Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 3/19/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #2  
Joy

S/C/G: 197.5/177/142

Height: 5'9"

Default Day 6

I have my first WI today. I can't wait. The weekend went so much better than I thought it would. Today went snow shoeing and was starved afterward, but had my veggies and dill pickle zippers with me and an extra protein drink. I haven't been eating lettuce with lunch and dinner. Really, what is the point of eating lettuce if you can't put anything on it. I don't have any WF and don't think my local stores carry it. Is it really that important to eat lettuce twice a day?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
I have my first WI today. I can't wait. The weekend went so much better than I thought it would. Today went snow shoeing and was starved afterward, but had my veggies and dill pickle zippers with me and an extra protein drink. I haven't been eating lettuce with lunch and dinner. Really, what is the point of eating lettuce if you can't put anything on it. I don't have any WF and don't think my local stores carry it. Is it really that important to eat lettuce twice a day?
I hope you have a good WI day!

I am not sure the answer to the lettuce question. I don't have it every day myself. I have found lettuces I enjoy much more than iceberg, so I choose those for my salads. There are a number of reipes for dressing out there. I googled some IP dressing recipes. Maybe they could be an answer for you? I don't really love the WF dressings, so have been looking for another way myself!

It is very early Monday here. The beagle needed out in the middle of the night. He is snoring now, but not so for myself!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/216/175

Height: 5-6

Default Ip

This is week 4 for me. WI in Wednesday. I have cheated a few times, so who knows? I really don't mind the IP food, just miss a few other things...specifically a glass of Chardonnay w my husband in the evenings.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

WI #4 today and I'm a bit nervous... My #'s on the scale haven't been huge (9lbs) but I know I'm in ketosis (+ sticks and strange metallic taste in mouth) and I feel like the fat is melting off?! It's a little disheartening that the scale doesn't show it! But...My clothes are looser everyday & I feel great... So I am trying to Reminding myself to look at the positives NSV- played hockey with my 5 year old so yesterday and had no problem bending over to tie skates

To top it all off it's my TOM so I guess I'm just preparing myself for the lack of movement on the scale... Good news is -they measure every 2 weeks and I'm
Sure my inches will be down~ which is great!!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for some positive reinforcement!!

Have a super Monday everyone

Last edited by Journey36; 03-19-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/153/145

Height: 5ft 7

Going to be a busy busy day getting ready for my trip. Already feeling a little stressed. Still trying to figure out how to stay op while in new york, oh well I hope everyone has a great and op day.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #7  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Monday Everyone,
Good luck with you WI's today!
Make today great cause you are worth it!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
I haven't had lettuce since week 2. I think it depends on your coach. Some coachs say you MUST have the lettuce, others keep it optional. It also depends on the person. Some people need the filler to help keep them full; others don't. I know Romaine helps to keep you regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey36 View Post
WI #4 today and I'm a bit nervous... My #'s on the scale haven't been huge (9lbs) but I know I'm in ketosis (+ sticks and strange metallic taste in mouth) and I feel like the fat is melting off?! It's a little disheartening that the scale doesn't show it! But...My clothes are looser everyday & I feel great... So I am trying to Reminding myself to look at the positives NSV- played hockey with my 5 year old so yesterday and had no problem bending over to tie skates

To top it all off it's my TOM so I guess I'm just preparing myself for the lack of movement on the scale... Good news is -they measure every 2 weeks and I'm
Sure my inches will be down~ which is great!!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for some positive reinforcement!!

Have a super Monday everyone
Just remember some weeks your body needs to catch up with your weight loss. Weeks where I have little to no weight loss I still saw a lot of inches lost.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Quote:
Love snow shoeing! Sadly we had no winter this year BTW, feel the same way about lettuce.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdad1220 View Post
This is week 4 for me. WI in Wednesday. I have cheated a few times, so who knows? I really don't mind the IP food, just miss a few other things...specifically a glass of Chardonnay w my husband in the evenings.
I so miss my glass of red wine on the weekend! BUT thats what threw me off track last time. Wish there was some sort of replacement for it that is legal.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #11  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody.

Feeling great today! I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #12  
started IP 01/03/2012

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all, I did it! I reached onederland, I am so excited and just had to share. This is the first time in 20 years that I absolutely believe I will get this weight off. I feel so blessed to have found this protocal. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
Good morning all, I did it! I reached onederland, I am so excited and just had to share. This is the first time in 20 years that I absolutely believe I will get this weight off. I feel so blessed to have found this protocal. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Congratulations!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:

Congratulations!! We are all so blessed to have found IP

Soooo my habit when stressed with school, when I have to sit at my desk and study and write papers for 3 days straight, is to go buy a giant bag of Cheetos and a bunch of energy drinks and not leave my room. This weekend was one of those weekends, however, I didn't do that! I resisted the urge to sabotage my health and stayed 100% OP. I am so very proud of myself. This was probably my biggest worry about going on this program, I knew I still had many weekends of cramming and papers and I didn't want to ruin everything with my little routine. I guess since I've lost weight I've made room for some willpower!

I hope everyone has a great day; good luck with weigh-ins this week!!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Quote:
That's great! Do something nice for yourself!
Closed Thread