Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #16  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Exclamation PB is my trigger food too...

Before you give up, try the Nashua chocolate covred peanut butter bars. I take a full 10 minutes to savor this treat and it is like having the real thing, real PB. Of course, in the past I could polish off a half jar of pb in one sitting. This is a great way to get the fix!
AFTER: don't let peanut butter be a forbidden food for you, the way I made peace with it was to allow myself to have it whenever and how often I wanted...as long as I was HUNGRY and I stopped eating it when I was no longer hungry. I ate peanut butter for 18 days in a row 3 times a day. Then I knew I could have it and not gain weight from it, if I ate it respectfully.

It helps to know about what the other gal said, nutritional deficiencies or allergies. you could be setting up the craving without knowing it.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all the feedback! I am taking the rest of today off from IP (since i completely went off protocol after the unfortunate PB incident). It included more PB, ice cream and a few bites of toast. I am going to stock up on more IP bars and I have a call to find out why my WF PB wasn't delivered (strange huh?). Anyway going to not beat myself up but rather enjoy tonight and consider tomorrow day 1, phase 1. Will check into the tolerance issue, too!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #18  
Freedom from Food

I am throwing out my jar of PB. I think it talks too much in that cabinet. I won't drive to the store for it, good idea, everybody.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #19  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default slippery road

Okay so I wasn't going to respond, as the last time I did tough love, it didn't turn out so well but...

So you miss peanut butter, oh me too... I even tried WF peanut spread... it is so not peanut butter, but tonight I had it on celery... why you ask? because I miss peanut butter.

It is such a slippery road you are on my friend. You know this is a NO cheat diet, but you are now arguing with yourself on how much can you cheat and get away with it. Where is it going to end? so peanut butter doesn't stop cheating and you are still losing weight, so lets try ice cream or lets try different candies, or the next thing you know you are eating more and more that are not on the list. Then you are wondering why you aren't losing weight. The PB soy puffs help a lot. I also make a thai pb sauce for chicken and at least that tastes better with the WF pb. Please think carefully and from your last posts it looks like you have kind of figured it out on your own why you are cheating... so now try to figure out how NOT to cheat. Good luck..

Have you ever heard of PB2? google it for nutritional value. It isn't for phase 1 either but it might be something for later...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
So I am sure you are thinking: NEITHER! However, I am only 2 1/2 weeks in and I cheat about every 4th day and have some peanut butter. The more times goes between, the more peanut butter. I know the theory behind the no cheat rule on this diet, yet it doesn't seem to stop me. I am resisting everything else, but this is my downfall.

So, it begs the question: Do I Quit and go to phase 3 and 4 since I clearly am not successful wtih the 100 no cheating? Or, do I continue and just accept that every few days I will have some peanut butter even if it slows losses a bit?

If this were you, what would you do (and "don't cheat" is not the kind of repsonse I am looking for at this point!)???
Ahhh.the dreaded Pb, I think we all miss it. For me it was dry roasted peanuts, I could eat the whole jar in a day! So I can't have them in the house when I'm in IP it would be to difficult. Defiantly throw out the PB. And when you allowed PB again try the natural types.
We need to follow protocol yes the others are right it could defiantly mess with your system if you up and down which is why there is no cheating on this diet. This was one of the most difficult things I ever did in my entire life, somedays I was like what the **** am I doing to myself. But it was working so I stuck to the program.
The idea is to rest your pancreas completely and by cheating you will not rest it. Then we restart it slowly in phase 3 by reintroducing carbs only in the am so your insulin levels do not go up and down all day long and learn to stay steady. This will train you pancreas yo produce less insulin wich will help to maintain you new weight. If you do not let your self reset your pancreas, by resting it(NO CHEATS) it will continue to produce more insulin than your body needs and that is where the weight gain come onto play. Which is why on your cheat day on phase 4 the day after is clean so that the body will not store the insulin and it will release it out of the body, hense no weight gain.

great job on your accomplishment and good luck the rest of the way! OUT W/ the PB!!!!!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #21  

Thanks again everyone. Yes, I get the whole pancreas rest thing. The whole don't cheat thing. I just cannot get rid of the nagging feeling that all my IP things have a couple of carbs, what's a couple in natural peanut butter? 1 TBSP is like a restricted food with a little more fat and sicne I find a little more fat much more satiating, why can't I have it? This is literally the conversation in my head. And, unlike suggested above, it is the "I cheated" mentality that is the slippery slope, not the peanut butter itself. If I had permission to have 1 TBSP natural peanut butter today I don't think it would be an issue. So, with that said, I am reframing my mindset and not thinking about it as a cheat. It is now gone, so actually I don't have to think about it at all.

Black coffee (no splenda or milk splash this morning!) to start out my day and on my way to those last 10 in a healthy way =)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Thanks again everyone. Yes, I get the whole pancreas rest thing. The whole don't cheat thing. I just cannot get rid of the nagging feeling that all my IP things have a couple of carbs, what's a couple in natural peanut butter? 1 TBSP is like a restricted food with a little more fat and sicne I find a little more fat much more satiating, why can't I have it? This is literally the conversation in my head. And, unlike suggested above, it is the "I cheated" mentality that is the slippery slope, not the peanut butter itself. If I had permission to have 1 TBSP natural peanut butter today I don't think it would be an issue. So, with that said, I am reframing my mindset and not thinking about it as a cheat. It is now gone, so actually I don't have to think about it at all.

