Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #121  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
Yes, I am taking the potassium supplement. She knew exactly all the vitamins and amounts taken. It was 5.4
Thanks
Be careful. Potassium (too low or too high) is a very serious problem on this diet with serious side effects. Did your coach mention anything? Did you have symptoms that might have told you something was off? Sometimes pains that can feel like muscle aches are a sign of low potassium. I hope you feel better once off this diet for a bit.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #122  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I just have a question for people that have been on IP a while. I've been HUNGRY just out right HUNGRY for the past 2 weeks, going on 3 now. I thought at first it was just stress of losing my job etc. But, I'm thinking maybe I'm moving around too much? And therefore need another packet? Because I've been doing LOTS of yard work, heavy lifting, remodeling a house is tough work lol. SO i'm thinking that's what is wrong with me because I've been getting light headed too..? Anyone ever get like this?
I have a bit, and I increased number of packets, even for a couple days if you active. In my opinion, you really need to listen to your body-just don't over indulge-sometimes just a half a pack of soy nuts will help.

Had a nice relaxing day off with my sister and niece.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #123  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Message me if you ever need some support from someone who feels the same! I have days where I feel really great, but lately its been more of the blah, omg why can't I just be done with this already kind of feeling. I'm most certain we can get through this When we reach our goals and look back, this will be all just be part of the journey that got us where we need to be
LOL! Maybe it will go away tomorrow.

I want to make a suggestion. Decided to try and make like a pasta primavera. Bought WF Alfredo sauce and then I picked out some pretty bell peppers but did not use all. I think I am going to treat this phase sort of like a starting over phase and really put a lot of effort into making tasty and/or pretty food. Then I think I will go back and pick out my favorites and just eat those for a while.

Now that I know phase two is a little more achy and sometimes super hungry and sometimes super cravey, I may need to adjust my ways. This is not like phase one so I have to treat it differently.

It might be time for you to get into your cuter clothes, "skinny minnie" or make some pretty food or something, at least until this phases passes. LOL!, I need to get a new bra.

Thank you for listening. Much appreciated.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
NSV: At kickboxing all the gals commented on my weight loss and one mentioned how toned my arms are getting. Another lady said something about a skinny minnie and I had to turn around to see who she was talking to. She was talking to me. It was actually a rather comical moment. I had a really crappy loss last weigh in and my scale isn't doing much movement at home this week either, but these things all were very encouraging as well as appreciated. One step at a time I guess.
Progress can be measured many ways; congratulations!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 151/138.2/130

Height: 5'5''

Since I'm reading about eggs...
I notice everyone saying 'hard.' Does this mean you can't scramble the eggs? Add some veggies in there? Nobody has mentioned 'scrambled' when they refer to eggs and I was just wondering if that's not an option. I don't see why not, but I'm new to the program. I would SO enjoy real eggs. I just tossed the packet of omelet mix after trying twice. Can't choke it down.
Also, I saw some talk about potasium. I drank so much water the first couple days I think it threw my levels off. Had my first charlie horse in about 20 years! My calf muscle hurt for days. Started taking an extra potasium and it hasn't been a problem.
Thanks for any info. on the eggs.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #126  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug007 View Post
I notice everyone saying 'hard.' Does this mean you can't scramble the eggs? Add some veggies in there? Nobody has mentioned 'scrambled' when they refer to eggs and I was just wondering if that's not an option. I don't see why not, but I'm new to the program. I would SO enjoy real eggs. I just tossed the packet of omelet mix after trying twice. Can't choke it down.
Also, I saw some talk about potasium. I drank so much water the first couple days I think it threw my levels off. Had my first charlie horse in about 20 years! My calf muscle hurt for days. Started taking an extra potasium and it hasn't been a problem.
You can scrambled too, just make sure you keep to your fat limit when frying. I really like my eggs poached and this is a great low fat way to order if you are in a restaurant.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #127  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug007 View Post
If I have eggs I always scramble them and have since the beginning. Have you tried the omelets as a scamble? I do that with my packets now and it totally changed the way they tasted and I love them again.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #128  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
LOL! Maybe it will go away tomorrow.

