Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i weigh every day and at first it drove me crazy, but now it is wonderful to learn how your body works so you can get used to your rhythm. mine goes good for 2 weeks then slows then after 2 slows, it speeds up again. its weird but that's how my body rolls....

I LUV this diet, but i am getting tired of the pms. i get a period then a week later i start to spot so that is my ONLY complaint. other than that, i am very happy with my results.
I have noticed this in the 6 weeks I've been on this diet! I think it's kinda interesting/neat that my body fights with some lbs and then 'boom' they drop off. I do drive myself nutz with weighing everyday too but I don't think I could actually weight in once a week as I need to see the 'fight' to keep motivated. I'm not getting periods but I do have very angry moments which I've said is my "drive by PMS"
Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #17  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
This is why I LOVE all of you!! You keep me grounded and to stop and look at the big picture of this journey. Started day 12 today and jumped on the scale this morning no change from Sunday...grrrrrrr.

After reading all the posts I'm stepping back, looking at how I feel, how my clothes fit and putting the number out of my mind!

THANKS FOR KEEPING ME SANE!
It will come off. I am a few weeks ahead of you, but I also experienced the same thing. You can't help but lose your weight. Your body is just saying, "Whoa there, Girl! What the heck are you doing to me? Where are all my goodies and all those carbs that I love so much?" Eventually it will get the message (sometimes it's a slow learner) and you will lose consistently.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
I did it! I did it! I really, really did it! I started this program May 1 weighing in at 225 and as of today June 1, I am at 199.......wahooooo, wahooooo! I did not give into any temptations this month, I stayed OP and I did not tweak the plan at all...and the PLAN WORKED!! *cartwheel*, *cartwheel*, *doing the happy dance!* Bring on month 2, Bring on the skinny me...Bring on more IP products....Bring on the world!!!!!!
Congratulations on your success! I'm so happy for you! What wonderful results. I know you must feel so much better not carrying around those extra 26 pounds. Your results are fantastic!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
I'm starting my 3rd week and I haven't lost anyting (3days in) I know I shouldn't be weighing every single day, but I've have gotten use to seeing the numbers go down everyday for the past 2 weeks! I'm eating 100% OP no cheats but still no loss I'm stuck at 150.4 and I'm DYING to see the 140s...sooooo frustrating!! LOL

Anyone else experience a stall in the 3rd week? How to I combat this? Taking out my restricted?
My 3rd weigh in was only a 1.8 lb loss. Then throughout the week I am watching my scale drop by 3.2 lbs and I weigh in tomorrow. like Ash mentioned I think that everything evens out in the end and averages along.

I wouldn't necessarily skip the restricted as your brain does need a certain amount of carbs to function. So do watch that you are getting a sufficient amount of them somewhere.

crystalchuckgracie I am with ya, the spot thing is driving me a little insane.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I have noticed this in the 6 weeks I've been on this diet! I think it's kinda interesting/neat that my body fights with some lbs and then 'boom' they drop off. I do drive myself nutz with weighing everyday too but I don't think I could actually weight in once a week as I need to see the 'fight' to keep motivated. I'm not getting periods but I do have very angry moments which I've said is my "drive by PMS"
I noticed the same thing. I just completed Week 6 yesterday and consistently use the scale as motivation and keep me 'on track'. Thanks for posting and keep coming back.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Boy... I slept so late this morning. I'm usually up by 7, but today slept in until almost 9am. I am still getting up several times during the night to go pee, but I can live with it just as long as I keep losing weight. Thank goodness I work from home!

According to my scale I was down from yesterday. This brings up the topic of daily weighing. I know that it drives some of you crazy because your scales don't exactly weigh you the same as your clinic scale. This is true nearly always. I use my daily weigh in as a measure of what I'm going to eat that day. If I'm up a little (for whatever reason) or seem to be at a particular number for several days, I tend to eat fish or chicken as my supper. Or... I might decide that eating my supper for lunch will be better for me. I think the important thing here is to use the scale as a positive tool, not a definitive result of your progress. Did it ever occur to you that YOUR scale might have been the one that was wrong? Why do we normally assume that THEIR scales are not working properly?

One more thing... I'm seeing a LOT of you wonderful women on here who are entering Phases 2 and 3, and at the same time, not too many of us who are still plodding our way (or weigh) through Phase 1. Sometimes reading about the success of others is a hard pill to swallow, especially if we are having difficulty or have 50+ pounds to lose. I love reading about all the successes of those of you in the later phases, but I would also love to continue to hear more from those of us in Phase 1.

I will admit that several days ago I was overwhelmed with reading about everyone's success in Phases 2 and 3 and decided that I had nothing to add to this forum because I wasn't a member of the Phase 2 and 3 Club. I don't want to take anything away from you ladies who are near your goal. I am so happy for you, but at the same time I was also a tiny bit jealous since I have so much weight to lose. After I got over my pity-party, I decided to try posting again. It is so important for those of us in Phase 1 or just beginning our journey to keep coming back here and participate in this forum. It definitely helps me to stay on program. So, I am going to ask those of you in Phase 1 to please participate and post. We need to be able to share our small successes with each other and talk about issues that you may or may not be having with the program.

