Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #76  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Has anyone given blood while on this diet? I'm surpose to go April 2nd but not sure if I will get too weak.
Have given blood 3 or 4 times while OP. Make sure you take a bar with you to eat after you donate. Drink TONS of water!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 View Post
Did anyone struggle with the Big C during their first couple of weeks? I am having my second weigh in (two days early) tomorrow, and I'm stressed bc I know I haven't dropped any weight since my last weigh in bc I can't poop. Any suggestions or poignant stories?
I use Dulcolax - take 2 the mroning before a WI. My body will hold solid waste for 4-5 days on IP. Others use these items below (among other things I'm sure). This is a compilation of ideas others have kindly thrown out on the boards and I made a word doc of all tips I knew would be helpful. So I want to say thank you to all who donated these marvelous ideas and I'm sorry I don't have names to associate with this:

OTHER'S IDEAS ON CONSTIPATION:
Magnesium Citrate works great! If it's really bad, start with 2000 mg and give it a day. It's it works too well, cut it back to 1500 mg and so on.

If you're miserable and you NEED to get cleaned out, try Milk of Magnesia. Take the max dose and drink 10 oz of water before - not right before but within the hour. Then, after taking it drink another glass of water. MoM holds water in the gut and is NOT a stimulant. It works well - should work overnight. If you're worried about it 'working' while you're AT work, try taking it around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

If you start to rely on stimulant laxatives, it will make matters worse and you may become dependent on them.

I am on pain meds and IP - NOT a good combo! The magnesium works great. Well, that and a cup of coffee!
Use Chia seeds
S/T: Dulcolax (2) in the am
I've been having issues with the big C as well. I take senna caplets. Usually I can take 4 caplets once a week, and it keeps me going all week.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum and to IP - today is day 4 for me. My name is Wendy and I'm the mom of a 3 year old little boy. My husband and I decided it was time to do something about both of our weight problems so that we can be healthy enough to actively enjoy watching our little guy grow up. He wants to lose about 85 pounds and I'm in for 60.

If you'd told me a week ago that a salad with a cut-up hard boiled egg would be a treat, I'd have laughed at you. Today, it tasted pretty darned good!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #79  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
okay everybody, I need a slap on the wrist (or a kick in the butt)

I haven't taken my supplements AT ALL this week! they completely slip my mind. I need to staple them to my forehead or something....
please tell me someone has a trick or tip to remember them
I get those little ziplock pill packets and put all of my daily supplements in them--I emptied out all of my bottles and put the whole month's worth in packets. I keep them in a nice wire basket on the dining room table, grab one each morning and if I am at home, I keep it on my placemat. When I go out, it goes in my purse. When I go to bed it goes on the nightstand. That way, when I remember it's time to take something, it is usually within arm's reach. Hope that helps!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #80  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I get those little ziplock pill packets and put all of my daily supplements in them--I emptied out all of my bottles and put the whole month's worth in packets. I keep them in a nice wire basket on the dining room table, grab one each morning and if I am at home, I keep it on my placemat. When I go out, it goes in my purse. When I go to bed it goes on the nightstand. That way, when I remember it's time to take something, it is usually within arm's reach. Hope that helps!
Great tip, thanks!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #81  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum and to IP - today is day 4 for me. My name is Wendy and I'm the mom of a 3 year old little boy. My husband and I decided it was time to do something about both of our weight problems so that we can be healthy enough to actively enjoy watching our little guy grow up. He wants to lose about 85 pounds and I'm in for 60.

If you'd told me a week ago that a salad with a cut-up hard boiled egg would be a treat, I'd have laughed at you. Today, it tasted pretty darned good!
Glad to have you join us. You will find lots of tips and support on this forum. Doing this for your health is the best thing you can do.

Be sure to check out the recipes you can get to them through the sticky at top of the forum page. It's amazing what you can do with some things you'd never think about eating. Your tastes will continue to change. I would never have thought I would be eating Kale, but Kale chips are fabulous.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #82  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Has anyone given blood while on this diet? I'm surpose to go April 2nd but not sure if I will get too weak.
i have donated 2 or 3 times while on program, i just have a supplement (protein_) after donating instead of the goodies they supply. no problem!!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #83  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
It's funny what becomes fun to eat on this diet. If you go to a restaurant and get a big giant salad, others will marvel at how you devour the whole thing, and without it swimming in dressing.

I think it was about a week or two into the diet when I realized that I had cooked and eaten more veggies than I had in the last year. They weren't dripping in anything or hidden in anything. Just veggies. It cracks me up.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in - another 4 lbs down for a total of 25 in three weeks. I admit I was kind of hoping for more but still - can't complain at all!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #85  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

IPdivajen,
That is excellant! Don't complain you are rocking it!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky7285 View Post
Hello all,

New IP member here My name is Candice. Hopefully this website will help me with the every day dilemmas of losing weight. My live in boyfriend and I started this program last week. I didn`t do very well because I was UBER moody I hated everything. However my guy did great and lost 9 lbs I lost some inches but not weight yet hopefully this week I will do so much better here's hoping

I am here eating my salad mmm and seasalt.

mmm seasalt

Glad to meet you all Candice
Hi, Candice. Welcome! As you can see with your boyfriend, this diet ROCKS! It is VERY effective if you stick with it. I won't lie - it's not always easy in the beginning, but I have found it gets much easier with time.
This forum will be a key to your success (at least it has been for me).
The people on here are just amazing; very supportive & wonderful. I wish you all the best

PS - I NYC!

Maria
Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Just checking in - another 4 lbs down for a total of 25 in three weeks. I admit I was kind of hoping for more but still - can't complain at all!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good evening all! Just stopped in to say hi! My daughter started soccer tonight and so happy she is a part of a team. I had a boring dinner of an egg, egg whites, peppers, and mushrooms. I really need to find some other proteins to eat.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #89  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

The bra fitting tips from Rachel Ray were really interesting today. If you go to her web site, you should be able to see it.

I was pretty wowed by it and have a better understanding for my size now. Yes, I definitely was not wearing the right size.

There is also a great thread here on bra-fitting tips.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

My short term memory is so bad that I use pillboxes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacktime. At least then I know if I forgot, because the pills are still in there, and when I go to fill a week's worth, I know if I need to order more when I go to the clinic.

The 4 cups of vegees every day was more than I was used to as well, but now I find myself saying, 'more, please!' I love my big salad! I've also been using fresh cilantro, parsley and/or basil in my salads and it adds so much flavor.
Closed Thread