I want to make a suggestion. Decided to try and make like a pasta primavera. Bought WF Alfredo sauce and then I picked out some pretty bell peppers but did not use all. I think I am going to treat this phase sort of like a starting over phase and really put a lot of effort into making tasty and/or pretty food. Then I think I will go back and pick out my favorites and just eat those for a while.

Now that I know phase two is a little more achy and sometimes super hungry and sometimes super cravey, I may need to adjust my ways. This is not like phase one so I have to treat it differently.

It might be time for you to get into your cuter clothes, "skinny minnie" or make some pretty food or something, at least until this phases passes. LOL!, I need to get a new bra.

Thank you for listening. Much appreciated.
I really like your idea! Maybe I need to try to find some new favorites, make food feel fun again. I mean, I love me some food and this has kind of sucked the joy out of the beauty of food LOL. I think you're right, try making beautiful food (a la FinnSteve!) to get that sort of joy back. This "phase" requires a different mindset and a different set of coping skills. In the beginning its just like, let me make it through each day plllleeeasse and then it turns into oh god another day of the same We'll find a way through this! Just relating to someone else helps me

I got a new bra! Seriously girl, get yourself a new bra because it feels soooo much better than wearing an old loose stretched out one (at least that was the case with mine). Now I feel like the girls are where they should be! So not only are the girls lifted, so is my mood! LOL.

P.S- I'm here to listen anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Progress can be measured many ways; congratulations!
Thank you!!! Very wise words, I need to remember that
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #129  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Eggs. I was told to eat 3-4 eggs even though the sheet doesn't say that. So, I eat 3 cooked eggs and one (hard) egg white. Has anyone else been told to eat an amount different than the "protocol"? TY
Yep, I was told 4 eggs.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #130  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
The inch loss must be increasing even if the scale isn't. How exciting that others are seeing it....good for you!
Thanks girl! It really boosted my mood to have people make such kind comments and take notice of my hard work
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 306.2/296.8/190

Height: 5'6"

I keep having the feelings of "I'm going to go off plan" but then I still stay on plan. I'm the worst diet sabotager ever. But I guess that just shows how far I've actually came. This time last week I was like being a butthead to myself thinking, I'll just eat pizza...... but then I just didn't. Therefore, I don't think it's that I want *pizza* I just want the freedom to eat what I want. Does that make any sense?

I don't hate the IP alternatives at all, I don't mind the meat portions or anything; I'm just a weirdo.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me! I love pizza so I started taking a plain crepe and added 2eggs, dash baking power, 4 tbsps water and some seasonings and bake it for 20 mins and then add the turkey burger, green pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic and a slice of veggie cheese! It satifies my craving for pizza and I also make turmip fries with it!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 164/145/120

Height: 5'2

I've been on Ideal Protein for 2 months now and have lost 20lbs. I've been considering ending this diet for several reasons though. It is getting hard for me to afford as a college student, and I've discovered much higher quality protein that comes from grass fed cattle and doesn't contain artificial sweeteners like Ideal Protein does. I'm just stuck because I feel like I started this diet so I should finish it. Although I do not like some of the junk in these products, and feel for that the price I pay it should be a little higher quality. Right now, I am taking another protein so I do not have to buy as many ideal protein products, and I've lost more weight since I started using other proteins. The only reason I really want to stay with IP is to see how this cleanse is conducted once I'm halfway through. I plan on creating my alternative program based off healthier proteins in the future though.

