Much worse since on program. Have tried to increase salt, increase to over a gallon of water daily, and I have found no solution. However, now I just laugh at myself. I still haven't learned to get up slowly. My coworkers joke that I spend more time hanging onto the wall opposite my office door (that is as far as I make it) than I do working. Lol..

The great news, other than the weight loss of course, is that my fibromyalgia ia GONE, and that was within the first 20 pounds. Personally I will take a little tippy-ness when getting up vs all of that pain and fatigue. That is just my story. We all have one and they are all different. Good luck to you
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
I have been doing the program since October. I have always had issues with dizziness when first standing, even pre IP. Much worse since on program. Have tried to increase salt, increase to over a gallon of water daily, and I have found no solution. However, now I just laugh at myself. I still haven't learned to get up slowly. My coworkers joke that I spend more time hanging onto the wall opposite my office door (that is as far as I make it) than I do working. Lol..

The great news, other than the weight loss of course, is that my fibromyalgia ia GONE, and that was within the first 20 pounds. Personally I will take a little tippy-ness when getting up vs all of that pain and fatigue. That is just my story. We all have one and they are all different. Good luck to you
Have you had your blood pressure tested lately? Since you had this issue pre-IP a check-up might be advised. When I had this issue it was an inner ear imbalance and there are easy things you can do to get rid of it.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 04-08-2012 at 12:00 PM.