Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Hope all fellow IPers are having success moving through the day! I have been having cravings lately. I really am working on creating effective things to do with those moments!!

Oh this silly belly fat, too! In the past couple of years, the tummy really put on the fat. As I am losing, it has gone down, but now is this mushy bloop there! I had to go get some more pants. The one's I just got are falling off. Now, really no hips or hiney, but the tummy doesn 't fit in what will stay up! Well, I have plenty left to lose and it should go down, but, I am at an awkward stage!!

I am going out of town in a couple of weeks. I am beginning to think about how to manage my food and what in the world to wear!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #62  
Joy

S/C/G: 197.5/177/142

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 7

Thanks for that. I needed to be reminded today that I am stronger than my cravings. Right now am eating the leek soup for lunch and am having a difficult time getting it down. Couldn't eat the choc chip cookie for breakfast either.

WI#1 -7.5 WooHoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
IP has taught me that I am stronger than my cravings. I do not feel worried on this diet. I have a few issues with cost but I am working that out. I know I am worth this and I wished that I could have come across this many years ago. I truly beleave I can do this and am very thankful for this community of people. The IP products are great but having a community like this one helps more than you will ever know. My hope is that everyone that reads the posts takes something from it that will make them realize they are worth being healthy and happy. For the first time in a very long time food does not control my every move. I used to worry where will I eat if I am out at lunch what is for dinner. Now I just throw a RTD in my bag or a bar and dont have worries this is the best feeling in the world. Everyone have a great OP day.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #63  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning and another 3.0 pounds bit the dust!!! WOOOHOOO.
Great job!!! Gotta love those 3-pound losses!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi, all. I just had WI#2 and I'm down another 4 pounds. There's no doubt in my mind that I owe this forum for my staying 100% OP. Thanks to this forum, my current (and so far successful) mantra is "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Soooo True!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #65  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Oh this silly belly fat, too! In the past couple of years, the tummy really put on the fat. As I am losing, it has gone down, but now is this mushy bloop there! I had to go get some more pants. The one's I just got are falling off. Now, really no hips or hiney, but the tummy doesn 't fit in what will stay up! Well, I have plenty left to lose and it should go down, but, I am at an awkward stage!!
Yes, sometimes and just for a while, this diet leaves you with a funny looking shape as it works on an area but leaves the others alone. It'll even out but for a while it is a little funny.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
IP has taught me that I am stronger than my cravings. I do not feel worried on this diet. I have a few issues with cost but I am working that out. I know I am worth this and I wished that I could have come across this many years ago. I truly beleave I can do this and am very thankful for this community of people. The IP products are great but having a community like this one helps more than you will ever know. My hope is that everyone that reads the posts takes something from it that will make them realize they are worth being healthy and happy. For the first time in a very long time food does not control my every move. I used to worry where will I eat if I am out at lunch what is for dinner. Now I just throw a RTD in my bag or a bar and dont have worries this is the best feeling in the world. Everyone have a great OP day.
beckyjo, I so agree with your thoughts expressed in this message. I hope I get to the same place as you on not letting food control me any longer.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #67  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Has anyone given blood while on this diet? I'm surpose to go April 2nd but not sure if I will get too weak.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #68  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
okay everybody, I need a slap on the wrist (or a kick in the butt)

I haven't taken my supplements AT ALL this week! they completely slip my mind. I need to staple them to my forehead or something....
please tell me someone has a trick or tip to remember them
You totally made me laugh with the "staple them to your forehead" comment...I totally get what you're saying too, because I've been the same way lately. Even with pill boxes I've been forgetful, that must be why I'm so sleepy every afternoon about 2:30. I am going to try and do some of the suggestions everyone on the board has given.

In the past 3 weeks I have lost about 2 pounds and just sat there. I weighed in at 174 and the strange thing is I'm now in a size 12 and some size 14's depending on the brand. All the new (to me) clothes I purchased are feeling looser though, it's like I'm loosing inches, but no pounds. Am I just dreaming this? or does this really happen?? Do some of you find you don't lose pounds for a while, but the inches keep going down? It just seems really strange to me I guess.

~Shelia aka alaskastarr
Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
So I have been looking at these forums for a little over a week and you all have inspired me into spending my small fortune and start IP. Soooo wish me luck
Welcome to the family!...where in La are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I only count pure water and my Mio water toward my water count. I use a 30 oz tumbler and w/ Mio, I get in 3-4 of them a day, happily. I believe Wuv said she has used Mio and still does,, w/ no negative ramification, so I do too. (I don't have a counselor, so rely on these boards.)
Wuv, hope I didn't misrepresent what I thought I saw in a previous post re Mio.
Nope not at all and you are correct
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #70  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Happy first day of spring, everyone!!!

