Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Wow! Everyone is doing great!
Have a super day everyone.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Good morning IP peeps! It's cloudy here today, but smells like rain outside, and is still warm. It's a beautiful day!

Had a great weekend with my husband. We played golf for the first time and I got a birdie. Definitely noticed my self confidence is 1000 times better than it was, and I was more outgoing than usual. We made several new friends and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all! It's amazing how different you feel and act when the excess weight is disappearing!

Changed my goal from 160 to 170 after talking with my doctor. I had kind of forgot I did this, until I talked to my coach last week. My doctor felt very strongly that 160 is too thin for me. This means I'm over half way there!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, some great victories around here! Love it, and congrats all around!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. St Paddy's Day with no green beer was a moderate form of torture but I persevered and stayed OP. Yay me!

Also tried the salt and vinegar and bbq restricteds and were they ever good! Felt decadent to crunch on something. Took a road trip to Low Carb Canada and stocked up on alllll sorts of products to help make meals a bit more diverse. AND I tried my first waffles with a lemon pudding powder and they were really yummy! WI tomorrow night should be interesting.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
I have my first WI today. I can't wait. The weekend went so much better than I thought it would. Today went snow shoeing and was starved afterward, but had my veggies and dill pickle zippers with me and an extra protein drink. I haven't been eating lettuce with lunch and dinner. Really, what is the point of eating lettuce if you can't put anything on it. I don't have any WF and don't think my local stores carry it. Is it really that important to eat lettuce twice a day?
I really haven't eaten lettuce until last week. I figure if I eat something I want it to have nutritional value and stuck to spinach. I've been feeling a little more hungry lately and added some lettuce to my boiled egg I eat mid-morning. The Walden Farm dressings are not my favorite so I use my old WW trick and dip the fork into the dressing instead of pouring it on my salad.
Good Luck on you WI
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
Good morning all, I did it! I reached onederland, I am so excited and just had to share. This is the first time in 20 years that I absolutely believe I will get this weight off. I feel so blessed to have found this protocal. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Congratulations!!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Does anyone have a recipe for making chicken fingers with any of the packages or without? I searched in the forum but I don't have time to sift through all that came up for it. If you have one of the top of your head that would be great!! I was thinking the cereal - but I don't know how the 'milk' powder would do with that? My coach is ordering some honey mustard from walden farms for me so I need to have something to eat it with! mm!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

So many great victories already today and it's barely 10am here -- the perfect way to start my day and keep me motivated.

Huge congrats to you, Mischyff!

And I'll echo some of the lettuce advice, too. My coach says it's not necessary to eat every day but that it's a great filler and key if you're prone to having issues with the big C. Personally, I like my salad's to be a mix of lettuce & spinach and I'm a big fan of a little olive oil, lemon juice & ground pepper on top. Simple and it helps me get my olive oil in, too. Lucky for me, I've never been a big dressing person.

Have a lovely OP day, folks!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #38  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Morning All!

Emotional-Wednesday will be my official 3rd week marker. I got to tell you I am noticing that the weekends are way harder than the week days. I find myself emotional and super hungry. All though I have not cheated, by the grace of whomever it’s a bit over whelming. I mean I am super emotional especially from about 3pm-530pm. I’m all good after I eat dinner.

Sleeping-Also my sleep, omg… I have the craziest dreams and I sleep so hard for 3 or 4 peirods a night. I wake up thirsty and fall back to sleep and sleep hard. I find it hard to wake up in the morning even though I just caught about 8-9 hours of sleep. It’s always been hard for me to get up but it’s A LOT harder now.

Lettuce-I haven’t eaten anything but Romaine since the beginning, simple preference. It really does keep you regular. I also add fresh cilantro and parsley to every meal too (even salads) I like to make taco salads, even sauté up some veggies and throw it into my salads. I think I have come up with about 15 different salads since I started this diet lol
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #39  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Also how do you know if someone replied to your thread? I'm new to all of this Help? Tips?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
Good morning all, I did it! I reached onederland, I am so excited and just had to share. This is the first time in 20 years that I absolutely believe I will get this weight off. I feel so blessed to have found this protocal. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Way to go! I am so excited for you! Next stop is your goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
Congratulations!! We are all so blessed to have found IP

Soooo my habit when stressed with school, when I have to sit at my desk and study and write papers for 3 days straight, is to go buy a giant bag of Cheetos and a bunch of energy drinks and not leave my room. This weekend was one of those weekends, however, I didn't do that! I resisted the urge to sabotage my health and stayed 100% OP. I am so very proud of myself. This was probably my biggest worry about going on this program, I knew I still had many weekends of cramming and papers and I didn't want to ruin everything with my little routine. I guess since I've lost weight I've made room for some willpower!

I hope everyone has a great day; good luck with weigh-ins this week!!
Now that is a big win! Changing habits is what will keep the weight off too! Well done!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Morning All!