Ok... off my soapbox. I hope each and every one of us has a wonderful day! I also hope that we are successful either in weight and/or inches lost, improved health, motivation, etc. and hope to see you back tomorrow and the next day and the days after that.

God bless us all (Yes.. I said God--I'm a believer and make no apologies).

Dont worry about the soapbox, it does the body good to step up there lol, I love going up there.

I am going to phase two on sat, only because I am going to Miami for a month on the end of july, so to take care of my body, I have to phase out. I must say that I am ready for a little change though. I want to taste strawberries for breakfast so bad. In Canada our fruit and veggies in the summer time are a treat for us, so to me thats way better then a bag of chips, at least for me at this period in my life. IP has made me see things differently. I hope I can contain myself in Miami. When I come back I dont know if I will go on phase one, maybe, its seems easier in the winter to diet then the summer, so who knows. I try to read people phase 11, 111, 1v phases just a bit to help me prepare.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm firmly in phase 1 and don't see getting out for awhile. I'm not much fun thoug since I seem to be struggling so much lately. I did a lot of thinking last night to figure out why I keep sabotaging myself. Right now I weigh the least I've weighed since I graduated high school. I've always compared myself to others and always found myself to be lacking. I didn't work hard to lose the weight before because I didn't think I could do it anyway.

Some part of me thinks that I don't derserve to have the body I've always wanted and that I can't get it either. I have always viewed myself in a negative light. I understand that no diet will fix that. It's something I need to work on not only for myself but for my daughters. I'm not sure yet how to do better but I'm going to try and be more forgiving of myself.

Today starts a new week for me and for the diet. I'm going to work hard and it's going to be a no restricted week. I'm still keeping the tomatoes though, they keep me sane!

Cartwheelmama-Congrats on onederland!!! Good job!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #23  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone! Boy... I slept so late this morning. I'm usually up by 7, but today slept in until almost 9am. I am still getting up several times during the night to go pee, but I can live with it just as long as I keep losing weight. Thank goodness I work from home!

According to my scale I was down from yesterday. This brings up the topic of daily weighing. I know that it drives some of you crazy because your scales don't exactly weigh you the same as your clinic scale. This is true nearly always. I use my daily weigh in as a measure of what I'm going to eat that day. If I'm up a little (for whatever reason) or seem to be at a particular number for several days, I tend to eat fish or chicken as my supper. Or... I might decide that eating my supper for lunch will be better for me. I think the important thing here is to use the scale as a positive tool, not a definitive result of your progress. Did it ever occur to you that YOUR scale might have been the one that was wrong? Why do we normally assume that THEIR scales are not working properly?

One more thing... I'm seeing a LOT of you wonderful women on here who are entering Phases 2 and 3, and at the same time, not too many of us who are still plodding our way (or weigh) through Phase 1. Sometimes reading about the success of others is a hard pill to swallow, especially if we are having difficulty or have 50+ pounds to lose. I love reading about all the successes of those of you in the later phases, but I would also love to continue to hear more from those of us in Phase 1.

I will admit that several days ago I was overwhelmed with reading about everyone's success in Phases 2 and 3 and decided that I had nothing to add to this forum because I wasn't a member of the Phase 2 and 3 Club. I don't want to take anything away from you ladies who are near your goal. I am so happy for you, but at the same time I was also a tiny bit jealous since I have so much weight to lose. After I got over my pity-party, I decided to try posting again. It is so important for those of us in Phase 1 or just beginning our journey to keep coming back here and participate in this forum. It definitely helps me to stay on program. So, I am going to ask those of you in Phase 1 to please participate and post. We need to be able to share our small successes with each other and talk about issues that you may or may not be having with the program.

Ok... off my soapbox. I hope each and every one of us has a wonderful day! I also hope that we are successful either in weight and/or inches lost, improved health, motivation, etc. and hope to see you back tomorrow and the next day and the days after that.

I know exactly what you mean. I kinda felt that way too. I've been basically just reading the posts for the past couple of days, not replying too too much. But it's crazy how enveyous and jealous we can get. But just remember we will all get there sooner than later. I'm here with you on Phase 1 and probably will be here for a while. I have my WI #5 tonight so hoping to have a good number but my scale isn't showing much of a difference. But we'll see. My coach told me that after week 4 you can start having some restrictions. I have been having oatmeal every morning for breakfast. If the scale doesn't show a big number tonight I think I will either take them out or just have them every second day.

Have a great OP IP day everybody!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!