My top alternatives in protein powers so far are:

1. Pro-Optimal Whey (cal 110, carb 5g, sugar 4g, protein 17g)-18 servings
2.Pure Encapsulations Whey Basics (Cal 90, Carb 1, Sugar <1, protein 21g)-20 servings
3. One World Whey (Cal 115, Carb 2g, Sugar 0, Protein 25g)-Servings 15

These proteins are not cheap (40-50 bucks a pound) but a lot better value compared to Ideal Protein, and they are undenatured, cold pressed, and come from grass fed cattle.

I did find decent bars as well. The 100% natural line they have has stevia for sweetener. These are higher carbs, however are very high fiber.

Quest bars (100% natural line)- (cal 160-170, Carb 24-25g, Fiber 17g, sugar 1-2g, Protein 20g) box of 12 for about 25 bucks.

I know this might not mean a lot to people, but ingredients in products and where the product came from are very important to me. I've studied nutrition for a long time but never knew a lot about protein powers and bars until after I started the IP diet. So I do not regret doing this diet because it's caused me to look deeper under the surface, however I wish I could have known these things before I signed up for it. I will continue on this program until I am done, but will be using some of these other products along with ideal protein to save some money and keep the quality.

peace.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
I've been on Ideal Protein for 2 months now and have lost 20lbs. I've been considering ending this diet for several reasons though. It is getting hard for me to afford as a college student, and I've discovered much higher quality protein that comes from grass fed cattle and doesn't contain artificial sweeteners like Ideal Protein does. I'm just stuck because I feel like I started this diet so I should finish it. Although I do not like some of the junk in these products, and feel for that the price I pay it should be a little higher quality. Right now, I am taking another protein so I do not have to buy as many ideal protein products, and I've lost more weight since I started using other proteins. The only reason I really want to stay with IP is to see how this cleanse is conducted once I'm halfway through. I plan on creating my alternative program based off healthier proteins in the future though.

My top alternatives in protein powers so far are:

1. Pro-Optimal Whey (cal 110, carb 5g, sugar 4g, protein 17g)-18 servings
2.Pure Encapsulations Whey Basics (Cal 90, Carb 1, Sugar <1, protein 21g)-20 servings
3. One World Whey (Cal 115, Carb 2g, Sugar 0, Protein 25g)-Servings 15

These proteins are not cheap (40-50 bucks a pound) but a lot better value compared to Ideal Protein, and they are undenatured, cold pressed, and come from grass fed cattle.

I did find decent bars as well. The 100% natural line they have has stevia for sweetener. These are higher carbs, however are very high fiber.

Quest bars (100% natural line)- (cal 160-170, Carb 24-25g, Fiber 17g, sugar 1-2g, Protein 20g) box of 12 for about 25 bucks.

I know this might not mean a lot to people, but ingredients in products and where the product came from are very important to me. I've studied nutrition for a long time but never knew a lot about protein powers and bars until after I started the IP diet. So I do not regret doing this diet because it's caused me to look deeper under the surface, however I wish I could have known these things before I signed up for it. I will continue on this program until I am done, but will be using some of these other products along with ideal protein to save some money and keep the quality.

peace.
I think most of us care about what's in a product, (i.e. we all have standards)

If you read through various threads there are tons of other "cheaper" options available and you don't have to buy IP. You can still follow their "protocol" and save some cash with other products. That may be the best avenue for you as money is tight. Good luck in whatever you choose! This "protocol" does work so make the choice that's best for you! AND I couldn't imagine having done this in college so kudos to you!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #134  

So my new coach (I changed coaches at my clinic) told me I don't have to hold off on having my evening snack until one hour b/f I go to bed which was great news to hear!!! I can have it 4-5 hours after having my dinner!!! My other coach wanted me to put it off so that I would have less "fasting" time while sleeping. I don't know where they come up with this stuff but I like consistency and it's hard to find on this protocol!!! LOL
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #135  

Protocol change??? I just read on another post that restricted items have gone from one per day to a couple per week. Anyone else here this??? Personally, I have one a day and it's been working fine so I'll keep doing that.
Closed Thread