Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #16  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My son says I am addicted to this site because I am always on it....lol....he is on his own car forum and I used to tell him he was obsessed because he was always on it. He said MOM I think you are worse than I am now....lol...I said I am learning he said I know I KNOW.....lol... distractions are the best things that keep me going. I can read here for hours on in sometimes. The last 10 months (43 weeks) have FLEW by. I live by weeks now not months, I live Wednesday to Wednesday cuz that is my WI day. It probably the ONLY thing I look forward too, it keeps me going.
Thank you so much for posting on my thread! I've been reading a lot of your posts and I am so inspired by you. You have done an amazing job of sticking to it...and the results are amazing.

Thank you for your positive energy and optimistic wisdom. You are a huge asset to this message board!

I WI on Wednesdays too so I'll be thinking of you!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 388/378.8/150

Height: 5' 3"

I am also a newbie and Wednesday will also be my first WI. I'm so totally excited about it too. I have had my TOM since I started... so that is making things a little difficult for me. What I've been craving is ice cream, lol. But I don't have any in the house and don't plan on having any here! And I was craving cheese... but I made the IP Broccoli cheese soup and that seemed to help a bit. One thing that helps is that the IP foods taste good and idk if it's all the veggies or what - but I haven't really been hungry. Only real symptoms I've experienced are the headaches and my legs have been sore and I've been tired. What I did over the weekend to try to help with the 'boredom' of it all, I live out in the country, so not many neighbors to wonder what I was doing, lol, so several times a day, I went out in the yard and walked a little ways up the hill behind my house and just sat there and enjoyed the weather (was pretty in Oklahoma this weekend). I didn't walk far as I know my calorie intake isn't enough - plus the leg pain and overall tiredness wouldn't have let me anyway. But I had gotten to where I didn't enjoy the outdoors or the weather. Was alot better than being cooped up indoors where I might give into temptation. Idk if that would work for others, but it seemed to work for me.
SoonerGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #18  

These boards definately help! They are a great motivator. If you're having a bad day, just come and read. Someone is always posting their SVs or NSVs. If you are having a bad day...tell everyone here. We are all quick to support each other.

My husband wasn't very supportive when I started this diet. I too was spending a lot of time reading the boards. He was even less supportive when he say the pre-packaged foods I was going to eat. Now he is one of my biggest supporters. When people tell me I look great he jumps in and says "tell them what you've done so far".

I also have short term goals and long term goals. I had started running to help lose weight before starting this diet, but my weight was causing issues in the sacrial region. I was told I had to stop. I'm hoping to loose a little more and start running again. I wanted to be part of the 5k they do in May.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGal View Post
I am also a newbie and Wednesday will also be my first WI. I'm so totally excited about it too. I have had my TOM since I started... so that is making things a little difficult for me. What I've been craving is ice cream, lol. But I don't have any in the house and don't plan on having any here! And I was craving cheese... but I made the IP Broccoli cheese soup and that seemed to help a bit. One thing that helps is that the IP foods taste good and idk if it's all the veggies or what - but I haven't really been hungry. Only real symptoms I've experienced are the headaches and my legs have been sore and I've been tired. What I did over the weekend to try to help with the 'boredom' of it all, I live out in the country, so not many neighbors to wonder what I was doing, lol, so several times a day, I went out in the yard and walked a little ways up the hill behind my house and just sat there and enjoyed the weather (was pretty in Oklahoma this weekend). I didn't walk far as I know my calorie intake isn't enough - plus the leg pain and overall tiredness wouldn't have let me anyway. But I had gotten to where I didn't enjoy the outdoors or the weather. Was alot better than being cooped up indoors where I might give into temptation. Idk if that would work for others, but it seemed to work for me.
Ice Cream?.....you know there is an IP recipe for that don't ya?

IP Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 IP drink packet (I used the chocolate drink packet for chocolate ice cream)
½ TSP of vanilla extract
1 packet of sweetener (optional)
1 cup of water
½ cup of course salt
Ice

Directions:
Put 1 cup of water into IP shaker – add in vanilla and sweetener – then the IP drink packet and shake until well blended. Pour mixture into small sandwich plastic bag. SEAL TIGHT.

Take a gallon sized plastic bag and fill up half way with ice cubes. Pour ½ cup of salt into the bag. Place the sealed sandwich bag with the drink mixture inside the ice cube bag. MAKE SURE BOTH BAGS ARE SEALED TIGHT.

Now here come the little arm workout! Shake, shake, shake for 8 minutes. At about 5 minutes the mixture should be partially frozen – kind of looking like a slushy. I use pot holders while I’m shaking the bag because it’s cold to hold onto!

At 8 minutes you are going to have a hard bag of ‘ice cream’! Take out of the salty ice bag and very quickly rinse the bag off under cold water.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDHockeyFan View Post
I've also thought about journaling through the process - I'm sure that more "ah ha" moments will come from that. I think that because this is all so new I'm thinking about it more than usual, which is time well spent for my future health.
There have been so many good ideas in this thread! And your idea of journalling is another one -- writing things down is a great way to work through your thoughts and feelings. And if you're up for it, the site offers free blogging space, too.