Emotional-Wednesday will be my official 3rd week marker. I got to tell you I am noticing that the weekends are way harder than the week days. I find myself emotional and super hungry. All though I have not cheated, by the grace of whomever it’s a bit over whelming. I mean I am super emotional especially from about 3pm-530pm. I’m all good after I eat dinner.

Sleeping-Also my sleep, omg… I have the craziest dreams and I sleep so hard for 3 or 4 peirods a night. I wake up thirsty and fall back to sleep and sleep hard. I find it hard to wake up in the morning even though I just caught about 8-9 hours of sleep. It’s always been hard for me to get up but it’s A LOT harder now.

Lettuce-I haven’t eaten anything but Romaine since the beginning, simple preference. It really does keep you regular. I also add fresh cilantro and parsley to every meal too (even salads) I like to make taco salads, even sauté up some veggies and throw it into my salads. I think I have come up with about 15 different salads since I started this diet lol
Weekends are hard for me as well because my husband and children are home eating all sorts of goodies. I can leave them alone until someone starts to eat them, then I want them too! I've resisted, and each weekend it gets easier!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Morning All!

During that 3 - 5 time I always drink water like it's going out of style. If my hunger is really bad and I'm really grumpy I have a piece of gum - make sure there's no aspartame in it though! I find the best way to forget about how hungry or emotional you are is to fill your time. If I have absolutely nothing to do I read or even watch netflix - or go for a walk if it's nice out. My biggest challenge is when I'm studying - I love to munch! Or when I'm with friends - You just have to tell yourself that this is how your life is going to be right now but in a year or in a few months when you get healthy you can go back to having a normal life.

I have the opposite problem with sleep than you. I sleep for 5 hours - wake up and never fall back asleep again. I went to bed at 10 last night and woke up at 3am, and I've been up since 3 am lol. I'm still confused as to what and why sleep is so weird.

And as for the thread's, I have no idea if you get notifications. I always to just check back. When I'm away I just look it up on my phone. But maybe there is a way that I haven't discovered yet! Good question!!

Good luck!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #43  
1st-10/1/11, 2nd-5/23/12

S/C/G: 164.5/151.2/125

Quote:
Congratulations!! We are all so blessed to have found IP

Soooo my habit when stressed with school, when I have to sit at my desk and study and write papers for 3 days straight, is to go buy a giant bag of Cheetos and a bunch of energy drinks and not leave my room. This weekend was one of those weekends, however, I didn't do that! I resisted the urge to sabotage my health and stayed 100% OP. I am so very proud of myself. This was probably my biggest worry about going on this program, I knew I still had many weekends of cramming and papers and I didn't want to ruin everything with my little routine. I guess since I've lost weight I've made room for some willpower!

I hope everyone has a great day; good luck with weigh-ins this week!!
Good for you!! Sometimes it's the habits that are so hard to break that can lead us off track. For me, it was my glass of wine in the evening. It was just a way of life. I had myself convinced that it relaxed me. Well once I realized that it was such a trigger for me and cut it out completely, I have done so much better overall. Congrats on your NSV!

I have been sicker than I've ever been this weekend. Went to bed Friday about 5:30pm and didn't get out of bed until this morning (other than to use the bathroom and to get more meds). My dh brought me my food in bed even. I'm one of those people who is never sick enough to not want to eat LOL. I did sleep through a couple of meals though, thanks to the meds I was taking. I weigh in tonight so I'm anxious about that. Last time I was sick I said "Oh well" and went totally nuts. I felt like cr@p and wanted some comfort from food. It didn't help and my eating went totally haywire. This time I was totally OP and I feel so much better! Still sick, but not having carb mania

Have a good day!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Now that is a big win! Changing habits is what will keep the weight off too! Well done!
Thanks!!! It's probably the most exciting moment I've had since being on IP - I can lose weight easily, it's sticking to it and not falling back into old habits that I find almost impossible! Not anymore!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Had my first weigh in this morning after being back on IP for a week. Down 5 pounds. I cannot believe how much better I feel not eating carbs. I too miss my glass of wine on the weekend. That will have to wait. Good luck to everyone this week.
The wine thing is hard for me too but it will be there when we finish. It isn't worth coming off the diet! Good job on the 5 pound loss!

Quote:
Does anyone have a recipe for making chicken fingers with any of the packages or without? I searched in the forum but I don't have time to sift through all that came up for it. If you have one of the top of your head that would be great!! I was thinking the cereal - but I don't know how the 'milk' powder would do with that? My coach is ordering some honey mustard from walden farms for me so I need to have something to eat it with! mm!
I sometimes bread my fish with the crepe mix. I use egg white to dip it in and then coat it in the crepe mix and cook it in olive oil. It is yummy and crunchy! Chicken should work in that recipie, I will have to try it.

It is so inspirational reading how everyone is doing on monday mornings. Let's keep up the good work! Have an OP day!
Closed Thread