Cadu - yay on feeling so good!! - I really notice how much better I feel w/o carbs - why didn't I figure this out before?
rissimo - whoo hoo on the 3 pounds!
Jelbeangrl - hope your trip is going/went well - good job on planning so well with packing food!!
Chloe222 - whoohoo on the 3.5#!!
Beanie Mommy - so exciting to be so close to half way - wow!! great job!!
hyrysk - Great on the 6# drop after adding in a 4th packet!
2012s new me - keep up the momentum - I see a lot of posts here on 3FC about having some weeks where you lose more inches than pounds. I can't wait to see the 220s again!
DanafromAustin - great on the WI and even greater on the lean muscle mass!
Tripmama - I so need to learn how to make kale chips - will search the forum for a recipe. Sound good! Way to go on admiring your smaller butt!!
le506 - I so know what you mean about how hard it is to remember those darn supplements! Before IP I only took pills as I woke up and when I went to bed - so that was easy - keep the pill racks on the nightstand. But having to remember to take supplements with the meals and snack - I need a better system...
justme685 - wow - great WI!! 5.6# is awesome (and the inches are great too!!)
IPdivajen - good luck with your WI tonight! (and I'm eagerly awaiting my siggy too! LOL)
jenn04 - good luck and keep us posted here as you start your IP journey!!
jbezanis - great job on the 7.2# loss at your WI! It's so motivating to get off to a good start (my first WI was 7#)
MaggieD - and ANOTHER great WI - yay!!!!!
alaskastarr - awesome to be in size 12s and 14s! As I said above, I've seen a lot of posts here at 3FC say that you can have weeks where you lose inches (and everything fits better/looser) without losing pounds. The scale will catch up (or catch down, as it were!) with your inches!!

So here is my update: WI#2 today - another 3 pounds gone!!! And inches too, but I forgot how many she said. I really notice that my scrubs (I work in the operating room) are fitting MUCH better. Hopefully soon I'll get out of the 3XL bottoms... Thanks everyone for reminding me about water - did great over the weekend when I was scrapbooking w/ friends (had that Tervis tumbler always filled and next to me) but today at home I'm just forgetting - so it's filled again and next to me. I found some drink mix at the health food store called Stevita - lots of different flavor choices, all sweetened w/ Stevia, and 0/0/0. Just over the past week I've noticed that I think they are on the sweet side (can it be my taste buds are already changing?!) so I make them more dilute than the package suggests.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! I'm so excited to be on this journey with you all!

Jen... waiting eagerly for her siggy line and a ticker.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Smile Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning and another 3.0 pounds bit the dust!!! WOOOHOOO.

Your results are inspiring! Have you really lost THAT MUCH just since February?
I pray this works for me as well!
Keep up the great work!
~M
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #72  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
That being said I may be changing my goal weight to a little higher than 130. I'm fitting things at this weight that I wouldn't be fitting when I used to be 140. I've got a lot more muscle now and I think that is why. For now though, I'm going to leave my goal alone at 130 and just see how I feel & look as the numbers go down. Because of my exercise I know my loss has been slower, but I am doing what I think is healthiest for me long term.
You know my coach has a lot of muscle and can weigh much more than people thinks she weighs and wear a very small size.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #73  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post

In the past 3 weeks I have lost about 2 pounds and just sat there. I weighed in at 174 and the strange thing is I'm now in a size 12 and some size 14's depending on the brand. All the new (to me) clothes I purchased are feeling looser though, it's like I'm loosing inches, but no pounds. Am I just dreaming this? or does this really happen?? Do some of you find you don't lose pounds for a while, but the inches keep going down? It just seems really strange to me I guess.

~Shelia aka alaskastarr
Yes.
Some weeks it just feels like inches are coming off and some weeks they hardly budge. Good to see you. It's been a while. Oh and congratulations.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Did anyone struggle with the Big C during their first couple of weeks? I am having my second weigh in (two days early) tomorrow, and I'm stressed bc I know I haven't dropped any weight since my last weigh in bc I can't poop. Any suggestions or poignant stories?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Just an update. Surgery went well. Lost three pounds on phase three in the last two weeks. That was a surprise. Will stay on phase three for a couple more weeks to maximize healing then back to phase one to finish up. Yippee.
Closed Thread