Black coffee (no splenda or milk splash this morning!) to start out my day and on my way to those last 10 in a healthy way =)
You are so close! This might be why you are wanting it too. Because you are almost at phase 3. I think you should buy the puffs, and any peanut bars and hang in there, phase 3 and 4 are the most important phases. I didn't follow phase 3 and 4 last time and ( i stopped) and gained 40lbs in 2 years! Also, my clinic sells PB2 and apparently it's good, ask your clinic about that for phase 3. Put peanute puffs in freezer I love them like that, and I mike them with the chocolate ones.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #23  
start IP Feb 8 2011

So you say a tablespoon is like a restricted food... so are you replacing a IP packet for just 1 tablespoon of PB? or are you considering it a restricted veg? which you know it totally isn't. So if you consider it a restricted veg do you have it once a week? and if you consider it a restricted IP packet, aren't you more hungry for less food?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Okay so I wasn't going to respond, as the last time I did tough love, it didn't turn out so well but...

So you miss peanut butter, oh me too... I even tried WF peanut spread... it is so not peanut butter, but tonight I had it on celery... why you ask? because I miss peanut butter.

It is such a slippery road you are on my friend. You know this is a NO cheat diet, but you are now arguing with yourself on how much can you cheat and get away with it. Where is it going to end? so peanut butter doesn't stop cheating and you are still losing weight, so lets try ice cream or lets try different candies, or the next thing you know you are eating more and more that are not on the list. Then you are wondering why you aren't losing weight. The PB soy puffs help a lot. I also make a thai pb sauce for chicken and at least that tastes better with the WF pb. Please think carefully and from your last posts it looks like you have kind of figured it out on your own why you are cheating... so now try to figure out how NOT to cheat. Good luck..

Have you ever heard of PB2? google it for nutritional value. It isn't for phase 1 either but it might be something for later...
Have you posted the recipe for tai chicken in pb sauce ??? would you?
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think this is why they ask you to rate what level of committment you are at before we begin. If we are not at a high level of committment, it can get very expensive.
I think in your case I'd try to get away from PB flavored things altogether for a while and see if that works.

You are very close to an ideal weight so you are likely not seeing big victories like clothes fitting suddenly. That probably means you have to bring the mental consciousness to the forfront and think what am I actually going here.
Good luck with the last 10, that is a great position to be in.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I pretty much agree with patns, but with that said, I went to a mennonite store and amoungst there flavorings, I found Peanut Butter. I add 1/2-1 tsp to a vanilla or chocolate shake or pudding and it is just enough flavor (maybe more the smell) to make me happy. The problem may be finding it. The company is Shanks. Maybe this would help
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #27  

2Ride - I was having this in place of a restricted food. I wasn't really hungry for more. I find PB very satiating and satisfying. But, I did end up buying the PB Vanilla IP bars and hope to have that instead . . . even if not the same. I also just reodred the WF PB and hope it arrives this time. I figure that might do it (though I think the chocolate syrup is gross).

I am not thrilled with the level of chemicals and artificial products I am putting in my body so the WF products may not be a good solution for me, but I am willing to try it!

I think avoiding PB might not be a bad approach if the bars and WF seem to wake the craving more than satisfy it. Might try to find that Shanks brand also.

Today has been good so far. Totally OP, had a nice jog, feeling good!!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #28  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Have you posted the recipe for tai chicken in pb sauce ??? would you?
Hi I just looked this up for someone else as well today, it is in the recipes 2 sticky, page 28... let me know if the directions are okay.

Quote:
2Ride - I was having this in place of a restricted food. I wasn't really hungry for more. I find PB very satiating and satisfying. But, I did end up buying the PB Vanilla IP bars and hope to have that instead . . . even if not the same. I also just reodred the WF PB and hope it arrives this time. I figure that might do it (though I think the chocolate syrup is gross).

I am not thrilled with the level of chemicals and artificial products I am putting in my body so the WF products may not be a good solution for me, but I am willing to try it!

I think avoiding PB might not be a bad approach if the bars and WF seem to wake the craving more than satisfy it. Might try to find that Shanks brand also.

Today has been good so far. Totally OP, had a nice jog, feeling good!!
The WF peanut butter is NOT good... but I do miss my peanut butter and this is an alright substitute. yesterday when I had celery I added splenda and sea salt, it made it edible... I suggest trying the Peanut butter davinci syrups... It has the smell and taste of peanut butter and will be good with vanilla pudding. I also have it with chocolate pudding. I have also added it to the wf peanut butter to try and get it tasting better. Good luck, I hope you can get through this little hurdle.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #29  
Freedom from Food

Try the double peanut butter nashua food bars. They are equal to one restricted and are quite excellent for the pb cravings. WF PB....had to throw mine out. I'd just rather wait till phase four to have the real thing, if I even want it then. You know, things do change as we learn to be disciplined!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #30  

Tonight I gave in on my son's first birthday and had some gelato. I cannot seem to stick to this diet :/ I think I am going to talk to my coach tomorrow about phasing out so hopefully I can keep off the 8 pounds i lost but at this rate I am ccertainly not losing more, I keep cheating, I am not having regular bowel movements and I really miss my exercise.

Feel disappointed in myself but trying to be realistic.