Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #31  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoftx View Post
Thank you!

I was going to private message you so I don't thread hijack but I can't seem to find that option here.

Remember these are changes for life. During maintainence I didn't need to log all the time and because I had done it slowly, many habits formed naturally. After awhile, it really was almost second nature. I did continue to weigh to monitor it and I logged my foods for a week or two when I felt I was getting off track too much nutritionally or every few months. As I got better at all of these weight loss strategies, my body became an intuitive eater. I trusted that more after training it than prior. I began to let slowly be my method but continued to use monitoring strategies periodically. Want to hear a shocker? I didn't even realize I did it! This past year I moved to a new country and went on vacation mode. Because I knew what it was I was doing and didn't want to stop, I was in denial mode. So when I made a concious effort to go back on a diet, quite honestly I was shocked to realize that I had logged in periodically over the years including a month before I made the move. I don't even remember doing it! Of course I am not suggesting you forget about maintence strategies. I'm just surprised after 3 years how routine it became. I looked at my patterns and realized why I did it that way each time. Amazing really. In the beginning I am willing to bet I had to think it through more but over time it became more intuitive. Whether or not this happens to you, the key is continuous monitoring strategies and continuing to use good habits you worked hard to develop.

Sorry Op for the thread hijack. Please continue.
thank you for your response, i am taking in all info from the maintainers to make this work for myself. good luck to you. lise
matolmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Hang in there! I would try another center to see if they offer you a better option. I don't get a ton of help from my coach. She is encouraging and I think she is knowledgeable. However, I get most of my help here in the IP forum. So, while I need the weekly weigh in and measuring for know, I know that I also have a really good resource to help me get through the days that are tough and also that I can learn more about the program from those who having some of the same questions or issues. Regarding your weight loss....I was a restart in January. Not only was it harder the 2nd time around....my losses have been slower this time around....although, I am losing inches consistently....week 1: -6.6 week 2: -2.8 week 3: -1.2 week 4: +.2 (TOM) week 5: -1.4 - so while I wanted to be in phase 2 at week 6, I am not there....I should know better then to set myself up. I am losing more inches than pounds and am not too far from goal. I will break through this and just have to keep my eye on the goal. I do understand your frustration though....you are headed in the right direction! Don't get turned around! We are here for you!!!
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
I would love the info! I drive to red deer to go to my clinic. I just moved out here from Calgary and the place I go to was the first one I found. I guess you know about the store on Gatez that carries the whole WF line??
Billster,I've been trying to find how to PM the info to you and can't find the option. I think perhaps you need to have been here 20 days with 20 posts? Does anyone know if it's acceptable for me to post my coach's business name on here or some other way to get the information to Billster?
ipsbest4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/131/122

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Good Morning,

I read your post and feel your pain. My IP "coach" was a joke too. I got much more useful information from being on this site than she was ever able to give me. My first week I lost 7lbs and I was ecstatic ! Second week only 0.2 lbs. I was, needless to say, pretty disappointed. My coach insisted that I must be doing something wrong, when I know that I was 100% OP. After a couple more meetings, I realized that this "coach" had no medical training and actually had never followed IP, nor even had a weight problem. She did excel at taking my money though.

I am doing alternatives now. My weight loss varies between 2-3 lbs a week and I get all the advice and support I need from this website.

I think that the US coaches are more trained in the medical field. It is unfortunate that this is not the case in Canada.

Do not be discouraged by your slow loss this week. Follow the protocol and the weight will come off !

Good luck !
I get frustrated with the lack of information from my coaches as well. I also received the same treatment when I had some low loss weeks - I must be cheating.... Makes it real hard to go back.

I'm very close to my goal, but have hit a plateau (for about a month) and don't seem to get any new advice from the coaches.

This website has been wonderful. I have just place an order for alternatives and am searching for some new recipes today to hopefully get me out of my funk.
SarianeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

ipsbest4me--- thanks for trying, I think I found a new place. I'm going to meet with them on Monday, depending on how my WI goes tomorrow (and if the coach show's or not).

I did change a few things this week-- I made sure to eat all 3 IP packs, even if I was not hungry (just did a shake as its not a bad to get down when your not hungry). I also did some improvements to the soups (Thanks Steven!) so we will see what tomorrow brings! Only down fall is I'm working the night shift tonight so I will be getting weighted at the end of my day, where all the other WI's were first thing in the AM, so not sure how much of a difference this will make.
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
ipsbest4me--- thanks for trying, I think I found a new place. I'm going to meet with them on Monday, depending on how my WI goes tomorrow (and if the coach show's or not).

I did change a few things this week-- I made sure to eat all 3 IP packs, even if I was not hungry (just did a shake as its not a bad to get down when your not hungry). I also did some improvements to the soups (Thanks Steven!) so we will see what tomorrow brings! Only down fall is I'm working the night shift tonight so I will be getting weighted at the end of my day, where all the other WI's were first thing in the AM, so not sure how much of a difference this will make.
It does make a difference but it all works itself out....I think you'll do great! I posted in the 'price increase thread that I'm really happy that you've found a new clinic. The prices you're paying are more that DOUBLE what I'm paying. I would have thought there would be some price parity but I guess there's not. Good luck with your WI!!
ipsbest4me is offline   Reply With Quote