Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #46  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I see many who have just started or about to start with IP.

I want to welcome you all and tell you that this is the best diet ever, I almost tried everything before discovering it and I used to lose 5 to 10 pounds the hard way to only gain it back plus some more very quickly after. With this diet, ''magically'' I lost more than 40 pounds very easily in about 3 mounths.

I just want to advise you to stick to the program 100%, give it your all and it will sure work for you.

Best of luck to you all.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #47  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Back from my WI, down another 4 lbs, which totals 36 lbs lost in 9 weeks. And, even though my lower abdomen still feels distended, I still lost 1/2 inch from my waist measurement this week.

I don't have fever anymore and the pain starts lower than it did last night. Last night it was right under my sternum and it doesn't hurt there right now. I'm hoping whatever it is, it's moving down and will eventually move out. I know that sounds gross, but it's what I'm hoping for. I can actually walk in an upright postion this morning where last night I had to walk hunched over or I would have excrutiating pain. I'm still walking slowly and I still have pain, but not as bad as last night. I keeping an eye on it for now. I avoid doctors like the plague, but if it gets worse or persists, I will go.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning! the thread is busy early this morning, looks like we have a lot going on for sure. I hope everyone who is feeling bad gets to feeling better, welcome to all of the newbies. Every coach is different, I chew gum and haven't had any problems with my losses.

I don't remember who had the gain of .8 (thin maybe) I have had a gain and I have been COMPLETELY OP since April 27th. My arthritis was in full swing that week and I was hurting so that is why I had the gain. Your body goes through things that we are not aware of that can cause us to gain, don't fret it will come off.

My son is off today so I think its going to be a day at the beach watching the Cruisers from Cruisin the Coast drive by. Last Sunday was the first day of the week long event and there were over 6,500 cars registered for the event. It is huge this year there are cars and truck starting back as early as the model T cars, if you are a car enthusiastic this a great week to be on the coast. Off to the beach I go!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #49  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Weird ? for you girls...

I need to buy a few new bras, and I am wondering if anyone has bought a size or 2 under what they needed and just used the extenders?

I hate paying so much for a bra that I know won't fit that long, so I was thinking about doing it this way for now.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Weird ? for you girls...

I need to buy a few new bras, and I am wondering if anyone has bought a size or 2 under what they needed and just used the extenders?

I hate paying so much for a bra that I know won't fit that long, so I was thinking about doing it this way for now.
the only thing with that is that your CUP size might change as well. I went for a DD to a C!!! I would just stick with a just my size bra for now that is what I did they are like $15 at walmart. Will get a better one later one when I am at goal...a "pretty" one or few...haha
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #51  

Height: 5'4"

Think back a few weeks, maybe months, when I was so mad because I caught those 2 coworkers talking about me and the one was rolling her eyes right as I turned around.....

Well, this morning she asked me a couple of questions about Disney World, because I'm the go to for Disney trips for some reason, and that is the first time she's talked to me since this happened. I told her I'd email her a few things to get her started. Then about 20 minutes later she was over at my desk telling me I need to tell her all about my diet down to what I eat when and blah blah. I said, "I'm sorry, I can't. It's all second nature to me now and I'm tired of going over it with others because it's been such a waste of time." I mainly said this because I've sent her numerous emails about it and she never starts....I'm done! She said she has a friend who did it and I told her to ask her then. She said, "But it's low carb right so I don't know if I want to because you are going to gain it all back. Aren't you scared?" I said, "I'll follow the program to the end and I will be fine." Then I walked away. Was I being a horrible person?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #52  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Good Afternoon everyone!! I'm happy to say I'm actually enjoying the alternatives. I purchased some RTD shakes from Costco last night for under a dollar each (ON SALE!!). However I am still going to be getting the omelettes from IP because they are not available on the Canadian website.

PaintLady: Congrats on the loss, and I hope you feel better soon!

And I agree with WUV, cup size definately changes!!! Unfortunately for me they dont lose simultaneously haha. I actually went to the doctor once to get one reduced because of the TWO cup size difference, but he knew right away that I must have been dieting and he told me to just keep going with the diet to see if the 'other side' would follow haha.
Just get a less expensive one for now!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #53  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Think back a few weeks, maybe months, when I was so mad because I caught those 2 coworkers talking about me and the one was rolling her eyes right as I turned around.....

Well, this morning she asked me a couple of questions about Disney World, because I'm the go to for Disney trips for some reason, and that is the first time she's talked to me since this happened. I told her I'd email her a few things to get her started. Then about 20 minutes later she was over at my desk telling me I need to tell her all about my diet down to what I eat when and blah blah. I said, "I'm sorry, I can't. It's all second nature to me now and I'm tired of going over it with others because it's been such a waste of time." I mainly said this because I've sent her numerous emails about it and she never starts....I'm done! She said she has a friend who did it and I told her to ask her then. She said, "But it's low carb right so I don't know if I want to because you are going to gain it all back. Aren't you scared?" I said, "I'll follow the program to the end and I will be fine." Then I walked away. Was I being a horrible person?
Not a horrible person at all!! It is frusterating to repeat yourself to someone who A) you've told a few times, B) is doubting your diet and well basically being offensive and C) only talking to you to get what they want.