Thank you MInewgoal for posting the new thread! I wish I knew how lol
Last night I was watching "The Voice" and at EVERY SINGLE commercial there was at least two that were about food. Honestly it was ridiculous! It was the first time I ever noticed that! It was 10h45 and my boyfriend and I were looking at each other and agreeing that we were not hungry AT ALL but the fact that the commercials kept coming it looked so disgustingly good??? LOLL I was so happy we did not eat anything after the show or during..it was a tempting day and night yesterday so glad that it's over!!

So day 5 for me WOUHOU! I can't wait until Friday for my official WI! TOM down one day and my bloating is now gone and it's fantastiiic I feel good today!!

I just got an unsweetened ice tea lemonade from Starbucks because they did not have anymore iced coffee...I hope that it's okay! If not I only had two sips so far I can throw it out LOLL

I hope you all have a wonderful day !!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #25  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I have noticed this in the 6 weeks I've been on this diet! I think it's kinda interesting/neat that my body fights with some lbs and then 'boom' they drop off.
Yep, same here. I call it my "whoosh day"... Someone on this forum used that term a while back and I love it! I need a whoosh day, though. Haven't had one in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
My 3rd weigh in was only a 1.8 lb loss. Then throughout the week I am watching my scale drop by 3.2 lbs and I weigh in tomorrow. like Ash mentioned I think that everything evens out in the end and averages along.
I didn't lose much these past few weeks, but I've been losing more inches than normal. Everything will work itself out in the end... stay focused. You are doing great.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I did it! I did it! I really, really did it! I started this program May 1 weighing in at 225 and as of today June 1, I am at 199.......wahooooo, wahooooo! I did not give into any temptations this month, I stayed OP and I did not tweak the plan at all...and the PLAN WORKED!! *cartwheel*, *cartwheel*, *doing the happy dance!* Bring on month 2, Bring on the skinny me...Bring on more IP products....Bring on the world!!!!!!
Congrats on a successful month, and on reaching onederland!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:

I am really sorry if anything that I posted contributed to bringing you down.

My journey here may seem short but it does not tell the whole story. I've been actively working at this since January 2008. IP did not represent the beginning of my journey... it was the answer to a prayer in a time of need. My high was 206 lbs, so I know where you are coming from and I sure can relate to the frustration and pity parties. I watched as my SIL "effortlessly" lost 138 lbs the whole time that I yo-yo'ed up and down with the same 10 lbs and felt deprived and sore (I was exercising so much that my muscles always hurt).

I hope your post will encourage more Phase I'ers to participate in the discussions! Everyone needs encouragement on this journey through the good and the bad.

I am sorry for your feelings but I am also glad that you posted so that hopefully, we can all avoid inadvertently hurting someone instead of encouraging them.

I am not done yet and may still have a bit to go. I still have days where I struggle with this. Yesterday, I really wanted to binge. I have a lot of work to do still. I am also considering changing my goal (have been considering this all along)... so maybe another 15 lbs to go, if you can all bear with me that long!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-01-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:

THAT IS AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!! WOUHOU!!! Doing the happy dance for you!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have another business lunch today but I am not phased by this. I know that I can stay OP in just about any restaurant now. I have conquered this! I have my "IP emergency pack" ready to go with supplements, a bar, Stevia and an extra salad dressing in case someone wants to share mine (this happened to me yesterday).

I am also wearing the dress that I wore to my FIL's memorial at the beginning of April but without all of the shapeware (just a lighter one) and with the belt done on the last notch! It looks so much better now! I love this dress! If I lose more weight, I will consider having it taken in (unless they still have them at my local Walmart and I can get a smaller one for the same price as it was not very expensive at all).

I have not had a WI yet this week and I don't know that I will be able to fit one in as I am off work tomorrow and Friday but I will be going downtown, so I may stop by my gym and see if she can do one on impulse (I don't know what my timing will be). We'll have to see. In the meanwhile, I will take my weight from this morning and add 2 lbs (as I am usually 2 lbs more on my Coach's scale, mid-day, with clothes on and I've been using that as my official WI all along).

I also don't know if I can go to tap class tonight. My babysitter was supposed to confirm and I have not heard from her. I hope I can go but I am okay with it if I can't. I won't know until it's time to leave. I'll just have to see if she shows up or not. I don't want to ask my Mother-in-law again as she bailed me out on Monday so that I could go and that was fair enough! If she offers, I may not say no but I won't ask again.

Also, my washer broke last night... full of clothes and water and it looks like the timer died. It won't even drain. My husband was going to get a part to fix it (around $100 for the part) but a friend on Facebook offered me one that she is giving away (5 years old - front loader)! So cool! We are looking into making arrangements to get it. I will probably give her some money for it but still very cool!

My husband is now working noon to 8 p.m. so I am playing "single mom" in the evening for the whole month. This causes me stress and makes me want to binge... I still have work to do in this area!
Susie,

You can so make it through your hubby's crazy schedule!! You will find a way to deal I hope you get to go to your tap class as a reward tonight!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #30  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
:c arrot:

I remember how elated I felt when I got under 200!!

Good job! Keep up the good work! Next stop...Goooooooooooooooooooal
Closed Thread