Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I had the chicken soup for lunch. I add mashed cauliflower and curry powder. It is delicious!

I need the soups to keep me full during the day. I like the mushroom and the chicken best. I have not found a way to make the tomato soup taste good...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #107  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

I have had the soy patty and I really quite liked it, I ground up celery and mushrooms and mixed that in with taco spices and then had it on a salad, with a little salsa and it was a very good taco salad.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Would it be okay to split my meat between lunch and dinner? I think taste-wise I'd enjoy my lunch a lot better if I could put half of the tuna from dinner into my veggies at lunch.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. Happy Monday to everyone. Congrats on the WI sounds like everyone has been doing great! I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, brings me to 12 lbs and 26 inches! I saw 3 people yesterday I haven't seen since I started the program a month ago and they were like, WOW you look so skinny. Total NSV for me. Made my day. I am having ahard time eating all the meat at one sitting and my coach suggested I have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at supper. What are the thoughts of the more experienced "chicks". Thanks!

Wuv ~ I am so happy for you. You will make a wonderful coach and I can't wait to hear how you are helping others transform their lives as well. Congrats on the 120 lbs too. You have got to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. :hugs:
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #110  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I had the chicken soup for lunch. I add mashed cauliflower and curry powder. It is delicious!

I need the soups to keep me full during the day. I like the mushroom and the chicken best. I have not found a way to make the tomato soup taste good...
Hmmm, I like this idea. Loved the Chicken soups first week. Now, I can't get them down. Gag.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #111  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;
what'd you have for lunch that you didn't really like?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I had broccoli and cauliflower with romaine. It wasn't so much the veggies I didn't like, it was that one was hot and one was cold, then the dressing (olive oil and apple cider vinegar) wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think I figured out how to make it taste better though (:

Edit; I had a shake too, but I watered it down too much.

Last edited by BACKDROPsilhouette; 01-09-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #113  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Would it be okay to split my meat between lunch and dinner? I think taste-wise I'd enjoy my lunch a lot better if I could put half of the tuna from dinner into my veggies at lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Hello all. Happy Monday to everyone. Congrats on the WI sounds like everyone has been doing great! I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, brings me to 12 lbs and 26 inches! I saw 3 people yesterday I haven't seen since I started the program a month ago and they were like, WOW you look so skinny. Total NSV for me. Made my day. I am having ahard time eating all the meat at one sitting and my coach suggested I have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at supper. What are the thoughts of the more experienced "chicks". Thanks!

Wuv ~ I am so happy for you. You will make a wonderful coach and I can't wait to hear how you are helping others transform their lives as well. Congrats on the 120 lbs too. You have got to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. :hugs:
Looks like the both of you were on the same train of thought here. You can split your lunch up but I wouldn't do it everyday. Maybe every other day, but if your coach says its cool then go with it. You could do like 3-4 ozs of turkey slices rolled up with a salad for lunch or something like that.

Thank you and congrats on your WI!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;
Did you at least salt it? You can also experiment with other ways of cooking the veggies, I like mine roasted in the oven with salt and olive oil. I'm sure your aunt can help you make things more palatable and you'll be amazed at how much your tastebuds change. My husband just brought me a cup of coffee and didn't realize I'm down to 1/2 a Splenda now and wow is it sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Week two is starting out great New recipes and different ways to spice up my meals! So, as ive said before I do alternatives to the IP diet, simply because I can't find a coach in my area! Anyways, I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.
Congrats!! That's awesome!! Plus you've crossed the first public event hurdle so you're well on your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Wuv, That is AWESOME!!!

I had my WI today, down another 3.6 pounds. I'm so excited because as of this weight in I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Plus, I was measured today (my clinic does it every two weeks), and I'm down 7 inches for a total of 21 inches. Amazing! I'm going to have to hit TJ Maxx or some other discount store to try on some smaller sizes. My clothes are really getting too big.
Congrats!! And have fun trying on new clothes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
Just a few quick questions:

Can we use advil/tylenol to control the headaches or any other pains? Just wondering if there is a restriction on using pain killers.