Like everyone has said, this place is amazing, really, and the people are fantastic and supportive; I'm a pretty private person and sharing here doesn't come naturally, but getting active here (or just reading) is super helpful. It's so reassuring just to know that pretty much everything you're experiencing, someone else is going through it too.
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #21  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
These boards definately help! They are a great motivator. If you're having a bad day, just come and read. Someone is always posting their SVs or NSVs. If you are having a bad day...tell everyone here. We are all quick to support each other.

My husband wasn't very supportive when I started this diet. I too was spending a lot of time reading the boards. He was even less supportive when he say the pre-packaged foods I was going to eat. Now he is one of my biggest supporters. When people tell me I look great he jumps in and says "tell them what you've done so far".

I also have short term goals and long term goals. I had started running to help lose weight before starting this diet, but my weight was causing issues in the sacrial region. I was told I had to stop. I'm hoping to loose a little more and start running again. I wanted to be part of the 5k they do in May.
So great to see another North Dakotan on here!!

Happy to hear about your success! Way to go girl! I'm also happy to see your husband is also more supportive. I'm sure mine will be once I start losing. It's only my first week and he's seen me start so many programs and then lose my steam - I can't wait to show him how I can stick to it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I want to send some back to you too - are you running the Fargo 5K in May? My doctor that I see for IP talks about this is the program to do before you go back in the gym! I know that you'll be able to do it! If anything you can walk/jog it! It's a great goal. I know that when I did the 5K in Detroit Lakes two summers ago, it felt so good to cross the finish line even though I didn't run the whole thing.

Let's keep in touch!!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGal View Post
What I've been craving is ice cream, lol. But I don't have any in the house and don't plan on having any here!
WUV posted the real recipe but you can also freeze a made pudding serving and I find that really hits the spot!
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
WUV posted the real recipe but you can also freeze a made pudding serving and I find that really hits the spot!
YES! Chocolate frozen pudding with WF chocolate syrup on top... YUM!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #24  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
YES! Chocolate frozen pudding with WF chocolate syrup on top... YUM!
Where can you get WF products?
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Some grocery stores carry a few of the dressings but you can order directly from the walden farms website or Netrition.com, which has them for cheaper. I ordered from Netrition and they came within 3 days.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDHockeyFan View Post
So great to see another North Dakotan on here!!

Happy to hear about your success! Way to go girl! I'm also happy to see your husband is also more supportive. I'm sure mine will be once I start losing. It's only my first week and he's seen me start so many programs and then lose my steam - I can't wait to show him how I can stick to it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I want to send some back to you too - are you running the Fargo 5K in May? My doctor that I see for IP talks about this is the program to do before you go back in the gym! I know that you'll be able to do it! If anything you can walk/jog it! It's a great goal. I know that when I did the 5K in Detroit Lakes two summers ago, it felt so good to cross the finish line even though I didn't run the whole thing.

Let's keep in touch!!
I would LOVE to run the Fargo 5K in May. My 10 year old son is my inspiration. He LOVES to run, but neither my husband or I are runners and we don't want him to do it along. My husband did it once and he got really sick afterwards. So I vowed I would run it with him. I was hearbroken when my chrio said I had to stop. I just started doing light exercise and I'm hoping to build up to running again soon.

It IS nice seeing another ND person on here...there's very few of us! Good Luck on your journey!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187 / 178 / 120

Height: 5' 1/2"

I have my 4th WI on Wednesday.... so I'm still pretty new to this IP thing, but I found the first week to be the hardest on my patience. Once I had that first WI and saw the #s dripping off... I was hooked and in it for the long haul. Until then...? Lots of deep breaths and sleeping more than normal so I wouldn't snack.
alex1space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/212/175

Default Keep it up

I am sure your weight loss will be quick. I am on week 8 (2 more days) and I have lost 31.5lbs I am shocked it was like omg where did it go. The plan is strict but so easy.

Just keep doing it, don't cheat it is so not worth it. The little bit of a cheat effect that day and then next 3 so I have not cheated.
Stephanie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #29  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/181/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
Another fellow Torontonian

You can usually find select WF products in grocery stores (some Metro's or No Frills).

I e-mailed them directly and gave them my postal code. They sent me back a few options where I could pick things up. The only downside is that you cannot find the whole product line in most stores.

Alternatively, yesterday I decided to make the trip to the low carb grocery store in Markham (they have a few locations within the GTA). They carry a great selection and stuff (for about the same price as in grocery stores). Or you can order online.

I picked up the pancake syrup YUM

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/
IttyBittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi UNDHockeyFan, Instant satisfaction is a great thing that we all crave. I.e. a new haircut, mani/pedi, tattoo, new clothes, hair color etc. Dieting is not an instant satisfaction thing...BUT it will lead to a lifetime of satisfaction! Hang in there and in time you will have all the satisfaction you are currently craving! Be well and hold on!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote