Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Jellymae, I am still using IP enzymes.

Jellymae & Wuv, we can have a party. Wuv can bring the Gumbo, I can bring the NY cheesecake and Jelly can bring the coffee. lol
Old 10-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Jellymae, I am still using IP enzymes.

Jellymae & Wuv, we can have a party. Wuv can bring the Gumbo, I can bring the NY cheesecake and Jelly can bring the coffee. lol
Sounds good to me Bella!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #108  
Mel Belle

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 4'11"

Default Quick veggie question

Hey, for the last two days I have been finding myself not really hungry. This is IP day 4 for me. I've had all my IP food, but getting the 4 cups of veggies and the protein in has been tough. Any advice? Also, I'm not opposed to taking spoonfuls of olive oil or eating salt out of my hand to meet those daily requirements. Thanks for any insight
Old 10-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with ideas to fight off my massive hunger streak. Today has been better than yesterday, so I am thankful for that. I really liked Danas response about it being the whoosh fairy. I guess time will tell.
I was wondering also if anyone else has plateaued this early on as well. It seems that I have gotten to the one weight that I can lose down to and never surpass, and my loss has nearly halted. I lost the first 13 lbs fairly quickly, but I sure hope staying OP will get me past this point.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #110  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniea1119 View Post
Hey, for the last two days I have been finding myself not really hungry. This is IP day 4 for me. I've had all my IP food, but getting the 4 cups of veggies and the protein in has been tough. Any advice? Also, I'm not opposed to taking spoonfuls of olive oil or eating salt out of my hand to meet those daily requirements. Thanks for any insight
This happens to many people some time or other. The trick is to make the mental adjustment -- it's just another phase, or adjustment -- and take it in stride. On a practical level I'd start reading the various recipe threads, expand you're repertoire of ways to eat the vegetables you both cook and eat. Try going all organic for a week. Surprise yourself. And, my favorite, make soups either with or without the soup packets. On a cool day, a warm starter like mushroom broth, is a real comfort food. Cheers, and good luck.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #111  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown46 View Post
Thanks to everyone who chimed in with ideas to fight off my massive hunger streak. Today has been better than yesterday, so I am thankful for that. I really liked Danas response about it being the whoosh fairy. I guess time will tell.
I was wondering also if anyone else has plateaued this early on as well. It seems that I have gotten to the one weight that I can lose down to and never surpass, and my loss has nearly halted. I lost the first 13 lbs fairly quickly, but I sure hope staying OP will get me past this point.
Hang in there. I would have a great weight lose week and then a week or two where I wouldn't lose anything. Then I would lose 8 pounds and a few weeks with slow weight losses. The water weight with this plan is different for everyone. Try and stay off of the scale for a few weeks. If you get weighed at a clinic, turn around.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I made a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo the other night. My husband wanted gumbo and I knew better than to make a seafood one. The smell of seafood gumbo may have been too tempting for me, lol! I wonder if you can make a gumbo without flour, lol!
I don't know if it is IP approved or not, but Xantham Gum is a thickening agent that people who have to eat gluten free are able to use.
Closed Thread