When you drink herbal or caffine-free teas do you count them toward your daily water intake? Or are they just what some people call a free drink and you still need to take in your total water intake.

This is my second day using alternatives (I actually have my appointment at the IP clinic tomorrow morning) and so far I don't have any headaches or hunger so far, but I get the chills every once and a while. They don't stick around, just a quick chill and it is gone. If it doesn't get much worse I can handle that.
Yes you can use Advil (I do during my TOM) but if it's a carb withdrawl headache try the salt first. I still get those kind of headaches every now and then and the salt fixes it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom View Post
YES!!!! I am very excited and proud of her. Being on this site has helped her in more ways than one. The ability to help others has helped her stay motivated and be strong. You are all on the right journey to make yourselves healthy. Stay Strong!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
I love to see you pop up!! I'm sure that you've been such amazing support to Wuv, and I can't believe your amazing success. You're proof that it can be done on alternatives too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Hmmm, I like this idea. Loved the Chicken soups first week. Now, I can't get them down. Gag.
See if your coach will let you exchange them. I did the same thing, the second week I ordered a soups every day for lunch and realized there was no way I could stomach them and my coach let me exchange them. There are also some really good sounding recipes using them in Finn Stevens recipe thread.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #115  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I had broccoli and cauliflower with romaine. It wasn't so much the veggies I didn't like, it was that one was hot and one was cold, then the dressing (olive oil and apple cider vinegar) wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think I figured out how to make it taste better though (:

Edit; I had a shake too, but I watered it down too much.
What kind of dressing did you end up with making? I was trying to make a concoction and I don't know that it turned out so well ;P

Ooh. I didn't try to water down the shake, I just drank it as quick as possible. Also, I would advise against that because I got kind of bleh in the stomach after that, but it did go away so it's all good.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #116  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
See if your coach will let you exchange them. I did the same thing, the second week I ordered a soups every day for lunch and realized there was no way I could stomach them and my coach let me exchange them. There are also some really good sounding recipes using them in Finn Stevens recipe thread.
I will try. I have some tomato basil I have been hesitant to try.

Regarding splitting, I was not able to eat all my meat at dinner. It was just too much. So, sometimes I move like the equivalent of 2 oz. chicken (or less) to my lunch salad. It helps a lot. I found that I was too full at dinner, so full I couldn't get all my veggies in let alone my nighttime snack, but during the day I was staving. I have had to play around with things. The Omelet at lunch really helped and the oatmeal for breakfast. The puddings and drinks just weren't cutting it for the early meals.

I am stuffed after dinner. Sometimes I feel like I am forcing that nighttime snack.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #117  

I've been having my last packet for my afternoon snack. Should I be eating before bed instead?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #118  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I've been having my last packet for my afternoon snack. Should I be eating before bed instead?
Do what works for you. For myself personally, if I have my snack before I go to bed I don't wake up as hungry
Old 01-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Do you have a coach? Check with that person...every meal is 4-5 hours apart including snacks (plus you have your "meds" to take)...so you just want to be sure you're following the protocol... Well, with that said, I do know we're all being "fed" (no pun intended) different information from our coaches... Good luck!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
CONGRATS on this WI, now was all of the not eating at the baby shower and the other outing you had worth it? These are the types of results you will have IF you stick with the program. Yes this was an outstanding WI BUT will not happen every week, already remember that. Your body will have to catch up to this big loss so you may have a week or 2 of smaller losses. Just don't get discouraged when it happens and REMEMBER.....ANY LOSS is a LOSS no matter how small it is and it is NEVER ONLY a loss
I know i was so excited... I remember when I did WW, I would lose big one week and maybe not lose anything the other week. So, i'm prepared for this week to be low! So we will see Thanks for the feedback always!!
Closed Thread