Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #1  

Default Is this strange?

I have a question. I had my 4th weigh in today and lost a total of 16.6 pounds. Yeah! Whats strange tho is that i have only dropped about 2% body fat. Is that weird?? I feel less fat ;0) and I am looking different. Why wouldnt it show in my fat loss?
Hope everyone is doing well!!
Thanks, Renee
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Hi, how are you measuring your body fat %? Some of the automated scales are impacted by the amount of water you have recently drank (or haven't drank), could it be that? I've also noticed on my scale that I can't trust the body fat %s around TOM.....
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

How are you measuring body fat? Those scales are notoriously inaccurate and unless you're using calipers (ok, they are other methods too but they are much more expensive), it's hard to get a cheap, good reading.

Honestly, the best thing to look at is inches lost because body fat is pretty hard to calculate.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't think it's abnormal. I just had my 4th WI and have lost a total of 20lbs and I've lost 2.72% body fat. Are you using the IP Stay Healthy dashboard? That breaks the amount of weight you've lost down into lbs of fat and lbs of lean body mass.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #5  

They measure the body fat at my weigh ins and keep track there.
I wont focus on it for sure, I was just wondering what you all thought or how much you all have lost
Renee
Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I honestly have no clue as to that, they never measured me for that. Just pounds and inches are measured at my clinic.

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #7  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Renee keep in mind that % can be a tough to compare with. If I look at my fat # I'm only down 2.6% however my overall weight is down 41lbs and the other numbers like BMI, Visceral Fat Rating and degree of obesity are all numbers that I also look at. Most of all I know that in addition to my weight loss I feel better about myself and in the end that's really all that matters.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #8  

So true Y Guy! Great job on your weight loss so far.
Wuv. they check fat at every visit. They have me put both my hands on something and it registers. Guess every clinic is different.....
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarenee View Post
So true Y Guy! Great job on your weight loss so far.
Wuv. they check fat at every visit. They have me put both my hands on something and it registers. Guess every clinic is different.....
They're using the StayHealthy BCA, which is the most accurate Class II medical device out there, and it comes within .05% of hydrostatic weighing (the water tank).

If you keep in mind that a lot of what you lost the first week when you were depleting your glycogen reserves was water, that's probably about right. You should see a steady decline in body fat going forward, and your lean mass should remain fairly level. The BCA is a relatively new addition to IP, and it's an awesome tool for measuring your progress, so if your clinic doesn't have one yet, you could always ask them about it.

And yeah, 16.6 lbs in 4 weeks is definitely something to celebrate!
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote