Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
O0oh WUV. You are just too funny!!I think that I am just catching up from my slow week last week!! But if I can keep this up! I will hopefully meet my mini goal I have set for myself for xmas!!
HOPEFULLY????.....YOU CAN!!!...you know you can do it! if not you still know you aren't going to do anything that will stop you
Old 10-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello Everyone,
Today is Day 1 for me. So far so good. I am hungry still but baby steps. I have a long way to go and look forward to coming here every day. Good luck everyone. It is great to see all the successes. Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 View Post
Happy Monday afternoon everyone!

I have only been on IP for a week, today is day 7, im now off the alternative plan, had my first WI on Day 4 - Gained 1 pound!!! i was angry! but then my coach measured and i had lost 2 Inches, i guess thats a Win. (I found out that night was my TOM - had to have caused the weight gain instead of loss - fingers crossed!)
This week has been great, i dont feel as tho i have lost any, but have way more energy than before i started! Am beleiving for a great WI this Friday!

Thanks to everyone with all your awesome recipes, trying new veggies never had before and am loving them! My tastebuds are excited!

Okay, let me get my walk of shame over with…
Friday through Sunday I was out of town for a wedding weekend.
I definitely went waaaaaaaaaaay off plan. Friday I was really struggling internally in the car, we stopped for lunch at the only normal restaurant we could find. A BBQ joint that was delicious. I had a bbq pulled pork salad, and it just went down here from there.
I even threw up the salad later when we got to hotel, my body was in shock i guess...

Today I have had to force myself to eat because I’m so stuffed still from all the damage. I am aware of the damage and loss of a week I have caused myself, but I will accept the punishment because the memories, fun, food, drinks and laughter was worth it. I was looking forward to this weekend waaay before I started IP three months ago.

I must say, Joe and I worked out hard core in hotel gym Saturday, it was so fun to have gym to ourselves. and danced my heart out all night at wedding. It felt great, along with all the weight loss/ you look beautiful compliments.

It was joe's birthday too, so we had fun celebrating his 28th with friends and family. I made him brownies with butterfinger candybars in him (his favorite recipe). I know so bad but so worth it...once a year? on a cheat day! I bought him a gadget for his firefighter gear and the stinker had just ordered it LAST week! I was so mad! YOU DON'T BUY YOURSELF THINGS THE WEEK BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOU KNOW YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT! MEN!

This is when the hard part starts, with 10- 15lbs left and people saying you look great, you have to remember you still have to finish all the phases regardless of what they say and you feeling thin. My belly is still there, so that’s my goal to get that to vanish. I should lift my shirt and show them my tummy when they tell me to stop losing.

I will see at weigh-in tomorrow how much retaining I caused. I definitely feel full and bloated. Even my feet look puffy… I think that’s due to dancing in high heels though… I must confess after 3 months of the big "C" Being an issue, it was nice to go with no problems for 3 days.

My coach went to Vegas this weekend for a huge IP conference, I’ll let you all know if she comes back with any amazing new knowledge.

Everyone have an OP week! And don’t be hard on me for my planned off plan weekend. I have never been so excited to eat veggies again till today!
(can you believe all wedding weekend there weren’t veggies at any meal? CORN DOES NOT COUNT IN MY EYES nor the FRIED GREEN BEANS! OYE, SOCIETY! )

Last edited by leganegan; 10-17-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #63  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
HOPEFULLY????.....YOU CAN!!!...you know you can do it! if not you still know you aren't going to do anything that will stop you
Yes Mamm... I am certainly trying!! My coach changed me to having a restricted every day... she had me at only 4 a week for a while! and I think that its working!!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post

This is when the hard part starts, with 10- 15lbs left and people saying you look great, you have to remember you still have to finish all the phases regardless of what they say and you feeling thin. My belly is still there, so that’s my goal to get that to vanish. I should lift my shirt and show them my tummy when they tell me to stop losing.
HAHA I agree!! Lets flash the flab when people say it's time to stop!! It'd serve them right to have to look at it!!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
HAHA I agree!! Lets flash the flab when people say it's time to stop!! It'd serve them right to have to look at it!!
To funny!! I was just saying that to someone at work who said "havent you lost enough". I want my belly to be roll-free!!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #66  

I found this on FB from the Ideal Protein page in Finland.....about why we can't drink Diet drinks...thought I would pass it along.....

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-17-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Ideal Protein page in Finland
Old 10-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #67  

Height: 5'6"

Funny you should post that right now, I'm watching The Doctors atm and they are discussing sodas effects on the body.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #68  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Wow, I am learning alot about the body on this diet. Thank you for posting that. I hope it will help me get rid of the soda. I know it is bad for me just a vice ugghhh
Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the info. I also wonder why skim milk in coffee instead of half and half. Skim milk is high in carbs and one of those little half and half creamer cup is carb free.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #70  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I have wondered about the half and half vs. skim milk as well. I assumed it was due to fat content, but not sure. Anyone know?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Yes Mamm... I am certainly trying!! My coach changed me to having a restricted every day... she had me at only 4 a week for a while! and I think that its working!!
You think? I only have 3 restricted a week and i asked my coach if i should increase it and she said that she doesn't think so since i've always only had 3, that it might be too much. Did you find your weight loss better with more restricted? Maybe i should try it one week. You are doing amazing, how long have you been OP?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #72  

I have been having restricted since Day one and have them every day. I did for 2 weeks not have a restricted and it did not change my losses. Again every coach is different but we all have the same goal to lose this weight
Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #73  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezD View Post
Thanks for the info. I also wonder why skim milk in coffee instead of half and half. Skim milk is high in carbs and one of those little half and half creamer cup is carb free.
I was told to use 2 t of cream rather than skimmed milk. But the little half and half containers aren't really carb-free. They just have less than .5 grams of carbs so the manufacturers can say 0.

9 grams (2 t) of heavy cream has 31 calories, .18 protein, 3.33g fat, and .25g carbohydrates; 9 grams of half and half has 12 calories, .27 protein, 1.03g fat, and .39 carbs. Each has a tiny bit of sugar/

If you ever want to check on food nutrient values take a look at
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

This is a huge data base on which all the others, like Fitday, are based.

Last edited by Linden; 10-17-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #74  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
You think? I only have 3 restricted a week and i asked my coach if i should increase it and she said that she doesn't think so since i've always only had 3, that it might be too much. Did you find your weight loss better with more restricted? Maybe i should try it one week. You are doing amazing, how long have you been OP?
i feel more satisfied when I have been having one every day... I think that maybe its because I am eating something else. besides my usual shakes...
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #75  

I don't remember who was looking for the Ingredients of IP foods but I just found this and hope this helps.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IngredientsSummary_Mar2011_1_.pdf (55.2 KB, 16 views)
Closed Thread