If she wants to know so bad she should talk to a coach because she wont understand how we're not going to gain it back right away.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8810 View Post
Not a horrible person at all!! It is frusterating to repeat yourself to someone who A) you've told a few times, B) is doubting your diet and well basically being offensive and C) only talking to you to get what they want.

If she wants to know so bad she should talk to a coach because she wont understand how we're not going to gain it back right away.
I do alternatives so she wants to know all about how. She told me already it's not about the money, she just doesn't have the willpower, so if she wants to do it she can go to the nearest clinic and have them help her. She's started weight watchers about 3 times this year already and only gained weight.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #55  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Welcome and don't forget to read the stickys at the top of the post, also the recipe threads have helped in becoming too bored.

I never really got sick much anyway, but since losing I haven't been sick at all knock on wood.. Lets hope it continues, I am thinking it might have something to do with the suppliments too.

Welcome Sarah and Hubby... forum is a little confusing at times but is good.

Now I have looked and this is the weird thing... the dentyne fire in those big containers (look like chiclets) they don't have aspartame but the stick ones do.... I hadn't chewed gum for about 8 months and then was really tired on the way home one day (1 hour drive) I grabbed a couple... well had gum a couple of times and also had really bad weigh ins... so cut out the gum.... good news apparently that is not what is causing my bad wis.... still don't know what is but we will figure it out. or just deal with 1 week gaining next week losing until I reach my goal.
that sure is weird why they would put it in the sticks of gum, I actually don't really recall seeing sticks of it when I buy it. We buy the containers or the 12 pack chicklets and they both use the sucralose. I buy the 12 pack chicklets in a case of 12 at Costco or at Walmart I buy the containers.
You have done so well on your weight loss, and it must be frustrating for you to be gaining and loosing when you are so close to the finish. Hang in there. Have fun at the dog trials this weekend, hope your pet family is all doing well
Old 10-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #56  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

You were not being a horrible person. She just won't leave you alone will she. My feeling is that she is just so jealous of your great accomplishment, you have done so well with your weight loss be proud of yourself. I would have done the same thing, and I totally agree with how you said it to her. She has never used your information in the past, she just seems to want to put you down. Why do people have to do that to others, they should be happy for people who are making things better for themselves. Take care, you are doing great
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Am I the only one still scared to chew gum? In most diets it was a staple for me. I had a pack everywhere just to keep my mouth busy and not pop food in it. I have it in my head that a cheat is a cheat and I was told no gum so to me that's cheating. It can't be that big of a deal but I still haven't done it. Am I the only one?
I was told that the only gum we are allowed is "Stride".
It is sugar free and contains sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, aspartame, sucralose
hmmm wonder if that's my problem?????
I've been eating it daily - 1/2 piece at a time so perhaps 3 pieces/day
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #58  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I was told that the only gum we are allowed is "Stride".
It is sugar free and contains sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, aspartame, sucralose
hmmm wonder if that's my problem?????
I've been eating it daily - 1/2 piece at a time so perhaps 3 pieces/day
I learnt that we are not supposed to have aspartame on IP.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #59  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I have a question: I discovered a chewing gum that does not have aspartame, it is the ''Dentyne Fire, Cinnamon'', it has sorbitol, maltitol, manntol, acésulfame-potassium and sucralose, I know sucralose is ok since splenda is made out of this, but are all the other ingredient ok? Please if anyone knows, tell me.

Keep up the good work everyone
GREAT job on the continued no cheating!! I chew the dentyne fire as it's the only gum I could find that has no aspartame and I've been fine. My coach said to only have a couple pieces / week but when I work in the office I chew it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Welcome boyz4us! I'm a newbie too!

My fiance' called me this morning as today is our first WI day. He lost 10.6 pounds! I'm so so excited for him. He only has 50 more pounds to go so he'll hit that goal in no time! I WI tonight after work and I'm very anxious. Of course I just had to start my TOM yesterday so I'm not sure how much that will impact my WI but I know I've lost and that is great!

Have a great day everyone and stay strong!
Congrats to hubby and good luck to you, you'll do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Had my 4th weigh in yesterday and was UP .8lbs!

I have been 100% faithful and was expecting a loss
Really second guessing this diet unfortunately as I've only lost 10lbs to date and it is very very expensive when you look at it that way

Coach reduced me to two restrictives this week, have been having one per day since I started - hopefully this does the trick but I'm worried that the yogurt, puddings and soup won't cut it - I'll be starving by time I get home

BTW - I even had a couple mugs of hot lemon water the night before my weigh in.... TOM is expected this week but I can't see that making a huge differencem, even so it still isn't a huge loss so far...
Every 4th week for me is a low loss, I honestly haven't gained but I'm sure I will one of these weeks and I'm 100% OP. Keep going, it will come off! You're still eating 3 packets a day though right? Just cause you can't have a restricted item you just have an extra of the non restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning, everyone! Wow, yesterday was rough for me too. I went to visit my uncle and by the time we made it home, I was in rough shape. Severe abdominal pain. Started with just some discomfort and by dinner time, I could barely walk. I couldn't eat my dinner or snack, there was no way. My intestines felt like they were full of hot rocks and like someone was stabbing me. Seriously, they hurt from just under my sternum all the way to the end. I couldn't even sit comfortably. It has been said that I have a "cast iron stomach", nothing ever bothers me, never have issues with any type of food. Well, yesterday, I had 1 oz of milk in my coffee. First time in 9 weeks. That was the only thing different, so I suspected at first that was my problem, then I started running fever last night, so now not sure. I took some Gas X last night, just in case that was what it was. I don't know because I've never really had that either. I still hurt this morning, but not quite as severe. My abdomen is distended. I'm just hoping it goes away soon. I have my WI today at 10:00 and I'm worried about how not eating last night will effect me in the long run. Plus, I only had 32 oz water yesterday. I just couldn't eat or drink.
I responded the same way after I had some milk in my starbucks a couple weeks ago, it was brutal!!! I was in the bathroom and had to go to bed early that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

So I thought I'd share this experience with everyone. Something I already knew, something that I've told other people. 10 bucks says I'll need to be told multiple times (and so will others). It was just said to me in a different way yesterday.

So I try to say to people "follow the program, stop stressing about the scale, it will come off eventually"....other people have said it to me, we say it to each other sometimes daily on this forum.

So yesterday, I hadn't weighed in for two weeks. It was a little disconcerting...two weeks is a long time. I can do no scale for a week but TWO weeks…wowza! I powered through being around a scale by drinking a lot of water so that even if I gave into the urge to step on it would be too heavy because of the water.

Yesterday morning this weird thought popped into my head "OMG, what if it's only 1 lb, it's been two weeks but what if it's only 1 POUND!!!!" and then the anxiety started. I worked hard at trying to push it out of my head....I talked to my BFFL (Best Friend For Life lol) she laughed and told me to get a life. Obviously that didn’t work so...I emailed the VIP.

The VIP Response to my email was "it is what it is; it's not going to change what you eat tomorrow because you'll still follow your diet tomorrow". And I thought.....yeah.....even if it was only 1 lb, he's right...I'll still wake up and have my wildberry for brekkie...it's not going to change my actions.

This is why I don't just love him, I CrAzY love him!

I just wanted to share that little meditation for weigh in day "it is what it is, it's not going to change what you do tomorrow because you'll still follow your diet tomorrow".

It will come off eventually we just have to be the little engines that could.
Awesome, hubby. Mine told me pretty much the same thing as I went down 5.7lbs in 2 weeks where my goal is 3lbs/week so I was a little disappointed since I was close but not quite there. Him and my daughter looked at my like I was crazy and they both said, "you are 5.7lbs lighter than you were 2 weeks ago. We remember when you said you couldn't wait to get into the 180's and that flew by and now you're almost in the 160's, be proud of where you are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2027 View Post
Hi all just started IP today with my hubby. Really hoping for success, and figure this chat group can do nothing but help. I'm just snooping through the site now trying to figure it out. It's time to lose my baby weight before I go back to work in 3 months!
Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Good morning! I'm going this afternoon for my consultation with a coach!! I'm so excited to get started with this diet plan. I cannot wait until 2pm!!
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!! Just hope I can stick with it and make the changes necessary to be successful.
Seeing the weight melt off will help you stick with it. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Back from my WI, down another 4 lbs, which totals 36 lbs lost in 9 weeks. And, even though my lower abdomen still feels distended, I still lost 1/2 inch from my waist measurement this week.

I don't have fever anymore and the pain starts lower than it did last night. Last night it was right under my sternum and it doesn't hurt there right now. I'm hoping whatever it is, it's moving down and will eventually move out. I know that sounds gross, but it's what I'm hoping for. I can actually walk in an upright postion this morning where last night I had to walk hunched over or I would have excrutiating pain. I'm still walking slowly and I still have pain, but not as bad as last night. I keeping an eye on it for now. I avoid doctors like the plague, but if it gets worse or persists, I will go.
Yay on the weight loss. Glad your fever is gone. I honestly don't like my stomach either, I'm shrinking but not reshaping, will need to do something about that!

Quote:

NO, you were not horrible. I'm sure she knows how to use a computer, she can google IP and find out everything she wants. Good for you for being strong and doing what you did! She honestly still doesn't sound serious about it so I wouldn't waste my time either.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #60  

I just looked at the Halloween spreadsheet and it looks like we are at 44lbs so far for this week. Last weeks total was 88lbs so we are almost beating it. ITs amazing to see the first week of the spreadsheet so high then drops every week after. I KNOW we can get it pass that 88lbs this week!!! Don't forget to put your losses on the Halloween spreadsheet!!!
Closed Thread