Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #16  

Thanks wuv! I love ur story, its so motivating and ur so beautiful! I'm so glad I found this place My major problems are carbs! I love potatoes, pasta, rice, popcorn and chips. I have cravings for them like a psychopath! Thanks to this site I've found replacements for potatoes and rice (im gonna try the cauliflower rice and the turnip fries) I'm on my way to the store to get the heinz lowcarb/low sugar ketchup. I'm looking for replacements for chips and popcorn... any ideas for those before I go to the store?
weddingbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #17  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Jump in the recipe thread. Some lately have been talking about cauliflower popcorn but I don't know how to make it. I make mashed caulifower and IP now has mashed potatoes. Oh some make zucchini chips, sweet and savory. And kale chips (might be an acquired taste). Plus, I love IP's dill zippers. The SW curls are pretty spicy and there's more to satisfy that need for crunch. Yayyy...you did it. Day 3. And there's a product out there called Miracle Noodles. It helps me with the noodle experience but not everyone likes them. You tastes will change on this diet. Things that might sound icky now will be tasting really good in the future. Remember to spice everything. That is what we do. Replace the fat and carbs with flavor. Taste buds need to be happy.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I've made kale chips which are pretty good, they taste like potato chips and i've made cauliflower popcorn which is really good! Eat them right out of the oven. But with these few things you have to be careful not to have more than 4 cups raw! There are all kinds of things to curb your appetite for carbs and trust me, after the first week, you really dont crave them as much. I cheated during my first week and had corn bread and I felt literally sick afterwards. Not only did I feel bad for cheating but my body hated me for stuffing it.

You can do it, just come on the site everytime you have a craving and it will help, I promise!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Um, no, I would have to say that in all honesty, kale chips do not taste like potato chips. HOWEVER, they do provide kind of a salty, very delicate crunch experience that can substitute for potato chips. Again, the longer you are on the plan (and away from real potato chips), the better they probably will be. I personally do not care for them. Cauliflower "popcorn" is so named because it looks like popcorn. Does not taste or crunch like popcorn. Again, HOWEVER, it can be a snack-like item, and can be seasoned however you like. I have used cheesy sprinkles, salt, garlic, Mrs. Dash, and any number of things. I do like baked cauliflower, and eat it often.
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote