Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #421  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
I drink the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control drinks as well. I have not had too many problems with being hungry after. The only time that I find I am hungry an hour or so after are the times that I do not have my snack shake at night before I go to bed. If you are not having one for a snack at night you might want to give it a try. And the times that you get hungry an hour or so after drink a shake, have one of your cups of veggies.

I am such food aholic, I love food and that is all I used to think about. But being on this plan I have finally learned the difference between a true hunger and a head hunger. If my stomach gowls, I will drink some water and go fix myself a cup of hot tea drink it. If after about 20 minutes my stomach is still growling, I will eat some veggies. 9 times out of ten now the water and tea take care of it.

I honestly never thought that I would beable to follow thru with this plan after I started because I knew how much I love to eat. But I have made it this far and the food addicition has actually subsided. You can do this, when you are feeling hungry try the water and tea first and wait at least 20 minutes, because it takes that long for it to register with your brain.

You have alot of support on this forum and we are always here for you!! Stay strong and keep telling yourself that YOU ARE worth it.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm feeling a little more "up" today, and ready to lose weight this week. I had my daughter's teacher ask me today what I was doing differently (without asking me if I've lost weight - I think she was being polite). That made me feel really great.

Also, I noticed while filling my pill box this morning that my new multi-vitamin is supposed to be taken w/every meal (I've only been taking 1/day, not 3). I wonder if this is one of the reasons I've been getting hungry? Anyway, it's just one more thing that's given me some encouragement.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #422  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm feeling a little more "up" today, and ready to lose weight this week. I had my daughter's teacher ask me today what I was doing differently (without asking me if I've lost weight - I think she was being polite). That made me feel really great.

Also, I noticed while filling my pill box this morning that my new multi-vitamin is supposed to be taken w/every meal (I've only been taking 1/day, not 3). I wonder if this is one of the reasons I've been getting hungry? Anyway, it's just one more thing that's given me some encouragement.
Your vitamins shouldn't have anything to do with your hunger so to say, it's just your way of giving your body the things it needs while you're on such a strictive diet. Does that make sense? When you're getting hungry .... do you think you're actually hungry or brain hunger? I get brain hunger sometimes, chug some water & poof it's gone!

What products are you using?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #423  
Started IP 1/25/12

S/C/G: 221/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Ack! Tried to post in the daily thread but couldn't read anymore. It's a minefield, I think if let myself read about people eating chips, cake and deep frying veggies I might give myself room to ponder. So far my "cheating" has been limited to the crazy dreams of feasting.

Anyway it's just Day 13 for me and I'm at 11 pounds which is very exciting. I believe being 100% OP is a small sacrifice to pay for such incredible results and health benefits.

Thank you ladies for the inspiration!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #424  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminezmarie View Post
Ack! Tried to post in the daily thread but couldn't read anymore. It's a minefield, I think if let myself read about people eating chips, cake and deep frying veggies I might give myself room to ponder. So far my "cheating" has been limited to the crazy dreams of feasting.

Anyway it's just Day 13 for me and I'm at 11 pounds which is very exciting. I believe being 100% OP is a small sacrifice to pay for such incredible results and health benefits.

I felt the same... don't need anyone else putting bad thoughts in my mind I can do that all by myself! I am on day 32, 100% OP through each and every one, just taking one day at a time... the results are amazing!! Good luck to you!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #425  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminezmarie View Post

ROFL, I totally agree. I only helped some with questions they have on ketosis, but it's pretty lethal over there today. I'm sure tonight I will be dreaming about chips!

On a happier note, I went out and bought WF peanut butter today. All by itself, YUCK , but on some celery - not too bad. At least it gives me a new taste of something in my diet.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 233/153/155

Height: 5'7"

This might not be the best place for this post but I'm really hoping for some guidance with this. I JUST finished eating my meat meal...didn't get home from work until 8:15 and that was totally unplanned. I generally go to bed at 9:00 as I get up at 4:45. My question is should I try to stay up to have my last pack or just go to bed? Tomorrow is my second WI and I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #427  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post
This might not be the best place for this post but I'm really hoping for some guidance with this. I JUST finished eating my meat meal...didn't get home from work until 8:15 and that was totally unplanned. I generally go to bed at 9:00 as I get up at 4:45. My question is should I try to stay up to have my last pack or just go to bed? Tomorrow is my second WI and I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.
You really need to get that last pack in :/. Could you go ahead and have it & just go to bed?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #428  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
You really need to get that last pack in :/. Could you go ahead and have it & just go to bed?
Is that okay to do...I mean to eat it so close to the meat meal? Would be great if I could do that.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #429  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Is that okay to do...I mean to eat it so close to the meat meal? Would be great if I could do that.
How long ago did you eat your "meat"? Also, I think *personally* it would be better to put them close together rather than SKIP the last one completely because you need something in your stomach overnight to keep the fat burning
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #430  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
I'm no expert, but I would eat it close to the meal rather then not at all. I wouldn't make a habit of it though.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #431  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
I'm no expert, but I would eat it close to the meal rather then not at all. I wouldn't make a habit of it though.
this. definitely.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #432  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

My coach said to do exactly that-eat one right after another if you need to...Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #433  

Thanks so much Miranda and 3mama. That's what I'm gonna do then. I really appreciate the help.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #434  

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy7 View Post
My coach said to do exactly that-eat one right after another if you need to...Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!
And thanks to you to Ashley.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #435  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Thanks so much Miranda and 3mama. That's what I'm gonna do then. I really appreciate the help.
No problem! It's what we're here for Good luck tomorrow at your weigh-in!
Closed Thread